Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
User Settings
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Tampa, FL 10/09
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Toddles

Real Name Toddles   
Search for:
Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:
Nickname Kosumo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 2, 2003, 02:59
Total Comments 2284 (Senior)
User ID 19551
User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Videos
17. Re: Fallout 4 Videos Sep 17, 2015, 00:47 Kosumo
Rattlehead wrote on Sep 16, 2015, 23:32:
GinRummy wrote on Sep 16, 2015, 22:40:
So much hate. Am I the only person who not only enjoyed Wasteland, and then Fallout 1 and 2 back in the day, and also later enjoyed FO3 and New Vegas? Yes, some of the play styles were different and arguing over real time FPS versus turned based isometric is just stupid. Skyrim, Wasteland 2 and Witcher 3 were also played to completion with much enjoyment. FO4 is def gonna be one of my very few full price release day buys, maybe even with the season pass which I don't think I've ever gotten without being on sale.

That's the norm around, a bunch of elitist old timers who can't stand anything new because it's all boils down to "lol consolitis"

What a couple of pathetic post* - can either of you point out where the hateful post are? There was one, maybe two No negivite post - the rest where just comments.

Just cos other people are not glad clapping just cos of some videos does not make them 'hate' post.

"The norm around here" as in your mind (with your stero types). Get a grip. This is a comment section of Bluesnews - deal with the fact that others think diffently than you, and are welcome too - It's mend to be a free world, you should be able to deal with that, your not a child.

So what post numbers where hateful? (apart form 17 which was hatefull of those who are uncapable of dealing with diffening opinions without having a cry)

*I agree with what GinRummy was saying about enjoying all those games, just not starting it with 'so much hate' when there is none.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
News Comments > Fallout 4 Videos
11. Re: Fallout 4 Videos Sep 16, 2015, 20:16 Kosumo
harlock wrote on Sep 16, 2015, 18:16:
Grand Cry Fallout Creed!!!

I want to get the 'Arkham Black Ops' DLC as well - should I get the season pass? - Does that come with a concept ship? Beadyeyes
News Comments > Quote of the Day
34. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 15, 2015, 00:48 Kosumo
I'd rather Naughty Dog do a Keef The Thief remake.

Anyone here remember that? I loved that game. Great intro music that I still remember to this day.

Keef the Thief on Amiga (emulated)
News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2015, 04:58 Kosumo
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 00:26:
It's a weird thing to bitch about the drug companies.

I get that they are trying to make more money and therefore pushing drugs on to doctors to prescribe to people..

but at the same time, they're funding most of the research into new drugs and coming up with some miraculous shit (usually not what they were intending, but still).

I mean, I watched my mother survive a lot longer than she would have when her kidneys were failing. It was quite insane to watch someone swell with fluids because their body cannot drain them and then get this concoction which starts the kidneys back up.

So personally, I think the "evil" comes with lots of "good" because it's usually up to the doctor to decide what to follow. Go spend some time in the ICU/Emergency of your local hospital to see what a difference those drugs make.

I hear what you are saying and agree somewhat. But if drug and medical care is so important why not get drug R&D done by governments or with government grants so that there is no profit motive invoiled.

I have found it really sad how many people attacked Obama over his attemps to change the American system of health care.

I know, sound a bit commie but in some cases the good of the whole is more important than the greed of a few.

I live in a country (NZ) that is facing changes to how we, as a country, buy our drugs (which are cheap due to government subsides) if we end up with agreeing to the Transpacific Trade Parenteship deal due to America and their drug companies.
News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 13, 2015, 20:19 Kosumo
Talutha wrote on Sep 13, 2015, 19:00:
I would actually be very interested to see Steam vs numbers. I would have to say would have to be close if not higher than Steam. Does anyone know anyone that hasn't played World of Warcraft, Hearthstone or Diablo 3? Plus when I played WoW quite a few of my guildmates played on a Mac. In addition to that Hearthstone is on iOS and Android. Would be very interesting numbers to say the least. But like others have said, obviously Blizzard has no reason to use Steam or GoG because their platform is so successful.

I have played none of those 3 games. I'm a long time (30ish years) gamer.
News Comments > Star Citizen August Update; Audio Video
65. Re: Star Citizen August Update; Audio Video Sep 11, 2015, 06:09 Kosumo
More classic Star Cultizens Lols

Big Ben is the Big man.
57. Re: Star Citizen August Update; Audio Video Sep 9, 2015, 22:01 Kosumo
Sounds like debate is not tolerated or wanted there. If they have confidence in their product they should welcome it.

Seem they are more happy with an echo chamber of people repeating everything that Chris or his PR people says as gospel. Ben 'weeks, not months' Lensick is like the lead desciple. Does he understand that after 8 weeks, it will become months not weeks?

Anyway, sure there is another ship sale happening soon so the real true believers can collect more.

And how is that idea about sell UCE (space money) for real money after release looking? How foolish is every other MMO for never realising that that's all you have to do. Chris is a Genius!
News Comments > Morning Interviews
21. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 9, 2015, 01:25 Kosumo
Well, as Kxmode as posted in another tread - it looks like CIG have imposed a fingers in the ears polices on their forums.

Nothing to hide, just those nasty trolls ruining the money train for Chris.
53. Re: Star Citizen August Update; Audio Video Sep 9, 2015, 01:16 Kosumo
Woo, totally cult land now.

Starting to think that Tom Cruse will be in the game as the supmerme leader.

They must be starting to shit big time for them to do this, it's like a red rag to a bull to anyone who was doubting what was going on.

Funny how they had to add two edits to this post. Goes to show how much though they put it to this stuff before they open their mouths.

Kxmode, you have so dodged a bullet by getting your money back, well done.
19. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 8, 2015, 18:14 Kosumo
Yep, but with politicians, they at lest get to make the rule for wither what they done is illegal or not. I don't think Chris is going to find he has that power.  
15. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 8, 2015, 16:26 Kosumo
My favourite quote form their 'panel of dreams'

•They will get balance right

HAHAHAHHAH super lols at that.

They have no idea what the fuck they are doing. This, if it is every released, will have all the balance of a drink toddler on a unicycle on a boat in a raging storm with 30 foot waves.

They aren't even trying to keep the lies within the realms of 'if we are lucky', now it's totally blanat in your face lies to get more money off the cultist.

Chris 'I have a plan - its to get money then make a plan' Roberts - Clown in charge.
News Comments > Steam Top Nine
21. Re: Steam Top Nine Sep 6, 2015, 21:54 Kosumo
Christ Roberts is the King Troll - he trolls the wallet.  
News Comments > Star Citizen Social Module Released
183. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Sep 3, 2015, 05:59 Kosumo
Thanks for your reply.

So you would agree that so far there has been no particular exceptional gameplay of any kind?

To me, that is what he should have been aiming for and could have done at a much more lower level of 'fidelity' in line with his original pitch for the game. (by lower level, it still would have been graphical nice, just not over the top - his making this for the future PC as apposed to the current PC)

By him talking this up, he has only boxed himself into a corner.

The whole getting out of you ship and walking to the bar will most likely get bland very quickly no matter now much 'fidelity' it has. He is shooting for a movie like experance when really he should be try to make a great game experience (of which he has shown nothing of so far)

The whole 'fidelity' thing is totally over blown, it's now a rod for his back that is really not important for a BDSSE - it's more a sign of how he wish he was making movies.

Minecraft, Team Fortress 2, Papers Please, Hotline Miami and many other games show that it's the gameplay that rules.

I'm don't really care that much either way because although I don't really get into space sims, I have enjoyed some over the years because I'm a gamer and like to try diffent game. (Elite, Freelance). What I don't like is how I believe that he has put getting more money form promising thing to people which I don't believe he can delivied. (It's Faith based)

It's like other game makers form the past who made great games but can't repeat it now. Times have changed and just because people have nostailga for your old games, does not mean that you can make something as relevant again. There is a whole list of those people whom I can't really be bother listing but I'm sure you know the type.

Duke Nukem 3d was a great game, the same guys with all that money could not make anything close to it as time went on.

This comment was edited on Sep 3, 2015, 06:04.
179. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Sep 3, 2015, 02:42 Kosumo
That all nice and dandy there Scheherazade, but it's not the only way things are done. Your solar panel example is one (a silly, computer programmer) way of achieving that goal. My best mate of 27 years who owns a persition (high end) engineering company that has a staff of about 50 who makes machines that make and package food stuff all over the world would be able to tell you at the start how long the job will take, how much it will cost - with the understanding of the problems that may arise.

Why can't Chris Roberts estimate the time that this project will take with any kind of accuracy?

How about they make all those 'locations' then work on your steps 2&3 only for Chris to then turn around and want to change those 'locations' - like how they have redone some ships multipy times? That's what I think is happening here, just like on Chris projects in the past. He is undisaplied. In this case with 'pre-order pledge' money.

Also, what about your claims of those 500 people working on it? You got anything to back that up/explain it?

The fact that you agree that they need to keep getting in more funds only goes to show how Derek is right when he points to it being like a Ponzi scheme - they have use early backer money to make/make concepts of ships to sell to get more money. A very scummy way to fund development. He should have taken the early 20 - 50 million and made a more simple, lest 'fidelity' game to show that he can make a fun game. As it is, all he is really doing is making pretty graphics with not solid gameplay to back any of it up.

The BDSSE will be because of the gameplay, not because of the graphics.

Can you point to him having shown any great gameplay yet?

Despite him going on that the Star Marine FPS module is being held up because of the networking/animaions, I don't believe him, I recon that he knows that the gameplay of the module is what is really lacking and he is trying to buy time in the hope of being able to get some kind of FPS that has some character to it that delivers more than just a simple counter strike in space knock off.

I don't believe he understands how to do this - I'm sure he has a vision of what it should be - and that vision is probly quite cool for the style he is after. I just don't think it's as easy to do as he thought it would be.

I could go on (as I do) but at this point I will just hit the ball back to the other side of the court.
172. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Sep 2, 2015, 19:24 Kosumo
Hey Derek, whats you view, and your legal teams view, of the way that RSI 'sells/pledges' for internet spaceships for a game that is not yet out and how they have also started 'selling/pledges' for concepts of said non-excistant internet spaceships?  
169. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Sep 2, 2015, 17:32 Kosumo
Scheherazade wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 14:00:
Of the 500 people paid for by SC cash, what makes you so sure that none of them are making content for those other 98 systems?

What 500 hundred people are those? I think you have drunk to much of the Kool-Aid and it's making delusional. (that and the money you have spent on ships is making you want to believe that.)

To quote the Polygon article for a few days ago.

"There's little doubt that the 255 people working at Star Citizen publisher Cloud Imperium Games are putting in the hours to get the game done, and that Roberts is living in a state of perpetual crunch."

Are you going to tell me that there are another 245 people work on this at subcontractors?

If they are truly paying for 500 people to be working on this across the board, they would be spending somewhere in the reigon of $150,000 to $250,000 dollars a day - that's 4.5 million to 7.5 million a month - 54 million to 90 million a year.

I know at times they have floated that number (500 working on it) to make it sound huge and impressive but I don't think they all working on it all this time - for exsample, those who where working on the motion 'performance' shoot at Imagaturiame (or whatever it's called), are not working on it now. They are done (until Chris needs to reshoot his animation again - which will cost again). The folk at Illfonic (which was only in the 20 - 35 range) are mostly moving on to other things.

That number of 500 is very much another Chris Roberts fudging of things, sale pitch. (he most likely counts the cleaning contractors - about 10 to 20 across his 4 location studio) as part of the team. (oh, and the personal cook that Derek claims he has and the taxi driver he used that one time.)

Please, point out to me where the other non-CIG people are.
News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 1, 2015, 19:18 Kosumo
What the hell is going on with Star Citizen? .... Christ Roberts is bending it over the table, like he is to his Cultizens.

Beware Chris's 'Grabby hands', he is looking to 'concept' money out of your wallet.

p.s. Well written, even handed article - unlike my wimmsical comments.
News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2015, 05:57 Kosumo
Welcome to the comments Strider83, have a smile face - Welcome  
127. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Sep 1, 2015, 05:30 Kosumo
El Pit wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 04:50:
InBlack wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 04:16:
Wake me up when they release Squadron42 or anything that actually resembles an actual game. Until then, bye.

By this you're saying you're leaving for good. Say it isn't so!

Well, we can wake him up when Christ Roberts is telling his cell mate, Babba, about how cool the Vangaurd internet spaceship will be and how Derek Smart is a big bad meanie 'Who name we shalt say'. If that day does ever come, I would imagine that some of his hardcore Cultizen will plan an 'operation pitchfork 2' to free him for the feds
117. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 31, 2015, 20:46 Kosumo
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 20:19:
Hump wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 19:59:
*looks in on thread....shakes head and wonders wtf happened to Blues comment section.....then realizes it was always a cluster fuck*
The comments section reminds me of drunks setting at a bar solving all of the worlds problems.
But by the end of the evening they can't find their car keys.

Well, if we are gonna get home safe then, I think we should prebook a concept taxi spaceship form RSI for only ten times it's real value.
2284 Comments. 115 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News logo