Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for None

Real Name None   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ViRGE
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 16, 2003, 17:42
Total Comments 1601 (Pro)
User ID 19707

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Expands Refund Policy
16. Re: Steam Expands Refund Policy Jun 2, 2015, 15:57 ViRGE

bhcompy wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 14:53:
LittleMe wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 14:51:
Nice! Two hours is fine for some games, not for others. I suspect if we disconnect from the Internet and play and those hours won't be counted.

You have to reconnect to the internet to do the refund and those hours are counted by the overlay.
Piece of cake. Just image the system with Acronis and restore it once you're done playing.

What will get you in the end is requesting so many refunds, since Valve has to process those. Otherwise for game time abuse, Valve doesn't have a perfect way to tell how long you've been playing a game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 2, 2015, 02:54 ViRGE

I wish the Starfighter team the best of luck. But it's not for me. They're chasing Star Citizen and Elite down the same PvP hole.

I'm still waiting for someone to set out and do a proper single player epic space sim. No PvP, no Newtonian physics. Just you, a bunch of bad guys, a slightly overpowered ship, and lots of lasers.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2015, 17:23 ViRGE

Fantaz wrote on May 30, 2015, 16:02:
no Tron 3 makes me sad... :(
Agreed. I was looking forward to that finally going into production.

News Comments > Borderlands Drop Rate Increases
7. Re: Borderlands Drop Rate Increases May 27, 2015, 11:59 ViRGE

NetHead wrote on May 27, 2015, 10:00:
Creston wrote on May 27, 2015, 09:42:
After analyzing thousands of hours of your gameplay and feedback survey data, we’ve decided to add a permanent 3x drop rate increase to both games!

Really? Two years after the damn game comes out, you decide to increase the damn drop rate? The millions of people TELLING you the drop rate was garbage didn't give that away?

I wouldn't be surprised if the drop rate was deliberately low due to that Golden Key crap they were pulling.

Also with all the random aspects of weapons you will probably not get a good version of a weapon you were hoping for by the time you've finished the game, unless you give yourself basically infinite Gold Keys and farm the chest every X levels.
At that point you're better off just editing your save file. Which I will give Gearbox credit for: the drop rate may suck, but at least they didn't go full-on MMO here and prevent you from cheating if you feel like it.

panbient wrote on May 27, 2015, 11:50:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 27, 2015, 10:41:
That's like Diablo 3 just randomly dropping legendaries on you after you entered a code. Where is the FUN in that?

Did anyone actually get legendaries by using golden keys? Best I ever saw were purples and only very rarely worth equipping.
Golden keys only go up to Purple. Legendaries you have to get the hard way.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup May 27, 2015, 02:36 ViRGE

Dangit, I quickly glanced at this section and saw "Dragon" and "Crown". I had my hopes up that it was a Dragon's Crown story.  

News Comments > Overwatch Trailer
7. Re: Overwatch Trailer May 22, 2015, 17:42 ViRGE

Jackplug wrote on May 22, 2015, 13:47:
Oh dear, a very sad version of TF2...
Well TF2 went off the rails when you could purchase weapons. If it's literally just cosmetics, then it may not go off the rails.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2015, 17:01 ViRGE

I must admit I never did car for Letterman. However I'm looking forward to seeing what the Real Colbert can do with the show.  

News Comments > Need for Speed Reboot This Autumn
10. Re: Need for Speed Reboot This Autumn May 21, 2015, 15:56 ViRGE

Kajetan wrote on May 21, 2015, 13:39:
How do you "reboot" a game series, which has no storyline, no narration, no "lore" and no tradition whatsoever? Everything you can do with arcade racing games has already been done with NfS over the years. What's there to reboot i wonder?
I was just wondering that myself. Other than being an arcade racing game, each installment varies from one to the next. Really the only valid claim here is that this is the first game not being held back by the last-gen consoles.
Alamar wrote on May 21, 2015, 14:34:
However... I like NFS games, because I prefer 'arcade' driving
Ditto. I appreciate the sim guys, but I too prefer the less realistic arcade style. Give me NFS3 HD any day of the week.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. May 20, 2015, 04:58 ViRGE

bigspender wrote on May 19, 2015, 20:18:
The only way Adam Sandler could contribute to saving the world would be if he stops making movies.
If only we were so lucky.

News Comments > More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy
22. Re: More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy May 19, 2015, 11:47 ViRGE

dubfanatic wrote on May 19, 2015, 11:35:
Oh good, the Reddit Bureau of Investigation is on the case. Because they've never been wrong before.
They may very well be. As far as I know, you typically don't use GPU PhysX for first-order physics such as the tire grip mentioned in the post. Rather you use it for second-order physics such as particles, hair, and other effects that don't require sending large amounts of data back to the CPU. Sending data back is very expensive and slow (latency).

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
6. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 16, 2015, 16:15 ViRGE

Redmask wrote on May 16, 2015, 15:27:
It's just a game and has nothing to do with the rest of the operating system. Might as well freak out at the inclusion of Solitaire. We've been testing Windows 10 at work and its perfectly fine, much better than Windows 8 in terms of accommodating all user devices with minimal compromise. The small resource footprint and requirements are great too, its a big improvement over Windows 7. Don't listen to the people who can't even bothered to load it up and just parrot whatever they hear on Slashdot.
It's not just a game. It's Microsoft including software from a company who engages in blatantly unethical, predatory practices. People don't spend money on Candy Crush because they want to, they spend money because the game is engineered down to the last bit to manipulate them into doing so.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 16, 2015, 16:13 ViRGE

From a content perspective, Splatoon looks incomplete. Nintendo seems to be rushing it out the door to get it out before E3. But what content is there looks good, and judging from the Global Testfire it plays well. So while it's rushed, it doesn't appear to be buggy, so Nintendo is at least doing that much right.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation May 13, 2015, 04:00 ViRGE

|RaptoR| wrote on May 12, 2015, 22:27:
That guitar hero live setlist blows
I'm not a music snob - I generally don't even care for rock - but even I have to admit that's a really weak list for a game about rock & roll.

News Comments > GOG.com Additions
8. Re: GOG.com Additions May 12, 2015, 02:49 ViRGE

Generally I'm happy for DRM-free games. But for SR3, I'm just having a hard time imaging it without Steamworks. That was not a game that made trivial use of Steam, especially for MP.  

News Comments > More Fallout 4 Speculation
17. Re: More Fallout 4 Speculation May 11, 2015, 15:46 ViRGE

Cutter wrote on May 11, 2015, 09:37:
I'm just really tired of being treated like a second banana by Bethsoft. Stop being so fucking cheap you bastards and build a proper and good PC UI. Jesus, we built your fucking company!
Because we're not the ones that sustain it in 2015.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization May 11, 2015, 15:37 ViRGE

Is Final Fantasy Type-0 HD coming to PS Vita?
As a Vita owner, I can safely say the answer to any "is good game X coming to Vita" question is no. Sony is kind enough to continue supporting the Vita and backing indie releases so that it's not entirely dead, but AAA devs are no longer bothering with it.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Voice Cast
5. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Voice Cast May 7, 2015, 22:35 ViRGE

bigspender wrote on May 7, 2015, 21:27:
Kevin Conroy is batman!
Indeed. Conroy and Strong are the VAs you expect to return; they're playing their characters. I think Cutter was complaining about the silliness of hiring A-list screen actors to voice the other characters.

News Comments > Star Trek on GOG.com
16. Re: Star Trek on GOG.com May 7, 2015, 14:43 ViRGE

Flatline wrote on May 7, 2015, 14:28:
ViRGE wrote on May 7, 2015, 13:28:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 7, 2015, 13:24:
Needs: Bridge Commander and Klingon Academy. I enjoyed KA way, way, way more than BC.
Agreed. If you're going to release a Star Trek collection I guess you need to include Starfleet Academy, but it wasn't a very good game (the phasers weren't even phasers!). Klingon Academy was vastly superior as far as gameplay goes.

On the other hand, I'm glad they've included 25th and Judgement to start things off. Those are some excellent games all-around.

Klingon Academy was a Taldren game if memory serves. At least, they used all the models from Starfleet Command.

God that brings back memories. I know most people didn't like it (it was basically Starfleet Battles board game on the computer) but I played the F*CK out of SFC2. Too bad the multiverse/multiplayer mode never panned out for Taldren.

Edit: KA was a 14 degrees east production, which I guess was a precursor to Taldren
Taldren was a European company, IIRC. 14DE was an internal Interplay studio.

Parias wrote on May 7, 2015, 14:40:

Nah, Klingon Academy was an Interplay / 14 Degrees East endeavour AFAIK - Taldren wasn't involved. I don't think they could just bring over the SFC models either because they needed ships that were a lot more detailed for the "ginsu" model the game had -- the functionality that let ships dynamically break up into different chunks and pieces based on damage received.
Ahh Ginsu. There's nothing like blowing a hole in the Enterprise.

Though I do love some of the bugs in KA. The original version had an issue where the Assault Phaser would gradually take up more and more power as you fired it. I once kited the Fed BS in a Bird of Prey until it broke itself firing the AP at me, and then was able to (slowly) take the BS down.

10. Re: Star Trek on GOG.com May 7, 2015, 13:46 ViRGE

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 7, 2015, 13:33:
ViRGE wrote on May 7, 2015, 13:28:
Klingon Academy was vastly superior as far as gameplay goes.

On the other hand, I'm glad they've included 25th and Judgement to start things off. Those are some excellent games all-around.

Sadly I'm at the point where I think no one knows who owns the rights to KA. I'm just glad I've got a CD copy of the game and it still works so when I get the itch I can play it.
I'm pretty sure Interplay owns the rights, just like Starfleet Academy. It was all done by the same developer for the same publisher, so I don't see why the rights would be any different.

7. Re: Star Trek on GOG.com May 7, 2015, 13:28 ViRGE

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 7, 2015, 13:24:
Needs: Bridge Commander and Klingon Academy. I enjoyed KA way, way, way more than BC.
Agreed. If you're going to release a Star Trek collection I guess you need to include Starfleet Academy, but it wasn't a very good game (the phasers weren't even phasers!). Klingon Academy was vastly superior as far as gameplay goes.

1601 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo