Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2563 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 15, 2013, 09:04 wtf_man

Top Gear already showed their tech was rubbish and Tesla is suing them too. I'm not sure the NY times is all that off... although they aren't all that trustworthy either.

That said... Like Top Gear showed... the fricken roadster is just too heavy to handle worth a crap... and if you drive it like you're going to have some fun with it... the range is decreased considerably (It doesn't matter what the exact numbers are).

If I were to go electric... I'd want to see more Hydrogen Fuel Cell cars. Honda (I Think) has some pilot program running down in Los Angeles where they have fuel cell stations available in the area. Add Hydrogen cell pumps to existing gas stations (Along with solar and verticale windmills (they look like a giant cork screw) to offset some of the conversion cost), and almost any current body styled car can be designed to have a fuel cell system.

This comment was edited on Feb 15, 2013, 09:17.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > System Shock 2 on GOG.com
21. Re: System Shock 2 on GOG.com Feb 14, 2013, 15:23 wtf_man

Be careful installing some of those mods... they aren't all compatible with each other.

Read the comments below the FAQ:

SS2 FAQ on GOG

News Comments > System Shock 2 on GOG.com
5. Re: System Shock 2 on GOG.com Feb 14, 2013, 10:01 wtf_man

It's definitely more RPG than action...there's quite a bit of action in it, but if you aren't willing to put up with the skills and inventory system you ain't going to get far.

It really saddens me that Bioshock didn't follow this formula, and wasn't a true "spiritual successor".

But like I said in yesterdays thread, If they've figured out how to untangle the license, it would be great to see a SS1 remake or SS3.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Feb 14, 2013, 09:24 wtf_man

Holy Crap! They remade that turd, Dungeon Lords, again???

Third attempt???

Did they get it right this time?

EDIT: Apparently not according to 2 reviews on metacritic, which I can't read the full reviews since they are russian and czech.
Meta Critic DL MMXII

DW Bradley needs to just give it up.
/facepalm

This comment was edited on Feb 14, 2013, 09:32.

News Comments > Valve Engineer Fired
4. Re: Valve Engineer Fired Feb 13, 2013, 10:11 wtf_man

Yeah, after Gabe's presentation, I can see how achievers, especially with driving personalities, would have difficulty adjusting.  

News Comments > System Shock 2 on GOG.com Tomorrow
2. Re: System Shock 2 on GOG.com Tomorrow Feb 13, 2013, 09:50 wtf_man

Although I already have it, and the new patch... this is great.

If they can somehow untangle the licensing mess for an SS3, or an SS1 remake... that'd be awesome!

I'd love to see Ultima Underworld remakes too.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2013, 10:14.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines
145. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 13, 2013, 09:38 wtf_man

Beamer wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 09:14:
Shataan wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 08:35:
GearBox has stated time and time again the XBox360 and PC versions will be pretty well the same version.

Actually, no they didn't. They swore up and down that the PC version would be enhanced and be DX11. Then they stopped talking.

And folks here villified me for saying that since there wasn't any DX11 features, that was a sign that they didn't put much effort in the PC version.

Well... it's apparent that they didn't put much effort in any version, LOL
I wonder what the hell they were doing for 6 years?

123. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 12, 2013, 22:52 wtf_man

nin wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 21:14:
RPS weighs in, and it's not good...

edit: I like the part where the alien bursts through body armor...

Ok, I changed my mind after reading the RPS article... I don't think I'd even pick this up at a $5 or less sale, now.

26. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 12, 2013, 10:18 wtf_man

MoonSpook wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 10:09:
Wonderful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8J8SzBhjqaQ

/ROFL

dardin wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 10:07:
The last Aliens game which I picked up on a Steam sale for $5 was not very good either. I played it for a couple hours and then uninstalled it. So I do not find it surprising at all that this one would turn out to be even worse.

Same here... although I didn't uninstall it... played the Marine and got through the Aliens to the Predator section, and never touched it again.

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 12, 2013, 09:50 wtf_man

While the graphics don't look all that bad to me from the trailers... the horrid voice acting from one of those trailers still rings in my head.

Given the release comments and reviews, I'll probably pick this up on a sale that has it at $5 or less.

/shrug

News Comments > Diablo III Community Q&A - Patch Tomorrow
18. Re: Diablo III Community Q&A - Patch Tomorrow Feb 11, 2013, 19:49 wtf_man

nin wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 14:42:
Somebody turn on the deq-signal...

danna-nanna-nanna-nanna-DEQ-MAN!
danna-nanna-nanna-nanna-DEQ-MAN!
danna-nanna-nanna-nanna-DEQ-MAN!... DEQ-MAN!... DEQ-MAN!

(ok... that is probably before most of the folks here's time... so, I'm and old fart, so sue me!... and git off maih lawn!)

News Comments > Wildman Kickstarter Cancelled
14. Re: Wildman Kickstarter Cancelled Feb 11, 2013, 19:44 wtf_man

Never played any of his games, and if I remember correctly... the first dungeon siege had poor reception, so I skipped it.... and all his other games are either RTS or ARPGs... which I'm not into.

However, I aree that using kickstarter isn't an appropriate way to try to save a company.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 11, 2013, 12:19 wtf_man

Well... my 8800GTX lasted 5 years for me, and I expect my GTX680 will last at least that long... so I can't say that I'm all that surprised with either company slowing down how often they put out a new card.

That said, I was looking forward to getting an HD8750 for our guest room machine. I won't run out and buy a 7750 when I know that an 8750 is right around the corner.

That is the segment they really need to concentrate on, since they are going for low power for mobile. Squeeze as much performance as possible without needing an extra PCIe power cable would benefit their Mobile R&D. It is also the segment that nVidia hasn't competed well in... the 7750 is significantly faster than the GT640... which is pretty impressive for a card that needs no extra power.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 10, 2013, 13:07 wtf_man

Drayth wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 13:04:
According to my calculations, everyone in the world now owns Skyrim and ARMA II and are now buying their second set of copies...

I'd rather see this, than the fricken Sims and their expansions constantly on the top 10.

News Comments > Origin for OS X
5. Re: Origin for OS X Feb 8, 2013, 12:09 wtf_man

Creston wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 11:12:
Hey, this a good deal. Now people can ignore them on TWO platforms!

Creston

Yup.
I have both platforms and still haven't installed it on Windows!
..and since I don't game on my Mac... it will be even easier to avoid.

News Comments > Obsidian Pitching New Star Wars RPG
23. Re: Obsidian Pitching New Star Wars RPG Feb 8, 2013, 11:57 wtf_man

Yakubs wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 11:36:
Starting to get desperate? They've always been desperate. They did a South Park cash-in game, for crying out loud. Their only attempts at original IP have always failed.

While Alpha Protocol may have failed commercially... I enjoyed it (except for the dialog timer). A bit more polish and I think it would have done better than it did.

News Comments > Obsidian Pitching New Star Wars RPG
7. Re: Obsidian Pitching New Star Wars RPG Feb 8, 2013, 09:59 wtf_man

... and who's going to give me a loan?, Jackhole!, You?
You got an ATM on that Torso Light Bright?
Now get your 7 foot 2 asthmatic ass back here, or I'm going to tell everyone what a whiney bitch you were about padamommay, or panda bear, or whatever the hell her name is!
... Oh Jeeze, he's Cryin'!

The Emperor's Phone Call

News Comments > Activision/Blizzard Reveals Profits, Unannounced MMOG
13. Re: Activision/Blizzard Reveals Profits, Unannounced MMOG Feb 8, 2013, 09:26 wtf_man

I still don't get the WoW addiction. I've played many MMOs that I thought were better (and held my attention for a year or two), and after getting to the mid levels in WoW within a couple of months... looking for the addiction that everyone else seems to find... I just couldn't stand it anymore, quit, and never looked back.

It has to be one of the dullest MMO's I've ever played, and I don't know why... because it's not that far off the typical MMO designs from games I've played that I felt were superior.

/shrug

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 6, 2013, 22:31 wtf_man

If they had the equivalent of Firewall IP and iBlacklist in the app store, I wouldn't have to "hack my IOS" device...

But those apps are exactly the types that Apple (and the telecom carriers) will never allow, because they give you FULL CONTROL of your own device, regarding what YOU ALLOW it to do, or not do.

News Comments > John Carmack On Linux Gaming Support
11. Re: John Carmack On Linux Gaming Support Feb 6, 2013, 10:32 wtf_man

Well... I find it interesting that Timothee actually said:
"They simply lost interest towards the PC in general during the idTech5 cycle"

And Carmack is focusing on the Linux comments.

It is real apparent that he first lost interest in OpenGL in favor of DirectX, and he was a huge proponent of OpenGL... and now it's apparent that he (and the rest of id) has (have) lost interest in the PC in favor of Consoles.

So, he'll probably retire after idTech6... but then again, I always thought 5 was going to be his last effort.

2563 Comments. 129 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo