Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2708 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ] Older >

News Comments > Dungeon Lords MMXII Announced
9. Re: Dungeon Lords MMXII Announced Apr 13, 2012, 15:37 wtf_man

OMFG, really???

/ROFLMAO

I think Bradley has turned into the new Derek Smart. (As in, let's make the same crappy game over and over... we'll get it right one of these days)

Here's a clue for Mr. Bradley... if you want to make the same games... buy back the Wizardry license from that Asian company that has it, get the Legend of Grimrock folks to license their engine to you, and re-make all the Wizardry games (or, at least, the first two trilogies)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve Confirms Hardware Plans
44. Re: Valve Confirms Hardware Plans Apr 13, 2012, 15:28 wtf_man

If it IS a console... they can call it a "Steaming Pile"  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access
71. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 11, 2012, 09:17 wtf_man

NKD wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 14:41:
Well I already mentioned that I didn't feel there was enough choice and customization for characters. (Both visually and mechanically.) Other than that, my biggest dislike was probably the setting. I didn't feel engaged. It didn't make me care about what was going on. Hell, it wasn't even clear to me what exactly WAS going on. Wasn't a big fan of the art style either, but that's pure preference. I didn't get to test everything obviously, but I felt the content was too easy. Like, really easy. Maybe that changes later down the road, I can't say. But I didn't like what I did play. The dynamic event stuff felt shallow, with the differences between a lot of them being pretty minimal. I'm not sure this is the solution to the quest grind. But we'll see.

Wow! Just about every press preview says the exact opposite of everything you just mentioned. I believe the customization comes later in the game, as it does most games. This game doesn't hold your had like WoW... you see something bad going on... you choose to go help or not. Period. As for difficulty, there are plenty of videos showing people getting wiped.

That said.... I don't know first hand since I have not been in the beta. I am going by press preview articles I have read, and long preview gameplay videos that I have watched, to back those up.

It LOOKS good, so far, but for all I know... it could get boring after a while... as many recent MMOs have had retention problems... BUT, since there is no fee, even if I only last a month or two... I got my moneys worth, so the risk is minimal, IMO.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned
20. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 10:22 wtf_man

Beamer wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 10:04:
While we can debate all day what portion of pirates would otherwise buy a game (low), I don't think anyone would argue none would.
If a game is pirated a million times I think it's safe to say that's 100,000 lost sales. Bulletstorm was pirated more than a million times.

Here's the thing though... Legitimate purchasers of games care about as much about that, as they care about supporting the legitimate PC Game purchasers.

Basically, they need to quit whining about it. It is not OUR fault, we're sick of hearing about it, and we're sick of paying the price of being treated automatically as thieves.

They really need to just STFU about it. Especially when there's clear evidence that the product did poorly because the market didn't desire it.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access
1. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 09:51 wtf_man

Already done, earlier this morning!  

News Comments > Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned
6. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 09:47 wtf_man

Beamer wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 09:38:
No, he does say that. They condense it down to "sales were good but not amazing. I think EA hoped we'd do better," but he said more about it at PAX.

Given that this is Epic and EA I think that's implied. Had sales been great elsewhere but not the PC then there'd be a sequel, just not on the PC.

So... this guy knows that the game did poorly on all platforms and still blames Piracy for the poor sales on the PC?

Well... I got news for him... piracy happens no matter what... and if the game sucks... those "pirated copies" were most likely NOT lost sales.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Apr 9, 2012, 20:10 wtf_man

nin wrote on Apr 9, 2012, 19:44:
If I remember right, totalbiscuit was not very kind, as were a few others that tried it from here.

edit:
http://youtu.be/sJ3Meki2-lU

For a casual space shooter on sale for 5 bucks, it doesn't look that bad.
Of course, after watching that video... one wouldn't go in with very high expectations.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. First 4G LTE Windows Phones Hit Stores Apr 9, 2012, 16:48 wtf_man

...and

*looks over both shoulders*

... I can see them lining up for miles.

/snicker

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Pachter on Other People's Opinions
23. Re: Quoteworthy - Pachter on Other People's Opinions Apr 9, 2012, 13:23 wtf_man

Wow. He thinks the "Mass Effect 3 Drama" is the the only reason they got voted the worst company???

There are far more (and better) reasons than that... however, I do understand why people have a hard time believing that EA could be voted worse than a Major Bank.

News Comments > GTA5 in October?
14. Re: GTA5 in October? Apr 9, 2012, 13:15 wtf_man

nin wrote on Apr 9, 2012, 11:46:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm a gamer, and I go where the games are. If people want to wait around for an eventual (sloppy) pc port, go right ahead. But I'll be playing in the meantime.

Just giving you some shit, my friend.

I really don't care what platforms other folks play on... To each their own. I just care about developers not properly supporting my preferred platform. /shrug

7. Re: GTA5 in October? Apr 9, 2012, 11:44 wtf_man

nin wrote on Apr 9, 2012, 11:42:
That's where I played 4. I don't have a problem with that.

Ewe.

4. Re: GTA5 in October? Apr 9, 2012, 11:34 wtf_man

nin wrote on Apr 9, 2012, 10:48:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME GET WHAT I WANT!!!!!!!!

You do realize that they mean the console release, right? It will probably be at least a year longer before you see it on the PC.

News Comments > Epic Making PC Exclusive Game
84. Re: get off my lawn! Apr 9, 2012, 10:45 wtf_man

Hobeaux wrote on Apr 9, 2012, 10:34:
You guys are just so crotchety—first you complain that Epic doesn't care about PC gaming, and then when they actually state that they are working on a PC-only title you complain about that too.

What? You think years of fucking us over with a console focused engine, shitty ports to the PC with that same engine (by them and other developers), and all the bagging on the PC platform by CliffyB The_Epic_Douchebag can be forgiven with a SINGLE announcement of a PC-Only game? Especially after it was PC gamers that got Epic to where it was in the first place?

Uhm... No.

They'd have to make something along the lines of "Skyrim success", in order to be forgiven, otherwise they can't be taken seriously, IMO.

News Comments > Epic Making PC Exclusive Game
61. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 23:56 wtf_man

If it's focused on swatting the CliffyB Douchebag... I'm in.  

News Comments > PC Dark Souls for August?
8. Re: PC Dark Souls for August? Apr 7, 2012, 20:24 wtf_man

I agree... as interesting as it looks... it all depends on the quality of the port... and if the controls aren't fucked up (like they are in a lot of ports).  

News Comments > Grimrock Editor Plans
6. Re: Grimrock Editor Plans Apr 7, 2012, 18:24 wtf_man

ASeven wrote on Apr 7, 2012, 13:37:
Imagine this: Modders manage to recreate the entirety of Eye of the Beholder and Dungeon Master games on this engine.

If that isn't enough to make anyone buy this now I don't know what is.

The Wizardry Series too. (At, least the first trilogy)

News Comments > John Romero's Shooter Plans
28. Re: John Romero's Shooter Plans Apr 6, 2012, 09:10 wtf_man

I think his new "spouse to be" has made him -> her bioatch!

He's a short muddafuck, ain't he?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:BAFTA2011_GameDevs.jpg

News Comments > EA Loses Consumerist Poll
36. Re: EA Loses Consumerist Poll Apr 4, 2012, 23:29 wtf_man

Maybe Bank of America customers are just too stupid to realize they are being fucked over... and gamers are well aware that EA fucks them over?

I quit using banks over 20 years ago... Credit Union's FTW!

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands
21. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands Apr 4, 2012, 20:58 wtf_man

Julio wrote on Apr 4, 2012, 17:54:
Sorry Bioware you're done. Make your FPS version of DA3 already...

/ROFL

I don't think it will even qualify as a good FPS... just an "awesome-botton-mash-fest".

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands
1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands Apr 4, 2012, 10:13 wtf_man

will now be able to invite up to twenty five of their friends into a 7-day free trial

25?

/ROFL

DESPERATION!

2708 Comments. 136 pages. Viewing page 66.
< Newer [ 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo