Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Toddles

Real Name Toddles   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kosumo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 2, 2003, 02:59
Total Comments 1969 (Pro)
User ID 19551

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Scrolls Will Be Scrolls
22. Re: Scrolls Will Be Scrolls Mar 11, 2012, 21:06 Kosumo

http://www.minecraft.net/stats ==== total balls in the face!!

As a person who enjoys and does play minecraft (at times, then no minecraft for months then back on) I'm amazed at those stats!

Good on them. (it's more than just Notch now)

Also in point to Devs "Also, at least half his money went away to taxes." How do you know that? Are you just saying Sweden(?) has a flat %50 tax rate with no rebates for company cost i.e. buying more things/hiring workers?

If he is not putting each and every dollar of his profit into his personal bank account but is still part of his company (worth alot, but not a realized return) he could well be paying way less taxes than you say.

Do you have a good understanding of his taxes or do you just think that?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots
20. Re: First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots Mar 11, 2012, 19:47 Kosumo

I agree %100 with Jerykk on this. This should be total arcade like - you get points for running people over - thats cool if it's over the top, thats not cool at all if its realistic!

Arcade can still be realistic-like but should stay it the realm of 'over-the-top-fun'

Why don't you think that that muffler anit for the in game nitro boost?

News Comments > CD Project RED Dropping All DRM
34. Re: CD Project RED Dropping All DRM Mar 9, 2012, 16:54 Kosumo

InBlack wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 04:48:
Kosumo wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 00:30:
So they have gone F2P?

Hope that works out for them.

"We release the game. It's cracked in two hours, it was no time for Witcher 2."

Still feeling snarky? Next time, read the blurb as well as the headline. You probably wont end up making a complete fool out of yourself.

I'd rather be a complete fool than a half pie one.

I read and understood the story, my point being that if they are only worried about their paying customers, and I have no intention of paying them (never played any of their games) they are taking away any road blocks (no matter how small) to people grabbing this for free and then say that they feel justify doing so due to there being no protection in place.

This could be a good thing for them in the way that their product may get seen by a greater number of people. The down side is that people my just see this as "free to play" due to no protection what so ever.

It's like a pay music event in the open with no fences, no security. Overtime the number of people who did not pay to get in becomes so large that those would did pay start to resent it and in future don't pay.

(I have seen this in real life with an event that lasted 4 years till they where making to big a loss to go on despite more and more people attending).

Just the opinion of a complete fool Dunce

News Comments > NPD Shows 20% Drop
9. Re: NPD Shows 20% Drop Mar 9, 2012, 04:06 Kosumo

Dev wrote on Mar 8, 2012, 20:51:
So there we go, thats my wild guesses based on a few facts.

Not bad, but I'd like it more wild and more guesses and cut that facts down to two with one being about God.

[VG]Reagle wrote on Mar 8, 2012, 21:42:

I could wipe my ass

I call you bluff, come on then, do it.

News Comments > CD Project RED Dropping All DRM
13. Re: CD Project RED Dropping All DRM Mar 9, 2012, 00:30 Kosumo

So they have gone F2P?

Hope that works out for them.

News Comments > Valve Worth $3B?
2. Re: Valve Worth $3B? Mar 7, 2012, 21:20 Kosumo

I hope he uses this fame to do a kickstart for Half-life 3  

News Comments > Molyneux Quits Lionhead
35. Re: Molyneux Quits Lionhead Mar 7, 2012, 16:31 Kosumo

Lorcin wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 10:35:
wtf_man wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 10:13:
I believe EA owns Populous... so i doubt we'd see a modern rendition, unless EA decides to take the plunge.

They're working on it atm - going to be a new cover based FPS.

But at lest it does not have regenerating health - if you need more health there is a DLC for you!

News Comments > SimCity 5 Revealed?
13. Re: Sim City 5 Revealed? Mar 1, 2012, 02:14 Kosumo

Be cool if it went all the way down to ant level - like Sim Ant.  

News Comments > SimCity 5 Revealed?
10. Re: Sim City 5 Revealed? Feb 29, 2012, 23:41 Kosumo

Some no-name game getting a 5th sequel, Can see this being the end for EA. Dunce  

News Comments > Blizzard Cuts ~600 Staff
37. Re: Blizzard Cuts ~600 Staff Feb 29, 2012, 20:15 Kosumo

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 18:52:
Cutter wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 18:30:
You're an idiot. You know that?

Why? Because he has called you commie cunts out for what you are... which would be... commie cunts?

What? There are Reds in the Blues? Whats this? All Purple? Confused

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer
10. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Feb 26, 2012, 00:39 Kosumo

Cake of Infinity? wooh, don't you have to bet the Boss at the end of forever to get that?

Did you hack?

Inquisitive
Cake

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 21, 2012, 22:01 Kosumo

COD offline - the bail was to have no contact with the internet.

I felt ashamed at the way the NZ people played the tune that the US FBI called on this one. Althought he may be guilty of crime or civil crimes, the 70 police with guns and helicopters for a guy who no one as accused of violent actions is way over the top.

News Comments > Be Mine Indie Bundle
3. Re: Be Mine Indie Bundle Feb 21, 2012, 17:28 Kosumo

It is the picture of the shark that they took as they jumped over it.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re Daughter of 'Star Wars' creator, fighting for MMA title. Feb 19, 2012, 06:44 Kosumo

Sweet, filmed her first fight in New Zealand back then  

News Comments > Layoffs Strike Starbreeze
4. Re: Layoffs Strike Starbreeze Feb 18, 2012, 00:32 Kosumo

Bingo Donkey Punch - it's the way Peter Jackson likes to make his money movies. (but the Hobbit movies made 3000 jobs! - yeah right lots of 4 weeks jobs in that 3000 and then once done - none yet the government gives them tax breaks so Peter can get richer)

Still we know this is the way thing are done in these industry, I just hate how its made out as thought thats not gonna happen - could they just be honest for once? (if they did they would have to pay employees more to make up for it so they make out that it comes as a suprise and are so sorry)

News Comments > Notch on Psychonauts 2 "Hype"
40. Re: Notch on Psychonauts 2 Feb 17, 2012, 17:24 Kosumo

LOL the Cutter

People who care what Notch says 10,000+

People who care what Cutter says 10 (+ or - 9)

Problem here (and always as been) is that gaming is full of fanbois who see something said and take it as gosspil! Look at the the whole L4D/L4D2 thing and such. Too many people hear what they want to hear without things being totally confrimed. (someone says "I'm thinking about doing X" next thing people are doing the "have you heard, they are doing X"

The whole kickstart thing is heading for tears I'd say already - thought it might have had a few years run of good luck before the shit came on. It's starting to smell already.

Also, I call shit every time someone say "I'll give them x dollars" yesterday it was $100 for wasteland 2 by Beamer (sight unseen, no names attached, today -

TAKE MY MONEY!!! ($5)
Take my fucking money. ($15-$20 I'd be comfortable with)

I call total lies on people stating this.

JUST PAY THE FUCKING MONEY AND DON'T POST CLAIMS THAT YOU ARE/WILL.

News Comments > Wasteland Sequel Kickstart Coming
11. Re: Wasteland Sequel Kickstart Coming Feb 16, 2012, 21:29 Kosumo

A51Abductee wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 21:18:
Tumbler wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 20:42:
Shut up and take my money!!!!!

Yep, this.

Hopefully it doesn't turn into a legal quagmire courtesy of EA.

Ok, so how much have/are you two gonna put in his kick start account? As soon as possible since you say 'take my money'.

I see 3d realm doing this for a shadow warrior sequal before to long.

News Comments > Double Fine Crowdsourcing
27. Re: Double Fine Crowdsourcing Feb 9, 2012, 17:19 Kosumo

ASeven wrote on Feb 9, 2012, 16:19:

Publishers are becoming obsolete and IF these new models survive and catch on despite the usual bumps then it'll be very hard to convince a dev to use a publisher when you can turn to gamers and they'll give you as much money as you need to finish the project.

Total bullshit - gamers giving you as much money as you need to finish the project? Sound like Duke Nukem Forever - they had little to no publisher oversite and look where that ended up. Also L.A. Noire - I'd say (for what I've read) that that game would have failed huge if not for Rockstar input.

While I see this a good for some, it's far from the be all and end all.

It will also be abused by some devs.

(I liken this to when a airport charges you for a departure tax to fund airport up grades - any other business would have to weight up the business case for it and then get a bank loan ..... And since I have to use the airport for work (there is no choice) I must pay - I call this extortion)

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 5, 2012, 16:51 Kosumo

"Gamers ignore corpse in Internet cafe. Thanks Darth Guybrush. Not like he was the worst smelling guy in there…"

Bluesnews - I come for the news, I stay for the lols

Nice Blue. (good luck with superbowl)

News Comments > Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack Tuesday?
9. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack Tuesday? Feb 5, 2012, 16:48 Kosumo

They should be working on a Low-resolution texture pack or be prepared to lose players to Minecraft!  

1969 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo