Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Javier Nunez

Real Name Javier Nunez   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ludomancer
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 27, 2003, 21:29
Total Comments 465 (Amateur)
User ID 19515

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Released
4. Re: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Released Jan 16, 2016, 11:02 Ludomancer

Yes, play this game if you have not, and are looking for some fantasy adventure. This game has a really unique combination of fun character builds, Shadow-of-the-Colossus-like interaction (grappling, crawling around on large enemies), amazing spell effects and great exploration. I had a lot of fun with this game on its original release, and a second time on the Dark Arisen rerelease. It's a good game.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jan 13, 2016, 16:47 Ludomancer

There are so many they left out. They probably could have done a '50 people who have sued the video game industry' video.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 7, 2016, 23:34 Ludomancer

Why even fucking chance it? Seriously? It's like saying "I have to put this scorpion on my dick, but I put rubber bands on it's claws and I don't *think* it can get them off."

Seriously. Why ever install Win10? Why?

News Comments > Red5 Misses Payroll
9. Re: Red5 Misses Payroll Dec 28, 2015, 22:17 Ludomancer

Rigs wrote on Dec 28, 2015, 20:26:
No, see this right here is pure, unmitigated BULLSHIT. (You know what's bulllllshit?...been watching too much AVGN ) It should be against the fucking law to skip out on paying employees (period), especially during the holidays. That's just low...so goddamn low. That's lower than dirt. You're in mud and clay territory. These people worked the hours, now pay up! (WHERE'S MY MONEY?!?) And if not, there better be a big fucking bonus when you slimey bastards DO finally pay! You can't even begin to possibly tell me they didn't see this coming like a month or two or six in advance?! BULL-SHIT!
ARGH! God, that shit pisses me off!
=-Rigs-=

Not familiar with the game industry, are you.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
7. Re: Winamp Dec 20, 2015, 23:12 Ludomancer

Well, I still use Winamp daily as my sole MP3 player. I have zero interest in streaming content (unless it's one of the few webradio spots left), and I have a thing called directory-structure that functions as my library.

Someone turned me on to something called AIMP when I brought up this headline today. Haven't checked it out yet, but sounds promising.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 20, 2015, 13:07 Ludomancer

Not sure I trust a WinAMP revival. All companies want to do now a days is turn the software into spyware and distribute it for "free".

News Comments > Kojima's Konami Departure Confirmed
4. Re: Kojima's Konami Departure Confirmed Dec 16, 2015, 09:45 Ludomancer

Hate MGS. This dude has been talking about his departure since MGS2!!! Astounding. Hope he's got fucktons of cash from that venture to do whatever he wants afterward. This whole situation seemed really painful (from what we could tell outside of the company).  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 14, 2015, 17:06 Ludomancer

MindStalker3 wrote on Dec 14, 2015, 15:02:
No fair, Taylor Swift said she would be exclusive with only me. Now shes biting into the Apple. Huzzy.

Wasnt she the pop star that caused apple to make some significant change in some product? Or am I misremembering? If it's the same one that would be a hilarious flip-flop.

News Comments > System Shock 3 Announced
27. Re: System Shock 3 Announced Dec 14, 2015, 16:56 Ludomancer

Squirmer wrote on Dec 14, 2015, 16:38:
They were mocking that trend even, saying the next step might be a button to teleport to the objective.

Nah, the new trend is Twitch (or Let's Plays!); passive gaming.

How fucking meta is that shit?

News Comments > System Shock 3 Announced
23. Re: System Shock 3 Announced Dec 14, 2015, 14:11 Ludomancer

Can we do something different? I have been waiting for SS3 for a long time, but not SHODAN. Let a fucking victory from one of the past games stand!

News Comments > Free Giants: Citizen Kabuto
14. Re: Free Giants: Citizen Kabuto Dec 12, 2015, 14:09 Ludomancer

Xero wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 01:21:
The game kind of went from tons of fun playing Meccs, to OK/frustrating as the Sea Reaper, and then by the time you got to play the Giant, you were just kind of restless

My experience exactly. Never actually finished the game, but fond memories and liked it at the time. Always meant to go back. Certainly made me hate bump mapping tech in one swift go.

This teams followup game was pretty shitty, (Armed and Dangerous) but had the same British humor and python-esque presentations and characters as Giants.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Next Week
35. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Next Week Dec 10, 2015, 09:16 Ludomancer

Vall Forran wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 17:02:
That was my first death since cobra times way back when. Luckily, they changed the insurance policy. I was short the $12 million buyback option by several million. Still got the ship back, but you now get grafted automatically with each mission.

So, I sold my $55 million dollar thrusters (that I just goddamn bought!) and downgraded to get out of debt and have extra insurance money.

This is why I put the game down 10 hours into it and never looked back. I don't need the stress of "insurance" or money to follow me into a god damned game. That doesn't just take the enjoyment away, it rapes it out of my hands.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
17. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 8, 2015, 22:14 Ludomancer

Julio wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 20:03:
Hopefully the resistance stays strong, this may be where Windows dies.

Fuck I hope so. Wouldn't that be a dream?

News Comments > Delete Steam Games
31. Re: Delete Steam Games Dec 5, 2015, 10:36 Ludomancer

MajorD wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 00:25:
HHHHmmmmm.....RAGE, BRINK, and Dead Island come to mind, to name a few...

Dead... Island.... No, for that, Steam needs to add a "Nuke" option that allows us to wipe the developer off the face of the earth.

News Comments > Shadow Complex Remastered for Free
7. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 11:49 Ludomancer

Only one person has pointed out this shit is a trojan horse for Epic's new "me too" spyware. Gamers will just gobble any cock put in front of them if there's even suggestion of a marginal entertainment value.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Patch Status
12. Re: Just Cause 3 Patch Status Dec 3, 2015, 15:30 Ludomancer

That's the sad thing: This is the product of, literally, thousands of hours of testing by thousands of testers. At a certain point the game is so fucking big and complex, and the development pipelines can be such a ridiculous mess due to time, budget, and shoehorned releases (I think that's the part that gets us the most), it becomes impossible to manage.

I agree it's unacceptable, but it literally is tested to such a stupid extent that it's not really a valid complaint (no offense). They just need to improve their work and methodology for development.

Ozmodan wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 13:05:
You really have to wonder if any of these studios spend much time on testing their product.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Patch Status
11. Re: Just Cause 3 Patch Status Dec 3, 2015, 15:26 Ludomancer

Yeah, I heard it was more of an executable wrapper, than DRM. I find that to be an acceptable form of DRM. Doesn't fuck with me, steal my data, mine my PC, or run in the BG while I play. I started the game up the first time from Steam, set everything up. Put steam in offline mode, and blocked JC3 in the firewall. Still, works like a charm.

I feel for the people with bugs. Bugs are so unacceptable. I've had some odd shit, but mostly embarrasing things for the devs; nothing gamebreaking, so I think I'm lucking out.

Game is relatively enjoyable, but I'm over "crafting" and upgrade trees. I'm actually mixing up parts of this game with FarCry 3 now, which says something. Time to evolve our designs here guys.

Creston wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 12:20:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 10:35:
Likely issues caused by Denuvo ^^

I have no love for DRM or anything of its kind, but I kind of doubt it.

News Comments > PC Shadow Complex Remastered Revealed
2. Re: PC Shadow Complex Remastered Revealed Dec 2, 2015, 10:55 Ludomancer

Wow, I had no idea they were doing this. I really loved this game when it was first released; I think I played it twice.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues
29. Re: Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues Dec 1, 2015, 23:46 Ludomancer

Wish I'd known about the DRM-thing before purchasing it. (I don't care what you call it, I call it "unnecessary software").

I haven't heard about this Denuvo until right now. What's weird is that I played DA:I cracked on release, so there doesn't seem to be any problem circumventing it.

I really miss the 90's.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
19. Re: New GeForce Drivers Dec 1, 2015, 22:47 Ludomancer

Thank the gods for that. I was about the flip the fuck out, and was wondering why no one else was commenting on the forced adoption of their bullshit downloader.

Cabezone wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 13:05:
You don't need gameworks, they're up on the normal download page.

465 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo