Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for None

Real Name None   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ViRGE
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 16, 2003, 17:42
Total Comments 1439 (Pro)
User ID 19707

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Dec 20, 2014, 00:03 ViRGE

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 21:12:
That isn't bad, but I would have been more impressed if she just slapped them all off the table, and said: "that's what you fuckers get for playing Jenga!"
Aww, but Jenga is fun. In fact I'm a bit envious that she was able to pull that off.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard Exploring Gold for WoW Playtime Exchanges
5. Re: Blizzard Exploring Gold for WoW Playtime Exchanges Dec 19, 2014, 00:01 ViRGE

CCP has to be amused with that one. Since they basically pioneered that system with the PLEX.  

News Comments > Notch Buys $70M Beverly Hills Mansion
6. Re: Notch Buys $70M Beverly Hills Mansion Dec 18, 2014, 19:57 ViRGE

Cutter wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 19:45:
15 bathrooms? Why? Those are nice turlets though. I'd get an aquarium turlet built if I had stupid money like that.
15 bathrooms is for hosting events. For living quarters you don't need that many, but when you expect to have many people over for a party you do.

I'm a bit surprised that Notch is moving out of Sweden though.

News Comments > bitComposer Insolvent
1. Re: bitComposer Insolvent Dec 16, 2014, 17:52 ViRGE

Someone please refresh my memory. What games are these guys responsible for?  

News Comments > FreeSpace Miniatures Kickstarter Gauges Interest in PC Game
21. Re: FreeSpace Miniatures Kickstarter Gauges Interest in PC Game Dec 13, 2014, 06:18 ViRGE

For the subject at hand, investing into a miniature game only makes sense if all you want a miniature game; investing in it for any other reason is dumb. Interplay doesn't have the money nor expertise to properly develop a space sim in 2014.

Orogogus wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 17:33:
It seems like it would be easier to just invent a new universe. What in the Freespace IP is so valuable that you'd want to carry it over into a new genre instead of making up something new?
The story of the Shivans, for a start. Where did they go? Where did they come from? What did they do with Admiral Bosch and the knowledge he contained?

Meanwhile what has happened to Earth since it was cut off 32 years ago? How does the GTVA used their recovered jump node stabilization technology? And how does that help them defeat an enemy seemingly impossible in size?

Creston wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 22:03:
dsmart wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 21:57:
So, I hear some of you are kicking yourselves for bitching at me when I said I wanted to make FS3 few years back?

Heh. The thing isn't, Derek, that we don't want FS3 to be made. It's that there's little trust that you would do it justice. You've made interesting games, to be sure, and I'll leave aside the whole broohaha about how broken they are that always follows them, but they also tend to be a bit of a "all that and the kitchen sink too!" variety. Kinda like SC, really.

FS, as you well know, is nothing like that. It's about the pure, smooth-as-silk art of dogfighting in space, and the sheer mind-blowing awe you feel when you first see just how fucking BIG those enemy cap ships are. Without it, it wouldn't be FS. And people just don't think you can deliver on that.
All of that is very well said, Creston. You hit the nail on the head.

Derek, you're a firecracker, but enthusiasm is not a replacement for buckling down working with a greatly limited scope to put together a similarly limited masterpiece.

This comment was edited on Dec 13, 2014, 06:25.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Auction Resumes
11. Re: Steam Holiday Auction Resumes Dec 13, 2014, 01:55 ViRGE

Creston wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 22:08:
This auction thing is just such a weird fucking extra step. I think Valve is just going "Let's see what other stupid thing we can get people to participate in."
Valve's suffering from a pretty gnarly addiction to microtransactions right now. The holiday auction is a good example of this; while on the surface it's about letting people do something with worthless Steam items and trading cards, really it's a very complex system designed to get people spending money while obfuscating the relationship between the games and the money. Valve isn't giving away 200K games for free so much as they're counting on people injecting more than the value of those 200K games into the Steam wallet system.

In other words the whole thing is an intentional money sink, if not approaching gambling proper. Plan on giving out less than what you take in.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Auction Resumes
4. Re: Steam Holiday Auction Resumes Dec 12, 2014, 20:17 ViRGE

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 19:36:

//hahahah the conversion rate is so broken! Something worth 30,000 gems used to be worth 30 cents. Now that same 30,000 gems is in the market of 45 dollars! Games that you can buy for 3-10 dollars are being auctioned off for 40+ bucks! WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!? There is still an exploit somewhere......
That's not broken. That's intentional.

News Comments > Saints Row IV: Gat out of Hell Trailer
2. Re: Saints Row IV: Gat out of Hell Trailer Dec 12, 2014, 04:51 ViRGE

Daniel Dae Kim can't sing worth a damn, but he makes a great Johnny Gat.  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - The Talos Principle
2. Re: Steamship Ahoy - The Talos Principle Dec 12, 2014, 04:30 ViRGE

Very interesting. 87% on Metacritic; that's Croteam's highest rated game out of all of them. It's nice to see a puzzle game doing so well, and for Croteam to get some well-earned recognition.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Auction Underway; Holiday Sale Next Week
16. Re: Steam Holiday Auction  Underway; Holiday Sale Next Week Dec 12, 2014, 04:26 ViRGE

Krovven wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 22:23:
Sometimes it really makes me wonder what kind of idiots design this stuff.
In true Valve style, only the finest idiots.

News Comments > Flight Simulator X Lands on Steam Next Week
12. Re: Flight Simulator X Lands on Steam Next Week Dec 10, 2014, 16:52 ViRGE

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 09:39:
InBlack wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 09:29:
Not for me, but if you are a commercial plane fan/virtual pilot, there isnt anything else. With all sorts of nice flashy (payware) addons and mods it looks nice too.

I still prefer to launch live ordnance against other aeroplanes, (and I also dig the much better flight models) so Im sticking to DCS for now

FSX is decent.. yes.. I meant a Microsoft Studios game on Steam.. that is world ending Hell haz frozen over!
Microsoft Flight was already on Steam. This isn't quite as remarkable as it sounds.

News Comments > Quantum Rush Online Ending; Will Merge with Quantum Rush: Champions
1. Re: Quantum Rush Online Ending; Will Merge with Quantum Rush: Champions Dec 9, 2014, 19:30 ViRGE

How did I miss this? I'm a sucker for Wipeout-style games. This looks great.  

News Comments > Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris & Soundtrack Released
4. Re: Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris & Soundtrack Released Dec 9, 2014, 03:34 ViRGE

vacs wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 21:54:
Normally I would have bought this one straight away, but presently I'm boycotting all Square Enix games because they though it would be a great idea to make the other Tomb Raider game a Xbone exclusive..
You should really take that up with Microsoft. They offered SE more money than a multiplatform release would have netted them. You can't exactly fault someone for acting in their own self-interest.

News Comments > Borderlands Online Announced for China
6. Re: Borderlands Online Announced for China Dec 8, 2014, 19:25 ViRGE

Beamer wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 12:26:
Gadzooks wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 12:21:
And all hope is lost....

/facepalm

I hope one of the aliens from colonial marines has one of their spasm dances on the beds of the people who made this decision. They dont deserve any sleep after this.

You know nothing about the Chinese game market, eh?

Plus, this is a licensed game. Shanda bought a license to Borderlands and is making a China Mainland specific f2p MMO.
Seems all positive for Gearbox. It doesn't damage the IP in their core region any more than the Counterstrike Arcade Game did, and it gives them an additional revenue stream.
Indeed. It's an awful concept, but it makes perfect sense for the Chinese market.

News Comments > Game Awards 2014 Winners
15. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 6, 2014, 21:25 ViRGE

Redmask wrote on Dec 6, 2014, 21:02:
http://thegameawards.com/jury-and-advisors/

Scroll down to advisors.

Tells you everything you need to know about this bullshit.
It's one giant advertisement for the video game industry. Don't ever think otherwise.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Dec 4, 2014, 19:46 ViRGE

How do you do something more over the top than Saints Row 4? Clearly Volition has found a way.  

News Comments > Total War Battles: KINGDOM Announced
1. Re: Total War Battles: KINGDOM Announced Dec 3, 2014, 19:28 ViRGE

Boo!  

News Comments > London-based Assassin's Creed: Victory Next Year
9. Re: London-based Assassin's Creed: Victory Next Year Dec 2, 2014, 21:50 ViRGE

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 20:54:
Strange how Activision gets accused of milking Call of Duty with one yearly release, and yet UbiSoft can release two Assassin's Creed games on the same day and hardly anyone seems to care.
Mostly because they're for different platforms. Unity wouldn't have worked on the last-gen consoles, and Rogue wouldn't have put the current-gen consoles to good use. It's hard to fault Ubisoft on that one.

News Comments > Steam Broadcasting Beta
8. Re: Steam Broadcasting Beta Dec 2, 2014, 20:36 ViRGE

Overon wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 17:49:
Does it hurt fps? Bandwidth? How badly? How does it stack up to twitch?
As a non-Twitch user, what's wrong with Twitch exactly?

News Comments > London-based Assassin's Creed: Victory Next Year
2. Re: London-based Assassin's Creed: Victory Next Year Dec 2, 2014, 20:17 ViRGE

Please stop.  

1439 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo