Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Javier Nunez

Real Name Javier Nunez   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ludomancer
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 27, 2003, 21:29
Total Comments 370 (Amateur)
User ID 19515

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
138. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 19:33 Ludomancer

And there goes the purchase-spoiling decision for me. I almost picked it up last week, but glad I didn't.

It's one thing if they'd planned it from the get-go, but more despicable that it was a kickstarter promise they're now breaking. If it turns out that another entity flooded their back accounts with cash for this, then in cases like these and with what happened to Oculus, all backers should be refunded. It's nice that a quality product can get a 'kick start' from crowdfunding, but if you then build something that is essentially bought-out by another company, you kind of owe your contributors a refund.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cinemaware Anthology: 1986-1991 Released
10. Re: Cinemaware Anthology: 1986-1991 Released Nov 14, 2014, 21:39 Ludomancer

This is a pleasant surprise. I hope it appears on GoG as well. I like it when a publisher/developer decides to bundle up their past works. Lots of fond memories with these games.  

News Comments > Red Faction Guerilla Open Beta Drops GFWL & DX10
8. Re: Red Faction Guerilla Open Beta Drops GFWL & DX10 Nov 4, 2014, 10:54 Ludomancer

I absolutely love this game. It killed me when Volition announced they weren't going to bother continuing with the franchise.

Why are they spending time and effort on this now? Especially if they dropped the franchise? It's awesome but confusing.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2014, 12:32 Ludomancer

Good discussion. My G518 died about a year ago. I resurrected it for a few months, but there's only so much you can do to a nearly-10-year-old device.

THAT, I have been convinced, was the greatest mouse ever crafted. So great, in fact, that the now discontinued model is sold for hundreds on amazon, and I'm pretty certain Logitechs internal policy, shortly after producing such a beast, thought: "shit, we accidentally produced something amazing that could cause our customers to never purchase one of our products again".

No really, I'm pretty confident of that being their outlook.

Still, refreshing to see the conversation because I replaced mine, sadly, with an MX400, and while it's satisfactory, I sincerely doubt it will last nearly as long, and has just a few areas where, even after using it for a year, are a bit screwed up.

News Comments > Door Kickers This Month
3. Re: Door Kickers This Month Oct 6, 2014, 10:10 Ludomancer

Exactly this. I wonder if there will be a civil-forfeiture minigame?

NKD wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 09:41:
Fuck yeah let's execute some no-knock warrants on the wrong homes and maybe flashbang a 6 month old in their crib.

News Comments > Tim Schaefer Addresses Spacebase DF-9 Questions
4. Re: Tim Schaefer Addresses Spacebase DF-9 Questions Sep 22, 2014, 09:45 Ludomancer

So the game itself isn't too good?  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Free DLC
6. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Free DLC Sep 16, 2014, 11:00 Ludomancer

Divinity is a wonderful evolution of CRPG combat systems. The interplay between environmental effects, surfaces and spells is just amazing. I'm on my second playthrough on hard difficulty. It doesn't offer too much new, but it's challenging and entertaining to see the differences between the characters when you chose other dialogue options.  

News Comments > MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow?
48. Re: MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow? Sep 14, 2014, 17:14 Ludomancer

I know Markus, but not well enough to understand why he'd do this, if it turns out to be true. I doubt most people will understand how much of a moral bastion he's been in the last few years. Just his public statements against specific corporations, trends and modern business practice in recent years can't be understated. Most entities are too frightened for their future validity to stick their necks out for even marginal ethical boundaries; those who haven't pretty much secured how fucked the average citizen is in the face of modern technology and control by organized institutions.
If this turns out to be true, and I doubt it's false with so many reports in the last week, this is one of the harshest betrayals I've felt by someone I respected. He walked the walk, but... only half-way?

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 12, 2014, 12:04 Ludomancer

This was the most broken game I'd ever played, to the point of getting a refund from Steam for it. Fuck these guys. I won't spend money on that whole franchise ever again.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 11, 2014, 00:11 Ludomancer

I'm sure this is a perfectly acceptable game, but we now live in a reality where over 1,000 perfectly acceptable games are released every day, so... good luck I suppose. Fuck hype.  

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Sep 8, 2014, 08:18 Ludomancer

Pathetic. Just that the "Social Justice Warrior" has entered into anyone on this sites' lexicon is pathetic.
"Women sick of mens shit. Men flip out at first sign of criticism. News at 11."

EDIT: Oh, and for clarifications sake: Zoe Quinn could be the whore of whores. Who fucking cares? Giving her press, putting her name in the headlines, and all the attention you're pouring over her just means she "won". If the internet could form half this much rage against people who actually deserve it,... But I completely understand the importance of indie developers who sleep around being superior to those minor actors in the grand scheme of things. You know, like the ones who run our government or behead people because a book told them to.

You're all really angry because someone peed in your escapism from ignoring meaningful shit.

News Comments > Strife Open Beta
2. Re: Strife Open Beta Aug 29, 2014, 22:03 Ludomancer

mag wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 21:33:
I keep thinking that this is the Doom-engine Strife getting a sequel, and then I read "MOBA," and I weep inside.

My thoughts exactly.

News Comments > Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Released
11. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Released Aug 21, 2014, 14:46 Ludomancer

Yep, fuck ads. Adblock + NoScript = not having seen advertisements of any kind in over a decade.

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 14:27:
Creston wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 14:09:
I would gladly watch their trailer, but they seem to think that forcing me to watch a fucking commercial of some bint rubbing ointment on a baby is a good way for me to spend my time.

Fuck you, whichever shitty video outfit this video got linked from.

GameTrailers has definitely gone downhill since Spike bought them out, but my god, man, you need yourself some adblock. I see zero commercials in front of flash videos, no matter where they're from.

News Comments > Divinia Chronicles: Relics of Gan-Ti
1. Re: Divinia Chronicles: Relics of Gan-Ti Aug 19, 2014, 10:46 Ludomancer

Huh... Unfortunately their new name caused me to think this was something from Larian's Divinity series instead!  

News Comments > Gwent: Witcher 3's Embedded Card Game
1. Re: Gwent: Witcher 3's Embedded Card Game Aug 15, 2014, 15:59 Ludomancer

Oh goodie, revisiting the pubescent age of 32-bit Final Fantasies all over again!

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added
48. Re: Into the Black Aug 3, 2014, 22:20 Ludomancer

[quote=
This may surprise you but it doesn't make sense to use fictitious future events as evidence for a current opinion. You call his opinion proof of an absence of taste, yours is proof of an absence of logic.
These "fictitious future events" don't come out of nowhere. Generally opinions against giving your money to those promising great things with very little to show come from personal history and experience, and we have a lot of history and experience to show that you have to be a fucking idiot to throw 150% the current cost, of an already-inflated game price, at a product that's not complete.

If you watch the industry at all you'd know how much money gets sunk into producing non-development aspects such as marketing, which if memory serves has been 80-90% of what these people have produced (forums, community management, a regular video 'interview' series, and lots of cinematics).

None of you will listen though. The game may even be a success, but that doesn't mean you have the foresight to predict good things and throw your money at them. If anything in this case it could very well mean hack-developers can cobble together something passable from a community of optimistic suckers, and succeed by letting said suckers feel good about it by patting themselves on the back and shitting on competitors.

I haven't bought either of these mentioned products, I'm just a voice of reason that you won't listen to because you're too desperate for a nostalgic distraction from the shit day-jobs you were tricked into for the duration of your time on this planet.

Weigh your decisions with the evidence of history and the wisdom to project the outcome from past events.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added
23. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added Aug 3, 2014, 17:01 Ludomancer

Creston wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 15:28:
90 bucks. Giggle

Fools and their money.

Then they fight over which one is better to feel justified about their ridiculous waste of resources. Blows my mind how much these games cost. Call me when they're done.

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Survey
22. Re: Mass Effect 4 Survey Jul 15, 2014, 20:21 Ludomancer

...soliciting opinions on what gamers want from Mass Effect 4

I don't. Learn to make a game in beautiful, self-contained universe and narrative, and then move on.

Capitalism has retarded this artform enough.

News Comments > Gearbox Announces "Hero Shooter" Battleborn
2. Re: Gearbox Announces Jul 8, 2014, 13:12 Ludomancer

So basically.... someone at Gearbox has been playing too much DOTA and LOL?

The character designs here are kind of hideous and amateurish.

News Comments > Dwarf Fortress Update This Week; How to Play in 3D
6. Re: Dwarf Fortress Update This Week; How to Play in 3D Jul 7, 2014, 12:00 Ludomancer

Don't mistake the shit-UI as being a product of the ascii visuals. You can have perfectly usable ascii interfaces. The DF developers just... I have no idea. They're just completely ignorant of how to develop a user-interface, and made it clear over time that, worse, they're too egotistical to listen to others' input.  

370 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo