Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2521 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Project Eternity Environment Trailer
26. Re: Project Eternity Environment Trailer Apr 11, 2013, 09:12 wtf_man

I wasn't trying to nit pick. If anything, it confirms that it really is 2D, and it still looks great.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cross-Platform SimCity OS X in June
2. Re: Cross-Platform SimCity OS X in June Apr 10, 2013, 20:26 wtf_man

I wish to purchase the offline-mode, origin-free version.

23. Re: Project Eternity Environment Trailer Apr 10, 2013, 19:58 wtf_man

Since this is 2D... I did notice that the shadows don't change angle as the light source moves (especially in the day and night cycle). They are doing a trick to make the shadows ...well darker and more pronounced, I guess... with the light source getting farther away and such, but if you look carefully, the angle of the shadows still don't change.

Not a big deal. It still look really good.

This comment was edited on Apr 10, 2013, 20:04.

News Comments > Aliens Colonial Marines Patch Patched
28. Re: Aliens Colonial Marines Patch Patched Apr 10, 2013, 19:48 wtf_man

Somehow, I missed that any DLC was released... just checked Steam... $15 for 3 multiplayer maps???

And the game is still $50 (not on sale).

So, if all they are going to do is release a few multi-player maps here and there befoe their contract is up... I'm sure they'll get done. A good singular level-editor hobbyist could probably do a decent map, every couple of weeks. So having "alleged" a professional developer, or a few, ...crapping out maps to meet DLC contracts shouldn't be a problem.

...And probably some of those maps were cut from the game, and are being polished for re-introduction.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Apr 10, 2013, 13:57 wtf_man

nin wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 10:51:
I think he redeemed himself with Dishonored.

Oh, I agree... I was just poking fun at the "turbulent life" thing.

News Comments > Aliens Colonial Marines Patch Patched
11. Re: Aliens Colonial Marines Patch Patched Apr 10, 2013, 11:35 wtf_man

netnerd85 wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 11:17:
Drayth wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 10:46:
The first mega-patch substantially improved the textures and animation in the game. I'm not saying it made it into a great game, but those of you holding out will have a noticeably better looking game than what was out on launch day.
Proof? I saw a video on YouTube it looked the same... not sure if it was a joke or not...

Yeah... I'd need to see side by side uncompressed video comparisons, in at least 720p.

Especially fixes for the hoakey alien animations, and the AI not getting stuck on objects or doors.

I might pick it up at a drastically reduced price, then, mainly because I do like the Alien setting. But from what I saw was released... they have a shitload of work to do, and I can't imagine the few patches that they have had, has gotten it up to "bargain bin" status, yet.

5. Re: Project Eternity Environment Trailer Apr 10, 2013, 10:13 wtf_man

I wonder... with all the indie developers, and big name kickstarter developers (trying to avoid publishers) using the Unity engine... it looks like Unity is "good enough, and multi-platform"... so other engine developers (Epic, etc.) may become obsolete, or have to drastically reduce their prices to other AAA shops that don't have their own internally built engine.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 10, 2013, 09:54 wtf_man

Dishonored's Harvey Smith releases a novel based on his own turbulent life…

Titled: "How I fucked Up Deus Ex: Invisble War, and was listed amongst some of the the most hated developers"

1. Re: Project Eternity Environment Trailer Apr 10, 2013, 09:38 wtf_man

I gotta say... for mostly 2D, that is very impressive.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic 2.0 Live; Rise of the Hutt Cartel Early Access Begins
8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic 2.0 Live; Rise of the Hutt Cartel Early Access Begins Apr 9, 2013, 19:26 wtf_man

What-da-hutt?

This mutter-huttin' hutty mmo is still huttin'?

I hutt for sure that the hutty free-to-hutt would hutt it, by now, especially since the closed-hutt-content, the hutt on rails, and the hutt-ball really hutt.

Obviously EA and Bioware thinks people give a hutt about the hutt.

...Yawn!

News Comments > Op Ed
45. Re: Op Ed Apr 9, 2013, 15:57 wtf_man

Steele Johnson wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 15:34:
The only thing that you can do, is not support them.

Well... I don't. The last EA game I bought at full price was Dragon Age: Origins. I did buy Mass Effect (1) much later and on a huge sale, if you want to count that. But pretty much I haven't bought any EA game since they imposed the Origin requirement, and I won't. Ever. I may still get some of their backlog games on Steam that don't require, Origin, though... but there isn't all that many that I want.

This comment was edited on Apr 9, 2013, 16:03.

News Comments > Op Ed
41. Re: Op Ed Apr 9, 2013, 14:56 wtf_man

NegaDeath wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 14:39:
The title is "Worst company" not "Worst customer service". The article itself says "The point of this contest, now in its 8th year, is to enable consumers to send a message to a company that provides goods or services to them". There are companies out there that provide goods and services and have willingly ruined peoples lives, bankrupted people, poisoned people, straight up killed people. I guess they didn't vote.

If you look at whole chart:

WCIA Chart

You will see most of those companies deserve to be on it. And those were the companies to choose from, via a "consumer's perspective". So you need to put the "Worst Company" title, in THAT context.

I have to admit... it is a real toss-up on who will bend you over more, for your money... EA or Bank of America.

News Comments > SQUARE ENIX on Tomb Raider Shortfall
30. Re: SQUARE ENIX on Tomb Raider Shortfall Apr 9, 2013, 14:46 wtf_man

I'm hoping the new "Teef" will be as good as Deus Ex: Human Revolution was. I know people bitched about the boss fights... but the game wasn't about the boss fights as far as I was concerned, so I was able to enjoy the title for what it was.

If they repeat that formula for "Teef" and any new Deus Ex... for the most part, I'll be happy with it. And I'm sure they'll improve the boss fights for those that criticized them.

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Apr 9, 2013, 11:42 wtf_man

Beamer wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 11:36:
Same thing with Novell. They tanked, they hit a low, and someone snapped them up. Their corporate entity no longer exists. Their name and products do.

Ah, I see.

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Apr 9, 2013, 11:27 wtf_man

Beamer wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 11:19:
Novell doesn't even exist anymore, and Microsoft has, what, over 50 billion in cash laying around?

No one can buy Microsoft. Not for years and years.

What do you mean they don't exist? Netware (the product) doesn't exist anymore, but Novell does. Actually Netware pretty much became eDirectory for directory services, the OS is all Suse Linux, and and they focus on virtualization with the ZEN products. They still even sell GroupWise as a collaboration suite.

Anyway... obviously they'll never have enough cash to buy MS... I was just saying it would be ironic if it ever did happen, by some weird miracle.

EDIT: My bad... looks like they sold their Directory Services (eDirectory) to a company called NetIQ

This comment was edited on Apr 9, 2013, 11:37.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Apr 9, 2013, 11:16 wtf_man

Beamer wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 10:54:
EA doesn't have anything like that right now.

I thought the Origin requirement, microtransactions / DLC, and always on-line requirement for the future (games purposely designed to be "social") were pretty clear strategies.

They're just not any strategies that I'd want to participate in, as a customer.

MS is doing the same thing, with the XBox rumors... and their strategy for Windows may be clear... but it is clearly backfiring as far as desktop users and enterprises are concerned.

It would be totally ironic if someone like Novell suddenly got enough cash to buy MS (As Ballmer keeps sinking the stock). LOL

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Apr 9, 2013, 10:48 wtf_man

Well... I'm not sure what you all are expecting from EA... looks like business as usual to me.

Maybe things will change when they get a new CEO... but I kind of doubt it.

News Comments > SQUARE ENIX on Tomb Raider Shortfall
14. Re: SQUARE ENIX on Tomb Raider Shortfall Apr 9, 2013, 10:32 wtf_man

I had Zero interest in any of those games @ $60

I may pick up Hitman and Sleeping Dogs on a $20 or less sale, although I have little interest in either title... a purchase would be more of a "filler" between something I'm anticipating.

Tomb Raider... I just don't have any interest at all. I didn't like the camera contols of the first ones... I didn't like the controls of the 2008-ish reboots (Legends and Anniversary), so I'm done with trying, and I'm Tomb-Raidered-Out.

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar Kickstarted
29. Re: Shroud of the Avatar Kickstarted Apr 8, 2013, 20:28 wtf_man

He's already spent millions of his own cash getting the new dev studio and the project off the ground, and he'll probably spend more if the game goes over budget. I'd rather he included RPG fans on some of the decisions, than made them all himself. This way he Taylor the game more towards what the customers want, since they have a stake in the project too.

Again... I'm sure this will prove if he still can design games or not.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
33. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 8, 2013, 15:41 wtf_man

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 15:34:
wtf_man wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 15:33:
AND have Kincect contact the MPAA for too many people in the room to watch a movie, ...
ROFL!

That's not really a joke

2521 Comments. 127 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo