Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2532 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 13, 2013, 10:20 wtf_man

Developers claim PS4 has a "significant" performance advantage over Xbox One.

No shit.

GDDR5 alone is doing that for the GPU (comparing exact same PC budget cards with GDDR3 vs. GDDR5 = almost 2x speed), not to mention the 50% more CUs in the PS4's GPU.

32MB of "ESRAM" on the XBone acting as a cache can't come close to competing, especially since the PS4 is using UNIFIED RAM for both the system and gpu. The Xbone has latencies transferring between the ESRAM and DDR3.... which is why the article is mentioning driver issues. Also they are having yield problems with the ESRAM.

MS's Albert Pellano can spin this any way he wants... but he can't change the plain facts, and for raw power and simplicity... PS4 is way ahead of the XBone.

This is obvious on paper... developers coming forward and stating these things just confirms it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 12, 2013, 09:58 wtf_man

I think Major Nelson whining about the nickname is even more funny.

Wah.

#Dealwithit

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
8. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 12, 2013, 09:15 wtf_man

Cutter wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 23:34:
My last phone I've had for 3 years and that's only because I lost my other phone which I had for 4.

I went from an iPhone 3G (the second one) to an iPhone 5 (Four models later... 3gs, 4, 4s, 5). And the only reason was because I switched carriers for better coverage in my area, and the old phone was locked into AT&T (hardware-wise).

It will be several years before I upgrade again (unless something drastic happens like the phone breaks from being dropped). Also... since I don't have a heavy investment in apps... I'm not locked in to any brand... I may go android next time.... who knows.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 11, 2013, 09:54 wtf_man

Verno wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 09:37:
AC4, Watch Dogs bringing Uplay to PS4, Xbox One.

I actually don't mind the uPlay stuff, the achievements you unlock give you tangible rewards, it's one of the few systems to do that well. The PC client is superfluous and silly but oh well.

As long as I can play offline or turn off all the monitoring / social crap, like I can with my UPlay PC games... then I have no issue with it.

I'm really starting to get irrked by the whole social thing / data mining thing. How much and when I play is my business. I have absolutely no desire to "share gaming moments" with friends... I just want to play the fschking game in peace without any monitoring of any sort... including so called "achievements".

News Comments > Wizardry on Steam
4. Re: Wizardry on Steam Sep 10, 2013, 21:17 wtf_man

Kitkoan wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 21:08:
Interesting and kind of odd that Wizardry 6 and 7 are on Linux and OSX but 8 is Windows only

6 and 7 aren't 3D (no polygons, sprites only like Duke 3D or Doom)... so they're easy to port.

8 is 3D, and probably was DirectX only.

That said, I'd buy 8 if there is a mod that spruces up the graphics some... nothing to radical... but at least Return to Castle Wolfenstien (Quake 3 engine) level.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 10, 2013, 20:06 wtf_man

Verno wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 15:51:
I don't even use hands free systems, they are still too distracting in the car. I just toggle my ringer off while driving and never make outgoing calls, it's too dangerous to be messing around with it in there.

I don't dial out, even though I can do it by voice command.

However, if it's the wife, I'll answer with hands free and tell her to "make it quick" since I'm driving... conversation usually lasts less than 20 seconds and I never take my eyes off the road.

There's no excuse not to have hands free, if you are going to use the phone in a car... whether it is through the vehicle's media system, a bluetooth speaker on your visor, or a bluetooth single ear headset.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 10, 2013, 15:41 wtf_man

I think he meant one doesn't need to be doing that shit all the time.

That said... people that text or talk on the cell phone (without a handsfree system) while driving, need to be shot.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 31, 2013, 10:18 wtf_man

With all the data-mining Microsoft and Google does... they should be sued too.

Flo wrote on Aug 31, 2013, 03:46:
More like Google's business idea, which is based off ad revenues. At least Microsoft's cash is still coming from software sales

You are forgetting Bing. Also the XBone is supposed to target ads though Kinnect spying. So, MS is just as bad as Google, if not worse in some ways.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 29, 2013, 09:49 wtf_man

Well.. I'm getting Watch Dogs for both. AC4, I'm not sure about, yet.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Aug 29, 2013, 09:45 wtf_man

If you back this you are banned from this site…

...and we'll get blue to give us your ip address so we can track you down and hang you by your privates!

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 29, 2013, 09:42 wtf_man

EA insists it's not favouring Microsoft over Sony.

That's ok... I'm not favoring Ubisoft over EA for my PS4, either.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 28, 2013, 23:08 wtf_man

Yeah... but you can't squeeze blood out of a turnip. Suing broke folks seems like even more of a waste of taxpayer's money.  

News Comments > FF14 Sales Suspended Due to Positive Response
39. Re: FF14 Sales Suspended Due to Positive Response Aug 28, 2013, 15:38 wtf_man

Verno wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 09:29:
...but ultimately if you are tired of MMOs this won't convince you to dig in again.

Thanks... I'll pass.

News Comments > Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned
10. Re: Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned Aug 27, 2013, 15:28 wtf_man

Tim Collins wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 13:27:
Nvidia didn't get into the consoles so they want to optimize everything that comes out that can be played in their discrete video cards.

This is basically true. If all of the future console ports run better / are optimized for AMD cards (Because of the PS4 and XBone)... then why would someone buy a new nVidia card as their next graphics card upgrade? (Besides a fanboi/gurl)

nVidia HAS to do something to remain relevant and "level the field" for future console ports.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 27, 2013, 09:57 wtf_man

Bethesda ‘pushing’ Microsoft on playing Elder Scrolls Online without Xbox Live Gold subscription

Yeah... that'll happen.

News Comments > Steve Ballmer to Retire
35. Re: Steve Ballmer to Retire Aug 23, 2013, 15:52 wtf_man

D_K_night wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 15:46:
wtf_man wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 15:28:
I'm still not buying an XBone... nor Windows 8.x.

Not even if they bring back the Start Menu?

Actually the pseudo start menu in 8.1 is good enough to me. The built-in ads / bing search, and the flat (non-aero glass) look... turns me off.

/shrug

News Comments > Steve Ballmer to Retire
31. Re: Steve Ballmer to Retire Aug 23, 2013, 15:28 wtf_man

I'm still not buying an XBone... nor Windows 8.x.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions
8. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions Aug 21, 2013, 09:46 wtf_man

dj LiTh wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 09:40:
Personally i hate both F2p and subscription models, I wish they came out with a subsciption BASED on how much you play. So i buy a 10 days of game time, i can play literally for 10 days whenever i want, skip a few months go back finish off the 10 days i bought whatever. Really suprised noone has came up with something like that yet.

Back in the Meridian 59 days... you paid hourly, which was spendy.

But yeah... buying a block of hours (Like 10 days worth) would be a good idea.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions
5. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions Aug 21, 2013, 09:23 wtf_man

Not a chance in hell that I'd buy this without a free trial first. I'm done getting burned by MMO's false promises and bait n' switch tactics.  

News Comments > EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees
60. Re: EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees Aug 20, 2013, 20:24 wtf_man

Verno wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 11:03:
Hyatus wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 11:01:
Launch, in this context, does not mean "the day the game is released", but rather, "the first time you load the game to play."

Right, when I said first launch I meant when you first launch the executable, sorry should have been more clear.

Ditto.

2532 Comments. 127 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo