Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeff

Real Name Jeff   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname caddickj
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 2, 2003, 05:29
Total Comments 1 (Suspect)
User ID 19552

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Uru Demo
25. Eh... Dec 2, 2003, 00:30 caddickj

I just downloaded and played this tonight. I LOVED all of the previous MYST games. LOVED. Each one exceeded my expectations. This one... eh. Maybe I'm being hyper-critical, but I don't think the photorealism was up to par for me. I also don't like the texture mapped characters. One of the things that made the previous MYST games so cool was the use of extremely high photorealism and real actors (or in Atrus' case, a real software designer) filmed and woven into the game-world.

That's not to say that I don't like the game as a separate piece, but it's a bit disappointing when my expectations for the MYST line are so high. I do think the puzzles will be fun, and the interaction with other characters online might be good. I'm just not sold that it should be part of the MYST series. I hope they make another off-line release in the vein of the previous games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo