Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Toddles

Real Name Toddles   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kosumo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 2, 2003, 02:59
Total Comments 1868 (Pro)
User ID 19551

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
94. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 18:36 Kosumo

Three words : Wing Commander Movie - 4 Academy awards!

Lol, 10 percent on rotten tomato, WTF, lost millions of dollars at the box office, who directed that bit of shit?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

76. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 16:03 Kosumo

Tumbler wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 15:52:
We'll see, DFM release is real close.

Just waiting on a landing pen for fly pig thats carrying it.

73. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 15:34 Kosumo

So have I got this right? So there is now a towel in the hangar that keeps wanting to get high?  

60. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 14:25 Kosumo

InBlack wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 10:58:

With the DFM reveal yesterday, the story about netcode being the reason for the delay being about as plausible as WMD's in Iraq, sorry if I take RSI's monthly reports with a pretty huge chunk of salt...

This +1

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
172. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 14, 2014, 22:54 Kosumo

Quboid wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 22:42:
If you really want to win people over, think out your posts. Link sources appropriately, organise things, redraft it, and for the love of God, I hate to be a grammar Nazi but no one will ever be convinced by stuff like this:

So i rather be a Informed, logical minded Fanboy with evidence to back me up. Then a clueless message board dweller waiting to start of the next mindless shit storm...Though a sold cautious mind and apprehensive is nice and good. But straight up blind bashing lacks intelligence right off the bat.

What? That's barely coherent. In fact, as far as I can tell you actually describe yourself as a clueless message board dweller waiting to start a shit storm.

To defend him, I would say he has dyslexis, as do I, and what he writes seems fine to me but I know it is confusing.

What you have is two confused people fighting in a confused state, which, if you can get past the bad spelling/grammer has got to be funny!

169. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 14, 2014, 22:27 Kosumo

nin wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 21:44:
Drillo wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 21:41:
Either you read it or don't read it up to you.

Be more informed or stay ignorant.

You're not going to win people over with a fucking novel.

Less a novel, more a copy n paste port-a-loo Flush

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 14, 2014, 20:43 Kosumo

No GTA 5 PC so far makes Kosumo cry Cry Crying  

152. Re: Into the Black Apr 13, 2014, 17:43 Kosumo

Please don't bring common sense into a Star Citizen thread, the fanbois can't understand it.  

128. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 12, 2014, 15:39 Kosumo

I did not know they have such good Wifi in Egypt, cos someones bathing in denial.

LOL, you right, you don't even care, posted, then edit to add more cos you don't care, then edited again cos you don't care and where is the 'edited by' line at the bottom.

you don't care at all! Really!

124. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 12, 2014, 15:21 Kosumo

So DFM was delayed 4 months just for netcode? Right, thats as realistic as the Chris Roberts directed movie 'Wing Commander' winning an Oscar.

Most developers would have the software on the PC they are about to show the crowd BEFORE they started to show it.

Also, you can wish not to believe the wiki all you like but the section on development has 20 link in it alone to back up what it says Vs you allering to what a guy who is paid by Chris Roberts, says about it (and his own envolvement)

86. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 12, 2014, 08:13 Kosumo

SlimRam wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 01:48:
There better be a animation of the pilot eating a Space Burrito Surprise or this entire effort is for naught *arms folded and huffing*

This is why I hope the game will be good, I want a see what the inside of the cockpit looks like AFTER a 'SlimRam Space Burrito Surprise' and some G force.

83. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 12, 2014, 07:53 Kosumo

Welcome to Blues Drillo, nice post (althought I found the bold hard to read)

So did you watch the whole PAX stream? Cos if you did, are you concerned at how amatuer it came across or do you think otherwise?

- Please, pick much better reasons that reflect better on some poster here. Because that's (once again) called grasping at straws. Especially if it's been explained throughout this project. That the game is in Pre-Alpha and the DFM was therefore in Pre Alpha.

Well I was under the imprestion that the DFM was oringaly planned to be out this past December (about 4-5 months ago) yet was held back due to the cryengines netcode not being up to it. So you are saying its still in pre-alpha now 4 months after then? Smells fishy to me, more like it was not ready back in December for more reasons than just the netcode and they had to delay to get it in a better state.

- Also those rumors, might have started with EA/Microsoft employees back in the day. Their version would be a little emm ....not to be trusted. But if that "Rumor" had any merit towards it name. Then one of the main reasons for that "Rumor" was that CR wanted to put a lot of stuff in Freelancer and Freelancer 2. But they (MS) keep cutting back further and further. But CR wanted to add more yet they kept saying NO -and it was stuff that is now going to be in this game and future content of the game-. Plus this was back in 2001 right around MS announced their console or were about to that next year. So yeah....big shift in focus.

If those 'rumors' are just rumors then why have you just blamed Microsoft and stated that if it was so, it's because Chris Roberts only wanted to add more and more yet MS was a big meanie and said no. It's more believable that they had already funded 4 years plus of development and had a fair way to go just to get the basics going let alone more stuff.

By the way, it's not rumors. Have you read the Freelancer wiki?

- What does that have to do with anything. Once your a developer/designer. You will always be one.

Many of the game designers of his era (mid to late 90's) have lost much of their 'magic touch' that they had back then when the game studios where smaller, i.e Peter Moylnex, John Romero, Bill Roper, Team 17. All made top rated/selling games back then, now stuggle to come even close with their modern offerings (there are others that still do i.e. Ken Levine, Sid Meier.)

Being out of game development for 10 years plus IS a long time in a modern, high tech industry. But it's not his game making/designing skill that I think lack, it's his manegment that has never been proven imho, and it's clear in the poor showing at PAX.

I really don't care wither it's a good game or not - I'm all for more good great games of all kinds, and I have nothing against Chris Roberts personally. I just have what I think is a healthy amount of doubt in this and the fact that their are no shortage of what can only be call total 'fanbois' of this, I do find it fun to troll them abit.

The things the fanbois say are so funny like "That is not scope Creep, this is called planning out your game."

PS I did not even touch on the sell virtual items for a virtual game that is yet to be made. If that does not ring some alarm bells for you, well, good on you, me its a bright flashing light with a loud nosie.

38. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 20:45 Kosumo

Why did no publisher want to work with Chris Roberts? Don't keep me in suspense I want to hear a detractor's opinion because I only see the fanboys.

Well I am not a publisher but will give you my view on why none picked up this project.

First and forth most, I'd say his track record of games released in the pass decade - none, zip, zero.

He talks big, with dreams that any fanboi would love but where the rubber hits the road and it's time to make the software he does not seem to be able to manage the project relistical with feature/future creep taking over and ever changing goal post. Publishers (most) can see this and provide disapline for projects that are getting off track/becoming bloated.

Also his vision does not make ecconomic sense, he is aiming that high that most/alot of gamers will not have the gear to play the game as intended which is a big turn off to publisher who would like to see a project at lest make back it's cost. The money he has got so far is not how much the game would make if it was release, the 41 million is for promise and dreams which I don't think will be delivered on.

I don't think he is scamming anyone, I just think he is not relistic with what he is doing and I don't think it will end well - as this PAX East showing demonstrated - anyone who see that as a good revel is drowning in kool-aid.

So, on that matter, I would say this would have been a better game had he stuck to his origanal goal of the Squrdern 42 and finish and released that first, then move on to bigger things (his persisteant MMO like world, Start Citizen) or if he had team up with a publisher and let them have managed the project but I'd suspect he is a dreamer with a ego that thinks he can make it all happen, of which I doubt.

Also, if all you see is the opinions of fanboys, I suggest you look harder cos their are many who doubt what he is doing.

I have to get ready for work, but if I had more time (maybe later) I would get into how much is wrong with getting people to pay for virtual items in an unmade game.

This comment was edited on Apr 11, 2014, 20:52.

News Comments > Watch Dogs PC Graphics
4. Re: Watch Dogs PC Graphics Apr 11, 2014, 19:48 Kosumo

Blues Brothers, great movie.

While I don't believe in God, that was a great effort for some guys on a mission for him. Thumbsup

17. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 19:16 Kosumo

They could add DLC helmet animations! Don't be so negitive Cutter. The helmet animation worked each time, unlike other parts of the game.

(they should add a 'mash space bar controller button X' prompt to the helmet animation to be truly next gen)

I can foresee in 4 years time the guys behind Goat Simulator buying out the remains of CIG/RSI to use for their "Goats in Space" game. I'm not KIDDING!

11. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 18:51 Kosumo

It's also very clear if you watch the whole unedited presontation why no publishers wished to work with Chris.

And to think people are saying that he saved the space sim gene while all the time, (the last 12 years since he released anything) there have been other making them and plodding away.

At 50 million are they gonna add snake oil?

4. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 18:28 Kosumo

While the graphics look nice, there is very little evidence of gameplay in all this footage. (and many crashes(computer side) which have been edited out)  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Premium Beta
54. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2014, 17:55 Kosumo

Watching that Star Citizen/Chris Roberts video reminded me of the opening safety form the superbowl .... what a mistake to make.

So, when is the DFM out then?

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Premium Beta
37. Re: Elite Dangerous Premium Beta Apr 10, 2014, 22:32 Kosumo

Lol Star Citizen twitch - Christ Roberts is a total clown - power pointed the crowd to death.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2014, 16:29 Kosumo

RIP Warrior.

I can just imagine him running up to the pearly gates and shaking the hell out of them with his music blasting (only to be hit from behind by a waiting Macho Man)

1868 Comments. 94 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo