Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2571 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Previews
3. Re: Sunday Previews Jul 14, 2013, 22:43 wtf_man

It looks like Ubisoft is going all out to beat RockStar "at their own game" (so to speak)

Knowhuttimean? wink wink nudge nudge!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Previews
1. Re: Sunday Previews Jul 14, 2013, 22:24 wtf_man

Can't wait to play it!

In other news... since there is no "Evening Consolidation"...

An anonymous Dev says that that the PS4 is 40% more powerful than the XBone, and the difference is NOTICEABLE

Ubisoft says AssCreed4 will look better on the PS4

I think that's enough XBone smackdown for today!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2013, 21:06 wtf_man

I picked up a shitload of games on both Steam and GOG. 18 on Steam and 6 on GOG, with another 12 or so still on a wish-list on GoG for future sales.

Dunno when I'll have time to play them... but I have them. Heh.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
11. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jul 14, 2013, 19:51 wtf_man

Gotta keep tabs on all of my Ho's while I'm smakckin' maih bitch up!

Did I say that out loud?

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
5. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 13, 2013, 13:20 wtf_man

I don't think "talking about things more" would have helped them.

Gamers pretty much saw the writing on the wall and told them to "Fuck Off" via PS4 pre-orders. If anything, "more talk" would have just resulted in louder protesting of their anti-consumer policies and planned implementations... and, of course, would have also resulted in more PS4 pre-orders (assuming they never did their 180. and just talked more)

In any case, even with the DRM policy 180... they can't ever convince me that the "Spycam Adbox with a PayWall to Netflix" is a better option (regardless of price). /shrug

News Comments > Epic Working on AAA Shooter
6. Re: Epic Working on AAA Shooter Jul 12, 2013, 09:32 wtf_man

Just remake the damn original. Like Half-Life:Source + the Enhanced Mod.

Modern Engine
Modern Graphics
Original Gameplay

Unlike a "re-imagining", like Black Mesa.

News Comments > Valve Considering U.K. Office?
17. Re: Valve Considering U.K. Office? Jul 11, 2013, 23:27 wtf_man

I wouldn't pay $60 for a 12 hour game.

A game like Skyrim? Yup. Worth every penny. 12 Hour Game? Nope. $20 maybe.

And I pretty much don't buy multi-player games, or ones focused on multi-player... other than an MMO here and there.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 11, 2013, 19:44 wtf_man

Beamer wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 17:47:
You can argue the home page has more crap

Yeah... I always start my searches from their home pages rather than a search provider in a browser bar. I'm old fashioned that way, I guess.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 11, 2013, 17:38 wtf_man

NSA scandal delivers record numbers of internet users to DuckDuckGo

I've been using DuckDuckGo for well over a year, for a majority of my searches. As I've said before I can't stand being tracked by advertisers, so I make it as difficult as possible for them. It has nothing to do with the NSA, for me

That said... when I sometimes don't get the results I want, I resort to Google as a backup search engine.

And I never use Bing or Yahoo. Too much crap on the screen.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 11, 2013, 10:19 wtf_man

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 10:16:
Actually that is also possible with your xbox 360 right now, so it is nothing ground breaking other then the PS4 will be able to play the digital games before the download even finished

Ah.

The way things have been announced lately about XBone removing the sharing... I assumed this was not possible on the XBone anymore.

News Comments > Microsoft Reorganizes
7. Re: Microsoft Reorganizes Jul 11, 2013, 10:16 wtf_man

InBlack wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 09:58:
So....apart from the XBone, what else falls under Devices?? Is Microsoft going to be making mice again?

Tablets. RT and Surface Pro. Not sure if they'll start manufacturing their own phone and alienate the few vendors that make Windows Phones (Nokia, HTC, etc.)

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 11, 2013, 10:07 wtf_man

Your PS4 digital library will be playable from any system

Heh... can Sony pound MS's ass any harder? HAHAHAHA.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 11, 2013, 09:23 wtf_man

Slashcry wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 09:06:
This is a beta. The person who posted this violated the NDA. It was day 1 or 2 of the beta. Shockingly a bug was there. They should have notified Microsoft.

Gaming sites should have contacted Microsoft and asked if it was a bug instead of running headlines that MS was raising prices on games.

Unfortunately, negative press is the only way Microsoft gets off it's ass to do anything, these days. They DON'T listen to their customers.

News Comments > Rambo Trailer
5. Re: Rambo Trailer Jul 10, 2013, 20:15 wtf_man

Ehhh,,, I might pick it up for nostalgia sake, even with the crappy graphics... IF it's not a buggy mess. I'm not real confident on that last part though.  

23. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 9, 2013, 18:11 wtf_man

Ray Marden wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 18:01:
I was even hoping to flip the X180 to help pay for the PS4, but the market interest is generally lacking at the moment.

You could always flip your "day-one PS4" to pay for your Xboner and several games.

/snicker

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 8, 2013, 12:16 wtf_man

Pigeon wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 09:40:
Leave it to Nintendo to be blind sided by technology that has been mainstream for the last 8 years or so.

I don't know...I only got a 1080p TV 2 years ago, and only had a 720p from 2007, before that. Mainly because I'm a cheap bastard, TV is not all that important to me, and I was waiting for the prices to be a lot more reasonable.

But yeah, for the Wii U they dropped the ball with anemic system specs.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
11. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jul 6, 2013, 14:19 wtf_man

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 6, 2013, 14:09:
That said, Blue asked and I did and have now done the few sites I frequent a lot, I've unblocked them. I get it and if I use it a lot, ok. Now if you break my trust with ridiculous stuff, then I'll just re-block.

I'd rather donate and keep my ad blocker on. Unfortunately, Blue's site ads are annoying animated things (I do see them when I come here with other PC's that I don't own).

As long as I have been coming here... I wouldn't mind throwing some cash his way if he had a paypal donation link... and I definitely would do that.

9. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jul 6, 2013, 13:19 wtf_man

The tracking pisses me off more than the non-intrusive ads. Even with Incognito, Do not track enabled in the browser, and Ghostery running...they still track you.

So, I don't allow non-intrusive ads either, because of that... and I want to make it as tough as possible for these assholes to track me. Ad networks are just as bad as the NSA.

Fuck them.

6. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jul 6, 2013, 12:08 wtf_man

Tom wrote on Jul 6, 2013, 11:14:
Or you could, you know, uncheck the box that says "allow non-intrusive ads". I dunno if they still do this, but AdBlock Plus went out of its way to point this out on initial setup last couple times I installed it.

Yeah, I've been doing that by default every time I install ABP, since they added that "feature".

News Comments > Watch_Dogs Engine Features
2. Re: Watch_Dogs Engine Features Jul 6, 2013, 12:01 wtf_man

At minimum it's GTA with hacking. It sounds more like GTA crossed with Far Cry 3 with hacking though.

Either way... setting expectations for what I listed above should be reasonable. Anything else that's cool, will be just icing on the cake.

2571 Comments. 129 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo