Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2699 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 5, 2015, 10:20 wtf_man

If he's talking tethering to the phone for streaming game services like onlive for a super VR (but not super interactive) experience... then maybe... otherwise I don't get it.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Patches
13. Re: Morning Patches Mar 4, 2015, 15:36 wtf_man

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 10:49:
But a real question, have the fixed the issue with a group and phasing if someone is one a different sub-part of a quest? It was promised but at least 6 months ago that was still in there and seemed like it was abandoned.

It's still a work in progress, but a majority of them don't make your groupmates invis anymore, for being in a different quest step. Probably around 75% or so of the zone quests are fixed.

Guild and personal story are still, and always will be solo only.

Hope that helps.

News Comments > Morning Patches
2. Re: Morning Patches Mar 4, 2015, 10:31 wtf_man

Spent most of my time redistributing all of my attribute, skill, and champion points across all of my characters... so I didn't have a huge amount of time to test the changes on each character (I have 4 that are active).

That said, bow seems weaker... and everything else seems a little beefier. It may be that I'm just not used to the animation timing changes... I don't know.

Champion System is kind of meh. I know they nerfed some shit in order to accommodate for it. It's just hard to tell what got nerfed with all the number changes. Technically, they took some stuff away that we have to re-earn.... but overall it seems to be a positive change in balancing power since most of my characters don't feel nerfed, but actually feel a little more powerful.... so I guess they did it right.

News Comments > NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May
3. Re: NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May Mar 4, 2015, 10:23 wtf_man

loomy wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 10:19:
everything about this is neat, but GRID is what will blow people away. and you can't appreciate it until you use it. it's a $200 console that runs a $1000 computer's games with no download, install, or configuration. it's kind of disorientingly good

I'll stick to my PC, thanks.
I don't rent my games, and I constantly play offline.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Free
24. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Free Mar 2, 2015, 15:37 wtf_man

Beamer wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 14:53:
Axis wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 14:42:
Ahh the sweet sound of capitalism and competition - thanks Unity!

Unity has nothing to do with this. Unity has made absolutely no dent in AAA games, which Unreal owns. It's made a big dent in mobile games, which UE4 isn't yet optimized for.

I disagree... Unity 5 just came out, and it probably turned up the heat enough (feature-wise), to get more shops (AAA and Indie) to look at it. Granted, you aren't going to get all the full bells and whistle effects of UE... but Unity might be enough.

Anyway, if more shops start prototyping with Unity... they'd likely stick with it through the whole project.

So, I'd say this is a smart move by Epic... and not necessarily a charitable one.

News Comments > New Guild Wars 2 Cameras to Include First-Person
15. Re: New Guild Wars 2 Cameras to Include First-Person Feb 26, 2015, 15:32 wtf_man

Fion wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 12:21:
And Wtf_man, your talking about the level 80 zones collectively called Orr. You may be interested to note that the whole 'monster density problem' was toned down a little some time ago and there are half a dozen zones for level 80 in the game these days. Though if you do your personal story it'll always take you there, it's entirely optional.

At the time it was Malchor's Leap and Cursed Shore Zones... the beginnings of Orr?... I can't remember.

Anyway... after futzing in those zones for a couple of weeks I was completely turned off by the game. I'm glad that they possibly fixed it, though.

News Comments > New Guild Wars 2 Cameras to Include First-Person
3. Re: New Guild Wars 2 Cameras to Include First-Person Feb 26, 2015, 10:28 wtf_man

I quit playing a few months into it... It was a good game, but once I hit the level 80 zones it felt more like an action RPG (Diablo-like, which I can't stand) being attacked every fricken 10 feet.

The funny thing is ESO with a subscription has lasted longer for me... and no that it's going B2P, and more of my friends are pouring in... it's probably going to outlast the longest MMO I ever played, which was Asheron's Call for 3 years.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 23, 2015, 21:33 wtf_man

Redmask wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 18:54:
'We didnt find any evidence of the hack' bullfuckingshit. We swept it under the rug at the behest of government bodies more like it.

Actually... more like BS for survival mode.... Gemalto's stock took a big dump when the hack story broke the other day.

Gemalto Investors Smarting from SIM-Card Hack Claims

This comment was edited on Feb 23, 2015, 22:35.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 23, 2015, 10:34 wtf_man

Flo wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 09:38:
I switched to Win 8 right away due to the faster boot times.
Who cares about a few colored tiles when you get SPEED.

The faster boot times are bullshit.
You aren't really shutting down fully by default... you are hibernating.

You could get the same thing from Windows 7 if you choose to hibernate instead of shut down.

A full boot on either OS on an SSD is about the same. 8,8.1 is probably slightly faster, but negligible. Not enough for me to switch.

Win 10 is good except for all of the builtin crap that tries to force cloud, bing, and other datamining.

I'll probably just use Server 10 as a workstation OS , since it's not as intrusive.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 20, 2015, 15:41 wtf_man

The hard drive thing is bad enough, but I'm more pissed about the SIM card thing... that's outright criminal.

Any normal person hacking a company to steal "instant eavesdrop wire-tap access" to 2 billion devices would be put in prison for 100000000 years... but no... the NSA / GCHQ can be above the law.

News Comments > Elder Scrolls Online Loyalty Rewards
8. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Loyalty Rewards Feb 20, 2015, 09:13 wtf_man

Darks wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 21:20:
So, when we see someone riding this thing in game we can all go, hey look at hay loser who paid over 300 day for a Tiger mount.

You can call me a loser if you want... I've enjoyed the game since beta, still play it almost daily, and I'll probably still support it with the monthly option.

/shrug

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Trailer
16. Re: Homeworld Remastered Trailer Feb 19, 2015, 15:20 wtf_man

Uh... this is from Gearbox... you know it's going to be a buggy clusterfuck. A Hi-Res clusterfuck... but still a clusterfuck.  

News Comments > Broken Age Act 2 in Beta, Due in Spring; Schafer on Molyneux
14. Re: Broken Age Act 2 in Beta, Due in Spring; Schafer on Molyneux Feb 19, 2015, 15:09 wtf_man

jdreyer wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 13:26:
I understand that people are mad at Peter, but I think calling him a "liar" is inaccurate. That implies a deceptive intent from that start, that he said all those things knowing he'd never deliver. I've never found that to be the case with him. He believes his own grandiose BS. He's an ideas guy that has no ability in his brain to conceptualize the scope of what he wants to do, and then he runs his mouth. Nothing is impossible until it's actually impossible. That's why he absolutely needs an equal with sharp business acumen to reign him in. Unfortunately, he has become so successful that he's gone full Lucas and no one can tell him what to do.

Uhm... he admitted that he would say "anything" just to get funded... that pretty much means he know he lied on some things, from the get go.

/shrug

News Comments > Broken Age Act 2 in Beta, Due in Spring; Schafer on Molyneux
2. Re: Broken Age Act 2 in Beta, Due in Spring; Schafer on Molyneux Feb 19, 2015, 09:38 wtf_man

Pot defending Kettle.  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 16, 2015, 21:05 wtf_man

Silicon Avatar wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 19:41:
That Underworld Ascendant KS is just barely making it.

I thought I was going to back it but I just keep messing around and not doing it.

I'm more than willing to back it... but not though kickstarter since they got rid of Amazon payments. Not giving my CC to some unknown company. I hope they will get backed, and have a separate pay pal thing going on their own web site, afterwards.

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence
72. Re: Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence Feb 14, 2015, 12:06 wtf_man

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 11:28:
wtf_man wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 11:18:
WSJ... part of the "Mass Pussification" of America that's on a mission to get everyone "Politically Correct".

That's what the hell is wrong with him.

So because I wrote code I somehow have editorial influence?

No... but I'm sure working for that rag had some influence on your personal outlook... I mean, you consider a non-professional journalist, calling someone to the carpet in an interview, as "bullying".

That's very PC these days.... anyone saying anything negative or potentially "hurting someone's feelings" is considered "bullying".

If Peter was getting too butt hurt... he could have just ended the interview. I actually give him some credit for sticking through the whole ordeal.

So, I guess the bottom line is... I (and others, apparently) take issue with you labeling the interview as "bullying". Badgering... maybe... Bullying... I disagree, mainly because it's so easy to label anything harshly non-PC into that category, these days. TOO Easy.

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence
56. Re: Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence Feb 14, 2015, 11:18 wtf_man

Redmask wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 11:04:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 10:22:
I did not back this project, I've never purchased a PM game, but I hate bullying. This guy deserves to be taken to task, but not bullied like this. Fuck all of you that enjoy and encourage this. Man, if you guys just directed this energy to shit that really matters...

'bullying' seriously? Criticizing someones business actions and asking them questions in one on one setting that they agreed to and can leave at any time is fucking BULLYING? What the hell is wrong with you?

Well... he said..

I'm a developer myself, I'm a CTO and founder in a startup and worked for the WSJ for 8 years as a lead architect.

WSJ... part of the "Mass Pussification" of America that's on a mission to get everyone "Politically Correct".

That's what the hell is wrong with him.

That said... I don't really consider RPS to be "Professional Journalists" (Compared to something big like IGN), so I think they have more leeway to be less tactful and more direct in their interviews.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 13, 2015, 10:27 wtf_man

Wow... RPS really goes after him... didn't have time to read the whole thing right now... but DAMN!  

News Comments > Star Citizen January Report; Funding Passes $72M
31. Re: Star Citizen January Report; Funding Passes $72M Feb 8, 2015, 01:44 wtf_man

Sugarman wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 00:03:
Seeing how some of you hate SC so much, yet you are overly passionate about never missing an opportunity to trash the game, I think we have some closet SC fans in these comments.

And for those who think they are lying about how much funding they have received, I'm sorry, but that's one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard, I laughed though, so your pointless comment wasn't completely wasteful.

I spent 20 or 25 (can't remember exactly off the top of my head) when there was an opportunity to back a spiritual successor to Wing Commander ( In my case more specifically, Squadron 42)

However, IMO, anyone spending hundreds or thousands on ships for a game that isn't anywhere near completion is a fuckin' idiot.

/shrug

News Comments > Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter
15. Re: Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter Feb 4, 2015, 15:39 wtf_man

Creston wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 14:13:
Why, KS, did you stop using Amazon Payments...

This.

With hope it will get funded and they'll have a separate pay-pal thing on their own web site, later, to try to raise more.

2699 Comments. 135 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo