Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Toddles

Real Name Toddles   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kosumo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 2, 2003, 02:59
Total Comments 2218 (Senior)
User ID 19551

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

General Discussion > BluesNews 2015/2016 NFL Picks
3. No subject Aug 27, 2015, 19:36 Kosumo

Thanks Bats

I'd like to join in but will be busy working and traveling so would miss to many weeks but I do enjoy watching everyone else picks.

Have Fun all.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen
201. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 27, 2015, 03:10 Kosumo

OK, I'm feeling there has now been a turning in the sub-reddit of support for Star Citizen over this.

Where as negitave comment where often down voted, on this they are getting up voted.

Thinking that there will be damage control post trying to down play this soon.

I hope that Chris Roberts fires Ben 'dancing planet' Lesnick over this just so we can then see just what a great, loyal guy Chris is when the pressures is on. (I doubt it was Ben 'Chris's Goebbels' Lesnick idea, but he will be the fall guy)

The crack is expanding down the dam now, towards the foundations, just a matter of time (not the CIG time neither)

200. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 27, 2015, 00:52 Kosumo

Kxmode wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 23:00:
nin wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 22:47:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 22:43:
I think this song pretty much sums it up.

Is that Pete's Dragon? Hell of a flashback to my childhood...

It is!

And Dr. Terminus is Chris Roberts pitching his "quack potions" to unsuspecting backers.

Star Citizenoligy Plotting

194. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 26, 2015, 19:30 Kosumo

Hey Derek, where's the lawsuit?

I thought depending on the response to your letter, it would be filed immediately. Did you just say that to sound scary?

off the Derek topic - some funny shit happerning over on the Star Citizen forums with people doing a WTF over planet Ben suggesting that they may sell the 'leftover' Glaives form Gamescon with many backers see this as just another time that CIG is going back on their word (I believe that there was to be just 1000 of these - with the 2000 Gamescon attendes have a option to also buy one if they wanted - and hey, at just $350 they are a steal!) Link to the Lol's of the faithful/faithless

Just like the limited Life Time Insurance that was only for those early backers that then returned because hey the people wanted it again!

Thank God (or Christ Roberts) that they found more bits and bytes.

This comment was edited on Aug 26, 2015, 21:15.

186. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 26, 2015, 07:55 Kosumo

ROFL Laugh Laugh2  

132. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 25, 2015, 04:25 Kosumo

Is it just me or when they say that all of this has not been done before, all I can think of is AC:Black flag, where you can seamlessly go form ship (pirate ship) to land (islands) to underwater and into sword fighting to running (pakkor) and many other thing, although in 3rd person. (plus the first person parts - although that had a load screen/break)

AC Black Flag was also made with many diffent studios (all Ubisoft) but had a publisher overseeing it.

It's the only Assassin Creed game I have played and I really enjoyed it (coming from a Sid Meier Pirates! fan)

The only diffence I see is that they are talking about it being multi player. (which is a massive diffenace I will admit)

News Comments > Some Star Citizen Refunds
89. Re: Some Star Citizen Refunds Aug 25, 2015, 04:15 Kosumo

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 14:19:
I don't like the business model but I accept it as a necessary evil. Were it EA or Ubisoft, which do have the money for such a project, I wouldn't have any tolerance for it.

What will be interesting is how funding is handled after release, as the introduction of subscriptions or F2P mechanics is not acceptable. I'm okay with them continuing to sell ship bundles for new users and new concept ships and expansions; I'm not okay with mandatory subscriptions and am opposed to the policy of allowing people to buy in-game credit (which is currently the case).

I sorry that you think that there could ever be necessary evil - any evil is evil and if you can see it but choose to do nothing about it you are letting evil into your life.

Since you are prepared to allow the 'necessary evil' to hopefully get what you want, Star Citizen/SQ42, your oppersion to the selling of in game cash once the game goes live (which is totally agaist any kind of fair play) is of little concern.

You are happy to support the game although you can see some of the funding mode is far from pure (the fact that some people will start with so much more than others will in it self be a large turn off to many would be new players) dispite Chris saying that it is all good and the way it should be.

So many thing wrong with this game/scam as I have seen even you point out on other forums that it is amazing that you still come out to bat for it.

I don't think anyone is waiting to say "I told you so", I think most of use are just keen to see it stop and for others to be informed before they pay heaps of money for internet spaceships for a game that is still not out.

123. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 25, 2015, 02:30 Kosumo

I can't wait for the legal module, should be uber.  

110. Re: What We Have Here Is A Failure To Communicate Aug 24, 2015, 20:02 Kosumo

Having seen the title "Interstellar Breach" I was thinking it would be more sodomy based.

It came across more erectile disfuctional with a lot of pillow talk.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2015, 03:51 Kosumo

Kxmode, I think you should really start to think twice before you spend money, sounds like you don't even think what you are doing and you just press buy.

It's no wonder that you just about spent a grand on Star Citizen.

You keep using the refund system like that and I would not be amazed to see them just flat out refuse you all refund if not to just decided not to do busness with you any more.

Do you understand what abuse is? It was super clear that all of those Ubisoft games used Uplay and their DRM.

Looks like they DID get you 60 dollars in the end.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 23, 2015, 22:57 Kosumo

Rigs wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 20:58:
Tom wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 20:31:
Slashman wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 19:07:
Wth happened in this thread??? Headscratch
Dude proud of his superior technical expertise wonders why ARK and other mediocre-at-best games run like crap on his computer. Someone correctly points out that it's because his computer suuuuucks. He goes ballistic. Typical forum nastiness ensues.

Gotta love it.

Yup, totally what happened.

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 20:06:
Maybe we should rather do the tl;dr version then....

Awww, I dragged the crayons out and everything...Well, I guess we got lucky because 'Tom' (who isn't Krovven, btw) did a great job of breaking things down in a completely not-false, efficient and easy-to-read manner. Good for him! Now I can put my 27 cents to something exciting...

=-Rigs-=

If I was you, I'd save that 27 cent cos then you can give us you 2 cents worth 13 and a half times.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2015, 18:04 Kosumo

Watched the tanker video and all I could think of is old game call "Ports of Call" in which you would have to do that excated thing.

Was a shipping management game on Amiga.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2015, 18:01 Kosumo

That GTA image (it's a gif/video really) is super funny but also show how good the game is in that each of the flashlights are then a object with mass and physics.

Christian Slater is great in True Romance (very good film) and also in the best Tom Cruse movie - Interview with A Vampire (I have not seen some other Tom Cruse movies that other rate highly - Mangnola, vinila sky's ect.)

My problem with Tom Cruse in movies is when I see him I think Tom Cruse not whatever character he is playing (some exception like above and Tropical Thunder)

About to watch that Tanker video.

80. Re: Some Star Citizen Refunds Aug 23, 2015, 02:25 Kosumo

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 09:34:
Kosumo wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 04:23:
Fidelity does not equal great gameplay.
I didn't suggest otherwise.

Yes you did, otherwise what did you mean by this?

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 03:10:
We're all well aware of the delays. What matters is whether the end game is decent and that looks to be the case now more than ever. Go back and watch the original pitch then watch the Gamescom demo - the fidelity is far beyond what was originally shown.

Because the 'gameplay*' in the kickstarter video looks better still than the 'gameplay*' in that Gamescom demo.

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 09:34:
The game was always based around selling 'internet spaceships', continuing that is perfectly in-line with the original pitch on Kickstarter. Accepting more money to make the game better isn't 'being greedy', it's what most backers want.

If that is true, and it's what the backers want then why don't people just fund him more money without get spaceships in return?

I bet if there where not always a new better internet spaceship FOR SALE, then the money would stop. Ergo, adding new ships (which have made some old one subpar from what I've heard) is total GREED.

You say fidelity a lot, like Chris as brainwashed you. It's his buzzword and also his excuse.

panbient wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 09:41:
Decent? DECENT?!?! Decent does not sound like a valid adjective for what has been routinely quoted as the Best Damn Space Sim Ever! Fidelity is worthless if the underlying framework can barely support it. It's like those douchebags who get a Ferrari body on top of a Honda Civic chassis. Sure it 'looks' like a Ferrari... but it's not a Ferrari.

Totally %100 right, well put panbient

*by gameplay, I mean the video showing Chris vision - I know it was moreso just a prerendered trailer, where as the Gamescon demo was at best a tech demo that looked very rought gameplay wise.

79. Re: Some Star Citizen Refunds Aug 23, 2015, 01:59 Kosumo

Oh no, someone is gonna get breached

"I'm breached, breached as bro"

"Bro, Your totally breached"

Incrimiating Video

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
1163. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Aug 22, 2015, 21:18 Kosumo

My second try at epic last word  

71. Re: Some Star Citizen Refunds Aug 22, 2015, 04:23 Kosumo

Fidelity does not equal great gameplay.

When you say Half-life 2 or Doom 4 or whatever else took x amount of time, what you should keep in mind is that to the best of my mind, none of those games had been taking money, large amounts of money form people before they knew what the end product was going to be. They where companies that took on the risk themselves. They where free to do as they pleased.

With Chris Roberts, he made statements about what he was going to make and when it was going to be released, and took peoples money (sometimes many times the price of a AAA game). Not only did he not release it anytime close to when he had said, he changed what he was going to make.

To this day he has failed to deliver on many of the thing he said.

To top all that off, he has a long track record of not delivering on what he said he will.

You have even admitted that the way he as been selling internet spaceships is a neccercy evil - it not neccesery, he could have had a go at making good on his promises when he was at the ~$20 million mark but no, he's greedy and wanted more money which has not in anyway help him focus on making a good game (you know the it's the gameplay that makes a great game/BDSSE, not the graphics).

He has mismanaged this form day one. And that is why no publisher would even give him two cents.

But hey, if you believe him about how it's all going to super duper great and believe there is 'evidence of much more substantial content coming' (where is that evidence?) then full you space boots with faith in the man but don't be surprised when other call him a lair cos that is what he has done time and again.

He is pissing away other peoples money. That's pretty scummy in my book. ymmv

33. Re: Some Star Citizen Refunds Aug 21, 2015, 14:56 Kosumo

Don't use GTA5 in comparisoin to Star Citizen - GTA5, no matter now much money it cost, was made by compatant people who had currently been making many succsful games. Star Citizen - well its just a pipe dream trying to be made a company headed by a liar.  

News Comments > Op Ed
41. Re: Op Ed Aug 21, 2015, 04:52 Kosumo

I've always found The Escapist to be a bit to 'Hipster' like. Have stopped going there awhile ago (except sometimes for Zero Punction)

This (just the bit Blue posted) is totally off the mark imho.

News Comments > D&D GOLD Box RPGs on GOG.com
14. Re: D&D GOLD Box RPGs on GOG.com Aug 21, 2015, 02:48 Kosumo

Pr()ZaC wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 22:45:
Nothing to do with this but all the flashbacks made it pop into my mind... do you guys remember Moonstone on the Amiga?
I'd soooo like a remake of it!

Moonstone - A hard days Knight

2218 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo