Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Javier Nunez

Real Name Javier Nunez   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ludomancer
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 27, 2003, 21:29
Total Comments 364 (Amateur)
User ID 19515

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > No GFWL for Batman: Arkham City?
7. Re: No GFWL for Batman: Arkham City? Aug 27, 2011, 16:45 Ludomancer

YYEEEESSSS!!!!!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > id Software: Fans of our IPs "Patience Will Be Rewarded"
25. Re: id Software: Fans of our IPs Aug 15, 2011, 14:00 Ludomancer

So basically we have a roadmap of id's future now, until EOC (End Of Carmack): Rehashes of everything they've done for the last 20 years. Ugh.

I know they're not paragons of creativity, but I want them to push on with new games, universes and ideas. I was really stoked for Rage, simply because they were at least trying something new. I've always wanted them to go for that RPG they were talking about making (even if that was Romero's idea, I'm uncertain), or some version of Carmacks pre-MMO-MMO.

Oh well. No surprises in id's future means I'm a bored player.

News Comments > Scrolls Will Launch Minecraft Style
3. Re: Scrolls Will Launch Minecraft Style Jun 29, 2011, 23:29 Ludomancer

Still, a lot of independent developers are embracing this model of release... like idiots.

Minecraft offered something that no other game had really ever done as well, ever. It wasn't a fluke, it was just a beautifully developed game. People saw what it was, and flocked to it before it was even complete.

I want to punch every dev in the face that tries to emulate it. I hate this pan-handling development strategy.

Either way, Scrolls will probably not be anything like Minecraft, and thus not as successful.

News Comments > DirectX 11 Crysis 2 "Very Very Soon"
13. Re: DirectX 11 Crysis 2 May 31, 2011, 18:00 Ludomancer

I was surprised at how good this game was. I think Crytek made a good decision to way on DX11 implementation. They understand that it's just a marketing trick that Microsoft used to push people to their new OSes. I'm glad someone was smart enough, and had big enough balls, to stand up to them over it. A lot of other devs have caved.

News Comments > Ultima IV Remake Speculation
19. Re: Ultima IV Remake Speculation Mar 30, 2011, 03:55 Ludomancer

Pathetic.

Do our whole demographic a favor and stop looking forward to developers using old franchises as a crutch for their lack of talent. I'm sick of remakes 100x over. Fuck remakes. Make something new, and leave alone what greater, more capable developers created. You know you won't be able to match up. Hacks.

News Comments > A Valley Without Wind Trailer
1. Re: A Valley Without Wind Trailer Mar 28, 2011, 14:44 Ludomancer

...side-scrolling survival game...

Who wrote that? Take a look at the screenshots.

Maybe he meant Side-scrolling as "I scrolled so quickly through the page I forgot to look at what I was talking about".

News Comments > Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Speculation
10. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Speculation Mar 28, 2011, 14:41 Ludomancer

That's primarily because there IS no reason to have DX11. It offers somewhat easier ways to implement everything we already can with DX9. DX11 is a marketing shove, to push suckers into adopting Vista (now Win7).

THAT IS ALL.

News Comments > Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime and Demo Available
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime Mar 24, 2011, 00:21 Ludomancer

The Bluesnews audience should be able to smell a money-grab when they see one. (Too bad the rest of the world cant).  

News Comments > ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif Legal Woes
3. Re: ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif Legal Woes Mar 23, 2011, 19:04 Ludomancer

LOL  

News Comments > Crytek on the Crysis 2 Leak and PC Gaming
86. Eh Feb 15, 2011, 09:48 Ludomancer

At this point, no one should really complain. The game is good. It will sell well. I am buying it, whereas I would not have bothered even trying it out if I had to pay $60 for it with no other options.
EA should do this on purpose more often!

News Comments > Doom64 EX
2. Re: Doom64 EX Jan 31, 2011, 00:15 Ludomancer

I was thinking the same... That's a lot of effort this guy has put in.

Um, was Doom64 something special? Or is he just a random nut?

News Comments > JoWooD Insolvent
11. Re: JoWooD Insolvent Jan 7, 2011, 18:47 Ludomancer

Yup. When I heard how bad the DRM was I didn't even bother, and just pirated it right out. So much easier.

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 7, 2011, 17:53:
Pretty much.
I hopehopehope Arcania's DRM breaks the game now for everyone so that we can learn a lesson about activation DRM. Of course, no one bought Arcania anyway, so it might not matter.

News Comments > Kotick More Influential than the President
6. Re: Kotick More Influential than the President Oct 29, 2010, 12:10 Ludomancer

Wow. Under their guidelines that fucking lawyer, whats-his-name, would be one of the most influential people in the game industry of all time.

I'll agree with Jon Stewart though, but yeah. Fuck Kotick. He's influential as far as influencing a million gamers to want him extinguished from the face of the earth, that's about it.

Way to go, bullshit publication!

News Comments > EA Staff Cuts
12. Re: EA Staff Cuts Oct 29, 2010, 03:08 Ludomancer

EA has done this for many years. Yes, it is complete bullshit. They used to use some other term for it, this "seasonal" job losses is a new one to me, but it's just another way for them to spin it.

The rest of the game industry doesn't really live or die on a "seasonal" basis, but EA just wants to do business that way, and they continue to force their employees through their little circus.

I think EA is really becoming less and less valid these days, (finally), so hopefully we'll start to see less of this kind of thing. I wish they'd hurry up and die, and drag Microsoft and Kotick/Activision down with them.

News Comments > Zenimax Media Raises Cash
6. Re: Zenimax Media Raises Cash Oct 7, 2010, 12:43 Ludomancer

I'm pretty certain but, unfortunately, $150mil sounds about right for MMO-funding.

I can't wait. Another fantasy online world. I'm sure this one will be different though! Right?

... right?

News Comments > Blue Castle Games Acquired by Capcom
2. Re: Blue Castle Games Acquired by Capcom Sep 16, 2010, 10:06 Ludomancer

"...we don't just want to make amazing games, we want to make amazing Capcom games."

Does the cock actually come back out of the mouth when it's clearly been sucked so hard by the person speaking? That's an 'empty-statement of the year' candidate right there.

News Comments > F.3.A.R. Revealed?
12. Dur, Dur, Dur. Mar 24, 2010, 17:16 Ludomancer

1998 called, they want their internet fad back.  

News Comments > New Gratuitous Space Battles DLC
5. Re: New Gratuitous Space Battles DLC Feb 27, 2010, 18:04 Ludomancer

Surf wrote on Feb 27, 2010, 15:02:
How many people bought this game? Like 5? I thought it sucked ass only because I had no control of the ships once the battle commenced. If he/they added that it would be cool.

That just means you missed the point. That's not what kind of game it is.

Still, I passed on the DLC for this. The base game gave me some fun times, but I wasn't able to see the differences that would come out of a few new weapons and classes of ships. There are already a ridiculous number of options in the game.

For anyone who's played this and its addons, how is the balance? Does it change? Can you effectively overcome an opponents scenario that uses the DLC additions, with only the base ships and items? I'd love to know how far the designers went in keeping up the extremely refined design, if at all.

News Comments > Divinity II: Ego Draconis Trailer
9. Re: Divinity II: Ego Draconis Trailer Dec 23, 2009, 23:51 Ludomancer

Yeah, I think the visuals are nice, just "off", like so many other aspects of this game.

No matter what the framerate is choppy. Fortunately on all the machines I've played it on it's not nearly as choppy as Icewinds youtube post. Even when I run it on a machine with a 4870X2 and 16GB of ram, it never felt as though it made it over 10fps.

In the end though this game is killing me to play the full version. It feels almost like this bizarre European take on a final fantasy game. Such a bizarre hybrid and nothing like what I was expecting from this studio. I haven't paid much attention to the news regarding this project, but I was really under the impression that they were supposed to go back to the Divinity 1 style of game. I can't imagine something still qualifying as an RPG and being anything further from Divinity 1 than this game is... Heh.

News Comments > Gratuitous Space Battles Add-on Details
6. Re: Game Reviews Nov 22, 2009, 15:40 Ludomancer

"Shitty top down shooter..."

There's two dudes in this forum who haven't even played the game...

Anyway, what I really want for this is more flexible AI, maybe even the ability to script AI yourself. That would really set this game apart for me.
It was pretty easy to overcome all the scenarios in the initial offering, you just build your ships, attack, if you lose you say "oh, guess I need X-weapon/shield instead", put it on there and retry. Not enough of actual problem solving.
The initial AI offerings were beginning to be interesting, but I really want to do more than control the range of engagement and universal behavior. I'd love to set more complex instructions like switching behavior mid-fight. Like 50% armor remaining = retreat to nearest Protector-AI ship, or ships that flank only, but within certain parameters.
I don't know, but yeah, direct control...? Go play your starcraft kid, this is an admirals game.

364 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo