Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for rocketpcguy

Real Name rocketpcguy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname rocketpcguy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 12, 2003, 11:04
Total Comments 347 (Amateur)
User ID 19673

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2010, 15:46 rocketpcguy

i got a huge super wide monitor (26"), and its very difficult to glance at the author's name while reading the post. its like watching a tennis match. its tempting to stop reading the names, but i miss knowing if blue/ant/nin/bat/seph/etc wrote the post. most forums have the name on the left.
i miss my older monitor when browse this site.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
234. Re: Op Ed Feb 16, 2010, 11:50 rocketpcguy

the situation is a bit like Wowbagger, Sepharo and Amillennialist in a murder scene. There is a bloody knife with fingerprints of a known mass murderer, shoeprints of the shoe that the murderer is is known to wear, and bits of possible DNA evidence. Wowbagger and Sepharo are convinced that, although they can't be 100% sure, it's likely that it's that mass murderer. Amillennialist argues that they aren't 100% sure, and it's impossible to observe the incident, and no one can observe it, ever. But there is a story written by a man in his book who claims a woman who sinned by lying in the phone will result in a supernatural being going through the walls and killing the person, and carrying the soul upwards to be judged. Amillennialist says this story has to be true for sure because the other stuff the man wrote sounds plausible.

Also, Amillennialist, you say "we observe Life arise only from Life and Life's programs", then I am asking you again, who created the complexity that is the christian God?
You are not necessarily wrong to question the scientific facts, but if you do so then you must think Christianity is garbage. You'd have to be at most a deist, but instead you believe every word this bible tells you, contradicting everything that you say about needing observable evidence and just making you look foolish.

News Comments > Op Ed
233. Re: Op Ed Feb 16, 2010, 11:41 rocketpcguy

Amillennialist: i think all bibles may be different if you think my interpretation doesn't match the bible. Otherwise please explain why my interpretation which you quoted as wrong is incorrect:

a nice garden
"Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed. And the LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food."

a talking snake which god invented
"Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman"

encouraged her to eat
""You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman. "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

She convinces adam to eat
"She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it"

God . . .getting suspicious
"Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden. But the LORD God called to the man, "Where are you?" 0 He answered, "I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid." And he said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?""

God gets pissed
"So the LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, "Cursed are you above all the livestock and all the wild animals!
And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel." "

God punishes . . . all females (even those who never heard of this incident?) with the pain of childbirth and other things
To the woman he said,
"I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children."

and cursed adam (or just the ground?) too
"To Adam he said, "Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree about which I commanded you, 'You must not eat of it,' "Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat of it all the days of your life."

so, please explain where I got it wrong.

News Comments > Op Ed
228. Re: Op Ed Feb 13, 2010, 08:09 rocketpcguy

is a moronic mocking and distortion of Genesis, a text written by someone a whole lot more credible than you.

distortion? tell me what I distorted, i'll quote the bible translation here:

The LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed.
The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."
But for Adam no suitable helper was found. So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh. Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.
Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"
When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.
Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden. But the LORD God called to the man, "Where are you?"
He answered, "I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid."
And he said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?"
To the woman he said, "I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you."

To Adam he said, "Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree about which I commanded you, 'You must not eat of it,' "Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat of it all the days of your life.
So the LORD God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+3&version=NIV

this was my original quote, which part doesn't match the bible?
created the first man, adam, from dust from the ground. He noticed that Adam was lonely, so made adam sleepy, took his rib and made a woman called Eve. He put them in a nice garden, but warned them to not eat anything of a tree. But then a talking snake which god invented came up to Eve and encouraged her to eat from it. She convinces adam to eat from it too. God asks him if he ate the fruit after getting suspicious about adam getting embarrassed about being naked. God gets pissed, and kicks them out, and has a angel with a flaming sword guard the tree. God punishes Eve and all females (even those who never heard of this incident?) with the pain of childbirth and other things, and cursed adam (or just the ground?) too.

This comment was edited on Feb 15, 2010, 00:39.

News Comments > Op Ed
211. Re: Op Ed Feb 11, 2010, 05:07 rocketpcguy

although english is not my first language, i read on it myself. so we did not evolve through billions of years of natural selection, and what actually happened was that a perfect God, who appeared out of nowhere, created the first man, adam, from dust from the ground. He noticed that Adam was lonely, so made adam sleepy, took his rib and made a woman called Eve. He put them in a nice garden, but warned them to not eat anything of a tree. But then a talking snake which god invented came up to Eve and encouraged her to eat from it. She convinces adam to eat from it too. God asks him if he ate the fruit after getting suspicious about adam getting embarrassed about being naked. God gets pissed, and kicks them out, and has a angel with a flaming sword guard the tree. God punishes Eve and all females (even those who never heard of this incident?) with the pain of childbirth and other things, and cursed adam (or just the ground?) too.
I got this from the Genesis, so it has to be true, right?

News Comments > Op Ed
208. Re: Op Ed Feb 10, 2010, 01:06 rocketpcguy

okay Amillennialist, you raise interesting points, so can you forget about everyone against you in this thread and tell me in detail how you think humans ended up in earth? were humans anywhere else before earth?  

17. Re: Motorola Droid Feb 7, 2010, 09:31 rocketpcguy

thanks Sepharo! i'll have a final test run in a shop and will probably get it. as long as it renders bluesnews good i'm happy, i don't need flash and all that
the milestone version of droid here has the advantage of multitouch for pinch zoom in the installed rom, btw.

3. Motorola Droid Feb 6, 2010, 15:34 rocketpcguy

i was thinking about buying the motorola droid (actually the milestone, as it is known in Europe). i know that some people here like it (at least sepharo & bucky), but anyone know about the call quality? they say the quality sounds good from the droid, but the other end hears echoed, distant or garbled voice:
https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/16215?start=0&tstart=0

did you guys face this problem?

(also, anyone here have comments on the nokia n900?)

This comment was edited on Feb 6, 2010, 15:35.

News Comments > Op Ed
196. Re: Op Ed Feb 5, 2010, 07:43 rocketpcguy

We observe Life arise only from Life and Life's programs.

We observe Life reproduce only after its own kinds.

We observe program arise only from programmers or their programs.

We observe that the living cell is a Von-Neumann-type, metabolic machine.

We observe that machines arise only from designers/engineers.

(this is from my biology lecturer, i cannot take credit:)

So things can only exist if a designer created them? Then who created God?

If you find it so hard to believe that a simple single celled organism could have come up by chance in billions of years in one of the billons of trillions of star systems ( http://byokan.net/images/2009/ucyu/spaceb.jpg ) , then why do you not hesitate in believing that a infinitely great and somehow good and literate being just came out of nowhere without being born or created?

Intelligent creatures evolving out simpler creatures in billions of years is a more likely explanation of the current system of life than one intelligent creature created by chance spontaneously, even without taking paleontological and DNA evidence into account.

This comment was edited on Feb 6, 2010, 01:32.

News Comments > Op Ed
39. Re: Op Ed Dec 28, 2009, 06:02 rocketpcguy

Amillennialist: you are not a christian. Christians need to follow the bible, and i don't see you killing and stoning people to death. I guess if you were a real christian, you wouldn't be too different from Mohammad followers.

Leviticus 20:9
If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death.
20:10 If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.

20:13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death.
Deuteronomy 22:20-1 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done a disgraceful thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house.

Exodus 35:2
For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.

Deuteronomy 7:1-2 When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations . . . then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy.

Ephesians 5:22-24 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

Exodus 21:20-21 If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.

1 Peter 2:18 Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 19, 2009, 06:51 rocketpcguy

yeah, flash causes my cpu usage to go to 50%-100%, but only in firefox.  

26. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2009, 03:30 rocketpcguy

i don't like amazon's attitude with the kindle. the DRM is so deep, and ended up with problems like:
http://www.geardiary.com/2009/06/19/kindles-drm-rears-its-ugly-head-and-it-is-ugly/
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/18/technology/companies/18amazon.html

what's the point of such control, when the kindle books are pirated & converted everyday on warez sites? it's only hurting people who spend money to rent these books, not the ones who get the whole thing for free.

17. Applez Dec 2, 2009, 09:00 rocketpcguy

i wonder if people would complain if the Applez game had a girl character instead.  

7. LHC Nov 23, 2009, 03:33 rocketpcguy

those LHC experiment webcams are great.  

2. Google trends on bluesnews Nov 14, 2009, 14:42 rocketpcguy

what do you guys make out of this graph?
http://www.google.com/trends?q=bluesnews%2C+evil+baby&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

what's up with the searches in Boras, Sweden? and norway?

9. Re: 8-Bit Wedding Invitation. Nov 9, 2009, 14:48 rocketpcguy

Their marriage is going to end in divorce in about a year.

they'll make sure its 255 days.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2009, 04:09 rocketpcguy

Droid as in Motorola Droid or one of the many android phones?

anyone here has/tried the palm pre?

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Dragon Age: Origins Nov 3, 2009, 12:37 rocketpcguy

is Dragon Age: Origins that good? did anyone play it?  

26. Flood Fill. Nov 2, 2009, 09:24 rocketpcguy

yeah, leaving the UGO ads was good, any low bandwidth replacement would do.

BTW: anyone know of any instrumental music, free or otherwise, that's like the one running the flood fill game?

News Comments > Metaverse
2. Re: Metaverse Nov 2, 2009, 07:17 rocketpcguy

got a problem with a blog post? don't skip the post/stop going there, just write a nasty comment like the typical passive nerd you are.  

347 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo