Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2579 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Areal Funded; Putin a Backer?
2. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 20, 2014, 12:34 wtf_man

Uh... it looks like it was ONE pledge... in the 10k or more bracket.

It was either one of them or one of their friends.... they'll get their money back plus the scammers get to split the 35k or so (minus kickstarter's take)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 17, 2014, 15:48 wtf_man

TV, TV, TELEVISION, TV, TV, CALLADOODIE, TV, TELEVISION, CALLADOODIE, TV, CALLADOODIE, TV, TV, CALLADOODIE, CALLADOODIE,TELEVISION, CALLADOODIE, CALLADOODIE, TV,CALLADOODIE, TV, CALLADOODIE...

...XBOX GO HOME!

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 17, 2014, 15:36 wtf_man

Did I call it, or what?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 17, 2014, 09:50 wtf_man

As the article says... most of the credit goes to the Kinect-less version for $399.

Amazing how getting rid of an unwanted bundled spycam would boost their sales, eh?

They have some real rocket scientists working at Microsoft marketing!!!

So... now you can buy a less powerful PS4 for the same price.
(Of course, game exclusives will drive some of the sales one way or the other)

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 16, 2014, 09:41 wtf_man

NSA Recruiting College Students. Cheating on tests, snooping on roommates plusses.

... and peeping tom skills utilizing holes in gym / locker room walls will get you right in.

News Comments > Ex Infinity Ward Devs Reload
7. Re: Ex Infinity Ward Devs Reload Jul 15, 2014, 15:43 wtf_man

The spiritual Successor game is to be called:

Calladoody: Shiz in yo face

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 15, 2014, 15:29 wtf_man

The report claims some of the cuts will be in marketing departments for businesses such as the global Xbox team...

The first "Marketing" guy that needs to go is Major Nelson.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 8, 2014, 13:05 wtf_man

Not defending Foxconn nor their working conditions... but they employ over 1 million people.

When you put it in that perspective... the suicide rate is actually fairly low, and being dramatized by the media. We have less than that in the northern half of my state, and there's been more suicides than what is reported at Foxconn every year.

That said... I too wait for the robots to unplug themselves!

8. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2014, 12:37 wtf_man

Beamer wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 11:20:
So you avoid 50% of the tracking, but not the 50% the police go to with warrants.

I don't care about law enforcement tracking where they have to get a warrant, and there really isn't any personal info on a dumb phone... so no biggie, there.

I'm just getting sick and tired of all the companies that track your online activity. So, eliminating the OS manufacturer has some value to me. Also, a dumb phone wouldn't have a web browser, so I wouldn't be tracked that way.

Here's another pro... if my dumb Phone gets lost or stolen.. I wouldn't really care, since it has no personal info on it. Yeah... I know they are passing kill switch legislation, but if the info isn't there in the first place, then it doesn't really matter.

Now, I never said I was going to switch to a dumb phone... I said I was considering it. I'm also considering a black phone, a modded android without google, or a firefox phone. The only inconvenience of going to a dumb phone for me would be that I would be unable to look up prices when I'm in a store... so, I have to weigh that out.

As for apps, I hardly have any installed on my phone... just an ad blocking web browser and a file manager. (My tablet has a few games, starwalk, the same ad blocking web browser, and a weather app).

So, I'm no app fiend... but if I travel, I'm more likely to use my tablet than my phone to occupy myself. Oh... and it's wifi only... so no carrier tracking with that.

/shrug

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2014, 11:10 wtf_man

I've actually been considering going back to a dumb phone to avoid a majority of the tracking.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 1, 2014, 18:43 wtf_man

Unfortunately, Windows 9 will probably still have that shitty "flat look" that seems to be all the rage of UI designers, lately (including IOS, the new OSX, and the new Android)

I fricken hate the "flat look".

News Comments > Underworld Ascension Announced
28. Re: Underworld Ascension Announced Jul 1, 2014, 18:38 wtf_man

*checks pants*

...yup, I jizzed.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 27, 2014, 15:46 wtf_man

Kinect's dead, no matter what Phil says

Duh, Really?

News Comments > GameStar: Crytek in Financial Trouble
17. Re: GameStar: Crytek in Financial Trouble Jun 22, 2014, 14:46 wtf_man

bhcompy wrote on Jun 22, 2014, 13:13:
Crytek's games always seemed like glorified tech demos. The problem is that they could never sell their engine for any decent game, as the market is essentially build your own engine or use Unreal(with a few rare instances of Source or id). Monolith ran into the same problem with Lithtech after FEAR played itself out.

I think the First Far Cry was pretty good, compared to what other engine developers put out after iD's peak of Quake 3 engine sales. Crysis on the other hand... haven't owned one of them... especially when they started crying that everyone was pirating. I tried the fist crysis demo when it came out and it didn't grab me (obviously).

That said, it seems more like everyone is either going Unity (Especially indies), or Unreal. iD has no Tech 5 sales to speak of, and Cry Engine has a handful compared Unreal and Unity.

News Comments > Ubisoft's Newfound DRM Insight
26. Re: Ubisoft's Newfound DRM Insight Jun 21, 2014, 13:27 wtf_man

Get rid of uPlay requirements on all old and new games, and I'll forgive.

I don't want a fucking data mining service. Just the damn game (in full... no nickel and dime DLC shit... full expansions, OK).

Same goes for Steam (as far as the service goes).

I DO buy all of my games. Haven't pirated since I was a kid / young adult.

/shrug

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 19, 2014, 15:39 wtf_man

Well, if it had Photoshop CS6 (No cloud shit), and if wine worked perfectly with every Windows game (including ones coming out), with minor performance loss... I'd switch in a heartbeat.

As it stands now... I have a Windows 7 Box for gaming only, and an iMac for everything else, which is kind of funny from someone that has to support 1600+ Windows workstations and 200+ Windows servers.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 18, 2014, 15:29 wtf_man

nin wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 09:09:
Alternative headline: Microsoft explains how Kinect it's stupid fucking camera hobbled xbones power.

Yeah... but even the 10% boost isn't enough to compete with the PS4's 30%-50% performance advantage.

There are still developers that are going to either reduce the resolution compared to the PS4, or disable some eye candy, to get acceptable frame rates.

I know everyone says it's the games that matter and not the hardware... but when the majority of the games are on both platforms... the Hardware matters... especially for $100 less (or even the same price without the Kinect).

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Delayed Again
23. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Delayed Again Jun 13, 2014, 15:32 wtf_man

Creston wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 12:31:
But a publisher also wouldn't approach a dev with a clear goal for a game, ask for a deadline, then a month later add 10 stretch goals to it and demand it still be delivered on the same release date. (well... a reasonable one wouldn't, anyway.)

Which is basically what some people are saying...

I don't buy that as an excuse.

Stretch goals aren't part of the initial pitch, so the people that contributed before stretch goals were posted, are screwed, if there is a huge addition to development time.

Stretch goals shouldn't be so lofty in the first place, that they add large amounts of development time. They're chasing "dollars / more backers" for minor features, yet encumber themselves exponentially. (Which probably equates to costing more than they collected for the feature).

It's stupidity.... from a business perspective.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 6
3. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 6 Jun 13, 2014, 10:15 wtf_man

MajorD wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 10:13:
nin wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 09:49:
Spencer explains why Microsoft didn't bring Windows games to E3.

"When we're doing gaming strategy, gaming focus inside the company, that's my job. I think in a lot of ways, you could argue gaming on Windows has never been more healthy in that the biggest of the big franchises, League of Legends, World of Tanks, those things dwarf a lot of what we're doing in this console space in terms of users and monetization. They're all on PC."

"For us, E3 is a console show and an Xbox show, and for us as Microsoft, Xbox is our gaming brand, and it's the thing we can fill an arena like this, we get millions of people to watch us on TV and we show our games and it's a brand that people care about."

I don't know where to start, frankly...

Jackass! I'll start there.

Yup.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Delayed Again
18. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Delayed Again Jun 13, 2014, 09:17 wtf_man

Number of Kickstarters I have received on time. ZERO.
Number of kickstarters I have received within a year of the initial projected date. ZERO.

That's just with my piddly $20-$30 pledges.

Imagine a publisher investing millions.
While I don't think publisher's should have creative say... they definitely should be able to demand reasonable deadlines.

And so far, I can't think of one single developer that can adhere to one... even when they set their own.

2579 Comments. 129 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo