Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Javier Nunez

Real Name Javier Nunez   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ludomancer
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 27, 2003, 21:29
Total Comments 364 (Amateur)
User ID 19515

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > Fez II Announced
5. Re: Fez II Announced Jun 13, 2013, 21:34 Ludomancer

Phil Fish has a terrible reputation among the indie community. Basically one of being a terrible egomaniac, self-righteous, and a sense of being entitled. Also the fact that he basically ripped the idea from Super Paper Mario, but I think that's the lesser reason.

I didn't play the initial launch of Fez, partially because of his rep, but also because it was on the XBox. I picked up the PC version to finally check it out. It's definitely not a bad game. There's literally ZERO story or motivation for doing anything, and the entire thing is basically "collect this shit for the sake of collecting it!" but it does work. The puzzles are very good, even if they're a bit easy, every one will twist your brain at least a little bit to find your way past, and in good game-design fashion, practically every screen is a puzzle in itself (and there are hundreds).
I am disappointed though that he's making a sequel. That seems pathetic to me, and he'd do himself a service if he moved on to newer things.
Either way, you're definitely not in the wrong for liking FEZ, and you're not exactly in the wrong for hating Fish, so it's a tossup for the individual.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > RIFT Free-to-Play Begins
7. Re: RIFT Free-to-Play Begins Jun 13, 2013, 00:23 Ludomancer

You guys realize any time a game goes "free-to-play", *especially* when the experience is not hounded by micro-transations, the majority of the revenue comes from having a dedicated installation with network permissions on every users machine (i.e. the game).

They are selling your information up the ass of everyone who will buy it.

News Comments > Thief Trailer
1. Re: Thief Trailer Jun 7, 2013, 11:34 Ludomancer

No.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Interactive Lego Bricks... Jun 3, 2013, 22:23 Ludomancer

Lego Bricks are already interactive.  

News Comments > Arkane Prey 2 Rumor
9. Re: Arkane Prey 2 Rumor Jun 1, 2013, 15:44 Ludomancer

Zyrxil wrote on Jun 1, 2013, 13:12:
Some juicy drama allegations on Neogaf and how Bethesda mistreats the indie studios that develop games on contract for it, and how such shenanigans are why Arkane Studios is now owned by them....

That breaks my heart. As a developer, Bethesda has been my favorite studio for more than 10 years. I've never worked for them, but have always thought they'd be a good "permanent" home for me.

This seems like a realistic story considering what I know from bullshit business tactics, but it still hurts. I don't know if the Arcane element is realistic, but if it is, it just sounds like the typical "hungry capitalist business will do anything to make profit for its board-members".

Arcane deserves better than this, as do the people who have always driven the Elder Scrolls games (though not many of them are left).

News Comments > Arkane Prey 2 Rumor
1. Re: Arkane Prey 2 Rumor May 31, 2013, 22:11 Ludomancer

Why saddle one of the best modern studios with some pre-existing, extremely-shit IP?  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Zeno Clash II
5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Zeno Clash II Apr 30, 2013, 23:25 Ludomancer

I have been waiting for this for years.

Not often I get to say that.

If it's even a carbon-copy of the first, I'll still enjoy it.

News Comments > Mad Max Game Domains
16. Re: Mad Max Game Domains Apr 13, 2013, 22:20 Ludomancer

I just make games dude. I don't know the story about the films. I think you meant to reply to someone else.

Either that, or we've just found the angriest marketing guy in the film-industry.

14. Re: Mad Max Game Domains Apr 13, 2013, 18:35 Ludomancer

siapnar wrote on Apr 13, 2013, 11:23:
Sources?

Will "Friends at Avalanche" do?

(thank the gods for internet anonymity)

12. Re: Mad Max Game Domains Apr 13, 2013, 10:51 Ludomancer

Actually, word through the grapevine is that the game is being developed by Avalanche Studios (Just Cause 2), using JC2's engine and featuring modifiable vehicles. I heard this around 3 years ago, so take it with a grain of salt, but it certainly caught my attention.

News Comments > 38Studios.com  Oddness
4. Re: 38Studios.com  Oddness Apr 4, 2013, 12:52 Ludomancer

So basically someone at 38studios.com is acting like they're an active game developer, but really have no ability to produce anything aside news and hype?

How's that different from before?

News Comments > Thief 4 Trailer
3. Re: Thief 4 Trailer Apr 1, 2013, 20:34 Ludomancer

Yeah, if they meant for this to be a true sequel or something, they should probably cast the right actor for it. But I don't have any hope for this anyway. I hated Thief 3, and it's just another whored out franchise now anyway.

Dishonored did Thief almost better than Thief did.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Payment Concerns
1. Re: MechWarrior Online Payment Concerns Mar 30, 2013, 17:23 Ludomancer

"Your Community Representatives are here to advocate on behalf of your concerns and suggestions"

Ha. More like "phrase reality in an alternative way to force you to accept it".

Community Representatives look out for their masters' interests first.

News Comments > SimCity Status Report
9. Re: SimCity Status Report Mar 13, 2013, 23:00 Ludomancer

What was it now? Ano 2070? I haven't played it, but shit it looks good.

There's also that Cities XL, but even though I bought it the hard drive it was on died, so I never got a chance to try it out.

Either way, two potentially viable alternatives that probably deserve more marketing than Simcity does today.

News Comments > Impossible Studios Closing
11. Re: Impossible Studios Closing Feb 9, 2013, 11:52 Ludomancer

Oh wow.. please tell me who did that, I'd really like to know. Why would they even do that?

Seriously? That was very nearly the status-quo in the 90s.

Tremor Entertainment?
3D0?
Midway in the Bay Area CA had at least one layoff like that (prior to closing)

I wish I could remember all of them. They were so numerous that it just became the norm in my mind, and I'm really just left with a few stand-out instances and a burning sense of spite and bitterness in my mind where the facts used to reside.

This kind of went away since games went fully mainstream. Too much publicity if it happens now.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jan 27, 2013, 22:02 Ludomancer

Sitting in a US metro trainstation right now, in earshot of multiple TV's that have been looping that "FEAR FEAR FEAR" for over an hour now, and all I can say is "FUCK YOU HOMELAND SECURITY".

Yeah, put me on the no-fly list for this commemt, you fucking shits. It would be the closest you wastes of biology would ever get to stopping some "terrorism".

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround
21. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 14:44 Ludomancer

RELOADED was my workaround.  

News Comments > Czech President Pleads for Jailed BiS Devs
1. Re: Czech President Pleads for Jailed BiS Devs Nov 21, 2012, 20:40 Ludomancer

They're still there?!  

News Comments > Dead Space 3 Announcement Announced
2. Re: Dead Space 3 Announcement Announced Nov 8, 2012, 00:33 Ludomancer

Fuck announcement announcements.  

News Comments > Distance Kickstarter
26. Re: Distance Kickstarter Oct 25, 2012, 16:11 Ludomancer

deqer wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 10:34:
This looks ****ING BADASS! And with all those techniques/moves you can do, especially flying, it would be impossible for you to get stuck in a race. And near impossible to get bored of the game.

Um... did you see the same trailer I did?

364 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo