Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2720 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve on Half-Life 3 Ricochet 2
56. Re: Valve on <strike>Half-Life 3</strike> Ricochet 2 Apr 23, 2012, 20:56 wtf_man

Fuck Valve and Fuck Gabe.

Oh, and while I'm at it... Fuck the Black Mesa Mod team, too.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Patched
4. Re: Legend of Grimrock Patched Apr 20, 2012, 09:59 wtf_man

nin wrote on Apr 20, 2012, 09:30:
invert horizontal mouse option

Ok, I gotta ask. And this is coming from someone who always reverses mouselook (aka vert)...

It's for people with dyslexia.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Beta Event Next Weekend
15. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Event Next Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 23:12 wtf_man

Cutter wrote on Apr 19, 2012, 13:34:
Haha! If you didn't I will! Hopefully we can get a server list ahead of time so peeps from Blues can pick the same one.

Well... I actually plan on being on a server with Vault Network folks.

IGN just recently shut down the Vault Network, so a good chunk of us have migrated to Postcount.net

We have over 1400 members now.

Since characters can be in more than one guild... it would be cool if Blues and Postcount folks ended up on the same server. Lotsa firepower for WvW

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 19, 2012, 09:59 wtf_man

Or better yet... unplug.

Been satellite-free / cable-free since early 2008. Netflix streaming only.
Of course, I don't watch that much TV to begin with... and between Netflix my DvD colllection, and my newly started blu-ray collection... I'm more than covered and don't really give a shit about broadcast TV.

When someone asks me if I've seen some particular commercial... I an honestly say "No".

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Beta Event Next Weekend
3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Event Next Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 09:54 wtf_man

I'm sportin' a chubby!

... Did i say that out loud? Uhoh

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Trial Weekend
16. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trial Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 09:08 wtf_man

Significant signs that Bioware was dead (as we knew them), was when Dragon Age 2 was released.

EA has killed yet another company... even if they are still technically "alive".

The next intrusive spyware online service that EA will come up with... will be called "BiowEAr".

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Concludes at $3M+
24. Re: Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Concludes at $3M+ Apr 17, 2012, 15:42 wtf_man

Creston wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 11:20:
Amazon takes a percentage, but I believe it's pretty minor, in the range of 2%-3% or something.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that Amazon takes another 5% ...

...but no matter... I was kidding, for the most part. Even with all the stuff I pointed out, I know they got well over 900K to use.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Concludes at $3M+
2. Re: Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Concludes at $3M+ Apr 17, 2012, 10:26 wtf_man

15% of that is gone off the top (Kickstarter, Amazon, and Kicked Forward). Then you got whatever Pay Pal takes, the cost of the backer "Rewards", and then the government puts it's hand out as well.

The just might get 900k after all... maybe.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released
45. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 17, 2012, 09:11 wtf_man

I wonder if NAMCO is going to sue them again.

News Comments > Origin Bans No Longer Cover Solo Play
2. Re: Origin Bans No Longer Cover Solo Play Apr 16, 2012, 09:52 wtf_man

I still won't sign up for Origin. Even if I was signed up... I'd never post in their forums... so this has nothing to do with it.  

News Comments > Dungeon Lords MMXII Announced
21. Re: Dungeon Lords MMXII Announced Apr 14, 2012, 10:52 wtf_man

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 14, 2012, 10:41:
We can see though the whole story of a game is not solely based on graphics. This won't be for everyone, even if they do it all correctly now. To me if what is on that list is true and all is working as expected, I'm diving back in.

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect cutting edge graphics. I regard gameplay on a much higher level.

That said, I expect at least, RTCW level (2001) graphics in modern title. I don't find that unreasonable. From what I remember, there was quite a bit in the original game that didn't qualify... especially in the animations.

If the feature list "Improved Graphic & Visual Enhancements" gets the game to RTCW level or better, and it's not a buggy mess, AND it doesn't have completely broken controls... I'll buy it.

19. Re: Dungeon Lords MMXII Announced Apr 14, 2012, 10:11 wtf_man

LittleMe wrote on Apr 14, 2012, 00:07:
Yeah I'm hearing the initial release was very bad but the final patched game was lots of fun in coop. I hope they pull this off successfully.

From what I saw of the initial game that launched... it was pretty much impossible to fix. I mean it was alpha at best, with really crappy graphics, even for it's release era.

If they did, by some miracle, build a decent game from that utter broken garbage... I'd try it again... but only if it has a free demo.

9. Re: Dungeon Lords MMXII Announced Apr 13, 2012, 15:37 wtf_man

OMFG, really???

/ROFLMAO

I think Bradley has turned into the new Derek Smart. (As in, let's make the same crappy game over and over... we'll get it right one of these days)

Here's a clue for Mr. Bradley... if you want to make the same games... buy back the Wizardry license from that Asian company that has it, get the Legend of Grimrock folks to license their engine to you, and re-make all the Wizardry games (or, at least, the first two trilogies)

News Comments > Valve Confirms Hardware Plans
44. Re: Valve Confirms Hardware Plans Apr 13, 2012, 15:28 wtf_man

If it IS a console... they can call it a "Steaming Pile"  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access
71. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 11, 2012, 09:17 wtf_man

NKD wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 14:41:
Well I already mentioned that I didn't feel there was enough choice and customization for characters. (Both visually and mechanically.) Other than that, my biggest dislike was probably the setting. I didn't feel engaged. It didn't make me care about what was going on. Hell, it wasn't even clear to me what exactly WAS going on. Wasn't a big fan of the art style either, but that's pure preference. I didn't get to test everything obviously, but I felt the content was too easy. Like, really easy. Maybe that changes later down the road, I can't say. But I didn't like what I did play. The dynamic event stuff felt shallow, with the differences between a lot of them being pretty minimal. I'm not sure this is the solution to the quest grind. But we'll see.

Wow! Just about every press preview says the exact opposite of everything you just mentioned. I believe the customization comes later in the game, as it does most games. This game doesn't hold your had like WoW... you see something bad going on... you choose to go help or not. Period. As for difficulty, there are plenty of videos showing people getting wiped.

That said.... I don't know first hand since I have not been in the beta. I am going by press preview articles I have read, and long preview gameplay videos that I have watched, to back those up.

It LOOKS good, so far, but for all I know... it could get boring after a while... as many recent MMOs have had retention problems... BUT, since there is no fee, even if I only last a month or two... I got my moneys worth, so the risk is minimal, IMO.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned
20. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 10:22 wtf_man

Beamer wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 10:04:
While we can debate all day what portion of pirates would otherwise buy a game (low), I don't think anyone would argue none would.
If a game is pirated a million times I think it's safe to say that's 100,000 lost sales. Bulletstorm was pirated more than a million times.

Here's the thing though... Legitimate purchasers of games care about as much about that, as they care about supporting the legitimate PC Game purchasers.

Basically, they need to quit whining about it. It is not OUR fault, we're sick of hearing about it, and we're sick of paying the price of being treated automatically as thieves.

They really need to just STFU about it. Especially when there's clear evidence that the product did poorly because the market didn't desire it.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access
1. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 09:51 wtf_man

Already done, earlier this morning!  

News Comments > Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned
6. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 09:47 wtf_man

Beamer wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 09:38:
No, he does say that. They condense it down to "sales were good but not amazing. I think EA hoped we'd do better," but he said more about it at PAX.

Given that this is Epic and EA I think that's implied. Had sales been great elsewhere but not the PC then there'd be a sequel, just not on the PC.

So... this guy knows that the game did poorly on all platforms and still blames Piracy for the poor sales on the PC?

Well... I got news for him... piracy happens no matter what... and if the game sucks... those "pirated copies" were most likely NOT lost sales.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Apr 9, 2012, 20:10 wtf_man

nin wrote on Apr 9, 2012, 19:44:
If I remember right, totalbiscuit was not very kind, as were a few others that tried it from here.

edit:
http://youtu.be/sJ3Meki2-lU

For a casual space shooter on sale for 5 bucks, it doesn't look that bad.
Of course, after watching that video... one wouldn't go in with very high expectations.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. First 4G LTE Windows Phones Hit Stores Apr 9, 2012, 16:48 wtf_man

...and

*looks over both shoulders*

... I can see them lining up for miles.

/snicker

2720 Comments. 136 pages. Viewing page 66.
< Newer [ 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo