Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2574 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions
5. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions Aug 21, 2013, 09:23 wtf_man

Not a chance in hell that I'd buy this without a free trial first. I'm done getting burned by MMO's false promises and bait n' switch tactics.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees
60. Re: EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees Aug 20, 2013, 20:24 wtf_man

Verno wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 11:03:
Hyatus wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 11:01:
Launch, in this context, does not mean "the day the game is released", but rather, "the first time you load the game to play."

Right, when I said first launch I meant when you first launch the executable, sorry should have been more clear.

Ditto.

News Comments > EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees
8. Re: EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees Aug 20, 2013, 09:53 wtf_man

While this is a move in the right direction... it should be 24 hours after first launch of the game or even 24 hours after actual download... I buy games on Steam Sales and don't get around to playing them for weeks, due to backlog.

And yes... there are a few games in my library that I wish I could get a refund on.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 19, 2013, 15:53 wtf_man

I'm in my late 40's and I don't Facebook, or Twitter, or My Space, or Google Plus, or any of that shit.

I just post on a few gaming forums, and that's it.

/shrug

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2013, 09:11 wtf_man

jdreyer wrote on Aug 18, 2013, 17:01:
EA settles with weapons maker over Battlefield 3 vehicle names.

1. Weapons makers don't demand license fees from movies, why are games any different?

2. Why are the weapons makers even making a stink at all? It's total free advertising. Do they WANT EA to rename the Apache to something like the Seminole?

I agree, but on the same line... why do games have to license car names and models? Again it's free advertising. Folks like to play racing games in their favorite cars.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 17, 2013, 10:21 wtf_man

I have had the 8.1 preview up on a machine at work for the last few weeks. I'll admit that it's way more tolerable than 8.0 (once you tweak it to be more desktop oriented).

I still can't stand that flat look. I want Aero Glass back, or even a classic windows 2000 look.

As for the Modern UI vs. Desktop... they still have some twaeks they need to do... Like when I'm on the apps screen (pseudo start menu) I shouldn't have to re-click the start button or the desktop icon to get back to the desktop. In other words... there are still annoyances for a desktop user.

I have to admit, I do like the ribbon explorer... setting shit is much more convenient. However, that doesn't make it worth upgrading.

News Comments > Thief in February
12. Re: Thief in February Aug 16, 2013, 11:29 wtf_man

Teef wizout teef!  

News Comments > Former Steam Honcho Joins Microsoft
32. Re: Former Steam Honcho Joins Microsoft Aug 15, 2013, 21:35 wtf_man

Sepharo wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 21:01:
How does it do that?

After around 30 days, the steam icon in the system tray disappears and you can't launch your steam games anymore without going online (then going back into offline mode again, if you want to stay offline).

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 15, 2013, 21:21 wtf_man

Microsoft accuses Google of trying to sabotage Windows Phone.
I don't think Google needs to help MS in that department at all. They do a helluva good job sabotaging themselves...

...with EVERYTHING!

News Comments > Former Steam Honcho Joins Microsoft
30. Re: Former Steam Honcho Joins Microsoft Aug 15, 2013, 18:34 wtf_man

Flo wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 02:45:
Remember the last time you were offline more than 24 hours? Me neither.

My Gaming rig constantly runs with the NIC off. It pisses me off that Steam makes me login once a month... because to me, that's still not truly an "offline mode".

I don't surf the Net or do other things on my gaming rig. It's strictly for playing games... 98% singleplayer games too. I'll fire up an MMO every once in a while. Other than Patching and buying new games... it STAYS offline.

I run a totally separate computer for surfing, e-mail, content creation, etc. That way I don't to bog down my gaming rig with crap.

/shrug

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 14, 2013, 10:00 wtf_man

It's from them adjusting power... so now that they've turned up the clocks to try to compete with the PS4... it will throttle back if it gets too hot.

While one won't get an RROD, potentially the games could run like total shit when the hardware underclocks itself below what the original clocks were set at.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
17. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 13, 2013, 09:10 wtf_man

deqer wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 04:07:
The fact the MS tried, should be reason enough to avoid Xbone no matter how good it ends up being.

Oh, I definitely agree.

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 12, 2013, 20:55 wtf_man

nin wrote on Aug 12, 2013, 20:54:
Still $100 higher, too...

I just fixed that... LOL.

nin wrote on Aug 12, 2013, 20:54:
Ah, to be a fly on the wall at Redmond this summer...

I don't know... you might get hit (and killed) by one of Ballmer's "Low Flying Office Chairs"

This comment was edited on Aug 12, 2013, 21:01.

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 12, 2013, 20:53 wtf_man

Kinect No Longer Mandatory For Xbox One

Gee... get rid of the Paywall to Netflix and you'd ALMOST have a PS4! (Just weaker hardware and a higher price)

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 7, 2013, 23:34 wtf_man

XBone Watercooler

XBone Marketing Dude

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 7, 2013, 20:57 wtf_man

Creston wrote on Aug 7, 2013, 11:58:
Quite a few of them use Hypervisor for it, though, so I doubt MS cares all that much.

Which is exactly where Microsoft has already positioned itself. Office is now cloud based, you can get cloud based desktops from them, Azure is making money like a spurting oil geyser, etc.

You are forgetting the competition.

For Visualization, there's Citrix, VMware, and a few others. We run a mix of Citrix, VMware, and HyperV... and are phasing our HyperV and Citrix in favor of VMWare.

The for Office in the cloud there's Google Docs. Heck even a few state governments switch to Google Docs.

My point is... in the past... Microsoft didn't have to fight very hard to keep it's own market. After dominating for so long, and being slow (Like IBM was in the 80's with PCs) they are getting pounded in markets that they used to easily dominate.

I'm not saying they still don't dominate in some areas... but it is becoming much more difficult for them to maintain dominance, and if they don't pull their heads out of their asses... remain relevant.

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 2013, 21:03.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 7, 2013, 10:17 wtf_man

Verno wrote on Aug 7, 2013, 09:23:
look at how arrogant MS became in the gaming industry in such a short period of time.

It's not all that surprising given how arrogant they are in the OS and Office industries.

Windows 8.1, while an improvement, will also flop. Not so much because of the UI battle, but because other than the enterprise, Microsoft has become fairly irrelevant. Hell, even enterprises are virtualizing their legacy apps to run on other platforms, and all the new stuff is web based, yet internal. Don't need Windows to run web based apps. Don't get me wrong... there are still things that will always be processor intensive and thick clients... like CAD, etc. but a majority of business can be done on a thin client, virtualized legacy apps, and web based new apps. Then there's the whole BYOD drive.

Microsoft, as we have known it, is already toast.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 5, 2013, 15:32 wtf_man

Study: 36 percent of US computer owners have yelled, cursed or struck their PCs.

...And 64 percent are obviously habitual liars.

News Comments > Voxel-based EverQuest Next Details
3. Re: Voxel-based EverQuest Next Details Aug 2, 2013, 15:35 wtf_man

Cutter wrote on Aug 2, 2013, 15:30:
I already hate the stylized look of the characters.

Ditto

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar Trailer (Catch Up)
5. Re: Shroud of the Avatar Trailer (Catch Up) Aug 1, 2013, 12:43 wtf_man

[SC]TherMight wrote on Aug 1, 2013, 12:33:
But... why am I a bit worried watching this at the ambition of trying to convince modern gamers its worthwhile to chat in text to the NPCs?

I think it's way more immersive than selecting from a pre-populated dialog tree. But then again, I'm fairly oldschool in my gaming tastes.

[SC]TherMight wrote on Aug 1, 2013, 12:33:
Also hope he has some auto-arrange or list based version of inventory.

This is a very early build... I'm sure the UI will improve. Just like he states that the combat is very basic right now. We're not even looking at a full fledged alpha, yet, and it looks very promising. I'm glad I backed this one.

2574 Comments. 129 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo