Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2525 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Apr 9, 2013, 10:48 wtf_man

Well... I'm not sure what you all are expecting from EA... looks like business as usual to me.

Maybe things will change when they get a new CEO... but I kind of doubt it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SQUARE ENIX on Tomb Raider Shortfall
14. Re: SQUARE ENIX on Tomb Raider Shortfall Apr 9, 2013, 10:32 wtf_man

I had Zero interest in any of those games @ $60

I may pick up Hitman and Sleeping Dogs on a $20 or less sale, although I have little interest in either title... a purchase would be more of a "filler" between something I'm anticipating.

Tomb Raider... I just don't have any interest at all. I didn't like the camera contols of the first ones... I didn't like the controls of the 2008-ish reboots (Legends and Anniversary), so I'm done with trying, and I'm Tomb-Raidered-Out.

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar Kickstarted
29. Re: Shroud of the Avatar Kickstarted Apr 8, 2013, 20:28 wtf_man

He's already spent millions of his own cash getting the new dev studio and the project off the ground, and he'll probably spend more if the game goes over budget. I'd rather he included RPG fans on some of the decisions, than made them all himself. This way he Taylor the game more towards what the customers want, since they have a stake in the project too.

Again... I'm sure this will prove if he still can design games or not.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
33. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 8, 2013, 15:41 wtf_man

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 15:34:
wtf_man wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 15:33:
AND have Kincect contact the MPAA for too many people in the room to watch a movie, ...
ROFL!

That's not really a joke

31. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 8, 2013, 15:33 wtf_man

Creston wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 15:06:
500 bucks. HAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA. (caveat: If report is true.)

They should make it a thousand bucks, AND always-online, AND no-used games, AND it should have a robot leg that kicks you in the balls every time you turn it on.

Creston

AND make you pay an xbox live subscription to use ANYTHING on the console, AND have Kincect contact the MPAA for too many people in the room to watch a movie, ...

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 8, 2013, 10:17 wtf_man

nin wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 09:08:
Report - Next Xbox priced at $500.

Strike two! Keep it up!

They hit a pop-fly-and-was-out-on-the-first-swing, with the always online thing.
(Although still rumor... pretty much confirmed given that MS employee's twitter comments)

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar Kickstarted
4. Re: Shroud of the Avatar Kickstarted Apr 8, 2013, 09:49 wtf_man

nin wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 09:05:
Good luck to em...not really my thing (at least what he was pitching) but I hope it ends up well.

Since it can now be played completely offline and solo... it satisfies my requirement. I think it will be fun to play a ultima-like game with modern graphics, for nostalgia. I'm also glad it hit the 1.7m stretch goal to include an optional minimap. While I don't want my hand held with exact locations marked... a minimap does help.

News Comments > No One Knows Who Owns NOLF
6. Re: No One Knows Who Owns NOLF Apr 6, 2013, 12:23 wtf_man

I OWN IT!!!

... well a box with media in it... and only NOFL2...

But that still counts!

News Comments > Wesp5's Patches And Kickstarter - Updated
17. Re: Wesp5's Patches And Kickstarter Apr 6, 2013, 11:24 wtf_man

Wesp5 wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 03:07:
Just to clear this up, I have nothing to do with the kickstarter. I just mentioned it to Blues, because it's home forum is the same Planet Vampire site that I use for my Bloodlines patches.

Thanks for the clarification and all the Bloodlines work.

News Comments > Wesp5's Patches And Kickstarter - Updated
5. Re: Wesp5's Patches And Kickstarter Apr 5, 2013, 22:56 wtf_man

Starting as a Multiplayer game and having stretch goal 7 for single player?

Don't think this one will get funded.
I appreciate all his work on the Bloodlines patches, and would love to support him... but his game goals, unfortunately, are ass-backwards. (for me, and apparently a few others here)

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
22. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 5, 2013, 20:22 wtf_man

Verno wrote on Apr 5, 2013, 10:13:
wtf_man wrote on Apr 5, 2013, 09:01:
Definitely going PS4,unless they pull the some similar shit... Then I may just go with an HTPC to replace my smart blu-ray player.

HTPCs are a bit weird. Just be aware of the deficiencies with official content sources before you spend money. Getting everything going properly can be a bit of a pain if you aren't bringing your own content. Trying to get Amazon streaming, Netflix and Hulu to all co-operate isn't fun even on Windows where drivers are abundant, let alone adding PVR stuff and BD into the mix.

Yeah, that's why I'm hoping the PS4 will be the simple answer... and a few games wouldn't be bad either.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
16. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 5, 2013, 09:01 wtf_man

Definitely going PS4,unless they pull the some similar shit... Then I may just go with an HTPC to replace my smart blu-ray player.  

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 4, 2013, 10:12 wtf_man

If I'm *required* to purchase an XBox live subscription to use something like a Netflix app, and be online at all times (even to watch a Blu Ray), Microsoft can kiss my @ss, and I'll buy a PS4.

Of course if the PS4 pulls something similar, I'll buy neither... but I got the impression that PS4 wouldn't do that. We'll see.

News Comments > DOOM 4 Development Rebooted in 2011
44. Re: DOOM 4 Development Rebooted in 2011 Apr 4, 2013, 08:51 wtf_man

InBlack wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 07:23:
Im pretty sure that we will see a Doom4 at some point, its a no brainer for Zenimax and id. However the quality of the game will definitely be very questionable to say the least.

I'd rather see a Doom Reboot.

Unlike the mods out there... a professional modern remake of Doom 1 and 2 in their latest engine (fixed,of course).

It probably wouldn't sell for $60, but it might get them pointed in the right direction to go back to their roots.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 3, 2013, 15:34 wtf_man

LittleMe wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 15:13:
The current i7 chips have weak GPU's compared to the CPU, so they make poor gaming chips. If they had dropped one CPU core and expanded the GPU core then it would be much better balanced for gaming. It seems like they didn't benchmark actual games to correctly balance the chip, besides Farmville benchmarks.

Even that wouldn't be enough... Desktop DDR3 is a bottleneck as well. Budget Descrete cards with DDR3 don't have enough memory bandwidth either. This is why AMD APU's are going to start using GDDR5 on the motherboard as System RAM.

News Comments > LucasArts Closed
22. Re: LucasArts Closed Apr 3, 2013, 15:27 wtf_man

Gotta agree with Beamer on this one.

The folks that made the great LucasArts games have been long gone.

Maybe Double Fine can finally buy the Grim Fandango license, now, and do an enhanced edition, reboot, or something.

News Comments > Mark Jacobs' Camelot Unchained Kickstarter
17. Re: Mark Jacobs' Camelot Unchained Kickstarter Apr 2, 2013, 20:49 wtf_man

xsorus wrote on Apr 2, 2013, 20:31:
I play GW2 WvW, you can even look my videos up on youtube and I can safely say that GW2 is a pale shadow of what DAOC and Warhammer Online were... GW2 is basically a pimple on Warhammer Online ass....and doesn't remotely come close to DAOC.

Coming from a person that has 1 previous post from 2003 defending Mythic for suing Microsoft... I'm sure many will take your opinion with a grain of salt, and may even suspect you of being a Mythic or Former Mythic Employee.

News Comments > Mark Jacobs' Camelot Unchained Kickstarter
2. Re: Mark Jacobs' Camelot Unchained Kickstarter Apr 2, 2013, 15:30 wtf_man

Frijoles wrote on Apr 2, 2013, 15:03:
DAoC was awesome, but with how often an MMO fails to deliver, funding one doesn't appeal to me. Still, I hope it works out for them.

Edit: fuck it. I have no will power. I just hope it's as fun as DAoC was.

Beyond that... he sold out to EA, drove DAoC into the ground, and then there's the results of Warhammer Online.

So your hopes are probably misconstrued... I wouldn't give that @sshat a dime. The brains (Matt Frior) went to Zenimax and is making Elderscrolls Online.

News Comments > Thief 4 Trailer
8. Re: Thief 4 Trailer Apr 1, 2013, 22:09 wtf_man

TEEF!  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
29. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 31, 2013, 22:57 wtf_man

Orogogus wrote on Mar 31, 2013, 20:26:
The only real RPG element in System Shock was the inventory, and even then the weapon inventory was the kind that computer gamers tend to hate nowadays (generic slots). It's been said repeatedly, but Bioshock plays a lot more like System Shock than System Shock 2 did.

EDIT: It really has to be said, System Shock was an extremely shooty game. The game threw ammunition at you like candy, and bad guys respawned at a sometimes hilariously high rate.

I don't remember much from System Shock 1... But System Shock 2 was definitely RPG oriented... choosing "class skills" before you even start (Basically Soldier (Warrior), Hacker (Stealth), Psionics (Magic User))... Stats to build and manage, skill points to unlock more in a tree, micromanage equipment, etc. etc.

Since I'm, more of an RPG fan than a Shooter fan, "Bioshock as a Spiritual Successor" was a large disappointment to me.

Standing on it's own... it was a decent shooter, at best.

Since I don't have a "Spiritual Successor" expectation from the series anymore... Bioshock Infinite being a marvelous shooter, is fine by me. Just not worth $60 to me.

2525 Comments. 127 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo