Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brian Irelan

Real Name Brian Irelan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Satertek
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 9, 2003, 21:37
Total Comments 40 (Suspect)
User ID 19647

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > 2MOONS Beta
10. We recommend living in 1998 Jul 31, 2007, 20:13 Satertek

"We recommend viewing the 2Moons site with Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0. You can use other browsers but you may not receive the full experience."

Even requiring IE at all these days is crazy, but 5.0?!?

*closes tab*

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New ETQW Beta Nears
8. Re: No subject Jul 31, 2007, 10:26 Satertek

Wait so a second beta doesn't mean more keys? The heck? I missed the couple hours in which the keys went last month.

News Comments > Silicon Knights Sues Epic Games
11. Re: No subject Jul 19, 2007, 19:32 Satertek

Eternal Darkness for the Gamecube has been their most notable.

And to summarize an update to the Gamedaily article: The lawsuit basically says that Epic withheld Unreal 3 engine updates for the Xbox 360 to give Gears of War a head start.

News Comments > ATI/Steam Freebies
10. "Hey, can I borrow your Radeon?" May 31, 2007, 01:38 Satertek

So how does this work? Am I able to jump on a random machine with an ATI card, make a new account, and have it work anywhere after that? (Maybe it crosses a unique hardware ID off a list after each account is made)

News Comments > New Funcom MMOG
11. Re: No subject Mar 6, 2007, 17:45 Satertek

"Is Blizzard working on two?

No they arent, so surely....your point has no merit"

We don't know what Blizzard is doing. For all we know, Diablo and Starcraft MMOs could be in the works.

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 17:46.

News Comments > New Funcom MMOG
10. No subject Mar 6, 2007, 17:40 Satertek

I remember them mentioning this MMO before, it being set in the present day is still the only bit of information we have on it, however.

May not be related, but from a press release a few days ago: "As Funcom seeks to further strengthen an already established IP, the potential for a future ‘The Longest Journey’ MMO increases."

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 17:43.

News Comments > New Half-Life/Half-Life 2 PHPAdmin
2. Re: No subject Dec 28, 2006, 21:55 Satertek

If they were embedding it in their clan/guild/community website they would.

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxy Update
6. Re: No subject Sep 28, 2006, 03:09 Satertek

Maybe they'll have those guild controlled Star Destroyers in 6 more.

And from what I've heard, yea it is very dead. Cities are starting to look pretty empty.

This comment was edited on Sep 28, 03:10.

News Comments > Source SDK Updated
2. Re: MODS Aug 5, 2006, 00:57 Satertek

"New Game Content Called 'Source SDK Base'.
Available to anyone who owns Half-Life 2.
Mod makers should always use its SteamAppId (215) in their single player and multi-player mods."

Unless I misunderstand...this means an end to the problem of people unable to play mods built off HL2DM, which they may not have in their account.

News Comments > New Ryzom Trial
1. Torrent Jun 20, 2006, 10:19 Satertek

Tried this game way back in beta and wasn't too impressed, might give it another shot just to see how it is now. Plus, they have a BitTorrent link.

http://dl.nevrax.com/ryzom-installer_022006.exe.torrent

News Comments > Source Engine Patches
9. Re: No subject Apr 19, 2006, 22:49 Satertek

No

News Comments > Rag Doll Kung Fu Preloads
1. Unique Oct 5, 2005, 23:55 Satertek

Just preordered. This game looks awesome. It's unique, its goofy, and the multiplayer modes look like so much fun. Can't wait.

(Plus its only $13 to preorder or $15 later, definately worth it)

News Comments > Half-Life 2 GotY Early
3. Re: No subject Sep 8, 2005, 11:58 Satertek

It comes with Half-Life Source, not the original. And how is it pointless? It comes with every game the collectors edition did. (Once again screwing the people that bought it)

News Comments > Darkstar One Announced
18. Re: Aug 24, 2005, 20:43 Satertek

Yah thought the same...

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Source Update
7. Re: Steam Free and Loving it Jul 21, 2005, 13:21 Satertek

I think you took it a bit far, they just told you to reinstall your game, not your whole system.

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 13:22.

News Comments > UT2004 UETF Chronicles
2. About it Aug 23, 2004, 18:58 Satertek

For the lazy:
The UETF Chronicles:
UETF Chronicles is a co-operative modification for Unreal Tournament 2004. Players assume the role of cybernetic super soldiers in the United Earth Tactical Force as they battle against the brutal robotic enemy known as the Wrath. Gameplay revolves around working with your team-mates against superior numbers of robotically controlled AI enemies. There are three selectable classes in every UETF squad, with their own set of selectable unique weapons and special abilities. Each class has it's own strengths and weaknesses, causing the squad to rely on each other in combat.

Individually, not even the elite soldiers of the UETF stand a chance against the full fury of the Wrath. But together, the combined strength of a UETF squad will prove unstoppable. This is the essence of the UETF-"The whole is greater than the sum of it's parts".

Features:
Complete brand new assault and defense missions set in totally new enviroments as you struggle against the Wrath.

Nearly 20 completely new robotic enemies to battle, including lithe aero robots, powerful sniper bots, and lumbering tank bots.

10 unique selectable weapons, ranging from rocket-propelled assault weapons, deadly deployable turrets to the ferocious ECHO holo-solider.

Intuitive skill system-earn experience and access 54 deadlier upgrades for your weapons

Class based special system-access powerful special abilities to bombard your enemies, strengthen your defenses and repair your allies

A intricate illustrated storyline that reveals the secrets of the Wrath and the UETF.

News Comments > Half-Life Hitbox Bug
18. HL2 Hitboxes Jul 25, 2004, 14:42 Satertek

Hmm, HL2 is using hitboxes after all:
(But they will be alot better, I would guess that there wouldn't be too much of a difference from Doom3 approach)
(from HalfLife2.net http://www.halflife2.net/index.php?page=article_vs_editing

Could you tell me in detail why you chose to go with hit boxes rather than per-poly? And how will HL2s hitbox technology be better than the usual hitbox tech we see in games today?

Gabe Newell: In Half-Life 1, world collisions and collision culling were handled by gross bounding boxes. If something collided with the bounding box, you could then compare it against a group of hit boxes. This was pretty coarse.

In Half-Life 2, entities can also have an associated vphysics collision model. This is what the physics uses, and gives per polygon collision information. Gross bounding boxes are now used mainly for culling. Hitboxes now have more flexibility (they move with the bone they are assigned to, for example). If you need polygon level collision information (which is useful for a lot of things) then you'll be using the vphysics model and not the hit boxes.

You could, if you wanted to, build a mod that did per-poly vphysics collisions for every entity. However there are lots of times when hit-box collisions give you all the information you need.
This comment was edited on Jul 25, 14:45.

News Comments > Half-Life Hitbox Bug
17. Re: That's not nice... Jul 25, 2004, 14:33 Satertek

This HL bug has nothing to do with HL2, so I don't know why you all are talking about delays.

But hopefully Valve will be able to check this bug out to see if it actually is a HL bug.

I'll be glad too when HL2 comes and hitboxes are gone

And LoL at people thinking this is to draw attention from Doom3. This bug has been around for awhile now. (A few weeks at least) It's just now when BluesNews reports it.
This comment was edited on Jul 25, 14:36.

News Comments > Painkiller CD Woes
70. Copy Protection Apr 10, 2004, 01:02 Satertek

What's the point of all this copy protection? I'm sure there are already patches to crack whatever security it uses. The same with all games. It's pointless to cause all this trouble.

News Comments > Black Isle, Fallout 3 Dead
85. Re: No subject Dec 9, 2003, 16:39 Satertek

I don't think Bioware would want to buy it, right now there working on their own, totally original game.
http://www.bioware.com/bioware_info/press_releases/BioMSPartnership/
Can't wait for that.

40 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo