Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Javier Nunez

Real Name Javier Nunez   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ludomancer
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 27, 2003, 21:29
Total Comments 433 (Amateur)
User ID 19515

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > QuakeCon 2016 Announced
3. Re: QuakeCon 2016 Announced Sep 3, 2015, 18:33 Ludomancer

<sigh> I miss QuakeCon, not that I ever went. I miss the era when id was the unquestioned ruler of the FPS, and their games just dominated my life.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Interviews
15. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 2, 2015, 14:11 Ludomancer

Bub wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 08:53:
People must really need jobs bad to work for this sleeze.

Since when did people apply their morals to their work? I think 50+% of the world fucks over other people every day as their day-jobs, and justifies it with "I'm just doing my job".

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. Sep 1, 2015, 18:07 Ludomancer

There's a way things ought to be, and then there's the way they are. Learn to cope already.

It used to be is that people with unpopular ideas were drug out into the street and beaten. Then someone stepped up and said "Wah! Stop beating people for what they believe!" And for some fucking, stupid, cocksucking piece of shit reason, they listened to this bitch.
And mother fucker, if it weren't for that piece of whiny shit, you'd be getting drug out into the street right now.

And you know it. So let me help you with this:

"There's a way people keep holding us back as a species, and there's the way we're going to make it better for everyone."

Get yer coping boots on, boy!

News Comments > MGS5: The Phantom Pain Disc Requires Game Download?
10. Re: MGS5: The Phantom Pain Disc Requires Game Download? Aug 31, 2015, 22:07 Ludomancer

heroin wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 20:22:
Was thinking about this as a viable option, no pre-load and comcast is a huge warted snot witch with hairy armpits and little children stored inside clear walls of sugar suffering.

I think I fought Comcast in Witcher 3!

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trespasser DLC & Patch Plans
11. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trespasser DLC & Patch Plans Aug 30, 2015, 19:18 Ludomancer

I actually forgot about the tactical camera. I remember trying it once during the tutorial and immediately turning it off because it was too close to the ground/characters to effectively manage anything. I played the entire game never turning it on...

I didn't mind the game though. It was mildly interesting to see where they took the world, and I really liked some of the characters, but I wasn't shocked at all to be playing a 3rd person action game because all these idiot developers are doing that nowadays. Just don't pay for it.

5. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trespasser DLC & Patch Plans Aug 30, 2015, 18:23 Ludomancer

I was going to say... There were tactics in this game? DA:I was the arcade adventure you've all been waiting for, wasn't it?

1. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trespasser DLC & Patch Plans Aug 30, 2015, 14:41 Ludomancer

DAI Trespasser! I was really disappointed with the ease of the interface and lack of physics-driven dinosaurs in the initial release. I hope this DLC fixes that!!

News Comments > Onikira: Demon Killer for PC. Onikira Released
3. Re: Onikira: Demon Killer for PC. Onikira Released Aug 27, 2015, 12:13 Ludomancer

heroin wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 11:05:
For some reason I saw a RPG with David Bowie just now.

Omicron wasn't the best, but it was good. Plus: David Bowie soundtrack! (I wonder if he regrets doing it).

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Sells 6M
19. Re: The Witcher 3 Sells 6M Aug 27, 2015, 12:12 Ludomancer

They deserve their success. Complaints and issues aside, they made a hallmark of a game.  

News Comments > Funcom Announces The Park
2. Re: Funcom Announces The Park Aug 26, 2015, 09:39 Ludomancer

Trying to cash in on the Freddy games?  

News Comments > The Witcher III Game+ DLC Released
4. Re: The Witcher III Game+ DLC Released Aug 17, 2015, 20:33 Ludomancer

Did you mean "drought"?

A draught of good games sounds like there are some out there right now, and I would like you to tell me where.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Game+ Mode Announced
2. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Game+ Mode Announced Aug 14, 2015, 19:19 Ludomancer

This sounds incredibly lame, like they're trying to mimic Chris Roberts' whole dog and pony show.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Adds Mod Tools
4. Re: The Witcher 3 Adds Mod Tools Aug 14, 2015, 10:39 Ludomancer

Playing through a second time on hard now, but didn't have issues with the combat. I want proper PC controls.

These guys nailed the right way to do a release. Fantastic game released with minor bugs and heaps of content, immediately followed by patches and small bits of DLC. The quality of this game is very high and the developer has made it clear they want to continue to produce for it while maintaining that level of quality. THis will be the first I've ever bought-in to a developers "DLC pass" (or whatever BS they call it), because they've more or less proven their commitment to a quality project. I'm pretty impressed all around.

News Comments > Dying Light: The Following Trailer
6. Re: Dying Light: The Following Trailer Aug 13, 2015, 10:47 Ludomancer

Well fuck. I totally had this mixed up with Metro: Last Light.

New game to try out!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 13, 2015, 09:13 Ludomancer

You have to be a real fucking idiot to believe Microsofts trojan-horse can be turned off.  

News Comments > Dying Light: The Following Trailer
1. Re: Dying Light: The Following Trailer Aug 13, 2015, 09:11 Ludomancer

This sounds really good. This is for the new release of Dying Light, right? The "reboot" of their 5 year old game?

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin II Announced
1. Re: Divinity: Original Sin II Announced Aug 12, 2015, 09:45 Ludomancer

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!  

News Comments > Cities Skylines After Dark Expansion Announced
10. Re: Cities Skylines After Dark Expansion Announced Aug 7, 2015, 15:22 Ludomancer

- Leisure specialization: Commercial areas can specialize in leisure activities. Leisure areas are especially active during the night, but work like regular commercial areas during the day.
- Beach specialization: Commercial areas such as beach bars and restaurants, small marina and fishing tours on the shoreline can specialize in beach activities.

Those are practically identical.

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 7, 2015, 15:09 Ludomancer

"The vulnerability was introduced in 1997, but has remained hidden until now, researcher says..."

... Yeah... "hidden".

They can come out with it as a flaw now that Windows 10 fills that hole, (or doesn't! <rimshot>).

36. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 4, 2015, 19:35 Ludomancer

You are a shill. No one should ever, ever, have to disable such features on a device that sits in the privacy of their own home, let alone have to defend why that should be unacceptable in the first place.
We both know Microsoft will force this on the world eventually. You have to be at least intelligent enough to know that is bad.

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 11:40:
Cory Doctorow's career of feeding paranoia for clicks continues.

As someone who is using Windows 10 on multiple systems, most of these privacy concerns are very overblown. There are settings enabled by using Express Settings that shouldn't be but if you take 5 seconds to do Custom Settings, most of it can be turned off. And it still pales in comparison to the volumes of information all social networks and smartphone platforms are collecting and monetising without your knowledge. That people are acting as if this is some horrible new privacy breach that hasn't been done before aren't paying attention. If this bothers you, don't ever use Facebook, Twitter or your iPhone.

433 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo