Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2545 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 26, 2013, 10:26 wtf_man

Well... I'd certainly be leaning more towards a PS4 than an XBox 720.

Especially if MS comes up with something ridiculous like you need an XBox Live Subscription in order to use a Netflix app (which is a rumor that I have heard due to needing the 24/7 Internet connection... all the non gaming apps are tied to the XBox subscription)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > AMD's Hair-Raising Tech
2. Re: AMD's Hair-Raising Tech Feb 26, 2013, 10:06 wtf_man

So, this is what they're concentrating on? Hair?

Sorry, I don't need Movie CG quality hair in my games to be immersed. I'd rather see a much higher quality FXAA (like TXAA) that works on any game engine without developers having to code anything, especially for the cruddy ports that don't have any AA options. Set it once in the drivers, and forget it. FXAA injection helps some... but it's still crap for the most part.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem
36. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem Feb 25, 2013, 20:54 wtf_man

8GB patch sounds about right to me.  

News Comments > Watch_Dogs Trailer, Website
3. Re: Watch_Dogs Trailer, Website Feb 25, 2013, 09:42 wtf_man

Cool video.

Warning... site was like on dial-up... had to pause the video and wait for it to download before I could watch it.

As others have said... I hope it turns out well... it looks way more interesting than a typical GTA clone.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Feb 25, 2013, 09:16 wtf_man

EricFate wrote on Feb 24, 2013, 20:02:
"Nobody can work from home right now, come into the office" means one thing, and one thing only in corporate speak. "We need to lay a bunch of you off, and we don't think you respect us enough to actually come and voluntarily turn in all the stuff of ours that you currently have in your home office."

More like... we need to lay a bunch of you off... so we're taking away a privilege (and in some cases an agreement to being employed) in hopes that it will piss enough of you off to quit. It's a win-win for us... since we won't have to pay for your unemployment, and we don't look bad in the public's eyes for laying more people off.

I do realize working at home can be abused... but that's why you make things task based instead of hourly. X tasks have to be done daily. Y tasks... we estimate it will take 2 weeks to complete... you have 2 weeks. Multiple deadlines missed... you're fired. If you are consistently ahead of schedule with quality work... you get a bonus. It's a business model adjustment.... and I agree there needs to be some days that people need to come in for live exchanges with thei co-workers and meetings and such.

News Comments > Bugbear's Next Car Game Announced
17. Re: Bugbear's Next Car Game Announced Feb 24, 2013, 18:31 wtf_man

Jerykk wrote on Feb 24, 2013, 03:47:
Edit: After a bit of research, looks like the only difference is the lack of LAN support and the unfortunate use of GFWL.

Well... no thanks.

I'll stick with Flatout 2, then, although I like the music better in the 1st one.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 24, 2013, 14:07 wtf_man

nin wrote on Feb 24, 2013, 11:36:
Not that they have - head still firmly in the sand. "What problem?"

Well... while that may be their public view statement... I'm sure privately, between the review scores, the internet banter, and the former devs that came out and said they knew it was crap... they really do know it that IS crap.

News Comments > Bugbear's Next Car Game Announced
11. Re: Bugbear's Next Car Game Announced Feb 23, 2013, 20:41 wtf_man

I liked Flatout 1 and 2... never got Ultimate Carnage... is that any good?

I know Beamer's quick opinion... but I'm looking for a little more detail.

Thanks.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 22, 2013, 20:39 wtf_man

avianflu wrote on Feb 22, 2013, 13:46:
have to disagree wtf -- that they officially announced their new flagship hardware with no notion of how it would look is a huge eye-brow raiser. You just dont do that unless there's other internal issues at hand.

Fair enough.
Who knows what politics are going on behind closed doors. I'm sure they will figure it out before release, though.

News Comments > Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers
6. Re: Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers Feb 22, 2013, 10:27 wtf_man

Riker wrote on Feb 22, 2013, 10:25:
I'm done giving Ubisoft my money. They fucked me with Settlers 7 (long story). Even if "always on" DRM is gone, they've permanently damaged their reputation with me.

I can understand that. I feel the same way about EA. Origin will never be installed on my machine.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 22, 2013, 09:49 wtf_man

avianflu wrote on Feb 22, 2013, 09:23:
"Sony President admits he hasnít seen final PS4 design"

AKA -- internal chaos at SONY with occasional anxious arm-flailing at each other.

Uh... the article simply states that they haven't come up with a final version of what the actual box / device will look like yet. The internal hardware is pretty much a done deal.

In other words, they're still deciding on a case design... and it probably has more to do with manufacturing costs than looks.

News Comments > Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers
2. Re: Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers Feb 22, 2013, 09:22 wtf_man

Verno wrote on Feb 22, 2013, 09:17:
While not perfect, Far Cry 3 and AC3 were pretty good PC ports. I don't love Uplay but its fairly innocuous and at least works with Steam in a roundabout way. I'm glad they backed down on their weird DRM strategy, they make a lot of interesting games and I didn't want to miss out on a bunch.

Ditto.
UPlay is annoying extra launch click for offline mode... but I can live with that.
I have the NIC in my gaming rig turned off 95% of the time... the exception is buying and downloading new games, patching, and playing GW2 (or some other MMO).

News Comments > Ziff Davis Closing 1UP, GameSpy, and UGO
46. Re: Ziff Davis Closing 1UP, GameSpy, and UGO Feb 22, 2013, 09:04 wtf_man

Not surprising.

They killed off Vault Network and Voodoo Extreme a little over a year ago, which pissed me off.

Wasn't Blues part of UGO at one time?

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 21, 2013, 09:36 wtf_man

Cutter wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 09:29:
His answer wasn't very direct, or not entirely complete I'd say. I could see them changing their mind at some point. So unless it's stipulated in writing I wouldn't hold my breath. And at the very least they never said there wouldn't be a charge for used games - which there already is for multiplayer. I'm sure the other shoe has yet to drop on this issue.

True, but I read into that being probably the publishers pushing some online DRM component like EA's Origin... not Sony doing it themselves with the PS4. Which would put it on par with the PC... avoid EA games, then.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 21, 2013, 09:15 wtf_man

Well if I were to get a console... I'd be leaning towards the PS4.

won't block used games, doesn't require a constant internet connectection, and can avoid all the social network bs...
correcting link that is broken:
PS4 won't require constant Internet connection.

If I did get a console... it would be because I'm dissatisfied with my current bluray player's apps... I could go find a better one... but maybe the ability to play a couple of games would be nice too. A casual box for the wife and guests.

EDIT: Another is that they'll use Gaikai to let you try the game before you buy... that's a huge plus. I used Gaikai to try Saints Row the Third, because I was totally unsure of that series... and ended up buying it for my PC, even though there was a bit of input lag on Gaikai... a 30 minute trial was enough to convince me to buy it.

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 2013, 09:33.

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Online Updated
10. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Updated Feb 20, 2013, 22:48 wtf_man

Cutter wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 22:15:
I've been in the NWO alpha for a while now and it's good for what it is - as mentioned - an ARPG. Classic D&D/NWN it is not - neither is DDO for that matter.

Which is probably why neither is my cup o tea... but I still find it difficult to believe that Cryptic isn't going to shit out some generic piece of crap, and then rely on everyone else to make their content for them, much like STO.

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Online Updated
4. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Updated Feb 20, 2013, 20:44 wtf_man

Darks wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 20:06:
This game is about dead. NWO is going to kill this game. I was on the recent beta and had a great time. I dont see this game lasting much longer once NWO is released.

Are you serious?
Cryptic puts out nothing but garbage.
Then again... DDO ain't all that great either, IMO.

News Comments > etc.
20. Re: etc. Feb 20, 2013, 15:31 wtf_man

mag wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 12:59:
Haha. Where have you guys been? Borders closed all of its stores two years ago. It's already gone. Completely.

Well it must have went out with a whimper, because I never saw any headlines about that.

It figures, though.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Feb 20, 2013, 10:33 wtf_man

nin wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 10:07:
I remember my trips to London (a decade or more ago), and hitting every HMV I could find, as well as the Tower (Piccadilly Circus, I think?). I swear to god, it seemed like there was a HMV about every block.

There was a Tower and Virgin stores in Vegas I'd always hit, too, but they're both gone...

Well... Barnes and Noble still sells CDs and Blu-Rays... but ridiculously expensive... can get the same Blu-Ray in a Walmart for $10 cheaper... and the CDs are still the same cost as 15 years ago??? Hah! (The only reason I'd get a CD is for ripping to MP3)

Also, with e-readers and tablets starting to sell e-books... I'm not sure how long Barnes and Noble, and Borders will be around. The Borders book store in my town, shut down 2 years ago. I have to drive 30 miles to get to Barnes and Noble, if I want a book right away. But otherwise I just order those online too.

News Comments > Murdered: Soul Suspect Next Year
1. Re: Murdered: Soul Suspect Next Year Feb 20, 2013, 10:22 wtf_man

That actually sounds pretty cool.  

2545 Comments. 128 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo