Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Javier Nunez

Real Name Javier Nunez   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ludomancer
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 27, 2003, 21:29
Total Comments 358 (Amateur)
User ID 19515

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > NVIDIA: "No Longer Possible" for Consoles to Better PC Graphics
11. Re: NVIDIA: Sep 24, 2013, 11:01 Ludomancer

I don't recall any point in time when consoles threatened the quality of PCs, and I regularly play both.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SpellForce 2 - Demons Of The Past Next Month
4. Re: SpellForce 2 - Demons Of The Past Next Month Sep 21, 2013, 08:52 Ludomancer

Who the fuck invented the term "stand alone add-on", and how is that even possible?  

News Comments > iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues
8. Re: iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues Sep 18, 2013, 14:48 Ludomancer

I'm playing the game on PS3 as well. Didn't like GTA4 either, but this is definitely the best they've made. What the last few games lacked in writing and narrative, this one does so fucking well with the three characters and their interwoven story. It's fucking fantastic. Gameplay is what it has been since GTA3, so there's no real surprises there, but the writing in this one is unbelievably good.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Trailer
5. Re: Elite: Dangerous Trailer Sep 15, 2013, 13:54 Ludomancer

I, too, want to believe. I've been waiting 20 years for a game to bring me the experience of Elite 2. I haven't found a game yet that can do it.

Slightly skeptical about the trailer, because even though it's probably prerendered within their game engine, it's still prerendered and there's a lot of post effects going on there (so basically worth what your typical cinematic trailer is).
What concerns me a bit more is that they're aiming for the cinematic vibe at all.

I just want a galaxy, a ship, and a fuck-ton of possibilities. I would play another Elite game today even if it looked like the original and just had improved user interface and accessibility.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Arma III
46. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 16:44 Ludomancer

Wildone wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 15:58:
wow all these people who wanna 'spend there money elsewhere' then fuck off and dont bother posting we dont care to know where your money goes. Thx.

I had no idea teenagers these days even knew Blues existed, let alone posted on it...

News Comments > River City Ransom: Underground Kickstarter
9. Re: River City Ransom: Underground Kickstarter Sep 10, 2013, 21:41 Ludomancer

If you like RCR, just look up the Kunio-kun series. There are more than 20 games in the RCR franchise, (only a handful that are brawlers, but still) the west never acknowledges them.

This is the third 'official' RCR reboot/sequel that I know of since 2005. One of those was by the original team members, and still magically disappeared. Save your money.

News Comments > id: RAGE "Not Dead"
10. Re: id: RAGE Aug 4, 2013, 15:20 Ludomancer

To be fair, Rage was much better than expected. I did have extremely low expectations.

That said, it's hilarious that iD can deviate 1-degree from their normal genre and say something like: " I'm still proud that we did something that was different it wasn't like the games that we've done in the past."
That speaks of a level of self-reflection and understanding of "the bigger picture" that's on the same level as media-brainwashed, 12 year old CoD fanatic.

Additionally, while the tech was awesome, did anyone consider how ridiculous an idea it was to create a game with the most attention to detail to date, with insanely hand-rendered environments where everything had it's own, unique touch, and then make the entire thing about racing through them so quickly you didn't bother to stop and look?
That strikes me as much more of a failure than the gameplay itself. iD = iDetached (from reality).

News Comments > Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny Remake Woes
1. Re: Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny Remake Woes Jul 31, 2013, 14:22 Ludomancer

Game looked terrible to begin with. Sucks.  

News Comments > Scrolls in the Black After One Week
2. Re: Scrolls in the Black After One Week Jun 21, 2013, 12:01 Ludomancer

Yeah, it's a clever trick developers have played on the consumer world, making people pay for incomplete products. Oh well...
Is the game any good?

News Comments > GOG.com No DRM Sale Includes Free Torchlight
21. Re: GOG.com No DRM Sale Includes Free Torchlight Jun 18, 2013, 17:08 Ludomancer

No, they might check the directory and files to verify it's not something pirated from Steam itself, but otherwise it would be taboo for Steam to modify an application released by someone else.

Acleacius wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 16:32:
Thanks for the sale!
It might cause Steam to add DRM to a GOG game, both Steam and GOG sell. You can always log into Steam, then run your nonSteam game, using the UI and Friends functions, without adding it to Steam.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 18, 2013, 10:47 Ludomancer

Seems like progress, until you consider the Federal Government routinely bowls over state laws whenever it pleases, as will probably be the case here.
Still, good to know such quick, official action is being taken in light of the news.

News Comments > Fez II Announced
20. Re: Fez II Announced Jun 14, 2013, 15:06 Ludomancer

Rattlehead wrote on Wow, you're the judge and jury of others opinions? Get out of here with that high horse attitude. People are entitled to like whatever they damn well please [/quote:

Maybe I chose the wrong words, but I was basically saying:
1)I know the guy and can verify for his shortcomings.
2) The game has merit.

It's understandable if anyone would go either way with their opinion on it, and really my response was to level out the frank "don't support this" comment, because you could be boycotting something that would, albeit by a miracle, be the greatest game ever made.

I totally understand the urge to shit on people, especially Fish, but you can't knock it till you try it, et al.

News Comments > LUFTRAUSERS Code Stolen
7. Re: LUFTRAUSERS Code Stolen Jun 14, 2013, 11:26 Ludomancer

I still feel really bad for this guy. He's the most unlucky independent developer I know of. Aside from this happening to him, this is the same guy who had both Radical Fishing AND Luftrausers stolen from him by two different studios, not to mention the near-ripoff of Super Crate Box, and published before he could finish the projects himself.
Even if he made some poor decisions, the universe is out to get this guy.

News Comments > DNF Royalties Lawsuit
27. Re: DNF Royalties Lawsuit Jun 13, 2013, 21:59 Ludomancer

Dev wrote:
I DOUBT that gearbox lost money on it. Because they sure didn't put much into it. Gearbox says its "3dr's" game, but last I heard, this was all done by gearbox. Didn't they mostly just get the IP and the game itself was done from scratch over again by gearbox?

No, there were things in the final release of the game that I recognized from pre-y2k. From people I know at Gearbox, it was practically finished when they got it, and the only thing stopping it's release was Broussard's inability to let go.

Redmask wrote:
No good deed goes unpunished, did these clowns a favor by releasing their game that would never otherwise made it to market and got punked for it.
Gearbox might make some pretty crappy games from time to time but this lawsuits stinks

I'm not actually aware of the recent lawsuits to Gearbox, so maybe my reaction would differ if so, however...
Pitchford did a personal favor to Broussard, after Broussard met with him and gave him a seriously earnest and heartfelt admission of defeat and regret, to resurrect and complete DNF's development. A PERSONAL FAVOR. They are a business, they obviously saw money in it, but the fact that a man put a company he represents on the line for a friend is taking a big-fucking-leap.

The fact that this same "friend" would sue them.....

Holy fucking shit.

Lastly, I had fun with DNF too, and I really don't give a shit about Duke Nukem. It was a decent game. Would have been AMAZING if it were released 8-10 years ago.

News Comments > Fez II Announced
5. Re: Fez II Announced Jun 13, 2013, 21:34 Ludomancer

Phil Fish has a terrible reputation among the indie community. Basically one of being a terrible egomaniac, self-righteous, and a sense of being entitled. Also the fact that he basically ripped the idea from Super Paper Mario, but I think that's the lesser reason.

I didn't play the initial launch of Fez, partially because of his rep, but also because it was on the XBox. I picked up the PC version to finally check it out. It's definitely not a bad game. There's literally ZERO story or motivation for doing anything, and the entire thing is basically "collect this shit for the sake of collecting it!" but it does work. The puzzles are very good, even if they're a bit easy, every one will twist your brain at least a little bit to find your way past, and in good game-design fashion, practically every screen is a puzzle in itself (and there are hundreds).
I am disappointed though that he's making a sequel. That seems pathetic to me, and he'd do himself a service if he moved on to newer things.
Either way, you're definitely not in the wrong for liking FEZ, and you're not exactly in the wrong for hating Fish, so it's a tossup for the individual.

News Comments > RIFT Free-to-Play Begins
7. Re: RIFT Free-to-Play Begins Jun 13, 2013, 00:23 Ludomancer

You guys realize any time a game goes "free-to-play", *especially* when the experience is not hounded by micro-transations, the majority of the revenue comes from having a dedicated installation with network permissions on every users machine (i.e. the game).

They are selling your information up the ass of everyone who will buy it.

News Comments > Thief Trailer
1. Re: Thief Trailer Jun 7, 2013, 11:34 Ludomancer

No.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Interactive Lego Bricks... Jun 3, 2013, 22:23 Ludomancer

Lego Bricks are already interactive.  

News Comments > Arkane Prey 2 Rumor
9. Re: Arkane Prey 2 Rumor Jun 1, 2013, 15:44 Ludomancer

Zyrxil wrote on Jun 1, 2013, 13:12:
Some juicy drama allegations on Neogaf and how Bethesda mistreats the indie studios that develop games on contract for it, and how such shenanigans are why Arkane Studios is now owned by them....

That breaks my heart. As a developer, Bethesda has been my favorite studio for more than 10 years. I've never worked for them, but have always thought they'd be a good "permanent" home for me.

This seems like a realistic story considering what I know from bullshit business tactics, but it still hurts. I don't know if the Arcane element is realistic, but if it is, it just sounds like the typical "hungry capitalist business will do anything to make profit for its board-members".

Arcane deserves better than this, as do the people who have always driven the Elder Scrolls games (though not many of them are left).

News Comments > Arkane Prey 2 Rumor
1. Re: Arkane Prey 2 Rumor May 31, 2013, 22:11 Ludomancer

Why saddle one of the best modern studios with some pre-existing, extremely-shit IP?  

358 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo