Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Javier Nunez

Real Name Javier Nunez   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ludomancer
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 27, 2003, 21:29
Total Comments 367 (Amateur)
User ID 19515

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > CliffyB: Don't Call My Comeback a Comeback
8. Re: CliffyB: Don't Call My Comeback a Comeback Jun 30, 2014, 19:48 Ludomancer

Dude was driving a Ferrari around at 20. He's been set for life for a very long time.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hello Games "Would Like" to Bring No Man's Sky to PCs
17. Re: Hello Games Jun 25, 2014, 12:26 Ludomancer

Oh my god. This whole time I didn't realize this amazing, beautiful creation was being locked down into some idiot console! That is fucked!  

News Comments > MS: "We Are Continuing to Support the GFWL Service"
1. Re: MS: Jun 22, 2014, 12:47 Ludomancer

Dear Microsoft,

Please don't.

News Comments > Dwarf Fortress Patch Next Month
7. Re: Dwarf Fortress Patch Next Month Jun 20, 2014, 13:55 Ludomancer

Is this the patch that adds a rational interface?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Released
39. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 11:38 Ludomancer

Quinn wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 11:25:
It's a complete clusterfuck in the visuals of course. Last I've seen graphics go crazy like that -- like the textures have no clue where to latch on so instead go nuts -- was with my Voodoo 3dfx card.

That's a sign that your card is overheating. Probably not serious, but you might want to keep an eye on that.

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Announced
39. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Announced Jun 2, 2014, 16:51 Ludomancer

Beckett wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 11:34:
If you enjoy behind-the-scenes game development stories, Rob Zacny's article about the development of Homefront is a really good read:

http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/1/3560318/homefront-kaos-studios-thq

For anyone who works in the game industry, this isn't a "really good read", it's the typical sob-story. The precedent has been set for decades that abusing developers is the status quo, and upper management has not changed an ounce since the whole practice was outed last century.

Developers need to quit jobs voluntarily, en masse, for things such as this. That's the only way it's going to change. Otherwise they are going to continue to slave away for what *seems like* large, 6-digit salaries, while executive management, investors and boards rake in the millions and then lay them off after burning them out.

The guy in this story dramatizes things well, but any developer without blinders on could drop a half-dozen or more stories like this any day of the week. It's pathetic.

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Announced
38. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Announced Jun 2, 2014, 16:33 Ludomancer

Welcome to the 1980s!

China has owned us for a very long time, and they have so thoroughly rooted our networks for more than a decade that the flip of a switch is the only step remaining.

DangerDog wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 11:12:

The joke is that China is taking over America by buying up one business at a time and our government is more than happy to assist them, including rewriting FDA rules to allow food to be processed in China and then sent back to the US without any need to label it as product of China. Smithfield Foods, largest pork producer in the US. Take a guess who just bought them up.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Car Hacking Video
2. Re: Watch Dogs Car Hacking Video May 29, 2014, 21:46 Ludomancer

sadly, there is also this.

This is not a game humans. You're fucked, you've enslaved yourselves, and now you're making video games about it.

News Comments > Mythic Entertainment Closed
12. Re: Mythic Entertainment Closed May 29, 2014, 20:58 Ludomancer

Cutter wrote on May 29, 2014, 18:58:
Fantaz wrote on May 29, 2014, 18:48:
seems like hard times in the game industry lately...

Are you kidding me? So many people are making huge bank right now. Sales just keep going up and up. Mythic has been irrelevant for years now. It's only a surprise they weren't closed long before now.

The last two years have been an absolute nightmare for the working professionals in the industry. The only people making "huge bank" right now are the board members of a few select companies. Salaries are higher than ever for developers, but does that really matter when the expected length of your employment is 6-10 months?

News Comments > X Rebirth 2.0 Released
3. Re: X Rebirth 2.0 Released May 20, 2014, 08:50 Ludomancer

"....there is no new content, though it does add new ships, missile types, and other new features to enhance the game."

Pretty certain that's the definition of "new content".

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation May 7, 2014, 13:08 Ludomancer

BitWraith wrote on May 7, 2014, 10:43:
I think they should release something like the Atari Flashback. A little nes console that has their entire nes and snes library on it or something - one that will hook up to modern tvs. I's buy one for a hundred bucks.

That's called a PC. They're fucking great!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 2, 2014, 15:27 Ludomancer

So fucking rare to actually read good news about US politics.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 1 Now Fully F2P
4. Re: PlanetSide 1 Now Fully F2P May 1, 2014, 12:57 Ludomancer

I was surprised this was still going.... erm, hopefully most people know that "Free-to-play" means "scan every computer for as much monetizable information as possible".

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Apr 29, 2014, 20:06 Ludomancer

You missed very little.

Though one (non-spoiler): Ruined statue of liberty! I wish I could live to see that day I mean cliche. (I really mean day).

News Comments > 75 More Steam Greenlights
5. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Apr 29, 2014, 19:59 Ludomancer

Seventy-fucking-five games. I don't pay any attention to this list, and this is pretty much why. I fully expect amazing games to fall through my radar. I fully expect the worthy ones to be picked up by word-of-mouth. Also: I love hyphens.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Daylight
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Daylight Apr 29, 2014, 19:54 Ludomancer

Laughing out loud at the Spark Studios reference. So true.

What kills me is the staying in business part. It makes me wonder if there's a use for suits in the industry after all. I can only presume that the guys holding together the business like Spark would run a more successful company dry, but it's nice to dream.

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 18:57:
Neilsouth wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 17:57:
Awful game avoid! Not scary and extremely boring, you can finish it in an hr or two

Yep. Everything I've read about this indicates it's another Zombie Studios game: i.e. bad. I watched Giant Bomb's quick look this morning and it's just a bunch of running around while very little happens and the writing is almost comically bad. This is one of those developers like Spark Unlimited that continually cranks out mediocre to crap games and yet somehow stays in business while quality developers fold.

News Comments > Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer
10. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 29, 2014, 19:47 Ludomancer

... Aaaand then I watched it.

Seriously? I want all of you to remember the last time you were suckered-like-a-complete-bitch into buying something because the trailer looked cool. There are at least a dozen things here that fucking SCREAM by-the-book marketing presentation. How can any of you, who have been around this scene for at least 1-2 decades have ANY EXCUSE to fall for the same bullshit again and again and again.

This is literally a game from 10 years ago, where the only thing that's advanced is their editing and marketing.

(I could be wrong, but there is NOTHING here to say I'm not). Fuck I'm going to play some H&D.

News Comments > Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer
8. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 29, 2014, 19:39 Ludomancer

LOL! **UPVOTE!**

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 19:11:
nin wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 18:19:
I had zero interest in this when it was announced. But now, the more I see of it? I think it looks fun...

^ this... too bad the uncut and uncensored version is unavailable in my country (thanks a lot Steam region lock... NOT) so I'm gonna have to pirate this fucker!

News Comments > From Software Sold
9. Re: From Software Sold Apr 28, 2014, 13:42 Ludomancer

Phew! 230 employees and only 2.6 million in the bank? That's a scary ship to be sailing.  

News Comments > Kick Ass 2 Next Month
4. Re: Kick Ass 2 Next Month Apr 23, 2014, 09:19 Ludomancer

It's worth a download, or a rental or whatever avenue of access you can get, but it's only mildly entertaining and not as good as the first. It's a typical hollywood sequel.

InBlack wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 09:09:
Ive seen the first movie and was suitably entertained. Is the second one any good?

367 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo