Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2476 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Q&As
1. Re: Morning Q&As Feb 1, 2013, 10:29 wtf_man

Gabe's talk is actually interesting.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BioShock Infinite 'City in the Sky' Trailer
31. Re: BioShock Infinite 'City in the Sky' Trailer Jan 31, 2013, 23:00 wtf_man

Kosumo wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 19:30:
So those Removed text are cos wtf_man wants a Bioshock:Hot Coffee?

Uh.. no.

Just the systematic pussification (as George Carlin puts it) of this country over the last 20 years or so, really pisses me off.

/shrug

24. Re: removed Jan 31, 2013, 17:39 wtf_man

Verno wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 15:58:
What pressure? In the videogame industry people aren't exactly shy about having chicks with knockers that are larger than their heads hanging out of their shirts.

All I remeber is some female group that was griping about it, and at the time there was no response from Irrational Games, so I figured that they ignored the "noise".

Then suddenly the character is shown with the alterations, so I figured that they caved in.

19. Re: removed Jan 31, 2013, 15:49 wtf_man

Beamer wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 15:46:
I'd rather just point out that it isn't why Levine made the change, and leave it at that.

Really?
You don't think they bowed to the pressure?

16. Re: removed Jan 31, 2013, 15:43 wtf_man

wtf_man wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 10:20:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jan 31, 2013, 11:26.

I guess the politcally correct infection has reached here, too... which is weird.

1. removed Jan 31, 2013, 10:20 wtf_man

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jan 31, 2013, 11:26.

News Comments > TERA Subscription-Free Next Week
7. Re: TERA Subscription-Free Next Week Jan 30, 2013, 15:37 wtf_man

Yakubs wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 15:19:
I don't really know of an MMO that has an innovative quest system since WoW.

There is nothing innovative about WOW's questing. Other MMOs did it before... the difference is WoW gave your retarded exclamation points over quest-giver's heads, and made questing worth way more progression "experience" than just killing random mobs (hence grinding quests instead of grinding mobs).

I like the "automatically cooperating" feature of GW2, rather than the typical "compete for mobs/resources in an area" model. That was a hellofalot more innovative than anything WoW ever did... and should have been done long ago.

As for Tera... I don't mind the bikini armor and high heels... but the oversized weapons, anime/jrpg hairstyles, and some of the pokemon cutsie races / creatures... are a major turn off to me.

News Comments > TERA Subscription-Free Next Week
1. Re: TERA Subscription-Free Next Week Jan 30, 2013, 09:39 wtf_man

I never really had any interest in this one, but I might actually try it, due to their non-restrictive F2P attitude.  

News Comments > Junction Point Studios Closed
16. Re: Junction Point Studios Closed Jan 29, 2013, 15:34 wtf_man

Unfortunately, Warren has been done since Deus Ex: IW.

I'd say the same for Harvey Smith, if it wasn't for Ralph Colantonio giving Harvey "a quickening" with Dishonored.

That's pretty much what Warren needs... A creative studio head that was inspired by Looking-Glass Studios early work... bringing him in as a partner on a new project... and getting those old school RPG design juices flowing again.

This comment was edited on Jan 29, 2013, 15:46.

News Comments > Half-Life OS X and Linux Betas Released
16. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 29, 2013, 09:16 wtf_man

UConnBBall wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 18:45:
That said... porting to both OSX and Linux isn't that far of a stretch since OSX is Darwin Unix under the hood. The Kernels are different but the file structure and many of the libraries are similar. So they then get another OSX game on Steam.

Actually they both use OpenGl and that is the big bonus. The Kernals are both Unixish but the file systems and the file format are more different then it looks like under the hood. Glad that we are seeing the start of the end of Linux hate?

I was referring to the directory structure having similarities (/bin, /sbin, /dev, /tmp, /etc, /usr, /var, etc.), not the file system technology (EXT3, EXT4, HFS+, etc.)

And yes, OpenGL, too.

News Comments > Half-Life OS X and Linux Betas Released
4. Re: Half-Life OS X and Linux Betas Released Jan 28, 2013, 10:16 wtf_man

nin wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 09:58:
Panickd wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 09:50:
While I applaud this I am not sure it was necessary. On the other hand even my Atom based Linux box with the shitty Intel graphics should be able to run a game that old and I do already own it so...

I suspect valve is trying to lead by example before encouraging fellow devs to do the same on steam.

Agreed. This has more to do with their new Steam "console" than anything.

That said... porting to both OSX and Linux isn't that far of a stretch since OSX is Darwin Unix under the hood. The Kernels are different but the file structure and many of the libraries are similar. So they then get another OSX game on Steam.

As for the graphics... I just started re-playing Half-Life: Source with the Enhanced Mod... and that brings the game into Unreal 2.5-ish era graphics, which isn't bad. I also disabled the music in the mod so I'd get the original game music. I much rather play this than Black Mesa's "re-envisioning" of the game.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
6. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 27, 2013, 18:22 wtf_man

Microsoft blasts PC makers: It's YOUR fault Windows 8 crash landed.

...as Microsoft hits the afterburner towards irrelevancy.

News Comments > SimCity: Details on Player Region Limits and Color-Blindness Mode
38. Re: SimCity: Details on Player Region Limits and Color-Blindness Mode Jan 25, 2013, 23:13 wtf_man

Verno wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 13:43:
wtf_man wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 09:55:
Unfortunately, probably around the same amount of lemmings that bought Diablo 3 will buy this. Wall

Why? Simcity is a decent brand name but I don't think it will move Diablo 3 numbers. Although I guess to be fair there is a big Blahville type market these days but most of those people are on Apples platforms now.

Well... I didn't exactly mean it would have Diablo 3 sales numbers... I was referring more to the fact that decent sales will help validate always-online, due to the lemmings (nicest name I can come up with) that don't care.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Jan 25, 2013, 10:39 wtf_man

I'm not sure how a small indie Developer that had 3 games that averaged 53k of revenue... and only *one* of those games were released for the console... is relevant data. And XBLIG may not be the distribution answer needed for indies.

I mean, even in the casual / indie sector, that's kind of slanted against consoles. (Not that I'm complaining... just doesn't seem all that truthful)

As for the PC being dead... we've all heard that before... so I'm not all that worried.

News Comments > SimCity: Details on Player Region Limits and Color-Blindness Mode
6. Re: SimCity: Details on Player Region Limits and Color-Blindness Mode Jan 25, 2013, 09:55 wtf_man

Unfortunately, probably around the same amount of lemmings that bought Diablo 3 will buy this. Wall  

News Comments > Funcom Closing Chinese Studio
1. Re: Funcom Closing Chinese Studio Jan 25, 2013, 09:36 wtf_man

No word if this has resulted in outcry from Chinese developers about their jobs being outsourced to the U.S.

/ROFL

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines "Kick Ass" Trailer
46. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 23:17 wtf_man

Prez wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 22:04:
I have actually become more tolerant in my old age instead of less, which is weird. So while I am tolerant of many of gaming's aforementioned regressions to a point (Blizzard and Bioware have in recent years regressed far beyond even what I can tolerate, and EA just flat-out sucks)

For me, I wouldn't label it so much as being "more tolerant" but rather I would think "lowered my standards", due to not having much choice in the matter.

So, yeah... I tend to bitch about it.

38. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 20:25 wtf_man

jdreyer wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 19:27:
We can be negative here, it's true. But there's lots to be negative about these days:
- Trend away from single player
- Trend towards Free 2 Pay
- Trend towards always online DRM regardless of game type
- Trend towards ports of console games over made-for-PC titles
- Trend towards monetization over gameplay
- Collapse of beloved devs/publishers
- Draconian EULAs
- Trend toward poor PR with gamers

Pretty much this, sadly.

19. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 15:35 wtf_man

The graphics look "ok" to me... some objects are a little more cartoony than I expected... but overall not too bad. I do value gameplay over graphics... control mechanics as well... especially mouse, keyboard, camera controls.

That said... I still don't expect much from the PC version, since it is DX9 only. As I said before, to me that is a sign they didn't really put any effort into the PC version, so I will wait until post launch reviews and opinions, before I purchase.

As for the voice acting... I sure hope that wasn't an in-game actor and just the trailer narrator.

News Comments > THQ Breakup Details Confirmed
12. Re: THQ Breakup Details Confirmed Jan 24, 2013, 09:59 wtf_man

nin wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 09:56:
I'm not sure how it worked - maybe they couldn't view each others bids?

I'm positive they couldn't.

But, after the sale, when one finds out that the next competing bidder was way lower... one tends to smack their heads and go "Doh!"

2476 Comments. 124 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo