Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2478 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Rise of the Triad Multiplayer Footage
13. Re: Rise of the Triad Multiplayer Footage Apr 16, 2013, 15:31 wtf_man

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 16, 2013, 12:56:
It's funny because the same people behind the ROTT remake got their start with Duke Nukem Reloaded, which was notoriously fucked over by crafty Gearbox lawyers and Randy Pitchford. They worked more than a year on an officially sanctioned Duke 3D remake only to find out from Gearbox the license they signed never said they could publicly release the game at any time in the future.

I guess the Duke IP went from the frying pan into the fire, eh?

Maybe if ROTT is successful enough Gearbox will let them do Duke 3D.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rise of the Triad Multiplayer Footage
2. Re: Rise of the Triad Multiplayer Footage Apr 16, 2013, 09:42 wtf_man

nin wrote on Apr 16, 2013, 09:38:
I was incredibly skeptical about this reboot, but I have to say what they're doing looks really fun.

Ditto

Now if someone would do this to Duke 3D and Doom 1 and 2.

EDIT: That Lava level about 12 mintes in is pretty cool!

This comment was edited on Apr 16, 2013, 09:55.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Stretch Goals in Play
5. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Stretch Goals in Play Apr 15, 2013, 20:28 wtf_man

Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks.  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Stretch Goals in Play
3. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Stretch Goals in Play Apr 15, 2013, 20:16 wtf_man

Is the single player solo, or do you have to have a fricken AI tag-along?  

News Comments > EA Ending Three Social Games
25. Re: EA Ending Three Social Games Apr 15, 2013, 15:46 wtf_man

ASeven wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 12:35:
Thank goodness the indies have risen.

Amen!

News Comments > Skyrim Development Ends; Bethesda on to "Next Adventure"
39. Re: Skyrim Development Ends; Bethesda on to Apr 15, 2013, 15:36 wtf_man

zombiefan wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 12:01:
I just hope their next major project isn't the shitty MMO they're trying to make.

Completely different Studio is making the MMO (ZeniMax Online Studios)

The Single Player games are made by Bethesda Game Studios.

Whether the next project is another Elder Scrolls, or another Fallout, is unknown at this time.

News Comments > EA Ending Three Social Games
6. Re: EA Ending Three Social Games Apr 15, 2013, 10:17 wtf_man

Well... if they are only being paid per ad hit... like YouTube pays a couple bucks per 1000 video hits... then probably there needs to be huge activity before the game can generate a profit. So once activity drops below a certain threshold, it probably starts losing money as EA has to pay whomever maintains the code, etc.

I don't know how the model works, nor how Facebook pays for the games.
The above was just a guess on my part.
...not that I really care about Facebook, social games, nor EA.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: More Big Picture Details Apr 13, 2013, 12:02 wtf_man

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 13, 2013, 11:49:
Unless you live in the boonies, you should still be able to put up an antenna and get all the local stations in HD. So there is the majority of your current and news.

Yes, I could do that too... but it's not worth the bombardment of commercials (I really despise ads... especially a shitload of them being forced upon me), nor having to adjust my schedule to watch shows. As for local news... browsing the local station and paper articles works fine.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 13, 2013, 10:23 wtf_man

Cord cut since 2007, and have never looked back.

Not paying $70+ for 60 basic channels of complete garbage, that are mostly commercials, and not having to adjust my schedule to watch the shows I want to watch... is bliss.

I don't care about new shows or being current with broadcasts. Eventually most of them get streamed one way or another. For Example, I catch up on the Muscle Car and Horsepower shows on powerblocktv.com. Yeah they insert a few 30 second commercials here and there... but it is nowhere near as bad as the broadcast on the Spike TV channel... 17 min of show, 13 min of commercials. That's almost 50% commercials and it is fucking ridiculous.

$10 + Internet connection I was already paying for... no commercials (on netflix)... watch what I want, when I want. Can't beat it, if you don't care about new shows or current broadcasts.

I just got my wife's parents to cord cut a few months ago... we bought them a Roku for Christmas and set it up for them, within a week they bought another for their living room, and then a 3rd (for the grand children - spare bedroom) within another 2 weeks, and killed their satellite. They love it, and with the money they saved, they boosted their internet connection speed from 15mb to 30mb to accommodate the 3 units if they were all running at once.... and still had change left over.

This comment was edited on Apr 13, 2013, 10:40.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 11, 2013, 16:12 wtf_man

Silicon Avatar wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 14:59:
No it's still not worse than Windows ME.

Stability and compatibility issues... you are probably right.
Sales and popularity... it's probably a toss up... it is definitely doing worse than Vista at this point.

Silicon Avatar wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 14:59:
Windows 8 is basically just like 7 if you run the classic shell.

Uh, no... it isn't. One would have to use a more complete product, like Window Blinds to really get things back to being like 7... and they don't have a version for 8, yet. And then... why would I want to spend the extra money to properly replace a shell I don't like, when I can just stick with 7?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
21. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 11, 2013, 13:08 wtf_man

LOL

Some of those are really funny. I especially like the one that says:
"I'm only an idiot when I'm online - and I'm always online"

HAHAHAHA!

Edit: Found another gem (yes, I'm still reading them, as I get time):

"I wear a paper hat - Apple Pie with that?

Ouch! LOL

This comment was edited on Apr 11, 2013, 14:06.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 11, 2013, 11:51 wtf_man

Although all my installed games are currently Steam or GOG... I do have boxes of old games, and would download a hack if I installed them.

That said, My gaming rig is only a gaming rig.

No personal info on it at all.
No security software.
No surfing the internet.
No e-mail.
No office products.
Wireless NIC is mostly off, except for when I buy/patch games on Steam or GOG, Play an MMO, or get MS updates.

I do all my other computing activity on my Mac, which has security software, including downloading and scanning any potential hack for my games.

That said, it sucks that in order to get around copy protection, most of the hacks are infected.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
6. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 11, 2013, 11:13 wtf_man

I backed it for the Single Player Campaign. I have no real intentions of going online... other than to have a look-see. I couldn't care less about the online components.

Same goes for the Shroud of the Avatar, as far as I'm concerned.

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 11, 2013, 10:22 wtf_man

Shineyguy wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 10:10:
but my Lumia 920 with Windows Phone 8 is a pretty damned good device. I don't find myself wanting for anything else (former iPhone user BTW).

Really? I played with a co-worker's windows phone, and it didn't really grab me... or I just don't get the big deal that it allegedly has over IOS and Android.

Not saying it was bad... just seems like "another touch screen smart phone that can do what the competition does" (Another MS "me too" product), and it just comes down to a ui preference... So, IOS is fine with me, for now. I just don't see anything that is supposed to be superior, in it.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 11, 2013, 09:53 wtf_man

I don't think anyone expects MS to "reverse their course", given that the leaks pretty much confirm the console will be always online. However, as Beamer said, we still don't know for sure.

If true, I think it will definitely hurt them, and make a choice towards the competition much easier... and maybe then they'll "reverse course"... but it will be too late, as usual.

As for Ortho... he's an MS weed that got killed by his own accord. Acting like a jackass on twitter is one thing... acting like a jackass on twitter with your company also being put in the limelight, is another. He deserved what he got (whether fired or forced resignation).

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 11, 2013, 09:28 wtf_man

PC Sales Still Slumping, Despite New Offerings

In this environment, Microsoft introduced Windows 8 last October. The software, a bold redesign of the company’s flagship operating system, is tailored to run on tablets, traditional keyboard-and-mouse computers and hybrid devices that combine elements of both. But it seems that the changes Microsoft made with Windows were so extreme that they scared off buyers.

“At this point, unfortunately, it seems clear that the Windows 8 launch not only failed to provide a positive boost to the PC market, but appears to have slowed the market,” Bob O’Donnell, program vice president for clients and displays at IDC, said in a statement. He said that “radical changes” to elements like the user interface and higher costs had made PCs less attractive compared with tablets and other devices.

“Microsoft will have to make some very tough decisions moving forward if it wants to help reinvigorate the PC market,” Mr. O’Donnell added.

Need a native built-in option (not a hack or addon) to turn off TIFKAM, and give us Aero back (or something better) on the Desktop (Not that bland / flat look of the current desktop).

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 11, 2013, 09:18 wtf_man

nin wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 09:14:
Following Twitter Tirade, Microsoft Creative Director Adam Orth No Longer With Microsoft.

#dealwithit Orth!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

News Comments > Project Eternity Environment Trailer
26. Re: Project Eternity Environment Trailer Apr 11, 2013, 09:12 wtf_man

I wasn't trying to nit pick. If anything, it confirms that it really is 2D, and it still looks great.  

News Comments > Cross-Platform SimCity OS X in June
2. Re: Cross-Platform SimCity OS X in June Apr 10, 2013, 20:26 wtf_man

I wish to purchase the offline-mode, origin-free version.

News Comments > Project Eternity Environment Trailer
23. Re: Project Eternity Environment Trailer Apr 10, 2013, 19:58 wtf_man

Since this is 2D... I did notice that the shadows don't change angle as the light source moves (especially in the day and night cycle). They are doing a trick to make the shadows ...well darker and more pronounced, I guess... with the light source getting farther away and such, but if you look carefully, the angle of the shadows still don't change.

Not a big deal. It still look really good.

This comment was edited on Apr 10, 2013, 20:04.

2478 Comments. 124 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo