Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Toddles

Real Name Toddles   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kosumo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 2, 2003, 02:59
Total Comments 1940 (Pro)
User ID 19551

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 12, 2012, 05:27 Kosumo

Their deal got my attentions but was gonna wait abit to see what other ISP start to compete with it.

It's nothing that you cant do anyway, but was a nice offer.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saints Row 3 Standalone Expansion Plans
5. Re: Saints Row 3 Standalone Expansion Plans May 3, 2012, 21:40 Kosumo

EA Tigerwoods PGAXXX 2033 has so much more custom options for your dildo's that I cant see why this would get my attention.

Expect I'm totally over the top with throwing my attention around so it just might.

News Comments > Portal 2 Perpetual Testing Initiative Trailer
17. Re: Portal 2 Perpetual Testing Initiative Trailer Apr 30, 2012, 21:42 Kosumo

NegaDeath wrote on Apr 30, 2012, 21:00:
Saxton Hale is great and all, but will he burn your house down? With the lemons? !

I agree totally!

News Comments > Portal 2 Perpetual Testing Initiative Trailer
15. Re: Portal 2 Perpetual Testing Initiative Trailer Apr 30, 2012, 19:25 Kosumo

There are great Americans, and then there's Cave Johnson! There are great Australians Superpeople, and then there's Saxton Hale!

News Comments > Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned
236. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 14, 2012, 20:31 Kosumo

So you are saying Veterator, that PC games are like the same as anit-aids drugs?

I've never meet a person who would die if they cant get there PC games.

I've meet two who would die sooner if they could not get there anit-aids drugs (which in this country , NZ, and paid for by the goverment)

ENTERTANTMENT is not a right of life.

To steal it is to steal it, not a 'I only stole the beard so my family could eat' type of stealing.

The funny side being that those stealing only help to make less of it in the future.

200. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 11, 2012, 19:15 Kosumo

LOL'S FOR FREEDOM! Punch  

157. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 20:52 Kosumo

Hey EricFate, I'd say that EA does believe that. It's like some people around here think that they have a meeting and say 'piracy made it fail' and then they just all go 'add more DRM next time'.

These companies are making millions, ten's of millions, hundred's of millions making games across all platforms - they are not as dumb and unaware of what works and what does not as some people make out.

They would have never lasted this long and made that much money if they did not turthfully review their own products. I know it popular amongst some to think they are just a bunch of suits looking out for their share holders (which is true on some levels) but to try to say that they don't understand the industry and the relaity in it, is just foolish.

As for that reply from Aseven - I'm indiffent to the artical I linked to, was just using it to illistarte one of the differnetions of "free riding". What do you make of the (2 year old) OECD report into the matter then? (it was in reply to 'show me where it make econmic harm')

137. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 18:38 Kosumo

Kajetan wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 18:04:
Kosumo wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 17:30:
Piracy is real,
Nobody denies it.

it does have a econmic effect on many industries.
Prove it. Show us numbers. It's an economic effect. It should be easy.

Oh, wait. The United States Government Accountability Office couldnt find any reasonable, clear numbers:
http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d10423.pdf

Good luck!

Start with this if you like - OECD Piracy Link

I also have read a report into the cost of illeagly steaming of live sports events of which I worked on and the cost to the company I was working for - put at around $23,000NZD for that one event. This was a private report so I cant share it with you.

The event still made plenty of plenty of money, but the company is more worried about more and more people "free riding" and therefore over time making these event uneconomic.

*free riding - http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_3.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_rider_problem

119. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 17:30 Kosumo

Or Al Lowe (of Lesure Suit Larry) saying how back in the day they sold more hint books than copies of that game.

Why do you need a hint book if your a pirate just having a look but you anit gonna play it any real amount of time?

Piracy is real, it does have a econmic effect on many industries.

To think otherwise is being nievie (shocking spelling sorry)

News Comments > Jane Jensen's Kickstarter
2. Re: Jane Jensen's Kickstarter Apr 4, 2012, 22:48 Kosumo

Not if you make it about jumping over sharks.  

News Comments > Ubisoft TMs 1666
3. Re: Ubisoft TMs 1666 Mar 13, 2012, 22:20 Kosumo

Like like the mission - Baby Soup - where you save the babies by putting them in the water towers.

Too much?

News Comments > Scrolls Will Be Scrolls
22. Re: Scrolls Will Be Scrolls Mar 11, 2012, 21:06 Kosumo

http://www.minecraft.net/stats ==== total balls in the face!!

As a person who enjoys and does play minecraft (at times, then no minecraft for months then back on) I'm amazed at those stats!

Good on them. (it's more than just Notch now)

Also in point to Devs "Also, at least half his money went away to taxes." How do you know that? Are you just saying Sweden(?) has a flat %50 tax rate with no rebates for company cost i.e. buying more things/hiring workers?

If he is not putting each and every dollar of his profit into his personal bank account but is still part of his company (worth alot, but not a realized return) he could well be paying way less taxes than you say.

Do you have a good understanding of his taxes or do you just think that?

News Comments > First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots
20. Re: First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots Mar 11, 2012, 19:47 Kosumo

I agree %100 with Jerykk on this. This should be total arcade like - you get points for running people over - thats cool if it's over the top, thats not cool at all if its realistic!

Arcade can still be realistic-like but should stay it the realm of 'over-the-top-fun'

Why don't you think that that muffler anit for the in game nitro boost?

News Comments > CD Project RED Dropping All DRM
34. Re: CD Project RED Dropping All DRM Mar 9, 2012, 16:54 Kosumo

InBlack wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 04:48:
Kosumo wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 00:30:
So they have gone F2P?

Hope that works out for them.

"We release the game. It's cracked in two hours, it was no time for Witcher 2."

Still feeling snarky? Next time, read the blurb as well as the headline. You probably wont end up making a complete fool out of yourself.

I'd rather be a complete fool than a half pie one.

I read and understood the story, my point being that if they are only worried about their paying customers, and I have no intention of paying them (never played any of their games) they are taking away any road blocks (no matter how small) to people grabbing this for free and then say that they feel justify doing so due to there being no protection in place.

This could be a good thing for them in the way that their product may get seen by a greater number of people. The down side is that people my just see this as "free to play" due to no protection what so ever.

It's like a pay music event in the open with no fences, no security. Overtime the number of people who did not pay to get in becomes so large that those would did pay start to resent it and in future don't pay.

(I have seen this in real life with an event that lasted 4 years till they where making to big a loss to go on despite more and more people attending).

Just the opinion of a complete fool Dunce

News Comments > NPD Shows 20% Drop
9. Re: NPD Shows 20% Drop Mar 9, 2012, 04:06 Kosumo

Dev wrote on Mar 8, 2012, 20:51:
So there we go, thats my wild guesses based on a few facts.

Not bad, but I'd like it more wild and more guesses and cut that facts down to two with one being about God.

[VG]Reagle wrote on Mar 8, 2012, 21:42:

I could wipe my ass

I call you bluff, come on then, do it.

News Comments > CD Project RED Dropping All DRM
13. Re: CD Project RED Dropping All DRM Mar 9, 2012, 00:30 Kosumo

So they have gone F2P?

Hope that works out for them.

News Comments > Valve Worth $3B?
2. Re: Valve Worth $3B? Mar 7, 2012, 21:20 Kosumo

I hope he uses this fame to do a kickstart for Half-life 3  

News Comments > Molyneux Quits Lionhead
35. Re: Molyneux Quits Lionhead Mar 7, 2012, 16:31 Kosumo

Lorcin wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 10:35:
wtf_man wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 10:13:
I believe EA owns Populous... so i doubt we'd see a modern rendition, unless EA decides to take the plunge.

They're working on it atm - going to be a new cover based FPS.

But at lest it does not have regenerating health - if you need more health there is a DLC for you!

News Comments > SimCity 5 Revealed?
13. Re: Sim City 5 Revealed? Mar 1, 2012, 02:14 Kosumo

Be cool if it went all the way down to ant level - like Sim Ant.  

News Comments > SimCity 5 Revealed?
10. Re: Sim City 5 Revealed? Feb 29, 2012, 23:41 Kosumo

Some no-name game getting a 5th sequel, Can see this being the end for EA. Dunce  

1940 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo