Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2672 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ] Older >

News Comments > An Arkane Look at Stealth
5. Re: An Arkane Look at Stealth Mar 25, 2012, 20:48 wtf_man

TychoCelchuuu wrote on Mar 25, 2012, 19:22:
I wouldn't trust that Wikipedia page if I were you.

Well... I guess the point is that he was around during the early years... even if he was only a tester for System Shock.

It's cool that he doesn't try to take credit for other people's work.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 25, 2012, 13:08 wtf_man

Prez wrote on Mar 25, 2012, 12:57:
Yeah, surely Skyrim will be back next week.

It will probably appear up top again when there's some decent DLC... again when there's a big sale... and again when there's a GOTY edition.

But yeah... I would have to imagine that most people that were going to buy the base game at full price, have already done so, by now.

News Comments > Age of Decadence Public Beta
3. Re: Age of Decadence Public Beta Mar 25, 2012, 13:04 wtf_man

Looks like Old-School RPGs are finally making a comeback!

Wish this was on IOS and Android, though. Turn based is perfect for tablets (and phones).

News Comments > An Arkane Look at Stealth
3. Re: An Arkane Look at Stealth Mar 25, 2012, 11:48 wtf_man

nin wrote on Mar 25, 2012, 11:18:

Wait, Harvey Smith?????

Ayup

Raphael Colantonio is a longtime fan of Looking Glass stuff... which is why they made Arx to be the "spiritual successor of Ultima Underworld". So there's no wonder why he hired Harvey. The funny thing is that I don't think Harvey was around for the older Looking Glass products.

EDIT: I guess he was since he worked on Wing Commander (at Origin) then System Shock then Thief (At Looking Glass): Harvey Smith on Wikipedia

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 24, 2012, 21:01 wtf_man

Killed my satellite in early 2008. Been 100% Netflix for 4 years. Haven't looked back.  

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Gold
23. Re: Legend of Grimrock Gold Mar 24, 2012, 11:02 wtf_man

The original Wizardry only had 10 levels... but took forever to get through. That was due to how hard it was to get through a level without going back up to town to sell your stuff and rez your dead party members.

That said... I may wait until it's released and folks can give an estimate of how short it really is. If it's real short... I'll probably only buy the IOS version, then.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Gold
5. Re: Legend of Grimrock Gold Mar 23, 2012, 21:11 wtf_man

Will buy on PC and IOS... I don't play games on my Mac. LOL  

News Comments > Ubisoft's DRM Stance Softening?
30. Re: Ubisoft's DRM Stance Softening? Mar 23, 2012, 15:27 wtf_man

ASeven wrote on Mar 23, 2012, 12:41:
Haven't bought a UBI game since the DRMless Prince of Persia and will not give them a single cent until they remove the DRM.

Ditto.

News Comments > Vanguard Going Free-to-Play
10. Re: Vanguard Going Free-to-Play Mar 22, 2012, 15:34 wtf_man

Drezden wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 14:18:
SimplyMonk wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 12:23:
SOE - Where MMOs refuse to die.

I'm surprised they haven't acquired Horizons (http://www.istaria.com) yet.

Oh my god that game was sooooo bad. My Planetside outfit was looking for something else to do once PS started dieing down thanks to Core Combat being asstastic. And we beta tested that load of dung. Holy shit. I thought it never made it out the door, I didn't know they changed the name and released that failure of coding.

Actually... it released as "Horizons"... went through being sold and bought by 3 different companies... and finally ended up with a company created by some of the original devs, who then changed the name.

News Comments > More on Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions
2. Re: More on Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions Mar 22, 2012, 10:27 wtf_man

GW2 Currency Chart

That link should clear up a lot.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 21, 2012, 23:29 wtf_man

With the leaked benchmarks showing near GTX 590 performance... looks like I'm going to finally upgrade my old 8800GTX to a quantum leap of overkill GTX 680.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Microsoft Bans Internal Purchases of Mac and iPad. Mar 21, 2012, 13:01 wtf_man

Kitkoan wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 12:42:
Apple has stolen a lot more from Microsoft then Microsoft had stolen from Apple. Thing is, Apples fans are VERY vocal when this happens but Microsoft fans are more quiet since this copy is normal from every business.

Well... I sort of meant that as a joke. Of course the industry steals from each other, constantly! Apple originally stole their shit from Xerox, though. Xerox execs were too stupid to know what do with the stuff that their PARC "think tank" came up with.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Microsoft Bans Internal Purchases of Mac and iPad. Mar 21, 2012, 10:23 wtf_man

Link is broken... but this one works:

Microsoft Bans...

It makes sense though. Why would you want all of your employees buying a competitor's product with your company funds?

Obviously their R&D department that reverse engineers stuff should have an exception. I mean, how else would they steal shit from Apple, like they always have?

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend
2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend Mar 21, 2012, 10:13 wtf_man

pLeaZE aply Ower GAEME!!!  

News Comments > Blizzard: Some WoW Subs Lost to The Old Republic
3. Re: Blizzard: Some WoW Subs Lost to The Old Republic Mar 20, 2012, 10:33 wtf_man

Just wait until Guild Wars 2 comes out... both games (WoW and SW:TOR) will bleed!

MUH-HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

News Comments > Dragon Age Entering "Next Phase"
47. Re: Dragon Age Entering Mar 20, 2012, 09:21 wtf_man

CythrawL wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 21:55:
Bullfrog..... Once great, bought by EA, turned to shit.. Now no more
Westwood Studios.... Once great, bought by EA, turned to shit.. Now no more..
Looking Glass Studios... Once great, bought by EA, turned to shit.. Now no more...
Origin Systems... Once great, bought by EA, turned to shit, now lives on as a hideous Storefront in name only..

Bioware is next on the Once great, turned to shit and now no more list..

Oh well.... When will these developers EVER learn... Oh right.. the promise of a shit-ton of money will make even the mighty fall...

EA had better keep their filthy shit covered mitts away from the likes of CD Projeckt Red etc...

Looking Glass was never bought up by EA. They only published their games.

Looking Glass went belly up after System Shock 2... due to lack of sales... and lack of promotion / care on EA's part. They split into 2 factions. Warren Spector's faction went to Ion Storm and made Deus Ex and Deus Ex 2... and is no more. Ken Levine's faction created Irrational Games and made Freedom Force, Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich, SWAT 4, Bioshock, and Bioshock 2. They Are currently working on Bioshock Infinite.

Needless to say... with the exception of Deus Ex, none of these games have the chemistry that the whole Looking Glass team had, which is a pity.

It also goes to show that when personnel rotate in and out over time... how a studio like Bioware can lose it's chemistry. Regardless of the EA purchase (which is definitely a factor, as well), Bioware ain't the Bioware of the BG days.

News Comments > Dragon Age Entering "Next Phase"
6. Re: Dragon Age Entering "Next Phase" Mar 19, 2012, 20:32 wtf_man

DA 3 Maximus Consolitus, with Forced Origin sign ups.

No Thanks.

News Comments > Beamdog on Possible Baldur's Gate III Kickstart
2. Re: Beamdog on Possible Baldur's Gate III Kickstart Mar 19, 2012, 10:15 wtf_man

I'd like to see what they do with "enhancing" the first two games, before I'd consider this.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 17, 2012, 23:14 wtf_man

WikiLeaks says founder Julian Assange plans to run for Australian Senate next year

Imagine all the dirt that's gonna be dug up on this guy!

What goes around comes around... especially when campaigning for an office!

News Comments > Borderlands 2 PC Features
9. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Features Mar 16, 2012, 18:36 wtf_man

If I can turn off the fucking CEL-SHADING OUTLINES... I'm in.  

2672 Comments. 134 pages. Viewing page 66.
< Newer [ 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo