Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Javier Nunez

Real Name Javier Nunez   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ludomancer
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 27, 2003, 21:29
Total Comments 326 (Amateur)
User ID 19515

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
19. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Nov 19, 2013, 23:25 Ludomancer

The sailing segments in AC3 were some of the most fun I've had in any game, ever. Just the sense of scope, that's all it took to hook me.

Despite that, AC3 was such a shit-fest of an ending to what should have been an epic trilogy that I'll never pay for an AC game again.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Windows 8.1 Mouse Fix
6. Re: Windows 8.1 Mouse Fix Nov 10, 2013, 20:27 Ludomancer

DanteUK wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 16:39:
Windows is dying.

Windows is dead and has been for a very long time. Win2k, outside of security problems, was the last version of windows that added anything necessary. Since then it's only been driver support, spyware and unnecessary services, and for some reason those add up to requiring exponentially more RAM and 4GB+ of HDD space to accommodate something that could, and should, exist in a few MB of RAM and used to have <1GB of a footprint. Microsoft has survived on a strategic monopoly since the late 90s. I wish they'd died a lot sooner.

If linux or apple had 100% backward compatibility with the legacy of Windows software, they would easily have claimed the majority of market share by now. I hate Microsoft so much. Despite the wonder of the modern age of computing, I fault them for thousands of hours of lost productivity.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 23, 2013, 15:27 Ludomancer

Still, they're making some assumptions on her behavior at the time, and it would be no loss to them if they gave it back to her. It's ones and zeroes at the end of the day, just like all our currency.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $24M; New Video
40. Re: Star Citizen Hits $24M; New Video Oct 23, 2013, 14:32 Ludomancer

This game will never see the light of day, at least in the form that people are hoping for. These kinds of videos aren't cheap or easy to produce, and even if they're outsourcing the production of them while they develop the game, they're wasting a lot of time with this marketing of a nonexistent product.

News Comments > GOG.Com offers Dark Matter Refunds
9. Re: GOG.Com offers Dark Matter Refunds Oct 22, 2013, 13:19 Ludomancer

Pr()ZaC wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 11:51:
GOG FTW!
FTL also has an "abrupt" ending, I saw little to no complains about that in the past. I guess that the lack of plot and the unlocking of new stuff during the gameplay made the return to the hangar less painful.

In FTL, it's clear from the first moment where the game "ends". You see a map from start to finish, and you're told "endgame is here".
In fact, it was a little surprising how much gameplay was in that last sector anyway.
Regardless, from what I gather Dark Matter has actual narrative. If you pay for a film that ends after act 1, you'd find it unacceptable as well.

ItBurn wrote:
GOG is too nice... Since this is drm-free, it's basically GOG giving the game away for free. I would rather they kept the money and stayed afloat or improved...

I don't think they're having any trouble staying afloat.

News Comments > TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns
30. Re: TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns Oct 21, 2013, 21:24 Ludomancer

You must feel like such a dumbshit when you have to publicly release statements like:
"...Wild Games Studio sincerely apologizes to TotalBiscuit..."

Heh.

And do check out the "I broke Day One" video, because it's an amazing example of how shit the game is. I personally love broken games for the laugh factor, so I went to PB to grab a copy, and literally EVERYONE on there was saying "Just... don't bother."

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Character Creation Trailer
4. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Character Creation Trailer Oct 18, 2013, 02:38 Ludomancer

Not just this game. The entire game industry has been retardedly-hooked on "idle animations" for WAY too long. Motherfuckers cannot stand still, it's just too "unrealistic".

News Comments > Star Citizen Ship Design Competition
13. Re: Star Citizen Ship Design Competition Oct 11, 2013, 14:43 Ludomancer

This is the most brazen money-grab of all time.

Shouldn't these assholes be more concerned with developing their overly-budgeted game, than running fan contests and partaking in a reality show?!

News Comments > NVIDIA: "No Longer Possible" for Consoles to Better PC Graphics
11. Re: NVIDIA: Sep 24, 2013, 11:01 Ludomancer

I don't recall any point in time when consoles threatened the quality of PCs, and I regularly play both.  

News Comments > SpellForce 2 - Demons Of The Past Next Month
4. Re: SpellForce 2 - Demons Of The Past Next Month Sep 21, 2013, 08:52 Ludomancer

Who the fuck invented the term "stand alone add-on", and how is that even possible?  

News Comments > iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues
8. Re: iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues Sep 18, 2013, 14:48 Ludomancer

I'm playing the game on PS3 as well. Didn't like GTA4 either, but this is definitely the best they've made. What the last few games lacked in writing and narrative, this one does so fucking well with the three characters and their interwoven story. It's fucking fantastic. Gameplay is what it has been since GTA3, so there's no real surprises there, but the writing in this one is unbelievably good.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Trailer
5. Re: Elite: Dangerous Trailer Sep 15, 2013, 13:54 Ludomancer

I, too, want to believe. I've been waiting 20 years for a game to bring me the experience of Elite 2. I haven't found a game yet that can do it.

Slightly skeptical about the trailer, because even though it's probably prerendered within their game engine, it's still prerendered and there's a lot of post effects going on there (so basically worth what your typical cinematic trailer is).
What concerns me a bit more is that they're aiming for the cinematic vibe at all.

I just want a galaxy, a ship, and a fuck-ton of possibilities. I would play another Elite game today even if it looked like the original and just had improved user interface and accessibility.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Arma III
46. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 16:44 Ludomancer

Wildone wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 15:58:
wow all these people who wanna 'spend there money elsewhere' then fuck off and dont bother posting we dont care to know where your money goes. Thx.

I had no idea teenagers these days even knew Blues existed, let alone posted on it...

News Comments > River City Ransom: Underground Kickstarter
9. Re: River City Ransom: Underground Kickstarter Sep 10, 2013, 21:41 Ludomancer

If you like RCR, just look up the Kunio-kun series. There are more than 20 games in the RCR franchise, (only a handful that are brawlers, but still) the west never acknowledges them.

This is the third 'official' RCR reboot/sequel that I know of since 2005. One of those was by the original team members, and still magically disappeared. Save your money.

News Comments > id: RAGE "Not Dead"
10. Re: id: RAGE Aug 4, 2013, 15:20 Ludomancer

To be fair, Rage was much better than expected. I did have extremely low expectations.

That said, it's hilarious that iD can deviate 1-degree from their normal genre and say something like: " I'm still proud that we did something that was different it wasn't like the games that we've done in the past."
That speaks of a level of self-reflection and understanding of "the bigger picture" that's on the same level as media-brainwashed, 12 year old CoD fanatic.

Additionally, while the tech was awesome, did anyone consider how ridiculous an idea it was to create a game with the most attention to detail to date, with insanely hand-rendered environments where everything had it's own, unique touch, and then make the entire thing about racing through them so quickly you didn't bother to stop and look?
That strikes me as much more of a failure than the gameplay itself. iD = iDetached (from reality).

News Comments > Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny Remake Woes
1. Re: Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny Remake Woes Jul 31, 2013, 14:22 Ludomancer

Game looked terrible to begin with. Sucks.  

News Comments > Scrolls in the Black After One Week
2. Re: Scrolls in the Black After One Week Jun 21, 2013, 12:01 Ludomancer

Yeah, it's a clever trick developers have played on the consumer world, making people pay for incomplete products. Oh well...
Is the game any good?

News Comments > GOG.com No DRM Sale Includes Free Torchlight
21. Re: GOG.com No DRM Sale Includes Free Torchlight Jun 18, 2013, 17:08 Ludomancer

No, they might check the directory and files to verify it's not something pirated from Steam itself, but otherwise it would be taboo for Steam to modify an application released by someone else.

Acleacius wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 16:32:
Thanks for the sale!
It might cause Steam to add DRM to a GOG game, both Steam and GOG sell. You can always log into Steam, then run your nonSteam game, using the UI and Friends functions, without adding it to Steam.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 18, 2013, 10:47 Ludomancer

Seems like progress, until you consider the Federal Government routinely bowls over state laws whenever it pleases, as will probably be the case here.
Still, good to know such quick, official action is being taken in light of the news.

News Comments > Fez II Announced
20. Re: Fez II Announced Jun 14, 2013, 15:06 Ludomancer

Rattlehead wrote on Wow, you're the judge and jury of others opinions? Get out of here with that high horse attitude. People are entitled to like whatever they damn well please [/quote:

Maybe I chose the wrong words, but I was basically saying:
1)I know the guy and can verify for his shortcomings.
2) The game has merit.

It's understandable if anyone would go either way with their opinion on it, and really my response was to level out the frank "don't support this" comment, because you could be boycotting something that would, albeit by a miracle, be the greatest game ever made.

I totally understand the urge to shit on people, especially Fish, but you can't knock it till you try it, et al.

326 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo