Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Javier Nunez

Real Name Javier Nunez   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ludomancer
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 27, 2003, 21:29
Total Comments 359 (Amateur)
User ID 19515

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > More on Scrolls Legal Battle
28. Re: More on Scrolls Legal Battle Oct 7, 2011, 09:46 Ludomancer

I'm going to start a game series called "The Eldars Crolls", see how they like that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Opt Out of Anti-Lawsuit EULAs
2. Re: Opt Out of Anti-Lawsuit EULAs Oct 6, 2011, 03:10 Ludomancer

Is this even necessary? I don't think this BS clause from the EULA, let alone most EULA's themselves, could hold up in court should corporate actions warrant...

News Comments > Team Bondi Closing
19. Re: Team Bondi Closing Oct 6, 2011, 03:07 Ludomancer

@Halo

I hear you. I overreacted, but your reply was explanatory and appreciated. Sorry to accuse you of evil-man-deeds. Obviously I'm a frustrated dev.

(not associated with this team though)

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever DLC Next Week
13. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Next Week Oct 6, 2011, 03:01 Ludomancer

For me personally, DNF was exactly what I wanted - A complete trainwreck and parody of itself. I wanted to see what a mess of 10+ years of development could make, and I got *exactly* what I wanted. I could be the only satisfied person with this game. 100%. I was amazed and amused.

It was still fun for what it was!

But I am in awe that they'd greenlight DLC for it. Someone there thinks their sales numbers mean something other than what they really mean.

News Comments > Team Bondi Closing
8. Re: Team Bondi Closing Oct 5, 2011, 12:22 Ludomancer

Halo wrote on Oct 5, 2011, 12:03:
This isn't such a bad thing. Adapt to the future of work, these kinds of jobs are changing so don't expect to stay planted down in one office. These types of employees should not have to relocate for work the internet is more than capable of meetings, emails, general updates. Do your work for game design, coding, art, what not and move onto a new company with a new game. Take your portfolio of work with you build a reputation. Just an idea, sorry to hear them closing.

Not that you're one of them, but that is precisely the perspective of the fools running these studios which try to make the developers swallow that bullshit as well. But here's the catch: there exists no reason, other than the greed and disrespect these people have for the art and their fellow humans, that you could not have a sustainable business in this industry. There is no need for layoffs, good working conditions are possible, and "crunch time" is a synonym for "bad management".

If you, as you recommend, simply "adapt" to this "future of work", then you are becoming willingly complacent to a system that exploits you.

News Comments > Shank 2 Announced
4. Re: Shank 2 Announced Sep 27, 2011, 22:10 Ludomancer

Eh, any game that starts with rape references kind of gets blacklisted by me, but hey: if that's your thing, go for it!

News Comments > Square Enix: FINAL FANTASY XIV "Greatly Damaged" The Brand
18. Re: Square Enix: FINAL FANTASY XIV Sep 27, 2011, 17:56 Ludomancer

Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 14:41:
FF7 remake?

...dammit.

Fuck NO!! That's what started this whole mess!

News Comments > Scrolls Lawsuit Update
9. Re: Scrolls Lawsuit Update Sep 14, 2011, 23:26 Ludomancer

Because of this stupidity, Skyrim can meet my bittorrent client. I used to buy every Elderscrolls release on day one. The ONLY series I ever did that with. Ever.

I'm not a mindless fan of either side here, but I really detest corporate america and their inability to act responsibly.

News Comments > Wing Commander 3 on GOG.com
18. Re: Wing Commander 3 on GOG.com Sep 13, 2011, 13:58 Ludomancer

Ruffiana wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 13:11:
Also remember my dad wandering in once and commenting, "Hey, that's Ginger Lynn!"
"Who's Ginger Lynn?"
"Uh...nothing."

HAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Dads are fun....

News Comments > No Bastion DLC Plans
5. Re: No Bastion DC Plans Sep 4, 2011, 15:09 Ludomancer

I didn't care for the game personally, but it's not bad by any stretch. I mostly want to applaud the devs making a point against DLC by saying "we held nothing back." rather than just not wanting to make anymore. Kind puts the rest of the industry's greedy attitude for DLC into perspective, which is nice and responsible on their part.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage
2. Re: Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage Sep 4, 2011, 15:04 Ludomancer

The game has some seriously messy art direction as well. Contrast and color are all over the place. No focal points. No distinction between forground and background, playable/non-playable space, etc. Lots of effort being put into really stupid ideas as well, like their "menus are in the world now!" and "enemies can climb walls to get to you!" (can the player climb walls? no? why not? A: bad design).

How much effort or development time did they put into strapping that stupid midget to the bosses shield like that? Probably not enough to justify the one-time chuckle it gets you.

I think things are a mess at Gearbox. They don't look like they have any good leadership in the areas that count right now. It looks like the product of a team of people pushing things together willy-nilly with no ultimate vision or direction.

The first game was a total patchwork itself, only barely held together by a semi-interesting random-drop system. Since they've removed that sole interesting mechanic, this is going to be a completely ignorable release.

DNF was better than this!!

News Comments > The Fate of Sledgehammer's CoD Game Explained (Somewhat)
3. Re: The Fate of Sledgehammer's CoD Game Explained (Somewhat) Sep 2, 2011, 15:12 Ludomancer

And there are a lot of fans out there who enjoy games like uncharted, right? So you can imagine that genre meets a world-class franchise.

'Cause, you know, Uncharted is practically unheard of!

Fuck marketing.

News Comments > Team Bondi in Administration
13. Re: removed Sep 2, 2011, 02:58 Ludomancer

Just for clarification - the game industry uses "Administration" in press releases when layoffs happen. Not necessarily because they actually are in legal terms. It's often meant to disguise or sugar-coat what the company is really doing, in the same way that some companies use "downsizing", or some game studios use "seasonal employment".

Yeah, I'm bitter. But not ignorant. Not on this topic.

News Comments > Team Bondi in Administration
2. Re: Team Bondi in Administration Sep 1, 2011, 10:44 Ludomancer

I'll translate for everyone:

"Administration":
1. Laying off your company's workers in order to retain profits for the investors and management.

I love how they've begun using this term to cover the shame of their greed.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow
146. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 29, 2011, 17:43 Ludomancer

So much for any announcements today...?  

News Comments > No GFWL for Batman: Arkham City?
7. Re: No GFWL for Batman: Arkham City? Aug 27, 2011, 16:45 Ludomancer

YYEEEESSSS!!!!!  

News Comments > id Software: Fans of our IPs "Patience Will Be Rewarded"
25. Re: id Software: Fans of our IPs Aug 15, 2011, 14:00 Ludomancer

So basically we have a roadmap of id's future now, until EOC (End Of Carmack): Rehashes of everything they've done for the last 20 years. Ugh.

I know they're not paragons of creativity, but I want them to push on with new games, universes and ideas. I was really stoked for Rage, simply because they were at least trying something new. I've always wanted them to go for that RPG they were talking about making (even if that was Romero's idea, I'm uncertain), or some version of Carmacks pre-MMO-MMO.

Oh well. No surprises in id's future means I'm a bored player.

News Comments > Scrolls Will Launch Minecraft Style
3. Re: Scrolls Will Launch Minecraft Style Jun 29, 2011, 23:29 Ludomancer

Still, a lot of independent developers are embracing this model of release... like idiots.

Minecraft offered something that no other game had really ever done as well, ever. It wasn't a fluke, it was just a beautifully developed game. People saw what it was, and flocked to it before it was even complete.

I want to punch every dev in the face that tries to emulate it. I hate this pan-handling development strategy.

Either way, Scrolls will probably not be anything like Minecraft, and thus not as successful.

News Comments > DirectX 11 Crysis 2 "Very Very Soon"
13. Re: DirectX 11 Crysis 2 May 31, 2011, 18:00 Ludomancer

I was surprised at how good this game was. I think Crytek made a good decision to way on DX11 implementation. They understand that it's just a marketing trick that Microsoft used to push people to their new OSes. I'm glad someone was smart enough, and had big enough balls, to stand up to them over it. A lot of other devs have caved.

News Comments > Ultima IV Remake Speculation
19. Re: Ultima IV Remake Speculation Mar 30, 2011, 03:55 Ludomancer

Pathetic.

Do our whole demographic a favor and stop looking forward to developers using old franchises as a crutch for their lack of talent. I'm sick of remakes 100x over. Fuck remakes. Make something new, and leave alone what greater, more capable developers created. You know you won't be able to match up. Hacks.

359 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo