Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for None

Real Name None   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ViRGE
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 16, 2003, 17:42
Total Comments 1381 (Pro)
User ID 19707

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Bails on GFWL
3. Re: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Bails on GFWL Feb 24, 2014, 18:46 ViRGE

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 18:42:
I will give them credit for stripping out GFWL too, especially given that this game has zero community right now.
Indeed. Anyone willing to strip out GFWL is doing well by me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Rambo The Video Game
26. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Rambo The Video Game Feb 21, 2014, 20:10 ViRGE

Trevellian wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 14:42:
TotalBiscuit just started streaming this game on Twitch:
http://www.twitch.tv/totalbiscuit

IT'S FUCKING ON RAILS, LIKE A LIGHTGUN SHOOTER.
HI-FUCKING-LARIOUS
An on rails shooter? Wow.

I had low expectations for this game, but that's sinking to an all new low.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
10. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 21, 2014, 07:24 ViRGE

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 00:33:
Kitkoan wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 00:01:
ViRGE wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 21:04:
"The Lowest Possible Score In 'Super Mario Bros.'"

What kind of shenanigans is this? The 4-2 warp zone is not accessed via a pipe.

So I'm not the only one who noticed that...

Within 20 seconds you can tell it is a mame/modded game.
Honestly I'm cool it it being emulated and combining multiple runs if they messed up. But if the game is modified or inconsistent then it ruins the whole purpose.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
12. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 21, 2014, 07:19 ViRGE

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 00:28:
nin wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 22:32:
There are cheap cash-ins, sure. But there's also titles/people who are doing what they're doing because they love it. And that's where you find the quality games.

And on the PC end even less so. It is still easy to find and wade through and get all the info you need before a buy. Perhaps mobile has more shite quality.
Mobile is definitely a lower degree of quality. The problem is that mobile ecosystem essentially forces everyone into producing free/cheap games and make their money on IAPs. There's no room for development of games where they're just a reasonable up-front purchase, because consumers have been taught to not pay for games.

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 20, 2014, 21:04 ViRGE

"The Lowest Possible Score In 'Super Mario Bros.'"

What kind of shenanigans is this? The 4-2 warp zone is not accessed via a pipe.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate PC Plans
3. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate PC Plans Feb 20, 2014, 11:56 ViRGE

Blackgate wasn't exactly well received on either the 3DS nor the Vita. So I'm surprised they're even doing this. I guess the costs are low enough that they wouldn't need to sell very many copies?  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 19, 2014, 22:16 ViRGE

Cutter wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 20:35:
x QFT....

First Snapchat now WhatsApp? I don't think the management at Facebook has a firm grasp on the value of money. They're like Dr. Evil trying to estimate how much is "a lot".

Lol! 16 billion for a messaging app. Wtf are they smokin' at Facebook?
Facebook isn't smoking anything. The smoking is being done by FB's investors, who think FB is worth so much in the first place.

For FB, this makes perfect sense. Buy out a competitor before they can decimate FB, at any cost.

9. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 19, 2014, 00:28 ViRGE

Cutter wrote on Feb 18, 2014, 19:59:
Pack-in? Is that a British expression? I've never heard it before in my life. It sounds weird...pack-in. Pack-in fudge? Pack-in over add-on, peripheral, et al? Anyway, it's always funny to see the disenfranchised MS fanboys realizing they got burned - but not as burned when it comes out the Spybox has been spying on them all along. Love the fanboy comments too! So desperately trying to rationalize it. Lol!
The phrase "pack in" is as old as consoles itself. It refers to any item included with the console besides the console itself.

Ex: KB Toys is selling a Super Nintendo bundle that includes Donkey Kong Country and a second controller as a pack-in.

News Comments > Valve on VAC and Trust
14. Re: Valve on VAC and Trust Feb 18, 2014, 23:33 ViRGE

jimnms wrote on Feb 18, 2014, 19:41:
People pay for cheats? Cheats have DRM? WTF is the world coming to? Wtf
Making MP cheats has become increasingly expensive. So instead of it being done by (evil) hobbyists, it has been taken up by professional hackers who are looking to get paid for their time.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Feb 18, 2014, 20:05 ViRGE

nin wrote on Feb 18, 2014, 19:11:
Here's a big thank you to Frans for his efforts, and to all of you for your patience and encouragement during the downtime.

Here here! Thanks, Frans!

Indeed. Cheers!

News Comments > Free Company of Heroes 2 DLC
1. Re: Free Company of Heroes 2 DLC Feb 18, 2014, 20:01 ViRGE

To get the DLC you'll need to go to the right page on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/260310/  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2014, 19:56 ViRGE

It's good to be back.  

News Comments > TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE DARK SPARK Announced
1. Re: TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE DARK SPARK Announced Feb 18, 2014, 19:23 ViRGE

Clearly this must be Waspinator's spark. That thing is immortal.  

News Comments > Rabbids Film Plans
7. Re: Rabbids Film Plans Feb 10, 2014, 17:20 ViRGE

Asmo wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 16:52:
I'm guessing someones trying to make them in to the new minions (Despicable Me) or similar, where the sidekicks are more popular than the main characters...
They already were the original Minions. The first Rabbids game came out before Despicable Me was written.

News Comments > Rabbids Film Plans
3. Re: Rabbids Film Plans Feb 10, 2014, 16:18 ViRGE

EvilGrouse wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 13:10:
My wife's head is gonna explode.
We both enjoy the Rabbids Invasion show.
Bwah.
It didn't seem like Rabbids Invasion was doing all that well ratings wise, but I guess I was mistaken.

I'm not sure how a whole Rabbids movie would work. It seems best suited to shorts.

News Comments > Steam Adds Discoverability Options
9. Re: Steam Adds Discoverability Options Feb 8, 2014, 00:35 ViRGE

descender wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 18:34:
Is your steam client downloading DLC you don't own for some reason?
Many MP games distribute DLC content to everyone so that everyone has the assets. Which reduces fragmentation, but sometimes means you're downloading gigs of content you never wanted.

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Winners
12. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 8, 2014, 00:11 ViRGE

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 11:33:
Primalchrome wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 11:00:
What exactly is a crock? The fact that Last of Us swept the awards or something more specific?

The Last of Us winning for "Most Innovative" is a start...

That's a great game but it's a zombie-themed action-adventure game, there's nothing innovative about it other than the fact an action game is well written.
This is just my $0.02, but I wouldn't even classify it as a great game. Rather it's a mediocre game melded to a well written story.

Everything about TLoU screams "this should be a movie." And not in the "they need to make a movie out of this sense", but rather the entire production and product was created as a movie rather than a game. Consequently the gameplay elements are severely lacking, I find. It's basically an interactive movie, though even that's a stretch since there's only a single ending (interactive fiction implies a branching structure).

I'm starting to wonder if we need to have different categories for games and what amounts to movies with gameplay elements. It seems like voters are always going to be wowed by the high production value and tight pacing of a movie, even though that's something of an antithesis to gaming. But that's just my opinion.

News Comments > Hawken Relaunching on Steam
17. Re: Hawken Relaunching on Steam Feb 6, 2014, 07:25 ViRGE

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 23:32:
fatguy wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 22:31:
What was pay to win about it? Like I said the starter mech everyone gets was one of the best.

Consumables that can only be bought with real money. Not the worst P2W stuff out there, but enough to rub people the wrong way. They add gameplay advantage on top of your normal mech ability loadout.
And now I'm disinterested again. Thank you.

News Comments > Standalone Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry this Month
3. Re: Standalone Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry this Month Feb 5, 2014, 22:55 ViRGE

Caladell wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 22:19:
Weird. Wonder how much this will be.
Taken from the Uplay page for the gold edition of ACIV: "This single-player adventure adds more than 3 hours of playing time to the total experience of Black Flag."

Seems odd to me that they release that as a standalone. Unless there's more to it than that.
I bet it'll be $15. The same price as Blood Dragon when it was released.

News Comments > Hawken Relaunching on Steam
5. Re: Hawken Relaunching on Steam Feb 5, 2014, 20:46 ViRGE

bhcompy wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 19:56:
Shataan wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 17:54:
Hawken is NOT a Mech game. It is a kiddie Quaker not unlike VirtuaOn.... that just happens to sport Mechlike skins.

It is a mech game. It's an arcade style mech FPS game, like VirtuaOn or Armored Core(actually very similar to Armored Core in concept). It's not a simulation style mech FPS game, like Ultra Bots, Mechwarrior, or Iron Soldier.
The F2P elements of Hawken have always driven me away. But if it's like VirtuaOn, I think I very much want to play it.

1381 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo