Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2546 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: Microsoft promises blablabla Nov 6, 2013, 21:40 wtf_man

Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 20:41:
I give Microsoft the well-deserved five dismissive wanks. Shove those games up your ass, Peleno.

Windows 8... which is a double fuck off, for me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews
25. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 5, 2013, 15:30 wtf_man

EA Wants You To Feel Like Their Games Are a Steal.

That's funny... I do feel like their games steal... my money... my info... etc.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $26 Million
45. Re: Star Citizen Passes $26 Million Nov 5, 2013, 09:40 wtf_man

Meh... I put in $20 or so a long time ago. I'm only interested in the single player "Squadron 42"... and if that's decent.... I will have gotten my money's worth.  

News Comments > Valve: Steam Offline Mode "Designed to be Indefinite"
46. Re: Valve: Steam Offline Mode Nov 4, 2013, 19:25 wtf_man

Verno wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 10:14:
Offline mode works just fine for me, I don't regularly go without internet for 30 days consecutively and that sounds more like people pissing and moaning for the sake of it.

My gaming rig is a pure gaming rig. no other software. no anti-virus. nothing. It has no reason to go on the internet other than game purchases, updates (if I wish to), or playing an MMO once in a while.

So, since most of my games are single player... it can go for very long periods of time without needing to connect to the internet.

That doesn't mean I personally go with out the internet... I have other machines and devices for that.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 4, 2013, 09:47 wtf_man

Verno wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 09:26:
Gaming Media Defend Xbox One's Higher Price, Lower Resolution.

Gaming Media knows who is buttering its bread with ad dollars.

Well... I hate to admit that potentially it could eventually boil down to which platform had be better exclusives.

On the other hand... if a majority of the really good games aren't exclusives (like watch dogs, etc.)... then the PS4 is obviously the better choice, from a performance and value perspective.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
2. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 2, 2013, 12:07 wtf_man

It's a trick statement.

Kinect definitely cannot transmit your face.
However, the XBone that it is connected to, can.

37. Re: Valve: Steam Offline Mode Nov 2, 2013, 11:58 wtf_man

Overon wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 10:00:
Hold on everyone. Hasn't this going online requirement to go offline been like this for years and now they are saying it's not working as intended and you shouldn't have to periodically go online so you can go offline? What?

Correct.

You have to be online in order to switch to offline mode.

After going into offline mode, I run with my Wireless adapter turned off. Whenever I boot the machine... a dialog comes up asking if I want to start in offline mode, and I click yes. An ofline-mode steam icon sits in the tray, and I can launch my steam games.

Around 30 days later, when I boot the machine, the dialog no longer comes up. There is no offline-mode steam icon in the system tray. If I launch a steam game a dialog pops up saying steam is not running. I turn on the wireless adapter, launch steam have it re-launch in offline mode, turn off my wireless adapter, then I have another 30 days.

They are saying that its a bug and offline mode should be indefinite.

10. Re: Valve: Steam Offline Mode Nov 1, 2013, 20:43 wtf_man

Well... I'll believe it when I see the fix.

In the meantime, having to logon every 30 days or so, still pisses me off.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 29, 2013, 08:57 wtf_man

So, it's a Quadro without the cad support?

That's just stupid.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 28, 2013, 20:49 wtf_man

NVIDIA Announces GeForce GTX 780-770 Price Cuts; GTX 780 Ti Launch Date & Price.

So what about the Titan's price?
If the 780 Ti is $699 and they feel it is sufficiently faster than the R9 290X to justify the price, why wouldn't they also loawer the $1000 Titan price? I mean it sounds like the 780 TI will spank the Titan too.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
8. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 27, 2013, 20:17 wtf_man

mag wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 19:04:
PHJF wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 17:38:
You forgot the part about it including 20-25mbps internet service, numbskull.

And on-demand, and broadcast TV.

Doesn't seem to be too bad of a deal then. That's what I pay for 15Mbits + Netflix. I guess it would depend on how good their on demand library is. (and what potential BS price hike after the intro offer)

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 25, 2013, 10:48 wtf_man

AC4... maybe pick up knack for the wife... although I'd rather wait for octodad, since I think she'd like that better.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Delayed to Spring 2014
36. Re: Watch Dogs Delayed to Spring 2014 Oct 15, 2013, 20:28 wtf_man

nin wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 15:43:
wtf_man wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 15:37:
I wonder what this is going to do to my Amazon pre order bundle of a PS4 and Watch Dogs.

They better still fucking ship the console for launch day.

There's a thread over at K...one guy was told his console would ship when the game ships (yikes!), but two others said amazon was removing the game from their order and dropping the price to the console only price (w/ delivery on the 15th).

I'd urge you to get something in writing.

They wrote back and They upgraded my shipping to overnight on the 15th for the console, for free. I didn't even bitch in the first place... just asked for written confirmation that they were still shipping the console even though the game was delayed. LOL

News Comments > Watch Dogs Delayed to Spring 2014
15. Re: Watch Dogs Delayed to Spring 2014 Oct 15, 2013, 15:37 wtf_man

I wonder what this is going to do to my Amazon pre order bundle of a PS4 and Watch Dogs.

They better still fucking ship the console for launch day.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
101. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 15, 2013, 09:23 wtf_man

What Is The Worst Thing About Working At Microsoft.

Apparently employees are butthurt of the company's reputation, and think that they innovate a lot.

Unfortunately, a majority of Microsoft products are complete utter shit. Not all of them, but most of them. And that's where the company gets it's reputation from. That and bullying the tech sector for so long, trying to ram some of the shittier products down our throats.

So, if you accept a job with Microsoft... you basically have to put up with the crap that comes with their stellar reputation.

/shrug

News Comments > DICE: Linux Needs "One Killer App or Game"
37. Re: DICE: Linux Needs Oct 14, 2013, 08:58 wtf_man

DanteUK wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 07:47:

Wrong, just wrong.

The whole point of Linux is it's "Open" the masses of people that work on and with Linux don't really want lots of 'Commercial' closed source software on their machine.

Your open source beliefs are irrelevant to the masses.

Yes, hardcore linux users care about open source, and Richard Stallman's open "vision".

Your average joe doesn't give 2 shits about it.

And that's the point of why Linux has never made any serious market penetration on the desktop. The people that care about "open source only" are a niche group and pretty much always will be.

News Comments > DICE: Linux Needs "One Killer App or Game"
28. Re: DICE: Linux Needs Oct 13, 2013, 18:57 wtf_man

For Linux on the Desktop, it has always been the "chicken or the egg" thing, and it still is.

Linux needs a large quantity of Commercial Software support in order to be viable on the desktop (Not just games).

Commercial software needs a large quantity of linux adoption in order for it to be worth creating a linux version.

The Desktop itself, and "software installation" is as easy as windows nowadays... no opening terminal and configuring a bunch of text files, anymore. So, the user-unfriendlyness is mostly gone.

While open source has some great stuff out there... some of it will just never replace commercial software on the professional level (Like GIMP VS. Photoshop).

The only way Linux could ever become viable on the desktop is if there was a sudden WAVE of popular commercial software available for the platform. NOT just one "Killer App".

The problem is... that will most likely never happen. Why would someone port their product, when the first thing that will happen is a ton of folks will point people to free open source equivalents in their support forums.

That said... a non-cloud centric version Android on the Desktop (Aka Anti-Chrome) OR a Distro that is Android App Compatible has a chance. This is mainly because of the App base that is available for Android. That really is about the only way I can see Linux getting a huge market share on the desktop.

News Comments > SimCity Offline Mode a "Possibility"
6. Re: SimCity Offline Mode a Oct 4, 2013, 16:45 wtf_man

I'm still Origin-free... so, I probably wouldn't buy this even if they offered and offline mode.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 27, 2013, 20:53 wtf_man

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 19:32:
killer_roach wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 18:50:
She's considered to be the most likely successor.

In the news today... Ford's CEO is being mentioned.

Ford has been doing great, so that would be a good choice (Even though I'm a Mopar guy ).

Julie would steer the company towards being irrelevant, just as much as Ballmer has been, lately.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 27, 2013, 14:08 wtf_man

Silicon Avatar wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 11:04:
Ballmer was a salesman. I hope they get an Engineer or maybe UI Designer as CEO next.

So you want the main creator of the ribbon and tile interfeces as the CEO??? (Julie Larson-Green)

Uhm... No Thanks.

2546 Comments. 128 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo