Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Toddles

Real Name Toddles   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kosumo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 2, 2003, 02:59
Total Comments 2218 (Senior)
User ID 19551

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
1151. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jul 5, 2015, 18:45 Kosumo

Just thought I'd pop in here for abit to give it a bump.

Also would be cool if I got last word in a epic thread Grin

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
72. Re: Op Ed Jul 5, 2015, 18:32 Kosumo

I would have like to have got an Arena Commander review out of Derek Smart before he was chased off Cry  

News Comments > Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship
78. Re: Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship Jul 5, 2015, 18:05 Kosumo

jdreyer wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 12:12:
Kosumo wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 16:56:
At no stage would have spending $1500 on this game been a good idea, even if it was finished and lived up to the dream.

And yet people routinely spend $1500 or more to upgrade their PCs, often to play just a single game better. And people spend a lot more than that on a lot of other hobbies that deliver many fewer hours of enjoyment.

Yes, people do spend that on upgrading/building a PC - that what it cost for PC parts and the like ($600 <-> $2000).

Spending $1500 on golf clubs is about what they may cost (anit bought any in ~20 years)

PC computer games cost between free (free to play) up to about $100 for special collector editions. PC games do not cost around $1500 ever. So what I am saying is that people who buy golf clubs for $22500 or upgrade their PC for $9000 to $30000 dollars may want to think twice before they do that.

If new AAA PC games are $60 then people are paying 25 times that for a game that is far away form even being finished, let alone good.

Do you understand that? (I'm talking apples to apples not apples to restaurant meal.)

I get what you are saying in that it's all relitave but I think people should keep in mind we are talking about people paying 25 times the price of an item. It's crazy shit.

This comment was edited on Jul 5, 2015, 18:10.

74. Re: Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship Jul 4, 2015, 23:09 Kosumo

dsmart wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 18:49

And yeah, I'm older, and wiser now. I think. :

You should stick around abit more then, and in a year or two we well let you know what we think.

I think that Star Citizen is totally open to a lot more talk about due to what it is trying to do, how it is doing it and the money side of the crowd funding.

Selling ships for a unmade game? Super WTF

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Jul 4, 2015, 20:51 Kosumo

koolout wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 20:15:
Executive Producer leaves

http://bit.ly/1JFTB5X

That thread was gold and then the last post was priceless.

I'm glad to see what Derek had to say about this as he does come from a back ground of making/trying to make this type of game.

Will the next ship sales be of a Escape Pod called "Lawsuits Away"

Chris Roberts; For Dreamers, By Dreamers

59. Re: Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship Jul 2, 2015, 16:56 Kosumo

At no stage would have spending $1500 on this game been a good idea, even if it was finished and lived up to the dream.

Putting that kind of money into 'pre-order ships' no matter if you have that kind of despoable income, is just plan foolish. You have helped to make this into the monster it has become by helping to overfund Chris Roberts.

I think he would have been better off if he only raised six to eight million, made the game, released it, then went back to the market to see if they want more, bigger MMO stuff.

Wow, $1500 dollars - that's like 30 AAA titles (about 3-5 years gaming). Insane. Drool

News Comments > Minecraft PC Sells > 20M
5. Re: Minecraft PC Sells > 20M Jun 30, 2015, 18:20 Kosumo

No, I'm totally wrong! Top selling PC games

My apoligees Urk

4. Re: Minecraft PC Sells > 20M Jun 30, 2015, 18:17 Kosumo

I think you may find that The Sims (or one of them) has sold more.  

News Comments > On Star Citizen FPS Delays
73. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 30, 2015, 18:16 Kosumo

But wait, there is more ..... $400 Ships for sale  

1. Re: Minecraft PC Sells > 20M Jun 30, 2015, 18:05 Kosumo

Well done  

News Comments > On Star Citizen FPS Delays
48. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 17:24 Kosumo

To quote Blues blurb -

The chairman reveals his film directing ambitions did not die with the Wing Commander movie, saying: "Directing the Squadron 42 shoot has been one of the most fun and creatively rewarding things Iíve done."

And to me that just further confrimes that he would reather be making movies than games. Problem is that his movies bomb harder than a fat man form the top diving board.

I wonder if he wore his 'Star Citizen Commander' uniform as he was directing the session at Andy Shrikes motion capture place after having a kick starter goal of building their own top of the line motion capture studio. Seems that Christ just wanted to spend some of his backers money on keeping his Hollywood dreams alive.

With allocation of additional resources and increased cross-studio focus on the FPS portion of the game we are on our way

What the fuck? I thought that they where having diffent studios work on the diffent parts of this mess? By increasing the 'cross-studio focus' does that not mean that those other studios are being taken away from their core roles? Where have the additional resources come from? Did they just have a cupboard with resources in it that just go and grab some more from? Star Marine is how taking away form the main game.

Sounds like they have no idea what they are doing. Loose plans, poor time esterments, no control on bloat, to much fund rasing/ship selling.

Still, if people wish to give the guy money, who am I to stop them.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 28, 2015, 19:21 Kosumo

Where is Batman: Arkham Knight?  

News Comments > GMG Arkham Knight Refunds
13. Re: GMG Arkham Knight Refunds Jun 25, 2015, 16:34 Kosumo

I played about 6 hours of this yesterday on PC, I had no problems at all - runs fine for me. Running it from a SSD, and also was a post-release download, not pre-load version.

The game is the same fun as the other Arkham games. YMMV

It's a shame that although it is fine for me, that their are a lot of others who are having problems. But for them to remove it from sale for the PC - that's amazing stuff for a AAA title.

News Comments > More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds
8. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 17:50 Kosumo

I place more of the blame on Warner Bros. (publisher) than Rocksteady (developer).

I wonder how this is going to effect the PC pre-sale of WB next game, Mad Max.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update
41. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 17:15 Kosumo

What I don't get is why would Publishers try to save some money on getting a AAA title game, ported on the cheap when it sounds like the gameplay/story itself is good and could sell millions of dollars worth on PC if it was ported right?

Four plus years of development only to be let down by dollar savings on the port ... sad.

Also, I thought some people where saying how now that the consoles are more PC in their systems (86x) that would be good for PC ports.

Is it just because they wished to release on consoles and PC at same time?

Was Shadows Of Mordor a good PC port?

*3 hours from my copy finishing being downloaded.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Issues
32. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Issues Jun 23, 2015, 17:46 Kosumo

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 17:08:
Edit: wow.. 5 typos in that post.. I need coffee

Have you been working on PC ports for WB again?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
39. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2015, 18:48 Kosumo

Jivaro wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 16:29:
nin wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 16:03:
Blue wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 16:00:
but the site wasn't relaunched at the new location until October 9, 1996.

IMO, that's the winner.

Agreed.

Heretics!, The lot of you who follow the hollow date of October 9, 1996. How untrue your misguided beliefs. The truth, as known by all us TrueBluers*, is as in the quote from El Presidente for Life, him-self at 4pm on 22nd of June, 2015 ~

"That's easy, as there are proper records of such things. The domain was registered on September 20, 1996, (but the site wasn't relaunched at the new location until October 9, 1996.) "

Blue Civil War! Army Bomb Rockstar Flamethrower Hungover Grouphug Cthulhu

News Comments > Tale of Tales Closing
44. Re: Tale of Tales Closing Jun 22, 2015, 01:03 Kosumo

Leave harlock and his meds out of it, I'm happy I'm helping both him and me by buying them off him for cheap.

P.S. I think Slick really hates what in his mind is most of use Blue's users (a sterotype), he does seem to be arguing with 'you people' which I don't think anyone else knows who it is.

General Discussion > 20 Years Of Bluesnews
3. No subject Jun 21, 2015, 19:30 Kosumo

Don't feel old, feel wise!

I was going off of the "Established 1995. Over three-quarters of a billion visitors since 1997."

But I think you are right, Blue would know.

General Discussion > 20 Years Of Bluesnews
1. 20 Years Of Bluesnews Jun 20, 2015, 17:38 Kosumo

2218 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo