Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2554 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Remedy Teases 2013 Plans
14. Re: Remedy Teases 2013 Plans Jan 2, 2013, 14:25 wtf_man

No, I'm not talking about third person, itself.

I'm talking about shoulder-cam or side-cam vs. ass-cam.

I can do the 3rd person in most games... Dead Space and Alan Wake... I can't.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 2, 2013, 12:42 wtf_man

since I'm not into social networking... I actually had to look up what that was. LOL

While it is not really my cup of tea, but I can see why the tune is catchy. I'd rather see that get over a billion hits, than Bieber's crap.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2013, 12:22 wtf_man

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 12:13:
Is this where I quietly admit that I own a Surface and really, really like it?

Get a rope!

Seriously though, I played with my sister-in-law's Windows phone, and even though it was only 7.5, the tile interface wasn't bad, IMO. I still prefer IOS or Android, though.

On A desktop... I absolutely hate it. Even if I had a touch-screen monitor... I wouldn't want fingerprints all over it.

News Comments > Remedy Teases 2013 Plans
5. Re: Remedy Teases 2013 Plans Jan 2, 2013, 12:12 wtf_man

Unfortunately I bought Alan Wake on a Steam Sale, without doing my homework.

I got through the tutorial to the Lighthouse and haven't touched it since. I can't stand that camera angle. Same for Dead Space. Why the fuck they do this, and not give you a choice, is beyond me. I don't care "how the game was designed"... I care more about "how confortable is it for me to play".

So, Fuck 'em... they won't get my money again.

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2013, 11:04 wtf_man

nin wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 10:37:
I had a coworker bring in a laptop with it and the first thing we did was install classic shell. Thankfully we're avoiding it like the plague for general roll out.

Unfortunately... there's 3 problems with that.

1. MS thinks they are getting better sales than they actually are, when a good sum of people are actually modifying the shell. That means they will get the false impression that Metro is being accepted. Paying for something and having to radically modify it so it is "acceptable" goes against the grain of consumer market support. It is far better not to purchase Windows 8 at all (or immediately Downgrade on a new machine purchase), to send the correct message.

2. Most users do not know how to modify their shell, hence Microsoft will continue to Ram this change down people's throat, as it becomes forcefully accepted. (Much like the ribbon interface in Office has migrated to Explorer)

3. For enterprise users, any shell modification or replacement introduces an extra layer for troubleshooting, no matter how stable the product may seem on a home install.

This comment was edited on Jan 2, 2013, 11:28.

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2013, 10:23 wtf_man

nin wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 09:44:
Windows 8 proving less popular than Vista.

Nooooo, really????

I can't believe it! I thought everyone liked having that fugly tile interface shoved down their throats!

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Sells 1MM
21. Re: Torchlight 2 Sells 1MM Jan 1, 2013, 18:10 wtf_man

Congrats for Runic.

I personally can't get into "action-rpgs", so I can't really formulate a valid opinion one way or the other on how good the game is.

I'm happy for them over Blizzard's-shallow-cash-grab and always-online-DRM, though. I'd rather see people buy this than D3.

News Comments > New Year's Eve Tech Bits
2. Re: New Year's Eve Tech Bits Dec 31, 2012, 16:04 wtf_man

Dev wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 15:57:
I don't think they will kill PCs either, but I've seen a number of bluesnews posters say it will.

Yep... it's not phones, it's Microsoft... doing a fair share of killing PC's with XBox, Games for Winblowz Live, Surface, and Winblowz 8.

This comment was edited on Dec 31, 2012, 16:29.

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: Op Ed Dec 30, 2012, 12:40 wtf_man

The baseline for "Lowest Settings" should always be 30FPS with current lowest Intel Integrated graphics @720. (HD2500 ?)

Why?

Because you can sell more games.

That doesn't mean the highest settings can't push the envelope... but accessibility for the average non-techy user that buys their cheap shit from Dell, or Best Buy, or even fucking Walmart... the only way to hook them is to make the games accessible to those garbage PC's that they bought for $500, and leave the higher settings to us hard core gamers.

That's why the casual market took off, you can play that shit on crap computers.

Since the world is going mobile... most have switched to laptops. Most cheap laptops are, again, intel integrated gpus. If the industry doesn't target the vast majority of hardware out there... how the heck do they expect to make money?

The video presets should be something like:
(minimum 30FPS)

Low = Current Lowest Intel Integrated @720
Medium = Up to 2 year old Budget Discrete Card @720
High = Up to 2 year old Mainstream Discrete Card @1080
Ultra = Current Top End Discrete Card, or up to 2 year old dual Mainstream Cards. @1080

This comment was edited on Dec 30, 2012, 12:51.

News Comments > Boxing Day Tech Bits
1. How to offload your iTunes library to a NAS Dec 26, 2012, 14:28 wtf_man

Well... that was a coincidentally helpful since I just ordered a 27" iMac with a fusion drive and a nVidia 680M.

News Comments > Project GODUS Funded
21. Re: Project GODUS Funded Dec 22, 2012, 15:39 wtf_man

Couldn't care less about a success for Molyneux, however I am happy for the rest of the 22cans team, which seems to be a small indie development company at this time.

Since Molyneux's reputation almost hindered the project... with hope, the experience has humbled him some... We'll see.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2012, 00:34 wtf_man

Picked up Dishonored. I was gonna wait... but the 50% sale broke me down. LOL  

News Comments > Ubisoft Eyeing THQ?
15. Re: Ubisoft Eyeing THQ? Dec 22, 2012, 00:26 wtf_man

Although I don't like it... UPlay wasn't that bad for Far Cry 3. The offline mode works. It's just a couple of extra clicks to launch the game in offline mode.

I'd rather do that than be forced to logon to Origin just to play the my game (DA:O if any active DLC is in the save game, for example).

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 21, 2012, 19:26 wtf_man

SirKnight wrote on Dec 21, 2012, 11:34:
You're looking at it wrong.

/ROFL

News Comments > Star Trek: The Video Game in April
11. Re: Star Trek: The Video Game in April Dec 21, 2012, 13:50 wtf_man

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 21, 2012, 12:04:
If I win the lottery I swear I'm personally funding another Bridge Commander game. Why no one has ever duplicated their damage modeling of ships baffles me.

A TOS version please!

As for the 2008 Movie reboot... I actually liked it. I still think the 60's series is better, but I think the new actors did a great job of capturing the essence of the characters that the original cast created. As for the "too much action" bit that everyone seems to complain about... Balance of Terror and Doomsday Machine are my two favorite episodes... and yes.. they are mainly ship battles.

/shrug

News Comments > Free EA Expansions on GOG.com
13. Re: Free EA Expansions on GOG.com Dec 21, 2012, 09:16 wtf_man

I wish they had more 2005+ category games in their library... I'd rather buy from them, than Steam.  

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
35. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 16:06 wtf_man

Ratty wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 14:45:
Good recommendations. I'd forgotten about Far Cry 3. I skipped 2 because I liked the island setting of the original and 2 just didn't seem that great. Was that the one where people complained about boring side quests where you had to drive back and forth all the time? FC 3 returns to an island setting - though not as vast as the original I guess - and it's been getting good reviews. OK. I'm in.

In FC3 I stopped doing the side quests after unhiding the first couple of map sections, and concentrated on the main plot. I still did the towers (unhide map section) and liberated the 2 hostile camps in each map section, on the side... just to get around easier for the main plot... but the other 3 types of side quests I left alone (Hunt Animals, Kill Some leader dude with a knife, and blue exclamation point side quests (which are a bit less repetitive).

I bought FC2 on GOG as a result of FC3... so I imagine that skipping repetitive side quests can be avoided as well. I skipped FC2 for basically the same reason as you... but it was cheap and DRM free... so I added it to my collection.

Still don't have any of the Crysis games (cuz I'm a dirty pirate as far as Crytek is concerned... so fuck 'em)

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
6. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 13:43 wtf_man

Ratty wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 13:33:
Any SP FPS's I might want to look into? Even if they're a couple of years old.

I just finished Far Cry 3's main plot... It was surprisingly good, so I can recommend that if you are looking for something new.

I also picked up Painkiller Black on GOG... 2004 / 2005... very DOOM-like if you are into the nostalgia shooters.

Alpha Protocol... I enjoyed it, even though many poo poo it. It's cheap, so that might bring you some fun.

News Comments > etc.
1. THQ's Boss Explains, In Plain English, What The Hell Happened To His Company Dec 20, 2012, 11:46 wtf_man

Uh, no.

He explains how they are covering their ass with Chapter 11 and selling themselves for a new beginning... not what brought them down in the first place.

News Comments > Black Isle Fundraiser
6. Re: Black Isle Fundraiser Dec 20, 2012, 11:40 wtf_man

What The Fuck? I can say "fuck" but I can't say F*beep*T ???
... That's Right!

LOL!

2554 Comments. 128 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo