Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Javier Nunez

Real Name Javier Nunez   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ludomancer
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 27, 2003, 21:29
Total Comments 327 (Amateur)
User ID 19515

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > The Flock Trailer
3. Re: The Flock Trailer Apr 17, 2014, 20:21 Ludomancer

So... it's smear-the-queer, I guess.

Or rather, it sounds too simple to be described as an "unusual premise". Still kind of interesting, but the game is basically smear-the-queer/tag/capture the flag.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DayZ Plans
7. Re: DayZ Plans Apr 6, 2014, 04:22 Ludomancer

MajorD wrote on Apr 5, 2014, 18:27:
They need to address the X-Axis mouse issue is what they need to address.

I'm not certain you're aware you typed that twice did you know you typed that twice?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 1, 2014, 10:38 Ludomancer

It used to be, in this country, that people weren't convicted on what they "could" do. I don't want to see law go any further than that though.
Regardless I hope he doesn't serve 14 years in prison, only because that is absurd, but the guy is an idiot.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 27, 2014, 10:17 Ludomancer

Yeah the Attila the Hun thing is a fake story. Other stories on their site are showing "photos" of legendary creatures, including "the remains of a pixie found in Ireland", completely with tiny little skeleton with tiny little wings.  

News Comments > Titanfall Optimization Tips
15. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 21:17 Ludomancer

I've mixed feelings about the sales rumors. On the one hand the game looks spectacular and has a great deal of dev-pedigree behind it.
On the other hand, nothing about the gameplay videos roped me in.
Just the concept that you fight on foot and have to wait for your mech to drop, only to have it eventually destroyed so you go back to fighting on foot and waiting for another to drop again, was far too much for my impatience to even bother trying.
It wasn't much better that during that entire sequence of events the only thing that really changed was the scale of battle. I'm old. I want something legitimately new, even if it's just a combination of preexisting mechanics, but the game really tore away my attention span when I saw these massive walking mechas that didn't so much as scratch the indestructible environment around them.
Blah... Next gen multiplayer Shogo. :/

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 9, 2014, 16:33 Ludomancer

ASeven wrote on Mar 9, 2014, 13:07:
Glad to see Banished is still hanging on quite well in there.

BTW Blue, Dark Souls II, not III.

And there's an R in there, unless "Dak Souls III" is the Bostonian version of the game, or something else entirely.

News Comments > Planetsł Kickstarter
2. Re: Planetsł Kickstarter Mar 6, 2014, 20:48 Ludomancer

I've never been kosher with Kickstarter. Paying for a product that doesn't exist doesn't sit right with me.
This one in particular seems extremely poor. Their initial concept is something already done by many, many Minecraft mods. They estimate they have only 10% of the game done. None of their ideas are groundbreaking, and what bothers me more is that NONE of their staff declare their real names; all handles.
Fuck this noise.

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Next Month
6. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Next Month Feb 28, 2014, 16:46 Ludomancer

Really my favorite aspect was the therapeutic vehicular manslaughter of pedestrians in the first game. The fact that you could win a race by killing all NPCs, and that a good portion of powerups were focused toward efficient pedestian-murder, made the game for me. If this just turns into a different version of Twisted Metal, I won't bother to pick it up.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll
19. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 26, 2014, 14:35 Ludomancer

It is amazing how readily people will give their money away. I'm expecting this game to out-DNF the real Duke Nukem Forever.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Feb 25, 2014, 19:50 Ludomancer

Yeah... Game has very high production value, but is a wonderful example of terrible game design. Some of the worst "follow the path or die" gameplay I've seen yet. Very poor.  

News Comments > Craig Scott Leaves CCP for Bigpoint
1. Re: Craig Scott Leaves CCP for Bigpoint Feb 24, 2014, 17:44 Ludomancer

Dear Craig,
Have fun convincing your corporate overlords to step outside the dry and dated formula that MMO's are today.
We look forward to the new version of WoW.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Feb 11, 2014, 17:27 Ludomancer

As of 2010 it's generally well known (shared developer experience, conference panels, etc) you need a minimum of $60k-$80k to make an MMO in todays market, with $55k of that amount going only toward marketing alone.

AAA is not a valid definition of a product as it's just marketing terminology (no offense to jDreyer).

I just painted a more candid history of that company than most people have posted in any of the stories, and I most employees do agree with me, myself included.

In the end, Rhode Island didn't lie to the employees of 38 about their home mortgages being closed and giving the okay to open new ones so families could relocate, nor did they cause the forfeiture of some employees healthcare while 38 was still in business, which resulted in 6-digit hospital bills for at least two families.

I'm just incensed that some jackass suit is trying to kiss up to Shilling by erroneously planting the blame on the state that gave them a home they weren't worthy of.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Feb 11, 2014, 11:47 Ludomancer

"Blame Rhode Island for 38 Studios downfall, says SOE's Smedley…"

What an ass! They could have had 100x the funding, and you *wouldn't* be playing the game now. It would still be in the same state it was when they went under: a shitload of environment art on an engine with no functional online backend and zero implemented gameplay mechanics, which were 100% conceptual and untested in the first place.

That entire project was doomed to fail, from Green Monster Games spinning their tires and hemorrhaging large portions of their workforce due to disillusionment, to the name-change to 38Studios, more tire spinning, and 5 years in "not sure what engine we wanted to use", until their doomed move to Rhode Island because the company was functionally bankrupt after burning through 85+ million in funding and no other choice but to lie to their employees and make a winner-takes-all bet on one mans pipe dream fantasy to run a game company.

The "Idiot Governor" Smedley blames for the failure only made comments of skepticism AFTER 38 Studios defaulted on their FIRST payment back on the loan.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
20. Re: Sunday Mobilization Feb 9, 2014, 17:25 Ludomancer

I've only just heard about this too, and the entire story confuses me. This whole thread of posts does nothing to clear that up... >:/  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2014, 14:54 Ludomancer

nin wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 13:36:
Ludomancer wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 13:30:

Pretty fucking tasteless, dude.

Too soon?

I'm kidding of course, and I totally deserve that. Like jdreyer said: It was a very selfless act that put him in the position of his death, and there are very, very few people who die so honorably in this world.

When I read that it was someone from nvidia marketing though... I have many years of hatred for their omnipresent splash screens, and plenty of frustrating memories of tracking down and deleting the video files from every. fucking. game.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2014, 13:30 Ludomancer

RE: Nvidia Marketing Manager death: Karma for all those annoying splash screens we've had to put up with in EVERY GAME for the last 15 years?

News Comments > LeapDrive Online Announced
5. Re: LeapDrive Online Announced Jan 16, 2014, 09:31 Ludomancer

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 21:01:
Unity is a web-based engine...

Unity is not a "web-based engine". It can build an application that is capable of running in a web browser provided the client has installed the Unity plugin, but aside from that the engine itself has nothing to do with the network environment.

News Comments > Hello Games Flood Follow-up
1. Re: Hello Games Flood Follow-up Dec 29, 2013, 10:39 Ludomancer

"Insurance" is the greatest modern racket in the history of fraudulent business.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay
3. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay Dec 17, 2013, 10:18 Ludomancer

ledhead1969 wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 10:15:
...and so it begins.

I was LITERALLY going to post that. My timestamp says you beat me by 2 min. Hilarious.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2013, 13:34 Ludomancer

That Cold Fusion article had the worst punctuation I've seen in a while.  

327 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo