Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Javier Nunez

Real Name Javier Nunez   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ludomancer
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 27, 2003, 21:29
Total Comments 370 (Amateur)
User ID 19515

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > Impossible Studios Closing
11. Re: Impossible Studios Closing Feb 9, 2013, 11:52 Ludomancer

Oh wow.. please tell me who did that, I'd really like to know. Why would they even do that?

Seriously? That was very nearly the status-quo in the 90s.

Tremor Entertainment?
3D0?
Midway in the Bay Area CA had at least one layoff like that (prior to closing)

I wish I could remember all of them. They were so numerous that it just became the norm in my mind, and I'm really just left with a few stand-out instances and a burning sense of spite and bitterness in my mind where the facts used to reside.

This kind of went away since games went fully mainstream. Too much publicity if it happens now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jan 27, 2013, 22:02 Ludomancer

Sitting in a US metro trainstation right now, in earshot of multiple TV's that have been looping that "FEAR FEAR FEAR" for over an hour now, and all I can say is "FUCK YOU HOMELAND SECURITY".

Yeah, put me on the no-fly list for this commemt, you fucking shits. It would be the closest you wastes of biology would ever get to stopping some "terrorism".

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround
21. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 14:44 Ludomancer

RELOADED was my workaround.  

News Comments > Czech President Pleads for Jailed BiS Devs
1. Re: Czech President Pleads for Jailed BiS Devs Nov 21, 2012, 20:40 Ludomancer

They're still there?!  

News Comments > Dead Space 3 Announcement Announced
2. Re: Dead Space 3 Announcement Announced Nov 8, 2012, 00:33 Ludomancer

Fuck announcement announcements.  

News Comments > Distance Kickstarter
26. Re: Distance Kickstarter Oct 25, 2012, 16:11 Ludomancer

deqer wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 10:34:
This looks ****ING BADASS! And with all those techniques/moves you can do, especially flying, it would be impossible for you to get stuck in a race. And near impossible to get bored of the game.

Um... did you see the same trailer I did?

News Comments > Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Demo
11. Re: Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Demo Oct 5, 2012, 03:29 Ludomancer

I was a huge fan of the original on Amiga. I bought into the beta of this one because I really wanted to support it. Might be the last Bohemia Interactive game I buy. Who the FUCK do they have developing their games these days? Fucking piece of shit. Shit controls, shit gameplay, shit AI, shit everything. Fucking idiots..... Just idiots....  

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile Next Week
2. Re: Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile Next Week Oct 5, 2012, 02:54 Ludomancer

Ugh. Fuck their desert environments. I'm so sick of that color palette.  

News Comments > BIS Devs Arrested for Espionage
12. Re: BIS Devs Arrested for Espionage Sep 11, 2012, 12:46 Ludomancer

dj LiTh wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 12:15:
Either they really are spies, or BIS is an incompetent company with employees to match.

I believe its the latter.

I don't know where you live, but I was charged in 2005 with espionage because I took a photo of the San Francisco city hall.

In the end it's all bullshit politicians waving their dicks around to combat insecurity and sense of guilt.

News Comments > Carrier Command: Recruits Part 1 Released
1. Re: Carrier Command: Recruits Part 1 Released Jul 26, 2012, 22:23 Ludomancer

dunno how I feel about that. The main game is so broken right now it's nigh-unplayable. Meh.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Plans
11. Re: FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Plans Jul 4, 2012, 12:39 Ludomancer

Finally we get to play an updated, modern version of the game that started the downhill slide in quality for jRPGs! Huzzah!  

News Comments > Risen 2 Demo
6. Re: Risen 2 Demo Jun 24, 2012, 22:32 Ludomancer

I just started playing the full game last week. It took a while to get into it, but beyond the pirate theme it really is another classic Piranha Bytes game (for good and bad!).
These guys have always had a hard time with combat. I *still* can't actually use the "kick" feature in the game. For some reason it's assigned to the same button as jump, but there are onscreen prompts for when you're supposed to use it in battle, but every time (and I've put about 20 hours into the game), you just... jump. And then get smacked down by an enemy that's probably wondering why you look like such an idiot. It's pretty bad.
The rest of the game is quite good though. Classic PB towns with their well-written characters, familiar tropes like various factions you eventually have to side with, lots of adventure.... It's definitely not a bad game.
I would highly recommend Risen 2 to anyone who has a sudden urge for a new Gothic game, or who just wants to support the Little Developer who Could.

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - SOL: Exodus
5. Re: Spaceships Ahoy - SOL: Exodus Jan 25, 2012, 22:50 Ludomancer

There's a space-flight sim/shooter on Xbox 360 - it's called Project Silpheed. Anyone who has ever been a fan of X-wing, or Wing Commander, or any of the like, should try it if they have the console.
It's an absolute crime the game was not on PC. It's entirely linear, but god DAMN is it good. Such a fun game.

Dunno about this one, but may try it out. That 360 game made me fiend for space shooters like nothing else, so I've been pining for something similar, more than the nostalgia of those games would lead me to, even.

News Comments > Dead Island DLC Next Month
4. Re: Dead Island DLC Next Month Jan 16, 2012, 14:19 Ludomancer

If you get this game for any more than $5, you were ripped off.

I know some people have had a good time with it. However the percentage of people who've found they just purchased a broken piece of shit is somewhere around the majority of the audience. Friends and I picked the game up during the steam christmas sale. We played for about 3-4 hours, absolutely never making more than 20 minutes of progress. Each and every one of us crashed out repeatedly. The four of us literally never had more than 5 minutes of stability where all of us were present online together. The game is a broken piece of shit. I've never been so appalled at a release in my life. the shit they got away with in this game, and it's still selling, and they're making DLC for the fucking thing (as opposed to fixing it).

Even if you're one of those who've had a good time with the game, please think of your fellow gamers and the development and consumer situation at large, and just warn everyone away from this piece of shit. The four of us ultimately guilted steam into giving a refund (developers would not answer their support email after a month of trying). This was only after I tried to see what I could get out of the game in single player, and after 10 minutes of playing alone (the game does not crash as much offline), I died and respawned within a locked boss room that I did not have the key for.

BROKE-ASS SHIT GAME

I cursed out loud when I read that they were releasing DLC for this pile. Fuck these people.

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
22. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 13:53 Ludomancer

Overon wrote on Jan 15, 2012, 13:29:
Well this is going to give people who pirate another reason to rationalize their piracy.

Or people who buy games a reason to rationalize their piracy.

News Comments > Codemasters Complaints
9. Re: Codemasters Complaints Jan 14, 2012, 05:07 Ludomancer

"Crunch Time" is fraud. What is so fucking god-damned important about shipping a stupid material product at specified time, to the point of not being able to get home and see your fucking family on the weekends?

All we would need to do is collectively stand up to it, and it would end immediately, but too many people are too chicken shit or too desperate, and they just cave to the whims of their corporate masters.

Fuck industry.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Development Continues
34. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Development Continues Jan 12, 2012, 11:22 Ludomancer

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 10:34:

I'm still trying to get into Call Of Pripyat but I think I might have STALKER burnout, as I'm finding the massive empty landscape - seriously, you just walk and walk and walk without anything to do - and unintelligible plot to be a huge turn-off. The graphics are barely an improvement over previous games, which makes it feel very dated. After playing Metro 2033, that had great atmosphere, a strong narrative and awesome weapon handling I'm having trouble sticking with CoP.

It took me about a year (maybe two) to finally push through Pripyat. It's a rough one to penetrate, and it wasn't until after I beat Pripyat that I even got what they were trying to do. Pripyat is meandering because nearly everything is optional. Every major quest in the game alters the ending you get, right down to who you keep alive during fire fights. It wasn't the best design of the series, but it makes me happy they keep trying out different formulas.

Ultimately the only thing Pripyat really brought to the table for me were the localized anomalous zones. You could see where each major anomaly was on the map, and you knew if you went there you were in for a very different experience than the last, and pretty much guaranteed to get at least 1 relic out of it. They were like little mini-dungeons scattered all across the landscape. I really hope they bring that aspect back to the next game.

And I thought Pripyats visuals were a major step back from both the first two games. You could see incredibly far, but everything beyond a 100 yard limit looked like an early polygonal game from the late 90's.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Development Continues
28. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Development Continues Jan 12, 2012, 09:24 Ludomancer

This is fantastic news. Hearing about their potential closure at the end of last year really brought me down. I hope this is legitimate and comfortable continuation of their work, and not, say, a group of unpaid highschool kids rounded up at the last second to monkey-away on the end of a project in some russian warehouse.  

News Comments > GSC Game World News Next Month
5. Re: GSC Game World News Next Month Dec 24, 2011, 22:04 Ludomancer

Sadly, a console version would be the one thing to keep them afloat, I think... Would be nice to hear though. I could let them go quietly into the night if they finished Stalker2 for PC. Otherwise, I spend this holiday season in mourning.

News Comments > 18 Million World of Tanks Registrations
18. Re: 18 Million World of Tanks Registrations Dec 21, 2011, 21:12 Ludomancer

TurdFergasun wrote on Dec 21, 2011, 20:44:
you can sure tell the games that don't bring home any butter for anyone in these forums... if this were a north american game you'd all be clamoring to suck it's dick in-front of the media, regardless of it's quality.

You think that many folks here are patriotic gamers? I've never thought about the nationality of a game developer, at least since I was a kid in the 80's when "Japan made the best games".
Most American devs today are still sub-par. And fuck the whole country anyway, with all it's problems, but maybe that's what you were hoping someone would say?

370 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo