Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for jAkUp

Real Name jAkUp   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email slimmershady@msn.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 9, 2003, 16:55
Total Comments 10 (Suspect)
User ID 19635

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
5. No subject May 2, 2006, 19:52 jAkUp

Actually the full game is fantastic.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > UT2007 PC First & Demo Plans
63. Re: No subject Jan 3, 2006, 00:29 jAkUp

I really am getting sick and tired of this debate.

A high end PC DOES NOT cost more than a good experience on a console.

First you need the console, then you need the more expensive games, but most of all, YOU NEED A FREAKIN HDTV! How much does a good HDTV cost?

Assuming that most people have an HDTV capable of 1280x720 is just like assuming that most people have a great computer, minus the video card.
Well in that case, $300 scores you a 7800GT and you are good to go.

I would rather put that money into my rig, and obviously I have, because I'm one of the "idiots" with 2x512MB 7800GTX's.

This comment was edited on Jan 3, 00:45.

News Comments > Blizzard Beta Sign-ups
38. Re: No subject Oct 29, 2005, 03:36 jAkUp

Guys... I think it may be Diablo 3!!

OMG!

Last week they had a thing called "Show N Tell" which they have every 6 months to all the full time employees - Anyways Diablo 3 takes place in heaven. Hell is trying to take it over and it is AWESOME looking ... I magine the brightness of heaven being taken over by the darkness of hell ... Imagine WoW but in a Diablo world in amount of size and playability ... Also, guild housing is available in this game for those of you who know about it. They should have a gameplay demo to show at BlizzCon.

Supposly they will announce it tommorrow, check it out here:
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/662/662643p1.html

This comment was edited on Oct 29, 03:37.

News Comments > Thief Demo Today
7. Re: First post May 28, 2004, 13:02 jAkUp

Demo is up:

ftp://ftp.eidos.co.uk/pub/uk/ThiefDS/demo/Thief_Demo.exe

or

http://www.giga.de/dl/frame.php?refid=140&fileid=3814&ebene1=56&lang=de%3CBR%3Egiga

Here is my review of the full game from a long time thief fan:

So far I'm really liking it. It is definetely Thief. I take back what I felt about the 3rd person perspective. I never found myself switching to the 3rd person perspective, and 1st person feels just fine.

I briefly tried the 3rd person perspective, and well, I really don't like it. It's not Thief. Thankfully the default view is 1st person, and there doesn't seem to be any comprimises made by including a 3rd person view. It seems as if it is an "extra" that will never be used by most PC gamers.

The graphics are very nice, the lighting and such. There are a few low resolution textures here and there though, but thats mainly nitpicking. But the graphics are definetely very nice. I'm playing them maxed out on my system, and Get 40-50 fps. Definetely much smoother than DuesEx 2. The AI is pretty decent actually, and I rarley hear a guard say the same line twice. The physics are nice, but the ragdolls could use some work, they seem to end up in the oddest of positions. I have no clue what game the reviewer was playing in the Gamespy review.

The gameplay is very good and reminisent of older Thief games, the only problem I am having is it is a little confusing trying to understand where you need to go next, the default map they give you isn't of much help. Thankfully the strategy guide that I picked up with it can help some. Lockpicking can be frustrating at times, but once you get the technique down, its really not too difficult.

Whats really cool is looking down, you can see your body, your feet, your shadows, etc. It's kinda neat, as opposed to the "floating head" we are so used to in FPS.

It is a break from the standard FPS, and I'm really loving it. Thief is back!
This comment was edited on May 28, 13:11.

News Comments > NFS: Most Wanted?
5. No subject Mar 5, 2004, 10:55 jAkUp

Well, I hope it is another Hot Pursuit. NFS Hot Pursuit was my favorite NFS game, (minues Hot Pursuit 2 which really sucked) Running away from the cops, and the Cop chatter is great.

News Comments > Federal GTA Lawsuit
67. Re: No subject Jan 1, 2004, 21:00 jAkUp

My email:

Christopher Bryon,

Where does the New York Post find such drama queens such as yourself? I canno't believe you go on about a VIDEO GAME when there are true crimes happening right here in the world.

Yes the game is violent, hence the MA on the label. Face it movies are worse, more realistic, and more gruesome for the most part. The game is violent, but so is real life. If you dont want to face real life, move to another planet or something, I sure wouldn't miss you.

You make a point that you can pick up hookers and such, run over people etc. Yes you can. But you can do so in real life also!! Point is, you dont have to do those things if you dont wish to. And if underage kids are playing this, maybe, we should shift the blame over to the parents. Ever think of that?? Oh no no no...

Ok, maybe I'm being a little harsh, I just find it absolutely appalling that you say this game is worse than Michael Jackson's case.. oh god no. Murder crimes in the U.S. are going down, yet... more and more violent games are coming out. Explain that one. Games dont kill. I've been playing violent games since Doom 10 years ago, I have NEVER felt the need to kill, or even hurt ANYBODY.

Games don't kill. If anybody kills, then blames it on a video game, its obvious they are just shifting the blame from themselves. Its an easy way to get out of a case. And people like yourself do no good to make this situation any better.

-Jacob

News Comments > Hitman 3 Announced
10. Yay! Dec 16, 2003, 13:28 jAkUp

The original Hitman and Hitman 2 were some of my favorite games... amazing music by Jesper Kyd... and the graphics were nice for their time too. A little hard at time but everyone enjoys a challenge

I'm really looking forward to this one
This comment was edited on Dec 16, 13:30.

News Comments > Halo Patch Today
6. No subject Dec 9, 2003, 12:18 jAkUp

Ungrateful? Because I wasted $50 on a poor console port?? Yea that sure sounds ungrateful to me...

News Comments > Halo Patch Today
4. No subject Dec 9, 2003, 12:04 jAkUp

Is this the patch that makes it a pcgame?

News Comments > FireStarter Demo Patch
9. Re: hahaha Dec 9, 2003, 11:56 jAkUp

so.... splinter cell, max payne2, max payne, mafia, and undying are somehow fps??? god... and dues ex is more of an rpg so that doesnt count.
This comment was edited on Dec 9, 11:58.

10 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo