Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Toddles

Real Name Toddles   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kosumo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 2, 2003, 02:59
Total Comments 2231 (Senior)
User ID 19551

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Social Module Released
179. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Sep 3, 2015, 02:42 Kosumo

That all nice and dandy there Scheherazade, but it's not the only way things are done. Your solar panel example is one (a silly, computer programmer) way of achieving that goal. My best mate of 27 years who owns a persition (high end) engineering company that has a staff of about 50 who makes machines that make and package food stuff all over the world would be able to tell you at the start how long the job will take, how much it will cost - with the understanding of the problems that may arise.

Why can't Chris Roberts estimate the time that this project will take with any kind of accuracy?

How about they make all those 'locations' then work on your steps 2&3 only for Chris to then turn around and want to change those 'locations' - like how they have redone some ships multipy times? That's what I think is happening here, just like on Chris projects in the past. He is undisaplied. In this case with 'pre-order pledge' money.

Also, what about your claims of those 500 people working on it? You got anything to back that up/explain it?

The fact that you agree that they need to keep getting in more funds only goes to show how Derek is right when he points to it being like a Ponzi scheme - they have use early backer money to make/make concepts of ships to sell to get more money. A very scummy way to fund development. He should have taken the early 20 - 50 million and made a more simple, lest 'fidelity' game to show that he can make a fun game. As it is, all he is really doing is making pretty graphics with not solid gameplay to back any of it up.

The BDSSE will be because of the gameplay, not because of the graphics.

Can you point to him having shown any great gameplay yet?

Despite him going on that the Star Marine FPS module is being held up because of the networking/animaions, I don't believe him, I recon that he knows that the gameplay of the module is what is really lacking and he is trying to buy time in the hope of being able to get some kind of FPS that has some character to it that delivers more than just a simple counter strike in space knock off.

I don't believe he understands how to do this - I'm sure he has a vision of what it should be - and that vision is probly quite cool for the style he is after. I just don't think it's as easy to do as he thought it would be.

I could go on (as I do) but at this point I will just hit the ball back to the other side of the court.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

172. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Sep 2, 2015, 19:24 Kosumo

Hey Derek, whats you view, and your legal teams view, of the way that RSI 'sells/pledges' for internet spaceships for a game that is not yet out and how they have also started 'selling/pledges' for concepts of said non-excistant internet spaceships?  

169. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Sep 2, 2015, 17:32 Kosumo

Scheherazade wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 14:00:
Of the 500 people paid for by SC cash, what makes you so sure that none of them are making content for those other 98 systems?
-scheherazade

What 500 hundred people are those? I think you have drunk to much of the Kool-Aid and it's making delusional. (that and the money you have spent on ships is making you want to believe that.)

To quote the Polygon article for a few days ago.

"There's little doubt that the 255 people working at Star Citizen publisher Cloud Imperium Games are putting in the hours to get the game done, and that Roberts is living in a state of perpetual crunch."

Are you going to tell me that there are another 245 people work on this at subcontractors?

If they are truly paying for 500 people to be working on this across the board, they would be spending somewhere in the reigon of $150,000 to $250,000 dollars a day - that's 4.5 million to 7.5 million a month - 54 million to 90 million a year.

I know at times they have floated that number (500 working on it) to make it sound huge and impressive but I don't think they all working on it all this time - for exsample, those who where working on the motion 'performance' shoot at Imagaturiame (or whatever it's called), are not working on it now. They are done (until Chris needs to reshoot his animation again - which will cost again). The folk at Illfonic (which was only in the 20 - 35 range) are mostly moving on to other things.

That number of 500 is very much another Chris Roberts fudging of things, sale pitch. (he most likely counts the cleaning contractors - about 10 to 20 across his 4 location studio) as part of the team. (oh, and the personal cook that Derek claims he has and the taxi driver he used that one time.)

Please, point out to me where the other non-CIG people are.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 1, 2015, 19:18 Kosumo

What the hell is going on with Star Citizen? .... Christ Roberts is bending it over the table, like he is to his Cultizens.

Beware Chris's 'Grabby hands', he is looking to 'concept' money out of your wallet.

p.s. Well written, even handed article - unlike my wimmsical comments.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2015, 05:57 Kosumo

Welcome to the comments Strider83, have a smile face - Welcome  

127. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Sep 1, 2015, 05:30 Kosumo

El Pit wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 04:50:
InBlack wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 04:16:
Wake me up when they release Squadron42 or anything that actually resembles an actual game. Until then, bye.

By this you're saying you're leaving for good. Say it isn't so!

Well, we can wake him up when Christ Roberts is telling his cell mate, Babba, about how cool the Vangaurd internet spaceship will be and how Derek Smart is a big bad meanie 'Who name we shalt say'. If that day does ever come, I would imagine that some of his hardcore Cultizen will plan an 'operation pitchfork 2' to free him for the feds

117. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 31, 2015, 20:46 Kosumo

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 20:19:
Hump wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 19:59:
*looks in on thread....shakes head and wonders wtf happened to Blues comment section.....then realizes it was always a cluster fuck*
The comments section reminds me of drunks setting at a bar solving all of the worlds problems.
But by the end of the evening they can't find their car keys.

Well, if we are gonna get home safe then, I think we should prebook a concept taxi spaceship form RSI for only ten times it's real value.

39. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 30, 2015, 22:29 Kosumo

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 17:11:

Do I sense another limited edition ship sale in the near future?

No, just a limited concept* ship sale for between $250 and $280 dollars for a game that is still not made.

*concept - not even yet virtual real, every thing many, and will change, just give us your money you fools.

RSI and Christ Roberts are scum of the highest order.

36. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 30, 2015, 21:02 Kosumo

Quboid wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 20:59:
* Derek Smart slaps Chris Roberts around a bit with a large trout

Trout says "leave me out of this"

News Comments > Cities: Skylines - After Dark Trailer
3. Re: Cities: Skylines - After Dark Trailer Aug 28, 2015, 23:25 Kosumo

It's like what you would have wanted in SimCity but without EA getting any of your money!!  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: FUCKNUTS Aug 28, 2015, 19:31 Kosumo

Dean 'I packed a big spaz cos the New Zealand government would not subsidize me' Hall? Is it that Dean Hall?

Why should they subsidize you to make a game studio that is going to not seek to make games that heaps of people will play?

P.S. Has he every finished a project that he has started yet?

News Comments > More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen
216. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 28, 2015, 17:16 Kosumo

Well those tyre's are a real physical good that you can use today on a car that is real and is finished .... as for Chris Roberts internet ships ... well ... yeah.

I was always wondering why Star Citizen fanboys always talked about 'grabby hands', I was like what the fuck are those? Now I know, it's Chris Roberts grabby hands going straight for his cult members wallets.

News Comments > Big Pharma Released
9. Re: Big Pharma Released Aug 28, 2015, 17:10 Kosumo

Well the blurb that Blue posted tells me nothing about the actual game, only you should buy cos we tried really really hard.

meh

General Discussion > BluesNews 2015/2016 NFL Picks
3. No subject Aug 27, 2015, 19:36 Kosumo

Thanks Bats

I'd like to join in but will be busy working and traveling so would miss to many weeks but I do enjoy watching everyone else picks.

Have Fun all.

201. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 27, 2015, 03:10 Kosumo

OK, I'm feeling there has now been a turning in the sub-reddit of support for Star Citizen over this.

Where as negitave comment where often down voted, on this they are getting up voted.

Thinking that there will be damage control post trying to down play this soon.

I hope that Chris Roberts fires Ben 'dancing planet' Lesnick over this just so we can then see just what a great, loyal guy Chris is when the pressures is on. (I doubt it was Ben 'Chris's Goebbels' Lesnick idea, but he will be the fall guy)

The crack is expanding down the dam now, towards the foundations, just a matter of time (not the CIG time neither)

200. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 27, 2015, 00:52 Kosumo

Kxmode wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 23:00:
nin wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 22:47:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 22:43:
I think this song pretty much sums it up.

Is that Pete's Dragon? Hell of a flashback to my childhood...

It is!

And Dr. Terminus is Chris Roberts pitching his "quack potions" to unsuspecting backers.

Star Citizenoligy Plotting

194. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 26, 2015, 19:30 Kosumo

Hey Derek, where's the lawsuit?

I thought depending on the response to your letter, it would be filed immediately. Did you just say that to sound scary?

off the Derek topic - some funny shit happerning over on the Star Citizen forums with people doing a WTF over planet Ben suggesting that they may sell the 'leftover' Glaives form Gamescon with many backers see this as just another time that CIG is going back on their word (I believe that there was to be just 1000 of these - with the 2000 Gamescon attendes have a option to also buy one if they wanted - and hey, at just $350 they are a steal!) Link to the Lol's of the faithful/faithless

Just like the limited Life Time Insurance that was only for those early backers that then returned because hey the people wanted it again!

Thank God (or Christ Roberts) that they found more bits and bytes.

This comment was edited on Aug 26, 2015, 21:15.

186. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 26, 2015, 07:55 Kosumo

ROFL Laugh Laugh2  

132. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 25, 2015, 04:25 Kosumo

Is it just me or when they say that all of this has not been done before, all I can think of is AC:Black flag, where you can seamlessly go form ship (pirate ship) to land (islands) to underwater and into sword fighting to running (pakkor) and many other thing, although in 3rd person. (plus the first person parts - although that had a load screen/break)

AC Black Flag was also made with many diffent studios (all Ubisoft) but had a publisher overseeing it.

It's the only Assassin Creed game I have played and I really enjoyed it (coming from a Sid Meier Pirates! fan)

The only diffence I see is that they are talking about it being multi player. (which is a massive diffenace I will admit)

News Comments > Some Star Citizen Refunds
89. Re: Some Star Citizen Refunds Aug 25, 2015, 04:15 Kosumo

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 14:19:
I don't like the business model but I accept it as a necessary evil. Were it EA or Ubisoft, which do have the money for such a project, I wouldn't have any tolerance for it.

What will be interesting is how funding is handled after release, as the introduction of subscriptions or F2P mechanics is not acceptable. I'm okay with them continuing to sell ship bundles for new users and new concept ships and expansions; I'm not okay with mandatory subscriptions and am opposed to the policy of allowing people to buy in-game credit (which is currently the case).

I sorry that you think that there could ever be necessary evil - any evil is evil and if you can see it but choose to do nothing about it you are letting evil into your life.

Since you are prepared to allow the 'necessary evil' to hopefully get what you want, Star Citizen/SQ42, your oppersion to the selling of in game cash once the game goes live (which is totally agaist any kind of fair play) is of little concern.

You are happy to support the game although you can see some of the funding mode is far from pure (the fact that some people will start with so much more than others will in it self be a large turn off to many would be new players) dispite Chris saying that it is all good and the way it should be.

So many thing wrong with this game/scam as I have seen even you point out on other forums that it is amazing that you still come out to bat for it.

I don't think anyone is waiting to say "I told you so", I think most of use are just keen to see it stop and for others to be informed before they pay heaps of money for internet spaceships for a game that is still not out.

2231 Comments. 112 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo