Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for rocketpcguy

Real Name rocketpcguy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname rocketpcguy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 12, 2003, 11:04
Total Comments 342 (Amateur)
User ID 19673

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Free Weekend
2. Re: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Free Weekend Dec 6, 2013, 00:39 rocketpcguy

the trailer makes it look like the entire game was made by a single guy who learned 3D programming a few years ago.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NeonXSZ Demo
2. Re: NeonXSZ Demo Sep 27, 2013, 11:52 rocketpcguy

do report back shul  

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc.</p> <ul> <li> <a href= Aug 6, 2013, 01:14 rocketpcguy

everyone ignoring the elephant in the room.  

News Comments > Linux Portal and Portal 2
5. Re: Linux Portal and Portal 2 May 4, 2013, 08:29 rocketpcguy

Going OK with nvidia on Mint, but wonder how ATI/AMD is nowadays on linux.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Same issue Mar 23, 2013, 15:17 rocketpcguy

yes same here on my machine, something is up with youtube recently.  

News Comments > DOOM 3 BFG Edition Patch and GPL Source Code
7. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Patch and GPL Source Code Nov 26, 2012, 23:22 rocketpcguy

I have the original on the shelf collecting dust but unfinished... barely unplayed

when someone says "this game is barely played", doesn't it mean that he does not usually play it? and wouldn't then "this game is barely unplayed" mean that he can't stop playing it?

in that case, yes, it should be worth stopping the game just enough to patch it.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Oct 12, 2012, 12:40 rocketpcguy

That FIFA 13 review was actually a review of other indie random games.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2012, 01:36 rocketpcguy

i keep hearing people saying that caffeine is addictive so thats why they are trying to get rid of it; but is there really any ill effects with caffeine directly (not sugar) outside addiction? never mind what happens if you dont have coffee after being addicted, whats really wrong with a mug a day?

(btw: Hoop's lessened knee & elbow pain almost certainly had nothing to do with the caffeine cut; it would have gone away even if he had tea/coffee; 6 months is enough time for these sort of things to heal itself).

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 27, 2012, 04:17 rocketpcguy

yeah, i use linux on my work laptop/desktop also, and windows for gaming; its a fine OS and does things well; using linux mint for many years now.  

Hardware > Headphones
11. No subject Mar 14, 2012, 05:42 rocketpcguy

thanks for the information Verno & Bucky, and my apologies to Sepharo

the reviews for the Sennheiser HD595 seem very good, but it seems discontinued in favour of the HD598 which is even slightly better. the ATH-AD700 seems great too; but the impression I got from reviews was that the hd59x had better bass. i think i might go for the hd598.

the Antlion Modmic is important too; I am using a yum cha desk microphone and it does get quite in the way and has below average quality.

however, i am not sure about the sound card and whether it'd be worth it. i can definitely hear a vast difference between my onboard chipset & my creative live 5.1!, but wondering if getting a pricier card would make too much of a difference. i have a dual boot too; so linux compatibility is an extra complication.

Hardware > Headphones
4. Re: Headphones Mar 13, 2012, 01:17 rocketpcguy

i just discovered this "closed headphone" vs "open headphone" thing. i am reading that open headphones have better "soundstage" than closed ones (leaking sound is not a problem), but the bass is potentially less? did you notice less powerful bass in your HD-555 compared to HD-280? i am not expecting earth shattering bass, but i wouldn't want it less than my existing headphones.

i had my audio technica headphones since 2006; since I am very careful at handling my headpones and never move them away from my table. so i am thinking of splurging on the Sennheiser HD598 since it looks like it might last for quite some time, what do you think?

Hardware > Headphones
1. Headphones Mar 12, 2012, 13:42 rocketpcguy

i need to get some good headphones; both for gaming & general purpose use. it seems most audio-heads recommend i stay away from "gaming" headphones as the price is high for medium quality; but i wanted opinions here.

(i currently have a fairly cheap Audio-Technica ATH M20 and an external mic)

any recommendations? what do you guys use? i can go as high as $200.

also, i currently have a creative live 5.1! pci card; some people say i should upgrade my sound card too; but others say the difference is mostly the placebo effect and the cost is better off spend on better headphones. any thoughts?

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: PS Vita Feb 15, 2012, 14:49 rocketpcguy

yeah, i was about to skip the review of the ps vita by a site called ps vita until i hover the link and saw it was hardware heaven  

2. Re: their goals in this field the P90X Nov 26, 2011, 01:19 rocketpcguy

Blue, you should ban sbttop; all his posts are ads/SEO hacks.

News Comments > DOOM III Source Code Released
11. Re: DOOM III Source Code Released Nov 23, 2011, 10:22 rocketpcguy

"It didn't look THAT stellar"? this video is of the doom 3 alpha leaked in 2002, what other games in 2002 looked half as good?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4583FXCYOEQ

2. Re: Game Reviews Nov 19, 2011, 03:47 rocketpcguy

it feels like the first Skyrim review on bluesnews; i was just yesterday wondering why there were no skyrim reviews posted.

i haven't played the elder scrolls 4: oblivion. is it worth playing that first, or is it so similar that its best to jump to skyrim?

2. Re: Who's my boy? Nov 18, 2011, 14:53 rocketpcguy

it's good, but you should add your own screenshots. and maybe rename it to "battlefield 3 multiplayer review"

1. Seagate Barracuda 3TB Review; A 1TB Hard Drive Nov 1, 2011, 15:19 rocketpcguy

when you put "Seagate Barracuda 3TB Review; A 1TB Hard Drive"; i thought they started making disks like tapes and give hardware compression to make the claim that 1TB = 3TB.
it's actually 1TB / Platter.

1. Re: Hardware Reviews Oct 31, 2011, 12:48 rocketpcguy

he still has to take out the device from the toilet after peeing on it.

News Comments > New UDK Beta
1. Re: New UDK Beta Oct 29, 2011, 07:23 rocketpcguy

UT3 is lots of fun (esp. warfare); looks great and scales well on different hardware. how come very few play it?  

342 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo