Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Javier Nunez

Real Name Javier Nunez   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ludomancer
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 27, 2003, 21:29
Total Comments 357 (Amateur)
User ID 19515

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Mad Max Game Domains
16. Re: Mad Max Game Domains Apr 13, 2013, 22:20 Ludomancer

I just make games dude. I don't know the story about the films. I think you meant to reply to someone else.

Either that, or we've just found the angriest marketing guy in the film-industry.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Mad Max Game Domains Apr 13, 2013, 18:35 Ludomancer

siapnar wrote on Apr 13, 2013, 11:23:
Sources?

Will "Friends at Avalanche" do?

(thank the gods for internet anonymity)

12. Re: Mad Max Game Domains Apr 13, 2013, 10:51 Ludomancer

Actually, word through the grapevine is that the game is being developed by Avalanche Studios (Just Cause 2), using JC2's engine and featuring modifiable vehicles. I heard this around 3 years ago, so take it with a grain of salt, but it certainly caught my attention.

News Comments > 38Studios.com  Oddness
4. Re: 38Studios.com  Oddness Apr 4, 2013, 12:52 Ludomancer

So basically someone at 38studios.com is acting like they're an active game developer, but really have no ability to produce anything aside news and hype?

How's that different from before?

News Comments > Thief 4 Trailer
3. Re: Thief 4 Trailer Apr 1, 2013, 20:34 Ludomancer

Yeah, if they meant for this to be a true sequel or something, they should probably cast the right actor for it. But I don't have any hope for this anyway. I hated Thief 3, and it's just another whored out franchise now anyway.

Dishonored did Thief almost better than Thief did.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Payment Concerns
1. Re: MechWarrior Online Payment Concerns Mar 30, 2013, 17:23 Ludomancer

"Your Community Representatives are here to advocate on behalf of your concerns and suggestions"

Ha. More like "phrase reality in an alternative way to force you to accept it".

Community Representatives look out for their masters' interests first.

News Comments > SimCity Status Report
9. Re: SimCity Status Report Mar 13, 2013, 23:00 Ludomancer

What was it now? Ano 2070? I haven't played it, but shit it looks good.

There's also that Cities XL, but even though I bought it the hard drive it was on died, so I never got a chance to try it out.

Either way, two potentially viable alternatives that probably deserve more marketing than Simcity does today.

News Comments > Impossible Studios Closing
11. Re: Impossible Studios Closing Feb 9, 2013, 11:52 Ludomancer

Oh wow.. please tell me who did that, I'd really like to know. Why would they even do that?

Seriously? That was very nearly the status-quo in the 90s.

Tremor Entertainment?
3D0?
Midway in the Bay Area CA had at least one layoff like that (prior to closing)

I wish I could remember all of them. They were so numerous that it just became the norm in my mind, and I'm really just left with a few stand-out instances and a burning sense of spite and bitterness in my mind where the facts used to reside.

This kind of went away since games went fully mainstream. Too much publicity if it happens now.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jan 27, 2013, 22:02 Ludomancer

Sitting in a US metro trainstation right now, in earshot of multiple TV's that have been looping that "FEAR FEAR FEAR" for over an hour now, and all I can say is "FUCK YOU HOMELAND SECURITY".

Yeah, put me on the no-fly list for this commemt, you fucking shits. It would be the closest you wastes of biology would ever get to stopping some "terrorism".

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround
21. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 14:44 Ludomancer

RELOADED was my workaround.  

News Comments > Czech President Pleads for Jailed BiS Devs
1. Re: Czech President Pleads for Jailed BiS Devs Nov 21, 2012, 20:40 Ludomancer

They're still there?!  

News Comments > Dead Space 3 Announcement Announced
2. Re: Dead Space 3 Announcement Announced Nov 8, 2012, 00:33 Ludomancer

Fuck announcement announcements.  

News Comments > Distance Kickstarter
26. Re: Distance Kickstarter Oct 25, 2012, 16:11 Ludomancer

deqer wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 10:34:
This looks ****ING BADASS! And with all those techniques/moves you can do, especially flying, it would be impossible for you to get stuck in a race. And near impossible to get bored of the game.

Um... did you see the same trailer I did?

News Comments > Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Demo
11. Re: Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Demo Oct 5, 2012, 03:29 Ludomancer

I was a huge fan of the original on Amiga. I bought into the beta of this one because I really wanted to support it. Might be the last Bohemia Interactive game I buy. Who the FUCK do they have developing their games these days? Fucking piece of shit. Shit controls, shit gameplay, shit AI, shit everything. Fucking idiots..... Just idiots....  

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile Next Week
2. Re: Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile Next Week Oct 5, 2012, 02:54 Ludomancer

Ugh. Fuck their desert environments. I'm so sick of that color palette.  

News Comments > BIS Devs Arrested for Espionage
12. Re: BIS Devs Arrested for Espionage Sep 11, 2012, 12:46 Ludomancer

dj LiTh wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 12:15:
Either they really are spies, or BIS is an incompetent company with employees to match.

I believe its the latter.

I don't know where you live, but I was charged in 2005 with espionage because I took a photo of the San Francisco city hall.

In the end it's all bullshit politicians waving their dicks around to combat insecurity and sense of guilt.

News Comments > Carrier Command: Recruits Part 1 Released
1. Re: Carrier Command: Recruits Part 1 Released Jul 26, 2012, 22:23 Ludomancer

dunno how I feel about that. The main game is so broken right now it's nigh-unplayable. Meh.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Plans
11. Re: FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Plans Jul 4, 2012, 12:39 Ludomancer

Finally we get to play an updated, modern version of the game that started the downhill slide in quality for jRPGs! Huzzah!  

News Comments > Risen 2 Demo
6. Re: Risen 2 Demo Jun 24, 2012, 22:32 Ludomancer

I just started playing the full game last week. It took a while to get into it, but beyond the pirate theme it really is another classic Piranha Bytes game (for good and bad!).
These guys have always had a hard time with combat. I *still* can't actually use the "kick" feature in the game. For some reason it's assigned to the same button as jump, but there are onscreen prompts for when you're supposed to use it in battle, but every time (and I've put about 20 hours into the game), you just... jump. And then get smacked down by an enemy that's probably wondering why you look like such an idiot. It's pretty bad.
The rest of the game is quite good though. Classic PB towns with their well-written characters, familiar tropes like various factions you eventually have to side with, lots of adventure.... It's definitely not a bad game.
I would highly recommend Risen 2 to anyone who has a sudden urge for a new Gothic game, or who just wants to support the Little Developer who Could.

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - SOL: Exodus
5. Re: Spaceships Ahoy - SOL: Exodus Jan 25, 2012, 22:50 Ludomancer

There's a space-flight sim/shooter on Xbox 360 - it's called Project Silpheed. Anyone who has ever been a fan of X-wing, or Wing Commander, or any of the like, should try it if they have the console.
It's an absolute crime the game was not on PC. It's entirely linear, but god DAMN is it good. Such a fun game.

Dunno about this one, but may try it out. That 360 game made me fiend for space shooters like nothing else, so I've been pining for something similar, more than the nostalgia of those games would lead me to, even.

357 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo