Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2570 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
21. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 15, 2013, 10:53 wtf_man

Xbox One Games At E3 Were Running On Windows 7 With Nvidia GTX Cards

Update includes a link to this: PS4 Games E3 Ran OnDev Hardware

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 15, 2013, 00:07 wtf_man

Xbox One Games At E3 Were Running On Windows 7 With Nvidia GTX Cards

Ok... that's just fricken lame.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
42. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 18:48 wtf_man

Beamer wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 14:18:
Microsoft will serve its US base first. Sony will serve its Japanese first.
Amazon may have been told they were getting 100,000 Xboxes day one and 20,000 PS4s day one.

Actually, several sources say that Sony is serving the Western markets first this time, and may hold off on the Japanese launch due to such high demand in the West.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 09:53 wtf_man

Microsoft: Xbox One's "infinite cloud power" can track 330,000 asteroids in space

..and it can track every lemming that bought the box, simultaneously!

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Two
11. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Two Jun 14, 2013, 09:40 wtf_man

Beamer wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 01:00:
Just a friend telling me what he's seen without looking closely. Choose to believe it or don't. But the US was very heavily MS last gen, so even if it isn't a huge PS4 lead right now that's still a large, large change.

Well... a couple of things...

First, although it is not scientific, I'm pretty sure that poll is a world wide reflection, since it is on facebook.

Second, I've been reading a lot about pre-orders were fairly even for the last month (even some that were saying that the XBox One was edging over the PS4), until Sony's E3 press conference on Monday... and then the PS4 has been skyrocketing since.

I'm sure the XBox One will sell more than the Wii U, but I think they are toast compared to the PS4, unless they reverse their policies (which is not seeming too likely at this point).

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Two
7. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Two Jun 14, 2013, 00:41 wtf_man

I think Amazon's poll says it all  

31. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 13, 2013, 15:40 wtf_man

Oh... this is really low, if true:

Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013 Shocked2

30. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 13, 2013, 15:35 wtf_man

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 13:13:
This is exactly my feelings about PS4 brought to you by Maddox.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4sLpG6_36Cc

When he bitches about the UK and EU prices, he neglects to mention that those prices include VAT and probably some steep import tax... where the US price is without sales tax.

It's not the console manufacturers fault (MS nor Sony) that Europe has stupid high taxes... so, of course it gets passed on to their consumers.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 12, 2013, 10:07 wtf_man

Sorry, I'm not asking permission every 24 hours if I can play my game, I'm not paying a fee to use a netflix app, and I don't want Kinnect at all... ever.

/shrug

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 21:04 wtf_man

Sony: PS4 consumer interest is great, launch supply issues possible

EAT THAT, M$!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 09:33 wtf_man

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 09:26:
The only real drawback, if you want to call it that, is that they will now be issuing a fee for their multiplayer platform. Not much of a problem for me as I generally avoid playing multiplayer in most games since I can't stand all the bullshit baggage that it comes with.

I have no intention of playing online, so that doesn't bother me too much. If a game comes out that I REALLY want to play online... I might subscribe for a bit. I also intend to turn off all the social crap and achievement shit, and try to play mostly offline, like I do with Steam.

At least they aren't forcing me to subscribe to be able to watch fucking Netflix, like M$.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in Spring; New Trailer
3. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in Spring; New Trailer Jun 11, 2013, 09:28 wtf_man

BitWraith wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 09:11:
Yes - but will all players be playing on the same servers?

I would assume so... there are no separate servers or shards for ESO.... just overflow instances like GW2 that is supposed to be intelligent enough to keep you with your friends and guildmates.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 09:21 wtf_man

Verno wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 09:09:
More PS4 stuff:

- No region locking
- Hard drive is user service and replaceable
- Comes with controller and HDMI cord, no PS Eye

Sony really gave it to Microsoft sans lube last night, I haven't seen an owning like that since the last time I watched Sepharo beat up my server in CS.

I Pre-ordered ours on Amazon. Not surprised that the pre-orders are surpassing XBox One, now. I usually don't pre-order shit, but I wanted to send my own message to Microsoft.

I think later in the day, we'll see news of it overwhelmingly outselling the XBox.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
3. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jun 9, 2013, 20:33 wtf_man

nin wrote on Jun 9, 2013, 15:24:
XBONE - fuck those guys.

Youll like this then: http://i.minus.com/ibcj6IIHES2ffw.gif

Spread that URL!

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Footage
5. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Footage Jun 9, 2013, 19:17 wtf_man

calladoodie calladoodie calladoodie calladoodie calladoodie calladoodie.... xbox go home.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
25. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 9, 2013, 10:55 wtf_man

Redmask wrote on Jun 9, 2013, 10:21:
There are several obvious Microsoft shills here, a few in this topic alone trying to deflect attention elsewhere. One of the biggest PC gaming websites in the world definitely merits a few, you see the same names defending Microsoft in every thread.

The only ones I see that could potentially be shills, are the ones with new accounts or small post counts over the years. They aren't active in this community unless they are actually defending something... and as you pointed out, they are defending the same company (not necessarily just Microsoft) or product every time.

Folks here that are active, don't always post on just MS threads, and like some of MS's products... (Like Windows 8)... aren't shills. I respect their right to like it, as long as they respect mine to disklike it, without saying I have some sort of lack of mental capacity to adjust to change. There's lots of new shit I do like... Metro UI isn't one of them. For touch I prefer IOS or Android, and for the desktop I'd rather have Windows 7, OSX, or Cinnamon (which is relatively new) on Linux. /shrug

19. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 8, 2013, 12:57 wtf_man

TheEmissary wrote on Jun 8, 2013, 08:27:
he cloud isn't a cure all especially for near real-time apps.

Oh, I absolutely agree. My initial post was being sarcastic about their cloud capabilities.

It's bullshit.

All those servers aren't for "calculations", as MS claims... their for fricken data mining.

What did verno call it the other day? "Teleubbie Kinnected Adbox"? LOL... so true.

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 7, 2013, 23:12 wtf_man

Prez wrote on Jun 7, 2013, 21:33:
Oh... I guess the cloud computing will make up for it!

Didn't you read where it will make the Xbone 4 times as powerful? So even if it is half as powerful as the PS4, the cloud makes it twice as powerful as Sony's machine!

That's one powerful cloud!!

...and then your internet connection takes a shit, and the visuals suddenly get reduced back to the original Xbox era, so the frame rate can be maintained!

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 7, 2013, 19:59 wtf_man

Downclocking the GPU... Heh. It was already inferior to the PS4 which has more gpu cores and GDDR5.

That's pretty sad.

Oh... I guess the cloud computing will make up for it!

29. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 7, 2013, 09:28 wtf_man

Flo wrote on Jun 7, 2013, 09:14:
nin wrote on Jun 7, 2013, 09:03:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 7, 2013, 01:01:
Congrats Microsoft, you just handed Sony the console market on a silver platter.

I really really hope you're right.

You really think that, do you? After all we learnt from Sim City? Just because a bunch of nerds (I'm one of them) are pissed off about a system that is better than steam (it is!) Microsoft will lose this console war? Face it: we are a minority! There are tons of consumers out there that will happily buy that thing on day one (sim city!).

While that may be true, polls on gaming sites are showing a 70%-80% interest in a PS4 over an XBox One. If that remains, initial sales out the gate will be by informed gamers... meaning the Xbox One will get stomped. Consumers do tend to go with what is more popular... so, that launch sales inertia could be fairly damaging to Microsoft. While they will probably still sell their fair share of consoles.. they may be clearly far behind their competition... which technically would be another MS failure.

2570 Comments. 129 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo