Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Javier Nunez

Real Name Javier Nunez   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ludomancer
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 27, 2003, 21:29
Total Comments 326 (Amateur)
User ID 19515

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > New DungeonDOOM XP for DOOM 3
1. Anyone? Sep 22, 2005, 00:36 Ludomancer

Anyone played this? Sounds interesting, and looks interesting except for the use of retail content (would like to see more custom content).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rag Doll Kung Fu Steam Plans
1. Steam Sep 19, 2005, 15:36 Ludomancer

I don't want to install Steam on my PC, so I hope they have alternative methods of distribution. Steam is making it so piracy is a more favorable method of acquiring games like this, and that's not right.

News Comments > EA Casts Away Castaway
1. Cool Sep 7, 2005, 23:43 Ludomancer

It sounds like these guys made the decision to revisit and improve on their game. That's definitely not in EA's usual plans, so I could see how it might split them, but more power to Castaway for taking time to better their product. That's not something you see many developers doing lately.

News Comments > Chameleon Revealed
4. Re: Woo! Aug 31, 2005, 04:21 Ludomancer

I didn't think it was official, but my point was mainly that it's much better than the usual official BS.

News Comments > Chameleon Revealed
1. Woo! Aug 31, 2005, 01:05 Ludomancer

Now THAT'S my kind of press release. No marketting BS, just good ol' bad english that get's straight to the point.
I'd buy this game just because they didn't go with "Amazing Special Effects! State of the art Physics simulation! Event Driven Story!!!" route...

News Comments > Thompson Targets Killer 7, Killers Target Thompson?
26. Wait Aug 6, 2005, 21:21 Ludomancer

Isn't it a good possiblity, considering the extent this guy goes to to shame the game industry already, that he was behind those death threats to himself in the first place?

It would only reinforce his case that gamers were violent psychopathic killers if they threatened his life.

News Comments > Shenmue Online Axed?
5. Re: No subject Aug 5, 2005, 01:17 Ludomancer

This is a good thing. Now hopefully they can take the rest of the series where it should have been in the first place, which is a solid single-player sequel/finale to the other games.

There was way too much emphasis on story and continuation to cut that series off...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Stolen
3. Re: Two words: Hip Games Apr 21, 2005, 00:28 Ludomancer

I recall hearing about this like... 5 years ago or more! I was really interested in it, but it completely disappeared. Once I read this headline I was pretty interested again. That is until:
" A unique subject matter: play the role of a Hollywood-style thief..."
" Break into and out of movie-like locations..."
" Vast array of interesting characters set to a mature background story..."

I guess that means "it's just like a move!", and mature usually equals "tits and ass". (yeah, real mature).

Well I was interested up until that.

News Comments > Help Wanted
3. These guys are always hiring Apr 15, 2005, 02:00 Ludomancer

By the time this game is done, every person in the Game industry will have had a hand in it.

News Comments > Terrorist Takedown: Payback Announced
6. Dear CITY Interactive: Apr 12, 2005, 12:14 Ludomancer

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Fuck you.

The fact that people actually buy this shit is what freaks me out even more. If they do buy it, that is.

News Comments > Guild Wars Movie, Final Beta Weekend
2. Liars Apr 8, 2005, 14:43 Ludomancer

This isn't just limited to pre-order customers. You can sign up and join in if you have been a part of the beta before they started preorders.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Obscure
1. Re: Coming soon! Apr 6, 2005, 22:06 Ludomancer

"Hollywood-Style..."

I stopped reading right there.

News Comments > (Scant) Dimitri Details
3. Re: No subject Apr 6, 2005, 12:15 Ludomancer

I love people who take chances in the industry and strive for something new.
That being said, these guys in particular have succeeded by being "ambitious", promptly disappointing upon release, and then cashing in on the hype and credit for taking chances afterwards. I can't think of a lion head game that was really well done since... erm. Well I can think of a few old Psygnosis ones that were done by Molyneux that pleased, but that's about it.

News Comments > Sudeki PC Bound?
2. Re: Wow! Dec 14, 2004, 02:08 Ludomancer

This game is such a shameless piece of trash.

News Comments > New C&C: Red Alert Game
15. Ah Dec 6, 2004, 22:51 Ludomancer

"...and we are making it exclusively to our long time C&C fans."

Does that mean since I'm not a fan I shouldn't have read this?

Oh crap.

News Comments > DOOM Movie Update
58. Re: Rated R Horror Movies History Dec 4, 2004, 22:54 Ludomancer

"What is the standard age group for people purchasing video games? 12-19 by far!"

That is incorrect. The majority of the gaming community is in their mid-20's to 30's.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041123/ap_en_ot/video_game_violence

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2004-05-12-gamer-demographics_x.htm

News Comments > Evening Q&As
1. Campire Dec 1, 2004, 23:42 Ludomancer

"...we went and added third-person melee so we could have the fun of making a game with two completely different styles of play..."

Then is there a way to keep the game from auto-switching to 3rd during melee combat? That's so annoying it's not even funny, and I can't find an option for it anywhere.

Now you just need to get the damn game to run at a steady minimum of at least 20fps on my P33Ghz w/X800 - c'mon!

News Comments > Gold - Terrorist Takedown
2. No subject Nov 4, 2004, 11:00 Ludomancer

Wow. What a retarded and see-through premise for a game. The devlopers of this shameless piece of trash should be completely ashamed. Obviously I'm not their core audience, having intelligence enough to spot this turd's attempt to cash in on popular stupidity a mile away, but I hope buyers of this fine piece of entertainment wake up to their houses collapsing on top of them in the middle of the night. It would take care of two problems at once...

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Using DOOM 3 Engine?!
22. might be true Sep 9, 2004, 23:17 Ludomancer

Because 3D Realms is currently hiring artists who have experience making high-poly models for normal mapped objects and characters. Check it out:
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/jobs_display.php?job_id=4287

Wow. Just... wow. I will play the crap out of this game when it comes out just to see... I MUST see what they could possibly create with development time like this. Wow.

News Comments > Dungeon Lords Demo Delay
4. Re: Aww poo... Aug 31, 2004, 22:38 Ludomancer

I dont know if they'll actually drop co-op, though I know what you mean because I get really sick of hearing developers cancel co-op aspects of their games. Co-op can make even bad games fun.
These guys pretty much announced this title with that as the primary basis though, and they're filling a much needed gap in the market right now as well. I can't wait to go adventuring with some friends in this title, but we'll see. So far the screens are a mixed bag, but if the game world is interesting, and play is fun, then we've got a winner. Hopefully they keep it up. At least it could become a cult hit that makes them enough money for a sequel, because these guys did Wizards and Warriors too and that was a great, albeit less-than-well-known RPG.

326 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo