Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2671 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Skyrim Free Weekend
4. Re: Skyrim Free Weekend Apr 24, 2015, 10:36 wtf_man

Uh... this is so mod makers can make some money through steam workshop.

The money doesn't appear go to Bethesda, but probably some would go to Steam.

You can still use free mods from the Nexus and Steam.

So, I'm not sure how Bethesda screwed up?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
1. Re: Mad Max Trailer Apr 23, 2015, 10:05 wtf_man

I haven't been following this, but it actually looks interesting!  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One
22. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One Apr 6, 2015, 09:37 wtf_man

Jivaro wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 03:08:
Must. Resist. Buying...

Stop it with all this positive crap...

Oh gawd dammit...now I am going to buy it...

A bit of advice... Don't just click through the dialogs with the NPCs... Really soak in what is going on for the particular quest... and you will enjoy the game a whole lot more.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One
3. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One Apr 5, 2015, 14:14 wtf_man

Quinn wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 13:31:
I'm one of the ESO fans. There's *something* to the game that just has me enjoying it so very, very much. I feel a strong connection with my character, running around doing quests while finding treasure chests and runes for enchantment makes exploring worth it and enjoyable. Every single quest is actually a quest-chain, with choices and consequences and an interesting story. I just love the gamw, and if you haven't played it, don't judge it. And no, it's no Skyrim. And who expected as much should get looked at.

Ditto.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 3, 2015, 21:00 wtf_man

Microsoft's disconnect continues about Windows

Fixed.

News Comments > Sony Buys OnLive - Shutdown Planned
13. Re: Sony Buys OnLive - Shutdown Planned Apr 3, 2015, 13:40 wtf_man

Blue wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 09:38:
That doesn't strike you as spin? Funny timing that they were bought just 30 days before planning an unrelated shutdown.

I pretty much took it the way SimplyMonk did (See quote below)... although I can't say for a fact, since I'm not involved with any of these companies, nor have I ever had an onlive account.

SimplyMonk wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 10:59:
OnLive would of had to have been actual competition for this to really make anything worst. I've had the service since it first started and only played maybe 3 times. Never that enjoyable and their pricing model was always obscene given the platform being around for more than a handful of years was always shaky at best.

This is purely a patent buyout so that Sony doesn't have some patent troll buying Onlive and threatening Gakai's work.

News Comments > Sony Buys OnLive - Shutdown Planned
2. Re: Sony Buys OnLive - Shutdown Planned Apr 3, 2015, 09:33 wtf_man

Uh... Sony only bought the Patents. Onlive was shutting down anyway. Onlive will stay alive in name only, to sell off their trademarks and stuff (if they can).

Ars Techinca Article

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 29, 2015, 13:18 wtf_man

I told a woman that she needed to plug in her monitor to the wall as the cleaning people had accidentally pulled it out. She told me that "it is not in her job description to plug things in." I had to get a maintenance person to drive over 40 miles to plug the damn thing into a wall outlet.

I would have told her, "Well then, Einstein, don't expect your monitor to work. >click<"

Dogbert's tech support at it's best.

News Comments > GOG.Com on Customer Service
12. Re: GOG.Com on Customer Service Mar 25, 2015, 21:06 wtf_man

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 20:25:
You still have up to 30 days after that to get a refund for technical issues.

Why does it have to be technical issues? What if I think something about the game in question is ass (aka a deal breaker) and don't want to play it?

Example: The combat controls for The Witcher (Yes, their game) sucked so bad I barely made it though the tutorial and gave up. Subsequently I never went any further nor bought the sequels.

There was no "getting used to it".
I outright hated it.

And it's unfortunate because everyone says what a great RPG it is. I'll never find out.

/shrug

Now, before folks pounce on me about MY personal preferences and tell me how great The Witcher is, and how I'm missing out, blah blah blah...

THE POINT IS: There are a lot of games out there that have some fucked up aspect that doesn't make them worth purchasing... and no amount of doing your homework will reveal it until you actually try the game.

The only reason I don't feel ripped off from the Witcher was because I bought the DRM Free version (When it first came out on DVD... Pre-GOG I think) and I voted with my wallet for that. That said... I'm still disappointed in my purchase.

So... Technical difficulties shouldn't be the only reason to be able to get a refund.

...and Obviously I'm not talking about someone abusing getting refunds (using as a rental system). I have over 100 games and there are a small handful that I regret buying... and wouldn't have if I gotr to try them first.

This comment was edited on Mar 25, 2015, 21:13.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints
7. Re: Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints Mar 25, 2015, 09:41 wtf_man

The last EA game I bought was DA:O... and that was prior to Origin "the game service".

Never signed up for Origin... never looked back. No regrets. Fuck EA.

News Comments > Star Citizen is Huge
6. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 10:03 wtf_man

Well.... you know.... black backgrounds with a lot of white dots takes up a ton of "SPACE".

Rah-tum-tum.... Tsss

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 12, 2015, 09:47 wtf_man

PS4 Update 2.50 “Yukimura” Preview- Suspend-Resume and More

Well... at least they confirmed that they are working on DNLA (Comments 10 and 173).

That's better than silence on the issue.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 5, 2015, 10:20 wtf_man

If he's talking tethering to the phone for streaming game services like onlive for a super VR (but not super interactive) experience... then maybe... otherwise I don't get it.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
13. Re: Morning Patches Mar 4, 2015, 15:36 wtf_man

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 10:49:
But a real question, have the fixed the issue with a group and phasing if someone is one a different sub-part of a quest? It was promised but at least 6 months ago that was still in there and seemed like it was abandoned.

It's still a work in progress, but a majority of them don't make your groupmates invis anymore, for being in a different quest step. Probably around 75% or so of the zone quests are fixed.

Guild and personal story are still, and always will be solo only.

Hope that helps.

News Comments > Morning Patches
2. Re: Morning Patches Mar 4, 2015, 10:31 wtf_man

Spent most of my time redistributing all of my attribute, skill, and champion points across all of my characters... so I didn't have a huge amount of time to test the changes on each character (I have 4 that are active).

That said, bow seems weaker... and everything else seems a little beefier. It may be that I'm just not used to the animation timing changes... I don't know.

Champion System is kind of meh. I know they nerfed some shit in order to accommodate for it. It's just hard to tell what got nerfed with all the number changes. Technically, they took some stuff away that we have to re-earn.... but overall it seems to be a positive change in balancing power since most of my characters don't feel nerfed, but actually feel a little more powerful.... so I guess they did it right.

News Comments > NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May
3. Re: NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May Mar 4, 2015, 10:23 wtf_man

loomy wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 10:19:
everything about this is neat, but GRID is what will blow people away. and you can't appreciate it until you use it. it's a $200 console that runs a $1000 computer's games with no download, install, or configuration. it's kind of disorientingly good

I'll stick to my PC, thanks.
I don't rent my games, and I constantly play offline.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Free
24. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Free Mar 2, 2015, 15:37 wtf_man

Beamer wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 14:53:
Axis wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 14:42:
Ahh the sweet sound of capitalism and competition - thanks Unity!

Unity has nothing to do with this. Unity has made absolutely no dent in AAA games, which Unreal owns. It's made a big dent in mobile games, which UE4 isn't yet optimized for.

I disagree... Unity 5 just came out, and it probably turned up the heat enough (feature-wise), to get more shops (AAA and Indie) to look at it. Granted, you aren't going to get all the full bells and whistle effects of UE... but Unity might be enough.

Anyway, if more shops start prototyping with Unity... they'd likely stick with it through the whole project.

So, I'd say this is a smart move by Epic... and not necessarily a charitable one.

News Comments > New Guild Wars 2 Cameras to Include First-Person
15. Re: New Guild Wars 2 Cameras to Include First-Person Feb 26, 2015, 15:32 wtf_man

Fion wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 12:21:
And Wtf_man, your talking about the level 80 zones collectively called Orr. You may be interested to note that the whole 'monster density problem' was toned down a little some time ago and there are half a dozen zones for level 80 in the game these days. Though if you do your personal story it'll always take you there, it's entirely optional.

At the time it was Malchor's Leap and Cursed Shore Zones... the beginnings of Orr?... I can't remember.

Anyway... after futzing in those zones for a couple of weeks I was completely turned off by the game. I'm glad that they possibly fixed it, though.

News Comments > New Guild Wars 2 Cameras to Include First-Person
3. Re: New Guild Wars 2 Cameras to Include First-Person Feb 26, 2015, 10:28 wtf_man

I quit playing a few months into it... It was a good game, but once I hit the level 80 zones it felt more like an action RPG (Diablo-like, which I can't stand) being attacked every fricken 10 feet.

The funny thing is ESO with a subscription has lasted longer for me... and no that it's going B2P, and more of my friends are pouring in... it's probably going to outlast the longest MMO I ever played, which was Asheron's Call for 3 years.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 23, 2015, 21:33 wtf_man

Redmask wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 18:54:
'We didnt find any evidence of the hack' bullfuckingshit. We swept it under the rug at the behest of government bodies more like it.

Actually... more like BS for survival mode.... Gemalto's stock took a big dump when the hack story broke the other day.

Gemalto Investors Smarting from SIM-Card Hack Claims

This comment was edited on Feb 23, 2015, 22:35.

2671 Comments. 134 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo