Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Javier Nunez

Real Name Javier Nunez   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ludomancer
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 27, 2003, 21:29
Total Comments 359 (Amateur)
User ID 19515

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Dead Space PC Controls Nerfed?
24. Re: No subject Oct 19, 2008, 16:32 Ludomancer

My parents are both dead, and I work forty hours a week. It's called having roommates to split expenses with. 11k (which is after taxes) is a lot of disposable income when rent, utilities, food, and the ISP bill amount to $375 a month.

Sure sure. Your dog ran away too.

I live in a modest apartment with roommates, and you couldn't afford my rent + utilities on 11k a year. You're a liar trying to add details to your story in an attempt to separate yourself from the norm. If you want be apart and above the other folks on these forums, don't bother posting here you little tool.

As for the story topic, it doesn't matter if PCs have controllers. When you make a game for a certain platform, you support its default hardware. They probably see doing a proper conversion as a wasted investment, considering that most PC ports are considered internally at these companies as just pirate fodder.

This comment was edited on Oct 19, 2008, 16:35.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Turbine's PC Commitment
3. Re: Turbine Oct 18, 2008, 14:56 Ludomancer

I think an MMO on console would make a killing if it were done right. You just have to figure that it caters to a different audience entirely, but really, what's wrong with having multiplayer games for people other than RPG fans?

I am more of a PC fan than a console fan, and I would definitely not play something like Lord of the Rings MMO on a console, or any first person shooter for that matter, but what if it were something like that Persona MMO coming out, which is a console RPG series in the first place?
Plus you've got games like Puzzle Pirates, or an MMO version of something like Puzzle Quest, or an MMO platformer... Just other games that don't rely on communication so much can still be fun with a controller and thousands of other people.

Someone's going to figure out the right combination one of these days and make a really fun game.

News Comments > New UT3 Community Bonus Pack 3
12. Re: No subject Oct 16, 2008, 19:34 Ludomancer

I am going to reinstall and check these maps out, but I was thinking how it should be cake to just MOD the damn UI to be more usable. I did a search on that and stumbled across this from Voodoo Extreme -
Epic To Fix Crappy UT3 UI
Nov 14, 2007 at 1:38 PM - - 25 Comments
Thank goodness for small favors. Epic is now officially aware that UT3's UI and menus are a huge step back and is prepared to address the issue post patch, so says Producer Jeff Morris:

We're aware that the UI isn't perfect. We're working on numerous improvements and additions to the user interface that will be made available in future updates to UT3.

Did that every happen? I haven't touched the game in months, so I wasn't certain.

News Comments > New UT3 Community Bonus Pack 3
9. Re: No subject Oct 16, 2008, 18:09 Ludomancer

Yeah, I wish they'd start printing the keys on the CDs themselves. They always put them on parts i throw away, like jewel cases or manuals. I started writing my keys on CDs with a sharpie years ago, but obviously that doesn't work for the ones with black covers. Heh.

Either way, I'm depressed that UT3 isn't doing so well. I really like the series and LOVE the engine. I wish it were a better game. Someone should just mod 2004 back into it. Increase movement speed, put less reliance on vehicles. The engine is phenomenal, they just need to work on the gameplay. I still play it either way.

News Comments > Blizzard Denies Milking StarCraft II
21. Re: No subject Oct 14, 2008, 00:03 Ludomancer

December 3rd, 2007 -
Activision Blizzard chairman and CEO Robert Kotick on future property handling:
"You can expect virtually every one of those properties will be exploited on an annual or close to annual basis."

October 13th, 2008 -
Blizzard's Vice President of Game Design Rob Pardo on Starcraft2's two followups:
"With any luck, it would be like a year for each successive one, but that's going to be a target date, that's not a promise."

They might be good games, but you have to be a complete idiot to think this is anything but the milking of a popular franchise. Plainly someone on the Top at Activision handed down the order that they wanted to see revenue on a regular basis, and Blizzard is complying with that. Not because they decided it on their own. There are too many factors here that make this decision a bad one for Blizzard.

News Comments > Secret Service Announced
7. Re: No subject Oct 11, 2008, 17:25 Ludomancer

Is this game open ended? Can I wipe out the US government and replace it with my own?

News Comments > StarCraft II Trisected
46. Re: No subject Oct 11, 2008, 00:54 Ludomancer

1) The accepted standard for RTS's, for over a decade, has been to offer the player multiple perspectives/campaigns for the same story.
2) It takes very little time to develop individual missions for an RTS. Think about how easy it was using Warcraft 3's campaign editor. It's more trouble than it's worth to quantize the quantity/quality in these campaigns, and I'm sure they know that. But you're really paying for pretty cutscenes, right?
3) I would honestly prefer to have a single game of multiple campaigns/races followed by 1-2 expansions, than three of each individual race. What if you're a Protoss fan? Or Zerg (you know they're going to leave Zerg till last, you fucking know it.)

No matter the way you look at it, this is an oversized penis being forced into the tight, dry arse of every Blizzard fan everywhere. In the name of cold hard cash. It's kind of like reversed-prostitution if you think about it. Either way, this one takes the cake. Good fucking job Activision/whateveryoucallyourselvesnow.

Anyway .. you whiney-arsed bitches will buy them all. You get one sniff of the game and what it looks like, you won't be able to help yourselves.

<cough> Right... Now where'd I install that BitTorrent client? Oh yeah, ALREADY RUNNING.

News Comments > LOTRO: Mines of Moria in November, Preorder Details
9. Re: Can't Wait Oct 9, 2008, 21:46 Ludomancer

Moria is fucking MASSIVE. Take my word on it. It at least matches the size of the existing world. (Hint: it's underground guy! wouldn't really do you much good looking at the existing maps).

And I'm confused about the "shill" comment. Has Turbine done something recently to sell out? They seem to take this property pretty seriously when sticking to the source material.

I wish Turbine would reopen an AC2 server.

News Comments > Free Game - Area 51
14. Re: No subject Oct 5, 2008, 18:19 Ludomancer

Is this ad supported? Someone mentioned that, but the article didn't say anything about that. Just curious.

This isn't the BlackSite Area51 game though, right?

News Comments > Deus Ex 3 Details
59. Re: No subject Oct 4, 2008, 22:26 Ludomancer

Shouldn't a game released in 2009/2010 be able to, at the very least, match the standards set by a game released a decade ago?

That's my pick for best comment of the year, and every developer in the world should be forced to read it.

42. Re: No subject Oct 4, 2008, 19:24 Ludomancer

These guys will say anything on forums to keep people from nay-saying in advance. Once the game ships with it's forced 3rd person, Gears of War cloned gameplay, and all the other trite changes for "mainstream" appeal, the same guy who's restoring your faith will spew something like:
"Due to our increasingly restrictive schedule throughout development, and decisions which the designers felt would improve gameplay for players as a whole, we just weren't able to get X feature in on time to ship. BUT THE GAME IS GREAT SO BUY IT!!!!1"

I know you guys want the game to be good, but this whole thing wreaks of the exact same scenario with DX2 and Thief3. It is being done by people in Montreal, but that's the only hopeful side I can see to it since Canadians seem to be better developers on average compared to Americans.

Yeah I know that's highly pessimistic. Sorry!

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
8. Re: No subject Oct 4, 2008, 17:16 Ludomancer

Amazing that this game still has the support it does through the community. I keep meaning to get it and play it.

My thoughts exactly. I played it back in the day and was displeased with performance and bugs. It is by far a worthy purchase now though.

I was under the impression that the people releasing the community patches were ex-Troika staff. This isn't so? Just fans huh? That's really cool either way. Community support like this shows a truly solid experience.

33. Re: No subject Oct 4, 2008, 16:49 Ludomancer

There were a shit ton of problems with Invisible War. I really liked the first couple areas, because the main characters interaction with others made me feel like it would be an involved, realistic world, but the moment I stepped outside that went to shit. The environments in that game were complete, fucking ass. Little boxy corridors that had absolutely no feeling of transition from area to area. The factions were contrived feeling, and I never felt like they were fully represented in their stature on certain good/bad actions in the world. Like one would complain about violence, and then give you a task to off somebody. Just stupid, I couldn't even finish it.

Also, I played DX2 first, and I really don't see much of the criticism being leveled at it as unnecessary.

News Comments > Arcania: A Gothic Tale Q&A
3. Re: Not very informative Sep 27, 2008, 21:34 Ludomancer

Its odd that they have "screenshots" despite not even having an engine going. Meh, I'm a Gothic *fiend*, so I don't have much faith for the series being continued by some other studio, despite G3's buggy state.
Pisses me off to no end that publishers will claim rights to a studios property just for publishing it. Particularly when the publisher is usually the villain in this case, having a dev rush the game to ship in an unworthy state. And then they take it away. Fuck that shit man. This was JoWood, right? Fuck those guys. If it wasn't JoWood then fuck them anyways, and fuck whoever took away PiranaBytes rights to Gothic.

Oh well. Hope this is halfway decent, though their focus on "hey! we got great grafix 'n stuff" approach... I don't even want to finish that thought.

BUY GOTHIC 3!!!!

News Comments > Mercenaries 2: World in Flames Demo
1. No subject Sep 26, 2008, 22:25 Ludomancer

A guy at work told me this was buggier than Stalker Clear Sky. Whew! I want to check this game out because of what I heard about the first one, but still...

News Comments > Game Mash-ups
12. Re: T2 Sep 26, 2008, 19:01 Ludomancer

I loved Tribes 2 when it was patched up... reminds me of Clear Sky in many respects.

Care to quantify that statement? I totally don't see the connection.

News Comments > EA Spaceships Ahoy - Dark Horizon
4. Re: No subject Sep 26, 2008, 17:01 Ludomancer

That's good to know. Huh, combat only huh? I didn't even know they still made games like that. haha.

News Comments > Game Mash-ups
7. Re: Tribes 2 Sep 26, 2008, 16:59 Ludomancer

Yeah, sorry, I hated T2. I was an original Tribes player though, so ... I dunno. Just the draw distance in T2 alone turned me off.

News Comments > EA Spaceships Ahoy - Dark Horizon
1. No subject Sep 26, 2008, 14:47 Ludomancer

How does this stack up to the Elite-like-genre? Anyone know how it compares to X?

News Comments > GTA4 to "Revitalize" GFW Live?
32. Re: No subject Sep 24, 2008, 01:57 Ludomancer

Wow, Verno. I think we just gave Blues one its first mature conversations in years..

Your faith in humanity is refreshing. I think I have my opinion because I don't have that kind of hope for consumers. Either way, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

359 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo