Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2597 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Watch_Dogs in November
11. Re: Watch_Dogs in November Apr 29, 2013, 15:30 wtf_man

I'm cautiously optimistic.

The gameplay definitely looks fantastic (given the past videos).

I'm leery about the inter-connected / social thing. I don't want to be constantly online, nor have some random asshat in my game. So I hope you can play the game entirely offline, if you wish, otherwise it is a no-sale for me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Spamalot Unchained
15. Re: Spamalot Unchained Apr 27, 2013, 19:44 wtf_man

I don't have any interest in a pure RVR MMO, nor any faith in Mark Jacobs even if I did... so I'll pass.

News Comments > Thief Production Issues?
25. Re: Thief Production Issues? Apr 27, 2013, 12:05 wtf_man

Overon wrote on Apr 27, 2013, 08:45:
Reform looking glass studios and give it to them to do it. Problem solved

Warren Spector - (Currently Available)
Tim Stellmach - (Vicarious Visions - Credited as Lead Designer of Thief I and II)
Doug Church - Valve
Randy Smith - Edge Magazine
Ken Levine - Irrational Games

And that's just the primary designers, or infulencing folks, if you will. There's still more designers and way more technical / artist personnel.
Uh... good luck with that. It would be easier for a GOOD fan group to reboot the IP, like what Interceptor Entertainment was going to do for Duke Nuke 'Em 3D and the incredible job they are currently doing for Rise of The Triad. (Go to the site and watch the dev diary videos... just awesome)

This comment was edited on Apr 27, 2013, 12:33.

News Comments > XCOM Now The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, a TPS Due in August
23. Re: XCOM Now The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, a TPS Due in August Apr 26, 2013, 15:33 wtf_man

jimnms wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 15:20:
Soulburner wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 12:14:
Third person shooter? Back when it was a first person shooter I thought it was very interesting. Now... I don't.

That was pretty much my thoughts when I saw they were switching to 3rd person.

Ditto

News Comments > EA Partners to Close?
24. Re: EA Partners to Close? Apr 25, 2013, 15:40 wtf_man

RollinThundr wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 12:55:
uses drm that everyone and their mother cries holy hell when any other publisher uses it, it's ok for Valve though.

I play my games in offline mode with the Wireless NIC turned off.
Most other company's DRM doesn't allow that. (although some like UPlay have, recently)

The only thing I hate about Steam is that it will make me go online once a month for updates and shit. When I say stay offline... I fricken mean stay offline.

As for Origin... I'll be damned if I'd let EA datamine me.

News Comments > EA Partners to Close?
6. Re: EA Partners to Close? Apr 25, 2013, 09:39 wtf_man

RollinThundr wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 09:29:
I still think the industry is heading for another '84 type crash before long.

That was mainly the coin-op gaming industry.
People quit going to arcades because of PCs and Consoles.

I was busy gaming on my Apple II back then, and my non-computer pals were playing / trading vast amounts of Atari 2600 games by that point. Who was going to go down to the local arcade and spend a ton of quarters?

PC gaming stayed above and rose from the ashes of that "crash".

News Comments > NY Times on 38 Studios
6. Re: NY Times on 38 Studios Apr 22, 2013, 10:31 wtf_man

I was just pokin' at him... nudge nudge wink wink knowwhatimean?

That said... I'd rather see someone responsible for a multi-billion dollar company get paid stupidly, than an athlete or a Hollywood celebrity with the "double digit IQ". That's just fricken wrong.

News Comments > NY Times on 38 Studios
4. Re: NY Times on 38 Studios Apr 22, 2013, 10:17 wtf_man

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 10:14:
Shocking eh? Someone who spent their entire life playing baseball not being a good businessman / CEO. Certainly it's possible he could have done both well, but not surprising in any way that he couldn't.

This.

There is a reason why most CEOs make a stupid amount of money... not that Cutter would agree.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
22. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 19, 2013, 15:46 wtf_man

BitWraith wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 10:54:
These [Windows 8] stories are so full of it. When Vista was released, all the nerds fell all over themselves on the internet bitching about how terrible it was. So, Microsoft reboxes it and sells it as Windows 7, and all of a sudden everyone loves it.

Vista distaste had nothing to do with the UI. It was the under the hood changes that made it a bloated and incompatible mess, much like Windows ME, especially in the enterprise... it was non-deployable.

7 is FIXED Vista, which is why it was accepted. Again, nothing to do with the UI. Yes there were some UI tweaks, but getting rid of the runtime bloat, and the much improved compatibility with legacy applications is what made 7 a success over Vista.

8 has nice under the hood changes, but most folks DON'T LIKE the new UI. You can justify what the start screen is supposed to be all you want, that doesn't change the fact that people DON'T LIKE IT. PERIOD. The ones that do are in the minority. The market has spoken with their wallets.

News Comments > Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within
8. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 10:10 wtf_man

I could do a Penumbra / Undying Hybrid. That would be cool.

As long as it isn't one of these ridiculous waves of zombies coming at you. I haven't played a single one of those. I just don't have the interest.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 19, 2013, 10:00 wtf_man

Silicon Avatar wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 09:52:
PC Manufacturers without tablets or mobile devices angry they didn't release a tablet or mobile device - blame it on Windows 8.

That's my version of the headline.

Seriously, if your big sales push relies on somebody else to hype up the entire industry you'll just have to take the lumps that are handed to you.

Uh... Windows 8 tablets aren't doing so hot either, nor are the phones. And I'm not talking about just MS Surface... Dell and others make Windows 8 Tablets too (we have a few at work for testing).

While there are some folks that like the Live Tile Interface (regardless of the platform), It seems most folks DO NOT.

I don't even care for it on a phone. It just doesn't grab me. Granted, it's nowhere near as bad as it is on a non-touch Desktop... but I don't like the layout, nor having all my "icons" spew different things at once. So, for me personally, it's absolutely horrid on the desktop, and mediocre, at best, on touch devices. Mediocre, ain't going to get them any significant market share.

News Comments > Bethesda's Almost Done Teasing
5. Re: Bethesda's Almost Done Teasing Apr 18, 2013, 22:26 wtf_man

Teddy wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 22:17:
Evidently a new survival horror IP by Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami.

Link here

New IP?
Who would have thunk!

News Comments > Team Bondi Closed?
3. Re: Team Bondi Closed? Apr 18, 2013, 09:30 wtf_man

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 09:12:
I had no idea they were still open. I thought they went under after LA Noire and he started a new company for this new game everyone knew wasn't coming out. Yeah, the guy's a scumbag and deserves to fail.

According to wikipedia, they were liquidated and the IP went to Rockstar. I think it's fair to say they really closed a couple of years ago, whether Brendan and a handful of others kept the name or not. Keeping the name was probably the mistake that kept them from getting new funding.

News Comments > Another Bethesda Mini-Tease
8. Re: Another Bethesda Mini-Tease Apr 17, 2013, 15:33 wtf_man

Cram wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 14:09:
A brief summary of the information out there so far hinting to Wolfenstein.

I stand corrected from the previous thread... I didn't know that Zenimax bought Machinegames, so that studio was not on my list.

But yeah... it looks like Wolfenstien for sure... although I have no clue what burning sunflowers have to do with it... unless it's a reference to the flame-thrower.

News Comments > Ron Gilbert's Hypothetical Monkey Island Dreams
1. Re: Ron Gilbert's Hypothetical Monkey Island Dreams Apr 17, 2013, 09:34 wtf_man

He's right.
All Monkey Islands after 2, do not exist.

News Comments > Bethesda Tease
22. Re: Bethesda Tease Apr 17, 2013, 09:17 wtf_man

Cram wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 03:09:
I would really love another Wolfenstein.

Wasn't there a post a couple months back, a rumor that one of the teams at Zenimax were making a new Wolfenstein for next gen based on modified Tech5?

Well, if it's not Fallout, and it's not another Elder Scrolls, it's not being made by Bethesda Games Studios, and has nothing to do with the recent announcement of moving on from Skyrim.

That said, The only other Studios are Arkane, iD, and Zenimax Online Studios... and the parent company of all of them (including Bethsesda Game Studios) is Zenimax. Any other studios are basically sub-contractors for a specific game (usually not an in-house IP) and/or being Published by Bethesda Softworks.

The Publishing Arm is "Bethesda Softworks".

So...
It's not Bethesda Game Studios (Fallout / Elder Scrolls)
It's not Zenimax Online Studios (The Elder Srcolls Online)
It's not Arkane Studios (Dishnored)

That leaves iD (Rage, Doom, Quake, and Wolfenstein)
or
Some subcontracted studio for a non-in-house-IP (Like Terminator, Bethesda bought the rights to the license at that time) / or "just publishing" some game for some non-in-house studio (Like Sea Dogs for Akella).

EDIT: Although, in the past Wolfensteins were sub-contracted out by iD... whether that practice is still in place, or Zenimax will make iD earn their keep on their own, remains to be seen.

This comment was edited on Apr 17, 2013, 09:29.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 16, 2013, 20:06 wtf_man

Finally!! Consoles get some antiailiasing!  

News Comments > Rise of the Triad Multiplayer Footage
18. Re: Rise of the Triad Multiplayer Footage Apr 16, 2013, 20:03 wtf_man

Reckless wrote on Apr 16, 2013, 18:13:
ROTT is officially licensed and is nothing to do with Gearbox so I don't imagine that any success will have a bearing on D3D reloaded.

I couldn't get into ROTT originally but this looks very good.

I know the ROTT IP has nothing to do with Gearbox.
I meant, since These guys started on D3 Reloaded, and had to put the kabosh on it... maybe if ROTT does well enough, it will make Gearbox open up the doors for D3 Reloaded.

News Comments > Bethesda Tease
19. Re: Bethesda Tease Apr 16, 2013, 19:59 wtf_man

I'm guessing Wolfenstein too, since they said it wasn't Fallout.  

News Comments > Rise of the Triad Multiplayer Footage
13. Re: Rise of the Triad Multiplayer Footage Apr 16, 2013, 15:31 wtf_man

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 16, 2013, 12:56:
It's funny because the same people behind the ROTT remake got their start with Duke Nukem Reloaded, which was notoriously fucked over by crafty Gearbox lawyers and Randy Pitchford. They worked more than a year on an officially sanctioned Duke 3D remake only to find out from Gearbox the license they signed never said they could publicly release the game at any time in the future.

I guess the Duke IP went from the frying pan into the fire, eh?

Maybe if ROTT is successful enough Gearbox will let them do Duke 3D.

2597 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo