Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2574 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Watch Dogs Minimum PC Specs
16. Re: Watch Dogs Minimum PC Specs Mar 12, 2014, 14:40 wtf_man

NKD wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 12:30:
Bundy wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 09:47:
Looking for, but don't see "Win7/8 64 bit". Damn.

With a minimum requirement of 6GB RAM, you're going to need to be on 64-bit in practice, even if it's not a 64-bit executable.

uhh... Technically a single 32-Bit process in Windows can only address 2GB, so the executable would have to be running multiple processes in order to gobble 6 GB... which would be weird. Usually an application is a single process with many threads... not multiple processes with however many threads.

So, if 6GB of RAM is required... then the OS Must be 64-Bit. A 32-Bit Windows OS only addresses 3 to 3.5GB depending on how much it has to reserve for system drivers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Elder Scroll Online Invites
18. Re: More Elder Scroll Online Invites Mar 12, 2014, 09:25 wtf_man

Yes... in Summary.... play like you would in skyrim, not an MMO. (Which is refreshing to me)

If you have to go through a starter area, pick the Aldmeri Dominion faction area for the best experience.

They are allowing folks to skip the starter areas to the main town, but you can still go to the islands. At least go back and pick up the sky shards for 2 skill points.

They are working on phasing solutions to keep group members together. While some folks feel it's a design flaw in the first place, others feel that is necessary for the immersion of the story of the area you are in. (much more like single player depth). The real issue is being able to stay with your group members if they are on different steps of the same "quest", instead of them turning invisible and seeing different things than you do. Rumor has it that they are making the person that has finished the least amount of steps the focus point. Another solution would be to make the party leader the focus point, and give the option at the end for the others to accept the completion or re-play with their own decisions. In any case... as long as group members get to stick together no matter what... it will be good.

11. Re: More Elder Scroll Online Invites Mar 11, 2014, 22:31 wtf_man

FWIW... I duo'd with a friend most of the last beta. Except for some phasing issues and some broken quests... we both had a blast, and it really felt very much like playing skyrim with a friend.

The only 2 times I got pissed off was one quest area there were too many folks in the area so it made it real difficult to get the quest done... and some of the 'forced solo' bosses were way overpowered, IMO. (Fighters Guild and Mages Guild quest lines). They have since adjusted those, but I already got past them after dieing a bunch.

The last beta was the only one I was in... so I can't speak for the earlier experiences that people have had. I am looking forward to this weekend, although I plan to mostly try crafting and completing a few of the quests that were broken last time. It doesn't make much sense to level too much on a character that is going to get wiped.

5. Re: More Elder Scroll Online Invites Mar 11, 2014, 20:44 wtf_man

Well... it played pretty much like Skyrim to me, except for the understandable limitations of an MMO and the different combat. Of course, I heard yor milage varies depending on the starting area you chose, because I heard that the other 2 starter areas are boring.

Between the patch notes of the last 2 PTS builds, the addition of collision detection on mobs/npcs, FOV slider, skip-able starter areas, and working on phasing solutions to keep you with your group... they are doing an awesome job, IMO of listening to the complaints and trying to address them ASAP.

I like it... so I bought it.

/shrug

News Comments > Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio
14. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 11, 2014, 20:10 wtf_man

How come the Cloud can't stream audio? I guess all their servers are being used up tor the game's AI. LOL  

News Comments > CryENGINE Linux Support Announced
3. Re: CryENGINE Linux Support Announced Mar 11, 2014, 19:49 wtf_man

But.. but... all PC Linux users are Pirates!  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
33. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 11, 2014, 15:34 wtf_man

The Power of the Cloud Compels me!!!

... To pinch my nose and hold my breath! PU! Did Mr. Shiring just rip one?

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2014, 09:26 wtf_man

Reports suggest Watch Dogs runs at 1080p on PS4, 900p on Xbox One.
Hows dat cloud workin' out for the Xbone owners?

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
15. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 6, 2014, 20:24 wtf_man

I'm Origin free and intend to remain that way. Fuck EA.

/shrug

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 6, 2014, 09:25 wtf_man

Americans like it for free but Europeans still prefer to pay for protection.

The problem is, consumer level Protection isn't all that great... and the free ones aren't that far behind the paid ones as far as catching what the consumer level products can catch.

No company offers Enterprise level protection at a reasonable consumer price, yet. If you want to go with cloud based... zscaler has a minimum of $700 a year for a small business. If you want to go with a Next gen firewall with full subscriptios that has https inspection... you're talking $1200-$1500 for the device, then $300+ a year for subscription.

So, free AV + Norton DNS or OpenDNS configured on the router level is the best bang for the buck for a home user. Of course, other little things like running no-script in the browser, keeping the OS, flash, reader, and java patched (if you use it), helps.

If I could pick up zscaler for $100 a year... I'd be on it in a heartbeat. Complete protection for all of my devices and completely sanitized traffic, and no expensive perimeter device to maintain/upgrade, since it's cloud based.

News Comments > MS Planning DirectX 12
7. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 09:11 wtf_man

If they did use strongarm tactics, not even DX12 could get me to upgrade from Windows 7. Windows 9 better be "da shiz", or I'll skip that one too. DX10 didn't make me upgrade to Vista either... so it would be a real shallow attempt, if they try that shit again.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 3, 2014, 20:10 wtf_man

Windows XP users will be warned of support ending with a pop-up.

MS Marketer:

PLZ BUY WINBLOWZ 8.1!!!

or

We may even givez y0u a free ed!tion bndl3d with Bing datamining for everythgin... and a free v3rsion of PC mo0ver that d0ezent move your prgRamz unless u Pay.

Rolleyes

News Comments > New Croteam IP Teased
3. Re: New Croteam IP Teased Feb 27, 2014, 12:23 wtf_man

Never liked any of the Serious Sam stuff. I know they were trying spoof old school shooters like Doom, but it just didn't appeal to me... I thought it was just plain dumb, and I'd rather play something like a Painkiller series game for that style of gameplay. Granted, I only played the first game, but I was completely turned off.

That said... after 14 years, it's about frickin' time they tried something else.

/shrug

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 27, 2014, 08:58 wtf_man

The power of the XBone Fart Cloud!  

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 26, 2014, 09:41 wtf_man

Theif is now available on Xbox One @ 900p

Fixed.

News Comments > ESO Beta Expanding
3. Re: ESO Beta Expanding Feb 25, 2014, 20:24 wtf_man

NewMaxx wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 19:20:
Get keys here:
http://orcz.com/ESO:_Beta_Key_Giveaways

Thanks.

I'm going to try the Mac version for shits and giggles.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 25, 2014, 09:11 wtf_man

Microsoft now fighting the Windows 8.x war on two fronts -- can it win either battle?

Nothing to do with the article, but Apparently they can't win. My coworker found a rant on Microsoft Answer's site that is pretty funny. The guy doing the rant is an idiot... but it is still funny as hell.

Event 10, WMI and Error 0x80041003

The rant comes after the posted answer.

I especially liked this part:
Who is the imbecile that decided to put Metro on a friggin SERVER. Have you completely lost your mind? SERVER....this is a SERVER.....not a social media machine. Nor will it ever be. Most of my servers never go on the internet.

/ROFL

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
10. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 24, 2014, 20:05 wtf_man

The PS4 Is Outselling the Xbox One Because It Appeals to 'Swing Gamers' The XBone Sucks.

Fixed.

News Comments > Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights
16. Re: Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights Feb 23, 2014, 12:37 wtf_man

Not sure whom I despise more... Randy or George.

They both need a severe ass beating, IMO... and I don't normally wish violence upon Devs.

News Comments > Schafer Confirms Broken Age Act 2 Funded
14. Re: Schafer Confirms Broken Age Act 2 Funded Feb 21, 2014, 15:25 wtf_man

Creston wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 12:51:
Cool news.

As for the internet hate, just ignore it. If your backers were fine with it, who the fuck cares about everyone else?

It wasn't fine with me.
I still think he squandered the cash for what was released, and scope creep got way out of control. The man can't budget for shit.

Oh Well.

I'll get to playing it when I'm done with my backlog from the last Black Friday sales.

/shrug

2574 Comments. 129 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo