Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2520 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 19, 2013, 15:11 wtf_man

NegaDeath wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 12:50:
I'm thinking he'd need to be seen in public dry humping an iPad.

Isn't that what Microsoft Surface is?

/snicker

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GeForce GTX TITAN Announced
8. Re: GeForce GTX TITAN Announced Feb 19, 2013, 10:20 wtf_man

Verno wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 09:59:
I don't need to see benchmarks, its for forum braggarts

Well... if they are claiming 10x more powerful than their predecessor... I want to see proof.

I'm pretty sure they mean compute power, and not game average framerate power, though. The 6XX series was skimpy on compute... which most gamers don't care about anyway.

So yeah... I don't see this card being worth $1000 for gaming.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 19, 2013, 10:02 wtf_man

ldonyo wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 09:35:
Best Buy's price-matching will only kill showrooming when their in-store selection is equal to the Internet's and they do the price matching automatically, not only when asked.

...and when they don't try to ram an extended warranty down your throat... and when they don't try to sell you a $5 HDMI cable for $35.

News Comments > GeForce GTX TITAN Announced
4. Re: GeForce GTX TITAN Announced Feb 19, 2013, 09:54 wtf_man

Bloody previews. No benchmarks. I hate that crap.
Looks like we won't see benchmarks until later this week, because the nVidia PR machine won't allow them.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 19, 2013, 09:37 wtf_man

Peter Molyneux: "Godus will turn you into a real God."  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 19, 2013, 09:22 wtf_man

Bill Gates 'not satisfied' with Microsoft's innovations.

Funny, neither is anyone else.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Feb 19, 2013, 09:04 wtf_man

Verno wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 08:47:
Maybe the PC crowd isn't as interested in yearly COD updates?

Maybe they aren't interested in cruddy console ports, which is what they all are nowadays.

I don't own one Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, nor Battlefield game... and I have a ton of FPS's in my collection.... Far Cry 3 being the most recent. (Well, I do have Battlefield 1942, but I never could get into it)

News Comments > Far Cry 3 New Feature Plans
5. Re: Far Cry 3 New Feature Plans Feb 18, 2013, 22:16 wtf_man

Reactor wrote on Feb 18, 2013, 20:33:
I just want it to work. I've had black screen crashes since the day I bought it. I think I've played a grand total of 15 minutes.

Well, you're not supposed to put an XBox 360 disc in your PC.

News Comments > Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations
24. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations Feb 18, 2013, 16:39 wtf_man

nin wrote on Feb 18, 2013, 13:39:
Games more popular than Aliens right now (via http://store.steampowered.com/stats ) :

Current players
3,071 - Aliens: Colonial Marines
4,351 - APB Reloaded (ah-hahahaha!)

/snicker

News Comments > Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations
18. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations Feb 18, 2013, 12:34 wtf_man

Well... since I have no interest in the Borderlands games... and they fucked up Duke (which was semi-understandable) and this game... I can honestly say that I'll never buy a Gearbox game.

I guess Opposing Force and Blue-shift will remain the only games I ever got from them.

News Comments > Star Trek: The Video Game Trailer
45. Re: Star Trek: The Video Game Trailer Feb 17, 2013, 14:18 wtf_man

Perhaps I just look at the movie differently than most.

Maybe being light on the morality issues had to be done because they were establishing the timeline split... so it's really a beginning.

And technically... there were morality things brought up, they just were not "in your face". Resolution conflict with others and within ones self (Spock Specifically). Kirk's persistance to fight for what he believe's is right (taking on the Roumans instead of regrouping with the fleet).

If you don't like the movie because it wasn't being "preachy", like most episodes of either series, that is fine, and that is your opinion. But others feel that the essence of the original series characters is there, and there is more to come as the movies dig deeper into those characters. Remember, Kirk, Spock, and McCoy were intended really represent different facets of one person.... which was brilliant of Roddenberry... and those facets have to really come out in order to start dealing with morality issues on a higher level. The first movie concentrated more on the timeline split than anything... now there's more room to explore other areas.

42. Re: Star Trek: The Video Game Trailer Feb 17, 2013, 13:00 wtf_man

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 17, 2013, 10:35:
Star Trek always was about ethics. Not just action.
TOS was in a time where the world simply wasnt ready for more advanced ethics. And even the stuff they implemented, like colored and Russian people on the bridge, was a huge deal back then. Also it was a 60s theme. You cant expect a 60s series to be like the ones from nowadays. TNG on the other hand made it much clearer.

The remake is an abomination in all kinds of ways, real fans havent accepted it. Only the ones who thought they are real fans and people who werent fans before - exactly like it was planned. This has nothing to do with Star Trek. Even Transformers has more in common with it than real Star Trek.

I certainly recognize that Star Trek was intended to be morality plays all along, and I even said so. I also recognize that the 60's series had their limitations, yet pushed the limit for their time, and the 80's series had could deal with things that weren't a big deal in the 60's. Hell, the TV execs wouldn't let a woman be the 1st officer (Pilot pitch episode), and it was pushing the envelope for Kirk and Uhura to kiss on the air, back then, which neither would be a big deal in the 80s.

That doesn't mean that liking the action portions of the series (either the 60's or the 80's) makes anyone less of a fan... and claiming that they are not a 'real fans' because they don't agree with people regarding the new movie, or that one series vs. another is any more intelligent over another... is asinine. Everyone has a right to their opinion on what the like or don't like... and it is possible to enjoy action while appreciating the morality side as well. People like you look like arrogant asshats that obviously didn't absorb ANYTHING that "Star Trek's "advanced" Ethics" tried to teach.

Who the hell are you (or anyone else) to say whether I'm a "REAL" fan or not? I was probably a fan before your were even born.

29. Re: Star Trek: The Video Game Trailer Feb 16, 2013, 21:44 wtf_man

NewMaxx wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 21:29:
but to at all call it a "Star Trek" movie is pushing it a bit...which is why it's a "reboot."

So you are saying that TOS really isn't Star Trek, and TNG, onward, really is?

I find that rather insulting.

The only reason TOS was campy was because it was extremely low budget, and the television execs didn't understand it, so they put in a shitty time slot, which is why it got cancelled with only 3 seasons. It only caught on when the syndicated re-runs ran early enough for kids to watch it... then the ratings went through the roof, and Star Trek, as the cult classic was born. The ratings in the early 70's were so much higher than the original air-dates, that they made an Animated Series with most of the original cast doing the voices.

Saying or implying that it "isn't really Star Trek", or it isn't "as intelligent as the newer series" is outright blasphemy!

This comment was edited on Feb 16, 2013, 21:59.

21. Re: Star Trek: The Video Game Trailer Feb 16, 2013, 17:42 wtf_man

Creston wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 17:22:
DangerDog wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 15:10:
Have diehard Star Trek fans accepted the reboot on a whole?

I did. It wasn't TNG or DS9, but I thought it was pretty good, especially compared to having NO Star Trek whatsoever.

I liked it too, and I grew up on TOS.

While many think the timeline split is lame... I am happy that they came up with *something* that wouldn't damage the original series stories, and I think that showed respect to the TOS IP, and the original cast.

I also think the new cast and direction did well at capturing 'the essence' of the original characters. That had to be really difficult.

As for the movie having too much action... I say BS. The best TOS movie, IMO, was ST:II Wrath of Khan, and it was fairly heavily action oriented... and my two favorite TOS episodes are ship battles.. (Balance of Terror and Doomsday Machine)... So, all the TNG fans need to suck it up... Kirk ain't no Federation Diplomat!

(Not that I dislike TNG, but TOS was a different animal... while they still were morality plays... they weren't as diplomacy oriented)

7. Re: Star Trek: The Video Game Trailer Feb 16, 2013, 14:22 wtf_man

God Damn shoulder cam. I absolutely hate that camera angle. If it's going to be 3rd person, give me typical ass-cam, like in an MMO, please.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
9. Re: Push for online sales taxes picks up steam in Congress. Feb 16, 2013, 07:25 wtf_man

LittleMe wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 22:48:
What's not being talked about is that the costs of government 'services' for online sales are also much less, but now they'll be taxed the same as if they were a storefront.

WTF are you talking about?

Sales Taxes are collect by counties (usually), and spread amongst ALL 'services' offered in that county (Police, Fire, county clerks office, city halls, etc, etc,)... not just any specific "online services"... and in a State like mine that doesn't have any State income tax, a portion of sales taxes go into the State general funds for education, welfare, employment, prisons, state legislature, etc, etc, so, how would "online" be able to be any 'less services' ?

Poperty Taxes, are a different story... Brick and Mortar stores have to pay that if they own the building, or it's built into their lease and the shopping center owner pays those... while online stores pretty much don't have that overhead... except the big ones like Amazon that have data centers and warehouses.... but generally way less than say, Wallmart. But technically... that's just overhead difference in the business model.

Don't get me wrong, fiscally I'm, conservative, but you seem to have a real mis-conception of what 'services' that sales taxes are actually collected for.... which is basically everything... supplemented by federal funds on some things and fees like business liceneses, auto registration etc, for agencies like State Public Safety, Transportation, and Unemployment benefits.

This comment was edited on Feb 16, 2013, 07:38.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 15, 2013, 09:26 wtf_man

According to the article the DX10 mod improves textures.

How can DX10 (injection or activation) improve textures?
Don't they actually have to be replaced with higher resolution ones???

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 15, 2013, 09:04 wtf_man

Top Gear already showed their tech was rubbish and Tesla is suing them too. I'm not sure the NY times is all that off... although they aren't all that trustworthy either.

That said... Like Top Gear showed... the fricken roadster is just too heavy to handle worth a crap... and if you drive it like you're going to have some fun with it... the range is decreased considerably (It doesn't matter what the exact numbers are).

If I were to go electric... I'd want to see more Hydrogen Fuel Cell cars. Honda (I Think) has some pilot program running down in Los Angeles where they have fuel cell stations available in the area. Add Hydrogen cell pumps to existing gas stations (Along with solar and verticale windmills (they look like a giant cork screw) to offset some of the conversion cost), and almost any current body styled car can be designed to have a fuel cell system.

This comment was edited on Feb 15, 2013, 09:17.

News Comments > System Shock 2 on GOG.com
21. Re: System Shock 2 on GOG.com Feb 14, 2013, 15:23 wtf_man

Be careful installing some of those mods... they aren't all compatible with each other.

Read the comments below the FAQ:

SS2 FAQ on GOG

News Comments > System Shock 2 on GOG.com
5. Re: System Shock 2 on GOG.com Feb 14, 2013, 10:01 wtf_man

It's definitely more RPG than action...there's quite a bit of action in it, but if you aren't willing to put up with the skills and inventory system you ain't going to get far.

It really saddens me that Bioshock didn't follow this formula, and wasn't a true "spiritual successor".

But like I said in yesterdays thread, If they've figured out how to untangle the license, it would be great to see a SS1 remake or SS3.

2520 Comments. 126 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo