Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2705 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online DLC Next Month
4. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online DLC Next Month Jul 15, 2015, 22:43 wtf_man

Rossini wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 21:53:
What the what? I could've sworn I wasted Molag Bal over a year ago.

According to the lore, when you are told that you will have to make a choice on which of the 5 companions must die, that a Daedric prince can never be truly destroyed.

/shrug

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online DLC Next Month
2. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online DLC Next Month Jul 15, 2015, 20:43 wtf_man

PVP Zone.... Bah.... no interest. I'll just keep leveling my alts.  

News Comments > Gearbox May Outsource Next Duke Nukem
29. Re: DOOM Reboot Jul 15, 2015, 15:45 wtf_man

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 14:38:
runnerct32 wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 12:19:
doom isnt a reboot

The internet is not in full agreement with you.

Doom (stylized as DOOM and originally known as Doom 4) is the upcoming reboot of the Doom series by id Software. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_(reboot_video_game)

New ‘DOOM’ Is A Full Reboot; First Details From QuakeCon
http://gamerant.com/doom-reboot-quakecon-details/

What RedEye9 said.

Symantecs aside, whatever the most recent Doom Videos are showing (and whatever you ant to call it).... do the same for Duke 3D.

Classic backwards_run/strafe and gun, fast paced, multiple passageways through levels (maybe even more complex than the originals), same old enemies and maybe a few new ones, same type of cliche's / jokes / humor, and modernized graphics.

You know... a fucking real successor to Duke 3D.

News Comments > Gearbox May Outsource Next Duke Nukem
2. Re: Gearbox May Outsource Next Duke Nukem Jul 15, 2015, 09:32 wtf_man

Just reboot the original Duke 3D like iD is doing with the new Doom.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 13, 2015, 09:38 wtf_man

Verno wrote on Jul 13, 2015, 09:30:
The Watch is flopping because people already have smartphones which do a lot more. The future of wearables was not going to be something already outmoded. They just aren't very useful, tiny ass screen, limited functionality and absurd price tag.

They're just chasing their tail around under Cook, Jobs may have been a prick but at least he had some direction for the company.

Also many folks haven't worn a regular watch since the smaller cell phone era after the brick phones (myself included). Time on those were more accurate. Why would one spend the money and go back to something on their wrist that is partially redundant to their smart phone? With shit battery life to boot.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
15. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jul 12, 2015, 22:09 wtf_man

The Death of the PC Has Not Been Greatly Exaggerated.

No shit, Really?

News Comments > CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns
2. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 9, 2015, 10:11 wtf_man

If squadron 42 is decent for my piddly $25 early investment and never bought any extra ships... the rest can crash and burn for all I care.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
9. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 8, 2015, 23:47 wtf_man

I bought on sale and enjoyed it. I even didn't have any issues with the driving with the keyboard.

/shrug

News Comments > AMD Ceasing Mantle Optimizations
21. Re: AMD Ceasing Mantle Optimizations Jul 6, 2015, 22:17 wtf_man

Scheherazade wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 21:21:
Variable refresh functionality is in the vesa spec.

AMD's trademark for their support for that functionality is called "freesync" - but it's not actually an AMD specific tech.

If nvidia wanted to fully support all the vesa options, they would have a freesync-like feature too. They simply choose to not support it, and instead make a proprietary solution.

-scheherazade

It was a joke... hence the smiley. Wink

News Comments > AMD Ceasing Mantle Optimizations
13. Re: AMD Ceasing Mantle Optimizations Jul 6, 2015, 20:30 wtf_man

Freesync is next.  

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Jul 4, 2015, 15:16 wtf_man

For once I agree with Derek (As far as the snippet posted here on blues below the headline).

That said... he's still just as much of a moron as the rest for spending $250.00.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 3, 2015, 21:30 wtf_man

jdreyer wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 14:47:
Shorter Pigeon: You can't download 300 GB of teh pr0n monthly on a mobile service.

Sure you can... you'll just have to bend over!

News Comments > Morning Interviews
10. Re: G4 Makeover Coming? Jun 3, 2015, 21:13 wtf_man

CythrawL wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 09:32:
Until they start offering their software on other digital platforms and I dont need to use that Origins Crap, and stop churning out the same shit year after year resulting in brand burnout, and stop buying once great companies and destroying them (Bullfrog, Westwood, Origin Systems, BioWare) then MAYBE I will buy a product from them again..

As it stands, I haven't bought (or even acquired otherwise) an EA game in nearly 3 years now. I am no worse off from it and intend to carry on doing so.

Ditto.

Been almost 5 years for me, though. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (2010) is the last EA game I bought. I will never sign up for origin. Period.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 27, 2015, 15:15 wtf_man

Meh... I'll wait a gen or 2 after Winblows 10 is released. My GTX680 still has plenty of horsepower for 1080p gaming... which is all my monitor goes to, anyway.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
11. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 24, 2015, 22:54 wtf_man

Well... here's the rub... even if Zen is a 40% improvement of instructions per thread... that's not enough to compete with Intel, when Core i3's can do almost double (100% over Bulldozer).

Their APU's with ATi graphics and stacked Memory is the only real market they can whip Intel on. (In devices that wouldn't have a descrete graphics card... mini's, HTPC's, etc.)

News Comments > Age of Conan Turns Seven
15. Re: Age of Conan Turns Seven May 20, 2015, 22:47 wtf_man

1-20 was the best, yes... but after 20 wasn't THAT bad... base gameplay-wise... it just wasn't voice-overed and you no longer could to "personal story private quests restricted to night time" like you could at 1-20.

Where AoC really failed after level 20 was content level gaps (had to grind a few levels to get back to the questing), and buggy-ass broken quests that you couldn't complete. I had a buttful by about level 45 and quit.

I imagine that all would be fixed by now, though.
One would just have to still put up with no more voice overs after level 20, and no instanced private story.

The combat was interesting for Melee, but if I recall, magic users weren't too happy. Not sure if they fixed that or not.

It wasn't a horrible game, IMO... but not great... and definitely not finished.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse May 20, 2015, 16:22 wtf_man

YouTube Kids Accused Of Running Beer Ads, Crotch-Grabbing Lessons, Wine-Tasting Tips

Well... kids need to know these things, you know... how else are they going to get edumacated?

4. Re: Morning Mobilization May 18, 2015, 20:56 wtf_man

Now now... I was just poking a little fun. Not trying to be nasty.  

1. Re: Morning Mobilization May 18, 2015, 15:08 wtf_man

My Cutter impression:

"Apple doesn't need to improve Apple Watch's security because anyone that owns one is a douche, and theives aren't THAT douche-y."

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
9. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 16, 2015, 20:54 wtf_man

Well... I'm not actually poo-pooing the OS, itself. I actually like the latest builds, and the Dark theme looks much better than the fugly pastel windows of 8.0/8.1.

That said... make no mistake... YOU are the product, just like with Facebook, Google, etc. etc.

I intend to block / disable / uninstall all that stuff. Fortunately you can still make a local account... you can make search not use the internet, disable cortana, disable one drive, all through local policy editing... and uninstall most of the modern apps with powershell.

2705 Comments. 136 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo