Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for rocketpcguy

Real Name rocketpcguy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname rocketpcguy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 12, 2003, 11:04
Total Comments 356 (Amateur)
User ID 19673

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Oct 12, 2012, 12:40 rocketpcguy

That FIFA 13 review was actually a review of other indie random games.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2012, 01:36 rocketpcguy

i keep hearing people saying that caffeine is addictive so thats why they are trying to get rid of it; but is there really any ill effects with caffeine directly (not sugar) outside addiction? never mind what happens if you dont have coffee after being addicted, whats really wrong with a mug a day?

(btw: Hoop's lessened knee & elbow pain almost certainly had nothing to do with the caffeine cut; it would have gone away even if he had tea/coffee; 6 months is enough time for these sort of things to heal itself).

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 27, 2012, 04:17 rocketpcguy

yeah, i use linux on my work laptop/desktop also, and windows for gaming; its a fine OS and does things well; using linux mint for many years now.  

Hardware > Headphones
11. No subject Mar 14, 2012, 05:42 rocketpcguy

thanks for the information Verno & Bucky, and my apologies to Sepharo

the reviews for the Sennheiser HD595 seem very good, but it seems discontinued in favour of the HD598 which is even slightly better. the ATH-AD700 seems great too; but the impression I got from reviews was that the hd59x had better bass. i think i might go for the hd598.

the Antlion Modmic is important too; I am using a yum cha desk microphone and it does get quite in the way and has below average quality.

however, i am not sure about the sound card and whether it'd be worth it. i can definitely hear a vast difference between my onboard chipset & my creative live 5.1!, but wondering if getting a pricier card would make too much of a difference. i have a dual boot too; so linux compatibility is an extra complication.

Hardware > Headphones
4. Re: Headphones Mar 13, 2012, 01:17 rocketpcguy

i just discovered this "closed headphone" vs "open headphone" thing. i am reading that open headphones have better "soundstage" than closed ones (leaking sound is not a problem), but the bass is potentially less? did you notice less powerful bass in your HD-555 compared to HD-280? i am not expecting earth shattering bass, but i wouldn't want it less than my existing headphones.

i had my audio technica headphones since 2006; since I am very careful at handling my headpones and never move them away from my table. so i am thinking of splurging on the Sennheiser HD598 since it looks like it might last for quite some time, what do you think?

Hardware > Headphones
1. Headphones Mar 12, 2012, 13:42 rocketpcguy

i need to get some good headphones; both for gaming & general purpose use. it seems most audio-heads recommend i stay away from "gaming" headphones as the price is high for medium quality; but i wanted opinions here.

(i currently have a fairly cheap Audio-Technica ATH M20 and an external mic)

any recommendations? what do you guys use? i can go as high as $200.

also, i currently have a creative live 5.1! pci card; some people say i should upgrade my sound card too; but others say the difference is mostly the placebo effect and the cost is better off spend on better headphones. any thoughts?

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: PS Vita Feb 15, 2012, 14:49 rocketpcguy

yeah, i was about to skip the review of the ps vita by a site called ps vita until i hover the link and saw it was hardware heaven  

2. Re: their goals in this field – the P90X Nov 26, 2011, 01:19 rocketpcguy

Blue, you should ban sbttop; all his posts are ads/SEO hacks.

News Comments > DOOM III Source Code Released
11. Re: DOOM III Source Code Released Nov 23, 2011, 10:22 rocketpcguy

"It didn't look THAT stellar"? this video is of the doom 3 alpha leaked in 2002, what other games in 2002 looked half as good?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4583FXCYOEQ

2. Re: Game Reviews Nov 19, 2011, 03:47 rocketpcguy

it feels like the first Skyrim review on bluesnews; i was just yesterday wondering why there were no skyrim reviews posted.

i haven't played the elder scrolls 4: oblivion. is it worth playing that first, or is it so similar that its best to jump to skyrim?

2. Re: Who's my boy? Nov 18, 2011, 14:53 rocketpcguy

it's good, but you should add your own screenshots. and maybe rename it to "battlefield 3 multiplayer review"

1. Seagate Barracuda 3TB Review; A 1TB Hard Drive Nov 1, 2011, 15:19 rocketpcguy

when you put "Seagate Barracuda 3TB Review; A 1TB Hard Drive"; i thought they started making disks like tapes and give hardware compression to make the claim that 1TB = 3TB.
it's actually 1TB / Platter.

1. Re: Hardware Reviews Oct 31, 2011, 12:48 rocketpcguy

he still has to take out the device from the toilet after peeing on it.

News Comments > New UDK Beta
1. Re: New UDK Beta Oct 29, 2011, 07:23 rocketpcguy

UT3 is lots of fun (esp. warfare); looks great and scales well on different hardware. how come very few play it?  

1. GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 2 Sep 19, 2011, 15:13 rocketpcguy

Blue, GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 2 is not a headset, it's a motherboard.  

News Comments > EA on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Issues and Refunds
4. Re: EA on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Issues and Refunds Sep 15, 2011, 12:08 rocketpcguy

*everyone looking down* fine I'LL tell blue. "trcently released" -> "recently released".  

News Comments > PC LIMBO Plans
3. Re: PC LIMBO Plans Jul 2, 2011, 01:34 rocketpcguy

let me assure anyone that was confused that this has nothing to do with the content-stealing game Limbo of the Lost:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/destiny-trailer-limbo-of-the/34863

News Comments > Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Monday
1. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Monday Jun 22, 2011, 15:20 rocketpcguy

where are those screenshots that they used to have of the new DX11 stuff?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. VirtualBox Jun 15, 2011, 15:47 rocketpcguy

it's virtualbox 4.0.8  

356 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo