Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for None

Real Name None   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ViRGE
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 16, 2003, 17:42
Total Comments 1726 (Pro)
User ID 19707

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline: Betrayal Next Month
3. Re: Battlefield Hardline: Betrayal Next Month Feb 12, 2016, 01:14 ViRGE

rudra wrote on Feb 11, 2016, 20:35:
Currently online players (Total: 20,388):

PC
Peak 24h

yeh thats not the best
I'm genuinely surprised they're still bothering with those numbers. It's almost worthy of a kudos.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Unravel Rolls Out
1. Re: Unravel Rolls Out Feb 10, 2016, 03:27 ViRGE

81 on Metacritic, so it's faring decently with the critics.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/unravel

News Comments > Street Fighter V Trailer
2. Re: Street Fighter V Trailer Feb 9, 2016, 02:49 ViRGE

Uh, was that a Sega Nomad that got chucked at one of the fighters at 1:31?  

News Comments > Project Legion Dead; DUST 514-Inspired PC Shooter Planned
2. Re: Project Legion Dead; DUST 514-Inspired PC Shooter Planned Feb 8, 2016, 20:48 ViRGE

It was bound to happen. Valkyrie proved to be much more popular than CCP initially expected, and it would have been foolish for CCP not to pursue that first. Now they have a pack-in agreement with Oculus, where the Rift pre-order list is up to 4 months long. (And even Gunjack has done well, despite its simplicity)  

News Comments > Mirror’s Edge Catalyst Closed Beta Signups
17. Re: Mirror’s Edge Catalyst Closed Beta Signups Feb 5, 2016, 04:34 ViRGE

The Frostbite engine does a wonderful job as far as graphics are concerned. However looking at this trailer, I can't help but think of the Battlefield single-player modes, and that is not a good memory.  

News Comments > Battalion 1944 Announced
17. Re: Battalion 1944 Announced Feb 3, 2016, 02:03 ViRGE

canuck wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 20:16:
No offence, but that's a pretty dumb reason. Just because something sounds similar doesn't mean that it is. And if your brain happens to go there, within the first minute of the video they make it perfectly clear that they are going for an infantry game, similar to the early call of duty's.
None taken. That's just where my brain went right away based on the name alone.

News Comments > American Truck Simulator Rolls Out
9. Re: American Truck Simulator Rolls Out Feb 3, 2016, 01:50 ViRGE

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 01:24:
What kind of scale would you guys want? If it takes 4 1/2 hours to really drive that distance, do you want it to take an hour in-game? Just curious.
I'd argue not.

News Comments > Need for Speed Most Wanted Free on Origin
9. Re: Need for Speed Most Wanted Free on Origin Feb 3, 2016, 01:26 ViRGE

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 20:46:
Is this game worth a damn for free? Or should i not waste my time?...just wondered....
78 on Metacritic. It's not a fantastic game, but it's nothing to turn your nose up at for free.

News Comments > Battalion 1944 Announced
12. Re: Battalion 1944 Announced Feb 2, 2016, 18:07 ViRGE

canuck wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 17:06:
Why is it that everyone is comparing it to battlefield?
Battalion 1944 ~= Battlefield 1942. Same number of syllables, similar structure in the name, many of the same sounds, etc. It's what you'd call a game if you wanted to call it BF1942 without actually calling it BF1942.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
10. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 1, 2016, 22:46 ViRGE

Creston wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 20:22:
Something doesn't add up there. They blow all the money, but HE is not allowed to talk about anything or HE will get sued, and HE is offering refunds (from what money?)

Seems fishy all around.
The rest of it has already been explained. But I too wonder about where the money for refunds would be coming from. If the money was spent (and is in the hands of the LLC), how do you fund the refunds?

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
2. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jan 31, 2016, 17:33 ViRGE

Even though it's unfortunate no one else supports Do Not Track on iOS, it's all a bit naval gazing. Sadly, no advertiser actually honors it, which is why browsers have been pulling support. So although it's cool Apple includes it, it's not really doing anyone any good.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month
24. Re: Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month Jan 30, 2016, 18:43 ViRGE

wtf_man wrote on Jan 30, 2016, 13:04:
Squadron 42 is all I wanted in the first place. My early pledge better get me that instead of the fucking MMO.
Ditto. Cut it into fine pieces, attach a ribbon to it. At this point I don't really care as long as they get it done.

Lothar King Elves wrote on Jan 30, 2016, 17:00:
Bluesnews,

Wouldn't be so hard to include a simple phrase and/or quote, to the your original post saying that all existing backers will get BOTH.
That would require the source to say that. RSI doesn't even make that point clear.

News Comments >
4. Re: Battalion 1944 Announced Jan 29, 2016, 23:57 ViRGE

I don't know. By the name you'd think it would be a newer take on BF1942. However in the brief glimpses of gameplay we see, it seems more like Call of Duty, or BF4 with a WW2 theme. I'm not seeing much in the way of gameplay elements that are really 1942-y.

Which makes sense if the devs are referencing MoH and CoD2. But then it puts the name at odds with the gameplay.

News Comments > Hard Reset Redux Announced
3. Re: Hard Reset Redux Announced Jan 27, 2016, 23:28 ViRGE

LittleMe wrote on Jan 27, 2016, 19:19:
I did feel the graphics were lackluster even back then.
I've always felt the opposite. It seemed very well done, especially given their moderate budget.

News Comments > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan Announced
15. Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan Announced Jan 27, 2016, 04:07 ViRGE

What the heck? Why would you release a trailer for a cell-shaded game running at 24fps?  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade is a Shooter
4. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade is a Shooter Jan 27, 2016, 04:03 ViRGE

I worry that this means the game will be half-baked. Mid-stream changes like this rarely turn out well.  

News Comments > Star Wars: Imperial Commando Rumor
9. Re: Star Wars: Imperial Commando Rumor Jan 26, 2016, 05:06 ViRGE

yuastnav wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 04:40:
I hope so. Republic Commando was really good.
Ditto. This is probably a rubbish rumor, but it would be nice...

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
7. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 15, 2016, 00:25 ViRGE

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 00:06:
I'm Canadian, but I've worked a lot around Fort Collins, Colorado and some of North Dakota. I can tell you that the roads get bad.

For example:

Shall i take pictures of my roadway, in the middle of calgary, which is so badly snowed in that my car scrapes trying to pull out of a parking spot? That I had to shovel my car out the other day?

Last I checked, 1.2 million people is a pretty decent sized city.

Like how Self Driving cars would navigate this

That 2010 snowstorm that hit QE2 (Highway 2 between Edmonton and Calgary), I was driving back from Edmonton and got caught in that. Pulled over into the ditch in my truck behind an overpass near Innisfail and I went to sleep. Woke up a few hours later to an RCMP knocking on my window asking if I was alright, turns out just down the road a MASSIVE pile up happened that I got off the road at the right time. 54 car pile up

Basically, I'm interested in the technology and want to see how it does when it isn't on the Arizona and California highways which are nice and solid with lots of traction.
Most likely it will use a combination of non-visual sensors to navigate, and see better than humans in the process. White out conditions are rubbish for the visible spectrum, but LIDAR and other instruments can see better. There's still a lot of work to get there, but at the end of the day cars don't have to play by the same rule book as humans.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
6. Re: Saturday Previews Jan 10, 2016, 06:25 ViRGE

clint wrote on Jan 10, 2016, 02:29:
i ve seen a few reviews on this hands on session for journalists and they all describe the same as if they are being fed the marketing lines.
They're all being run through the same carefully crafted section of the game with producers to point out things of note. It's hard not to sound the same when you have a fixed amount of material to work with.

News Comments > Steam Subscriber Agreement Updated
13. Re: Steam Subscriber Agreement Updated Jan 3, 2016, 20:21 ViRGE

Cutter wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 22:34:
You're missing the point. If I'm using a service that I don't have a problem with - at that time, that's one thing. Then a few years down the road they decide to implement some draconian policies I don't agree with, I feel I shouldn't be beholden to that. They should either not be permitted to do that, or have to offer to refund me my monies, preferably the former. Where are my rights as a consumer in that?
"Those who simply want to keep playing their games and are not making a purchase at this time are free to simply ignore the SSA update for now. It only takes effect for users who explicitly confirm it, usually during a new purchase. "

1726 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo