Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2556 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 28, 2013, 20:26 wtf_man

Xbox One exec: Hardware specs are "meaningless."

Uh... no... they aren't. (Of course it takes PC gamers to see through this bullshit)

Anyone that knows squat about graphics cards knows that the more memory bandwidth the better. If you take a budget video card with DDR3 vs. the exact same gpu and clocks with GDDR5.... the latter video card is about twice as fast.

For the just the GPU... 68 GB/s vs. 176 GB/s (+30% more gpu cores) is a fucking spanking.

Graphics performance,alone, for the PS4 should be about 2.5x over the Xbox one.

Then... lets get into the fact XBox one is running 3 OS's and sucking up 3GB of RAM for those OS's... on just as weak AMD APU-CPU's as the PS4.

Oh... but there's the cloud that gives you 4 Xbones in one!!!
...Not if I fucking play offline 90% of the time.

Bottom line... PS4 has way more potential for better visuals... unfortunately we'll probably only see them in the exclusives, since the multi-platform titles will go for the lowest common denominator.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 27, 2013, 09:46 wtf_man

Unless one is a total fanboy or one really finds the exclusives on the MS platform better... I'm not sure why anyone would choose it over a PS4. Forgetting the stupid camera for a second (which mostly covers the price difference)... PS4 has stronger internals and doesn't charge you to use apps. Those two things alone, make it a better choice. I guess there are some people that just have to have fricken Halo.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 26, 2013, 21:18 wtf_man

From what I'm reading in the reviews of the preview... 8.1 seems a bit more palatable for desktop users since you can boot to desktop, change start screen to "all apps view" for the start button (basically a start menu), disable the top hot corners, access stuff like shutown easier, etc. etc.

I still don't like the flat look and miss Aero... but that's not a huge deal to me.

I will give the new 8.1 preview a relavant fair shot of testing, before I bag on what potentially still may not be enough tweaks.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 26, 2013, 10:04 wtf_man

Verno wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 09:19:
Microsoft was responsive because they were getting slaughtered in retail preorders, they actually tried to double down on this bullshit until the numbers started coming in. It had nothing to do with listening to concerns.

Bingo.

The big e-tailer polls, and late night talk show stuff making the negative press viral to mainstream news (instead of just noisy protesting gamers and "gamesite news"), helped too.

20. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 25, 2013, 09:11 wtf_man

DuckDuckGo 90% of the time. Google 10% when the Duck doesn't give me what I want.  

7. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 24, 2013, 21:45 wtf_man

The XBox One is "Amazingly Terrible".... Bing is "sort of" right.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 24, 2013, 14:18 wtf_man

Verno wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 13:29:
Ballmer is the one initiating the restructuring so it is doubtful he would be cast out unless the board is seriously displeased.

Right.

I think whatever they do, they're too late. Microsoft has become fairly irrelevant except for the Enterprise. As for their cloud future... we have States like Massachusetts going to Google instead... so even their Office Products are starting to take a hit. Bing is pretty much a failure, Zune is a failure, Windows 8 Tablets are a failure, Windows 8 is a failure, Vista was a failure, The MS Stores are a failure, The Online App Store is a failure, Xbox One was swirling the toilet bowl until they reversed their DRM Policy...

Bottom line is that most of those things were too late... and radically changing the company now... is basically too late... unless they could get a Super CEO that could pull the company up... which ain't happening anytime soon.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 24, 2013, 09:16 wtf_man

jdreyer wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 02:13:
Creston wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 16:35:
Skyrim! Skyrim! Skyrim! Skyrim!

It is insane how much that game has sold. I wish they'd release numbers. It must be well in the 10+ million copies by now.

Creston

That was the thing that struck me. Crazy.

Would you all rather see the Sims 3 and all the expansions on the top of the list, like they are for retail?

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
6. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 23, 2013, 20:36 wtf_man

Just another example current society typically not taking responsibility... something is always someone else's fault. Rolleyes  

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 22, 2013, 12:05 wtf_man

Xbox Live's Major Nelson » Show 480- E3 and Xbox One updates

So they needed to pick on Angry Joe's "Flip a Switch" thing... real classy... especially when he was basically right. Obviously not a literal "Flip a Switch" as they are trying to twist it... but corporate issues the order, and "bam" it gets done.

What a bunch of douche bags. Glad I'm getting a PS4.

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 21, 2013, 12:07 wtf_man

Beamer wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 10:34:
The heavy-handedness and dictating policy is what killed them. The above are the 3 big complaints people had, and it isn't a PR thing, it's a force thing.

I agree.

I'll just say that I want to own my games. I don't ever trade them in, nor sell them, nor even lend them out... but I don't want to ask permission to play them either.

I'd rather have a disk and play completely off-line. I don't game socially, other than MMOs. I don' want achievements, and I don't want my habits tracked.

That said... I have Netflix. There is certain content I don't own. I also have Blu Rays. I still buy them. There is certain content I want to own.

So, yes... the ownership choice needs to be there.
And before someone harps on the Steam thing... I can easily crack my Steam games if I want to... and probably eventually will when I cease adding to my PC game collection (Which with the way Windows is heading, would be when a game can't play on Windows 7, or I can't get newer hardware to work with Windows 7).

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 20, 2013, 20:44 wtf_man

Former Xbox director: To save Microsoft, Ballmer and 10s of thousands of others must go

Locati admits she doesn’t think Microsoft will take her advice. But she hopes the upcoming restructuring will bring big changes.

Uh... After that little article, probably the first change, unfortunately, is that MS will fire her husband. (After Ballmer throws a chair at him)

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 20, 2013, 10:02 wtf_man

Pigeon wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 09:50:
So basically a bump in sales because they announced they're scaling back their initial draconian DRM scheme. IMO its just a bunch of fanboys jumping on a bone MS threw to them. Time will tell, but I don't see this as being any more than a flash in the pan.

This.

I think between the $100 more expensive, the forced Kinnect spy-cam, the weaker hardware, the paywall for non-gaming apps like netflix, and the indie devs not being able to self-publish... they are still at a major disadvantage compared to the PS4.

The only thing they can do is dump a bunch of money into exclusives to even things out, which I'm sure they will do... but that will take time.

News Comments > MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks
95. Re: MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks Jun 19, 2013, 21:29 wtf_man

Creston wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 19:54:
I'm honestly not sure if the two ideas can be combined. I understood their need for the 24 hour check-in, because obviously if you sell the license back to retailer A, the console needs to know that you did so, and has to disable/delete your HD copy of it.

So why can't digital versions check online (be libraried, family shared, and all that), and disk versions not? (the disk IS the check)

Even if you have it "installed to a hard drive", or both a digital and physical copy... if the game finds the disk, it should not need the Internet.

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 19, 2013, 20:25 wtf_man

Day-one patch needed for Xbox One DRM policy changes

Why? The thing isn't hitting the shelves for another 5 months... why can't it be pre-patched???

News Comments > MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks
27. Re: MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks Jun 19, 2013, 17:45 wtf_man

Well... it's a beginning, and I'm glad they had some sense knocked into them by the gaming community.

For me to even consider it over (or along with) a PS4, I'd want a Kinnect-less version of the console, not have to pay to use a Netflix App (or any non-gaming app), and indie Devs would be allowed to self-publish.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 19, 2013, 09:39 wtf_man

Xbox One and the ASCII middle-fingers on Facebook

That's fricken hillarious!

Do you think the XBox division got the hint? ...Nah

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 23:25 wtf_man

nin wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 23:21:
wtf_man wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 23:16:
Ok... the Gamestop thing is pretty funny.

I cancelled my Amazon PS4 Pre-Order, and Re-Pre-Orderd the PS4-WatchDogs Day One bundle.

I would have grabbed that one, but I'm still on the fence over getting WD on the PC or PS4. In the meantime, I'm sticking with my initial PS4 order and a copy of Infamous.

Lookin forward to it!

Oh... I'll be getting it for my PC too. PC is still my primary gaming machine. My daughter and I will be able to play together when she is home on leave.... and I'm sure I'll use it to learn how to get used to a controller. (I haven't had a console since the 1st Nintendo)

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 23:16 wtf_man

Ok... the Gamestop thing is pretty funny.

I cancelled my Amazon PS4 Pre-Order, and Re-Pre-Orderd the PS4-WatchDogs Day One bundle.

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 18, 2013, 15:33 wtf_man

Verno wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 10:11:
Apparently Gamestop and BB are actively steering people toward the PS4, lots of user reports in the past few days of people going into local Best Buys and Gamestop stores and being told the Xbox One is inferior and restrictive. Gamestop apparently has an unofficial policy to educate/push preorders of PS4 stuff if the customer mentions the Xbox One. This sort of jives with what I noticed driving by my local Gamestop, they took down all of the MS related marketing stuff and threw up posters of Vita, PS4 and Sony crap all over the front entrance.

Gamestop... I'm not surprised, since they are a used games dealer.

Best Buy... surprises me a little... especially since they are supposed to be opening "Microsoft Stores" inside them, soon.

2556 Comments. 128 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo