Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2587 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 18, 2013, 09:53 wtf_man

Give up the PC- Get real! You’d have to pry the keyboard and mouse from my cold, dead hands

Unfortunately, most people just surf the Internet, do some e-mail, and use a few specific tablet / phone apps... which will make the PC niche for consumers. That level of usage is great for tablets and phones though... and very convenient for travelling.

As for gaming... A keyboard and mouse is a must for me, which is why I don't own a console. I'm not saying that I'm not open to a "Minority-Report-Like" interface... but things like the Kinect are far from it. If the technology ever gets good enough... I'd consider gaming that way... but I'll probably be in an old folks home by the time that happens... and I won't want to break my hip!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
19. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 17, 2013, 19:58 wtf_man

Julio wrote on Jan 17, 2013, 18:25:
Beelzebud wrote on Jan 17, 2013, 16:58:
Whoever decided that PC UI's should be the same as cell phone UI's needs to be ran out of town.

And whoever came up with the ribbon. Hang on a sec, I think that person just took a more important role at Microsoft.

Yup.

That would be Julie Larson-Green.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 17, 2013, 10:45 wtf_man

NegaDeath wrote on Jan 17, 2013, 10:33:
I wouldn't call Windows 8 "unusable". Schizophrenic, ugly, lazy, misguided are all good words but not unusable.

Well he was mainly focusing the "unusable" towards the first instances that full screen metro weather app kept popping up and he didn't know why... then he found out that sliding his mouse cursor on a laptop touchpad was "swiping to the right"

And to a non-tech savvy person that would be frustrating.

So, yes, in the context of an average consumer... as Verno said... that would be an accurate statement... but in the context of most people that have some tech common sense, they'd be able to find what they are doing wrong, and adjust... which does make the statement a bit ridiculous.

So... yeah... I agree with you, NegaDeath.

News Comments > Free DLC with Dishonored Purchase
5. Re: Free DLC with Dishonored Purchase Jan 17, 2013, 10:38 wtf_man

Techie714 © wrote on Jan 17, 2013, 09:08:
It's an outstanding game, I'm waiting for the story based DLC myself.

While I did enjoy the game, it wasn't as fantastic as I hoped it would be, and I went the pure non-lethal and stealth route.

Yes, there were many ways to "get to" the objective... but somehow I felt the level design was "on-rails" or claustrophobic , most of the time... and I'm not sure why. The rest of the game was pretty good, IMO... but the map / level layouts just weren't as outstanding as they could have been.

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 17, 2013, 09:31 wtf_man

Opinion: Windows 8 Is Unusable

The video makes a lot of valid points that I agree with, but at the same time some of the points are ridiculous.

Overall, though, I think it shows why most people who despise Windows 8, came to their conclusions after working with it a bit.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines
3. Re: Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 16, 2013, 15:10 wtf_man

I will wait for reviews, but I don't have real high hopes for this one.

Who knows, maybe it will be a pleasant surprise and not suffer from mass console-itis.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs
40. Re: BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs Jan 15, 2013, 20:32 wtf_man

pagb wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 12:29:
Intel HD 3000 Integrated Graphics
Yeah, sure

/ROFL

Yeah... the Intel HD 3000 doesn't even come close to the 8800 GT or the HD 3870.

Not super accurate, but shows how many tiers down the HD3000 is compared to the other cards: Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Commercial
1. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Commercial Jan 15, 2013, 09:24 wtf_man

THAT TV COMMERCIAL DIDN'T HAVE DX11!

*looks around and darts out of the room before the rocks fly*

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: etc., etc. Jan 15, 2013, 09:15 wtf_man

Actually... gun safety should be taught at a young age... I started teaching my daughter when she was 4, and bought her a .25 pistol that she could properly hold and chamber a round by herself (two very basic requirements before you start teaching a child how to handle a weapon). She is over 21 now and has attained marksman awards in the military, and is currently overseas.

Now whether this "NRA game" actually does this, is another issue. There is no substitute for supervised sessions at the range.

That's like anything else, though... one can't expect video games to do their parenting for them.

As for the unfortunate shooting... the mother was going to commit the son. Crazy people will get weapons no matter how much "control" there is. The difference is we live in liquid brain matter of mass media through 24/7 cable news and the Internet... so just about any shooting is more in your face.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
14. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 15, 2013, 09:01 wtf_man

Cutter wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 22:06:
And MS' worst mistake? Steve Ballmer Julie Larson-Green, period.

Fixed.

(Responsible for the Ribbon Interface and Metro)

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Specs
20. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Specs Jan 14, 2013, 15:26 wtf_man

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 14:53:
ACM supports DX11 but won't use any DX11 features, like tessellation. For all intents and purposes it's not a DX11 game. From a technical perspective it's a backwards step from the recent AVP game, especially as all the media features low polygon models and environments as well as low resolution textures. I'm hopeful that the gameplay will make up for it but at the moment it looks like I'll wait to pick this up on sale.

I haven't seen anything to suggest that ACM will be a decent PC port. That's in stark contrast to other non-DX11 games like Dishonored and Borderlands 2, which both had media and interviews talking about how the PC version was receiving special treatment. That makes me very sceptical, especially with the development history.

DX11 isn't essential but it is a warning sign and there have been many other warning signs.

Theyarecomingforyou has corrected my bad eengrish and posted a "politically correct" version of what I said.

Of course, I don't give a fuck about being "politically correct" in the first place, so that may have something to do with it.

7. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Specs Jan 14, 2013, 10:18 wtf_man

I wouldn't know about BL2... I've stated before I don't do cel shaded outlined games. I can't stand that art style. Yes, I'm picky. I mean... I know what I like, and I'm only willing to purchase what I like.

I'm saying if a modern game doesn't have DX11 support... that PRETTY MUCH means they put NO EFFORT in the PC version. That doesn't mean that there aren't exceptions... but it is more of general indicator to go by.

5. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Specs Jan 14, 2013, 10:01 wtf_man

Beamer wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 09:50:
Can you articulate what advantages it has that you're missing?

I pretty much already said it. IF they are limiting it to DX 9.0c (and I said IF (which is the way I'm reading the announcement)), that pretty much SCREAMS that it is a console port, in this day and age. Apparently I no speeking gud eengrish, since people are confusing my comment as graphics detail, when I'm talking PC specific tech (at this time), which means they put an effort into the PC version.

As for any graphic enhancements... DX 9 is fine, like I said... I'm not a graphics whore (even though Tavil disagrees), although I do like tessellation usage on modern DX 11 games... but it's not necessary.

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2013, 10:13.

1. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Specs Jan 14, 2013, 09:26 wtf_man

No DX11 pretty much makes this "wait for bargain bin"... even if it is good.

Not that I'm a graphics whore, but DX11 has been out too long to ignore it... which makes this most likely a crappy console port, hence bargain bin only.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 13, 2013, 15:22 wtf_man

I agree with the article. Plus, I'm not going to re-purchase my collection, yet again... I just got a majority of it on Blu-Ray, and got rid of a majority of my DVDs... a few years ago it was VHS vs. DVDs.

1080p is more than enough... I can already see the actor's and actresses' bad skin under the makeup... don't WANT more detail! Puke

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 11, 2013, 09:56 wtf_man

Cliff Bleszinski to give PAX East 2013 keynote.

Why? The douche left the industry, and needs to stay gone.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer
11. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer Jan 10, 2013, 10:33 wtf_man

netnerd85 wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 09:58:
DNF was a good shooter though. You can never match 10 years of expectation, never ever ever.

While I agree that they finished what they could given the incomplete materials from 3DRealms, most people seem to think it was a very poor shooter (standing on it's own merits as a game... nothing to do with the IP)

I personally never played it, so I can't give a solid opinion on whther it was a good shooter or not. I just now that the descriptions of the "on-rails" level design completely turns me off (Duke IP or not).

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer
1. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer Jan 10, 2013, 09:42 wtf_man

I hope this turns out good.

Going to wait for post launch forum opinions and game site reviews, before making a purchase.

Gearbox did a good job with Half-Life add-ons, and while Borderlands is popular, I can't do that cel shading outline crap.

Duke Nuke 'Em, though... I'm not sure I can forgive them for that.

So, it's a "wait and see", for me.

News Comments > Steam Hardware
2. Re: Steam Hardware Jan 8, 2013, 09:44 wtf_man

I'm real iffy on this.

I'd need a real good solution for a keyboard and mouse sitting in my lap, since I can't stand console game controllers... which is mainly why I've never bought a console.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 7, 2013, 15:36 wtf_man

Well... it was a hell of a quantum leap upgrade for me, going from a 3G (second iphone model) to a 5 (After 3GS, 4, and 4S models came out in between), and going from 3G AT&T to Verizon LTE.

A heavy graphical web page on my old phone and connection literally could take up to 5 minutes to render (even with great signal)... the same page on the new phone is rendered in seconds.

So, I can't bitch.

If I end up travelling and the MAPS APP is still fucked (Not that I've seen it mess up yet), I'll jut get Google's App.

/shrug

2587 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo