Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Toddles

Real Name Toddles   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kosumo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 2, 2003, 02:59
Total Comments 1937 (Pro)
User ID 19551

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
83. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 12, 2014, 07:53 Kosumo

Welcome to Blues Drillo, nice post (althought I found the bold hard to read)

So did you watch the whole PAX stream? Cos if you did, are you concerned at how amatuer it came across or do you think otherwise?

- Please, pick much better reasons that reflect better on some poster here. Because that's (once again) called grasping at straws. Especially if it's been explained throughout this project. That the game is in Pre-Alpha and the DFM was therefore in Pre Alpha.

Well I was under the imprestion that the DFM was oringaly planned to be out this past December (about 4-5 months ago) yet was held back due to the cryengines netcode not being up to it. So you are saying its still in pre-alpha now 4 months after then? Smells fishy to me, more like it was not ready back in December for more reasons than just the netcode and they had to delay to get it in a better state.

- Also those rumors, might have started with EA/Microsoft employees back in the day. Their version would be a little emm ....not to be trusted. But if that "Rumor" had any merit towards it name. Then one of the main reasons for that "Rumor" was that CR wanted to put a lot of stuff in Freelancer and Freelancer 2. But they (MS) keep cutting back further and further. But CR wanted to add more yet they kept saying NO -and it was stuff that is now going to be in this game and future content of the game-. Plus this was back in 2001 right around MS announced their console or were about to that next year. So yeah....big shift in focus.

If those 'rumors' are just rumors then why have you just blamed Microsoft and stated that if it was so, it's because Chris Roberts only wanted to add more and more yet MS was a big meanie and said no. It's more believable that they had already funded 4 years plus of development and had a fair way to go just to get the basics going let alone more stuff.

By the way, it's not rumors. Have you read the Freelancer wiki?

- What does that have to do with anything. Once your a developer/designer. You will always be one.

Many of the game designers of his era (mid to late 90's) have lost much of their 'magic touch' that they had back then when the game studios where smaller, i.e Peter Moylnex, John Romero, Bill Roper, Team 17. All made top rated/selling games back then, now stuggle to come even close with their modern offerings (there are others that still do i.e. Ken Levine, Sid Meier.)

Being out of game development for 10 years plus IS a long time in a modern, high tech industry. But it's not his game making/designing skill that I think lack, it's his manegment that has never been proven imho, and it's clear in the poor showing at PAX.

I really don't care wither it's a good game or not - I'm all for more good great games of all kinds, and I have nothing against Chris Roberts personally. I just have what I think is a healthy amount of doubt in this and the fact that their are no shortage of what can only be call total 'fanbois' of this, I do find it fun to troll them abit.

The things the fanbois say are so funny like "That is not scope Creep, this is called planning out your game."

PS I did not even touch on the sell virtual items for a virtual game that is yet to be made. If that does not ring some alarm bells for you, well, good on you, me its a bright flashing light with a loud nosie.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 20:45 Kosumo

Why did no publisher want to work with Chris Roberts? Don't keep me in suspense I want to hear a detractor's opinion because I only see the fanboys.

Well I am not a publisher but will give you my view on why none picked up this project.

First and forth most, I'd say his track record of games released in the pass decade - none, zip, zero.

He talks big, with dreams that any fanboi would love but where the rubber hits the road and it's time to make the software he does not seem to be able to manage the project relistical with feature/future creep taking over and ever changing goal post. Publishers (most) can see this and provide disapline for projects that are getting off track/becoming bloated.

Also his vision does not make ecconomic sense, he is aiming that high that most/alot of gamers will not have the gear to play the game as intended which is a big turn off to publisher who would like to see a project at lest make back it's cost. The money he has got so far is not how much the game would make if it was release, the 41 million is for promise and dreams which I don't think will be delivered on.

I don't think he is scamming anyone, I just think he is not relistic with what he is doing and I don't think it will end well - as this PAX East showing demonstrated - anyone who see that as a good revel is drowning in kool-aid.

So, on that matter, I would say this would have been a better game had he stuck to his origanal goal of the Squrdern 42 and finish and released that first, then move on to bigger things (his persisteant MMO like world, Start Citizen) or if he had team up with a publisher and let them have managed the project but I'd suspect he is a dreamer with a ego that thinks he can make it all happen, of which I doubt.

Also, if all you see is the opinions of fanboys, I suggest you look harder cos their are many who doubt what he is doing.

I have to get ready for work, but if I had more time (maybe later) I would get into how much is wrong with getting people to pay for virtual items in an unmade game.

This comment was edited on Apr 11, 2014, 20:52.

News Comments > Watch Dogs PC Graphics
4. Re: Watch Dogs PC Graphics Apr 11, 2014, 19:48 Kosumo

Blues Brothers, great movie.

While I don't believe in God, that was a great effort for some guys on a mission for him. Thumbsup

17. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 19:16 Kosumo

They could add DLC helmet animations! Don't be so negitive Cutter. The helmet animation worked each time, unlike other parts of the game.

(they should add a 'mash space bar controller button X' prompt to the helmet animation to be truly next gen)

I can foresee in 4 years time the guys behind Goat Simulator buying out the remains of CIG/RSI to use for their "Goats in Space" game. I'm not KIDDING!

11. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 18:51 Kosumo

It's also very clear if you watch the whole unedited presontation why no publishers wished to work with Chris.

And to think people are saying that he saved the space sim gene while all the time, (the last 12 years since he released anything) there have been other making them and plodding away.

At 50 million are they gonna add snake oil?

4. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 18:28 Kosumo

While the graphics look nice, there is very little evidence of gameplay in all this footage. (and many crashes(computer side) which have been edited out)  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Premium Beta
54. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2014, 17:55 Kosumo

Watching that Star Citizen/Chris Roberts video reminded me of the opening safety form the superbowl .... what a mistake to make.

So, when is the DFM out then?

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Premium Beta
37. Re: Elite Dangerous Premium Beta Apr 10, 2014, 22:32 Kosumo

Lol Star Citizen twitch - Christ Roberts is a total clown - power pointed the crowd to death.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2014, 16:29 Kosumo

RIP Warrior.

I can just imagine him running up to the pearly gates and shaking the hell out of them with his music blasting (only to be hit from behind by a waiting Macho Man)

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Apr 7, 2014, 18:02 Kosumo

MBS for the meh!  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Apr 7, 2014, 18:02 Kosumo

ETS2 for teh WINS  

News Comments > Foolish Games, Volume 3
20. Re: Foolish Games, Volume 3 Apr 2, 2014, 23:50 Kosumo

Shit copy and paste trolling is shit.  

News Comments > Roberts: We Won't Sell Star Citizen
50. Re: Star Citizen Apr 1, 2014, 18:27 Kosumo

NegaDeath wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 17:07:
Kosumo wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 16:37:
Can you list some of these games then for us n00bs?

Why not do the research yourself?

Well I went to look, but after 4 boring videos with people saying how they worked for Blizzard (in q/a not game desgin) or had work on a TV ad doing visual FX, I was wondering who it was who had worked on top rated games?

39. Re: Star Citizen Apr 1, 2014, 16:37 Kosumo

Can you list some of these games then for us n00bs?  

37. Re: Star Citizen Apr 1, 2014, 16:19 Kosumo

Comet wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 15:54:
I read some of the posts and I don't understand the negativism towards Star Citizen or Chris Roberts.

It's the most fun anyone can have with this 'game'

You just need to take a good look at the talent behind this game.
http://scwiki.org/index.php?title=Development:Development_Team

Teams behind some of the best games out there.

Edit - LOL, super funny, the co-CEO is a lawyer, that's planing ahead to beat those lawsuits! (he is a lawyer that works in the digital/gaming area at lest)

I read that list and all it told me was that they have no chief financial officer or accountant or anyone who I have seen make some of the best games out there.

What are these other games that members of this team have made? Anyone?

This comment was edited on Apr 1, 2014, 16:35.

32. Re: Roberts: We Won't Sell Star Citizen Apr 1, 2014, 15:54 Kosumo

"Iíve been down the big company acquisition route twice before and thereís a reason I am making Star Citizen totally independently!"

Which is what?

a)No publisher want anything to do with him.

b)So he can dream all he likes without ever making it happen.

c)Cos his new Church of Christ Roberts answers only to God (Him).

d)He's made so many AAA games in the last ten years, he knows how it's done.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans
4. Re: Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans Mar 31, 2014, 19:16 Kosumo

"Iím incredibly happy to hit this goal as it green-lights a very important research project aimed at improving Star Citizenís long term future."

So it makes the hangar bigger so you can buy more ships?

He's dreaming - if it only cost 1 million dollars to get a R&D team that can make that happen then why have no big publishers done it? They have lots of millions already.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Mar 30, 2014, 17:54 Kosumo

Cutter wrote on Mar 30, 2014, 15:34:
I agree there's something to be said for that. It's like buying a new car and the dealer telling you you're not allowed to ever sell it. It's not like HB isn't making their money. No one is technically stealing anything here.

It's very exploitive and just as scummy as stealing. It's gonna hurt Humble Bundle efforts for charity.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 30, 2014, 17:01 Kosumo

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 30, 2014, 16:23:
Banished is still hanging onto the top 10, wow

You could say, it's surviving

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 30, 2014, 15:17 Kosumo

I'd love a South Park sequel with a 'super heroes' theme/story line along the "Coon and Friends" style.  

1937 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo