Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for TheNarcis

Real Name TheNarcis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname TheNarcis
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I'm your source of self destruction...
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 9, 2003, 16:55
Total Comments 243 (Novice)
User ID 19636

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life 2 = Late Summer?
88. Re: Hey Apr 27, 2004, 23:11 TheNarcis

You know what? The damn thing will come out when it comes out, find something more important to worry about...

Exactly ... no matter how much shit people talk, they will be the first in the store when it is released. Plus I wouldnt doubt more than half of them got it on pre-order right now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

59. Re: Which Will Be 1st? Apr 27, 2004, 16:35 TheNarcis

Halo 2 dont count ... its a Console game

20. Re: Told ya! Apr 27, 2004, 13:41 TheNarcis

No, that was Vivendi

And it took Valve this long to finally say otherwise. Give me a break.

19. Re: Stfu, please Apr 27, 2004, 13:40 TheNarcis

without anti-fanboyism, a fanboy would not exist. Dont you know that?

Which came first? The chicken or the egg?

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed Details
8. Re: Galaxies fun? Apr 21, 2004, 13:05 TheNarcis

To each is own...

I enjoy it and have a lot of fun playing with friends of mine...hell even my GF plays and is just as addicted so it works out well.

The comments of negativity I see towards this game makes me chuckle...because tey are all the SAME THINGS you will be doing in games like WoW...did in games like Diablo...and will continue to do in RPG games...and that is GRIND XP!

/shrug

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed Details
2. Sweet... Apr 21, 2004, 12:39 TheNarcis

I seen a demo of the Space Expansion at the Lucas Arts Convention a few years back and it looked amazing then. Was extrememly like X-wing vs. Tie fighter only 10X better looking. Cant wait for this...its gonna be a blast. Like a whole new gmae rather than expansion.

News Comments > On BioWare and Microsoft
42. ... Apr 20, 2004, 09:07 TheNarcis

Billy War-Bucks Strikes again...

When will these console n00bs realize this HURTS gaming more than it benfits.

Micro$oft will buy you all!

News Comments > ATI CATALYST Hotfix
1. ... Apr 17, 2004, 09:00 TheNarcis

LOL!

News Comments > GeForce 6 Announced
76. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2004, 17:45 TheNarcis

All they show is vertical pictures of it. There are no side or diagonal views.

If you cannot tell from top view that it is single slot card you are blind. Also it shows the side view of the bracket and its single slot. Plus they mention this.

"GeForce 6800 in all her glory. Single slot design and yes, two Molex connectors. This card consumes power alright."

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6093452/screens_6093452.html?page=1 Looks single slot to me..well if you blind (by fanboi-ism then no it doesnt).

And not to mention 1 slot 2 slot argument is just for well ... assholes cause only an asshole would block their fan on the GFX Card.

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 17:54.

33. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2004, 13:07 TheNarcis

lol, a lone pic, at the inquirer, is not very compelling! where has there been mention of single slot 6800s or Geforce 6's?

Even Guru 3D shows the REFERENCE BOARD WITH SINGLE SLOT DESIGN you genious. /sigh

http://www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/128/9/

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 13:14.

8. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2004, 11:22 TheNarcis

here's a list of reviews at anandtech:

http://anandtech.com/news/shownews.html?i=21965

if you discount the fact that it still takes two slots, the only two negatives are far cry shader quality and power consumption. while nvidia recommends a 480W power supply, one reviewer was running an antec true power 430W with no problems.

It does NOT take up 2 slots and is NO more power consumption than the ATi card...

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15269 (single slot)

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15246 (Ati needs extra power too)

I love the sites with the early "reviews" with non final hardware/drivers.

"As DOOM 3 development winds to a close, my work has turned to development of the next generation rendering technology. The NV40 is my platform of choice due to the large sums of money handed to me by the nVidia corporation," said John Carmack, president and technical director of id Software

Same can be said about Half-Life 2 and ATi scholar /wink

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 11:24.

News Comments > Hitman: Contracts Gold
11. Re: No subject Apr 13, 2004, 17:09 TheNarcis

Uh

Anyone else noticed that 5 out of 6 paragraphs of this "press release" about how the game gone gold describes their marketing campaign?

You think they'd mention some highlights from the game...maybe at least one or two.

Why does it matter? Why do people have to always find something negative and bash? Cant just leave well enough alone. Who cares what says what...if you like a game you like it...if you dont like it you dont.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Movie
25. Re: Looks like the Gameplay is in... Apr 6, 2004, 04:15 TheNarcis

funny you mention that. Lately I've downloaded some windows media movies that played horribly in the default windows player (sttutering, etc) but when played through the Divx application/player its runs flawlesly.

Try different players.

That is true...I have noticed that the Divx Codec is shoddy in some movies on the Windows Media player...but run seamlessly in the Divx's own player.

You cannot judge frame-rates via a video and not actual game. Most hands on impressions NEVER mentioned it running like crap. And for people who judge off of videos...that is total ignorance.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Syberia II
6. Re: Huh? Mar 30, 2004, 21:25 TheNarcis

What the hell is an "adventure" game? Is that like some kind of FPS with two endings?

Man aren't you a n00b to gaming.

News Comments > New Audigy 2 Drivers
24. Creative Bashing Mar 29, 2004, 23:47 TheNarcis

Dont you guys get it. Dont you see the trend. Everything is cool to bash now-a-days if its the market leader. Thus the Creative Bashing. The Audigy 2 series is the best sounds card on the market today hands down. Any tech/review site will tell you this as well. You CANT beat it.

For the record I never had a problem with the Live series...so to each is own like anythign I suppose.

But if its "big" or the market leader...then its the "in thing" to do by hating. Thus all the Anti-MS, Anti-Intel, Anti-nVidia, and on and on and on!

News Comments > New Audigy 2 Drivers
22. No subject Mar 29, 2004, 23:19 TheNarcis

If you guys cannot figure out what drivers you have or worried about installing over the old ones creative offers a system just like Windows Update.

It is on their Driver site and adds a small active-x like Windows and scans your Sound Card to see what you need for updating. It does it all for you like windows. No uninstalling Dloading and the such.

Here is the Direct link:

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp?nSUFlag=1&sDestUrl=http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/&hdAllProduct=1&LangID=1033&hdDspLangID=1033

This comment was edited on Mar 29, 23:44.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: UT2004
69. Re: Well... Mar 17, 2004, 02:04 TheNarcis

Havoc is in Half Life...

UT uses Karma Physics for the hair

This comment was edited on Mar 17, 02:05.

50. Re: Need help. Mar 16, 2004, 19:04 TheNarcis

"Not the 'main event' mind you..."

Liar

23. Re: EPIC ROCKS!!! Mar 16, 2004, 15:07 TheNarcis

This is for nin,

Face3 is there but they also have FaceClassic which is the ORIGINAL Facing Worlds with UT2K3 texturing.

And they have Morpheus called Morpheus3 witht he UT facelift as well...

So be happy my friend cause this ROCKS!!!!

20. Re: Waiting on Amazon.ca... Mar 16, 2004, 14:43 TheNarcis

All I have to say is DVD-ROMS are dirt cheap now-a-days! More games should come out in DVD format. It was a 5 gig install and it took half the time of a 1-2 gig install on CD format.

I will check on those two maps BTW!

243 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo