Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2572 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Metallica to Close BlizzCon
28. Re: Metallica to Close BlizzCon Oct 21, 2014, 20:40 wtf_man

With an exception of a few songs (and garage Inc, disc 2), pretty much everything past the black album is utter shit, IMO.... and everything before was gold.

That said, after the WoW gig, I guess they will be playing at weddings and birthday party's next.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2014, 09:54 wtf_man

I mostly research and shop online.
A majority of the things I purchase ships for free with Amazon Prime.

Of course, this all depends on the on the type of items and the cost savings.

I just bought an 8x10 shed from Amazon @ 51% off MSRP. Free Shipping with Prime (250 Lbs). It will be here next Monday. I bought as bunch of pavers, and some 2x4's from a local Lowes for the base. I wasn't going to save all that much doing that online, and I definitely needed the items before the shed arrived. I wouldn't exactly classify that as an "impulse buy", but more of a "immediate necessity buy". Also, while my local lowes had some nice sheds, they would have sold this exact one closer to MSRP.

As for "regular non-grocery shopping"... we pretty much do it all online. Most of the time, we can wait for the item to ship. And I don't do well (stress-wise) in crowded stores with long lines and jammed parking lots... especially during the holiday season.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM
37. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 20, 2014, 15:30 wtf_man

...to realistically bump-map Kevin Spacey

Well that visual made me cringe. Thanks, Blue!

News Comments > GOG.com Has 100 Linux Titles
2. Re: GOG.com Has 100 Linux Titles Oct 14, 2014, 09:31 wtf_man

Are these native ports? OR just preconfigured Dosbox / Wine emulated?  

News Comments > DICE: BF4 Launch "Absolutely" Damaged Player Trust
23. Re: DICE: BF4 Launch Oct 8, 2014, 13:26 wtf_man

PHJF wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 10:14:
I had zero issues with the BF4 launch.

But maybe that's because I refuse to use Origin and thus never tried to play it. Still, no issues.

Ditto.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday
25. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 11:04 wtf_man

Wildone wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 10:37:
AND IT STILL PLAYS LIKE *SHIT*! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL....Elite Dangerous all the way

I only have $20 invested, and if I get my money's worth out of Squadron 42, I'll be satisfied.

/shrug

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
17. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Oct 4, 2014, 22:06 wtf_man

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 4, 2014, 19:56:
All I care about.. is something they haven't touched yet at all.. Squadron 42 will be SP.. but what about a stand-alone OFFLINE persistent sandbox?

This Ditto'd 10x.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Oct 2, 2014, 09:51 wtf_man

nin wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 09:33:
Oh yeah, she's a winner...link from the comments in that article:

http://tweetsave.com/leighalexander

Wow, she's effin' nuts!

I didn't understand why her article was such a big deal... but I guess it has more to do with her tweets.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
15. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 2, 2014, 09:28 wtf_man

Creston wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 23:40:
The OS upgrade isn't the big issue (and MOST enterprises would install fresh anyway.) The big issue is "Do all my old legacy apps still work, and if not, how do I keep them working so Legal doesn't go apeshit because this piece of shit database they bought in 1972 won't work anymore..."

I didn't mean to imply that it would be the only reason. Of course compatibility is a major issue.

However, for some of us that have a large number of machines scattered throughout a large geographical area, some with shit connections that will never see decent speeds... Deployment of a new OS is a very heavy issue.

We just got everything off of XP a couple of months before the End of Life. It was a 2 year ordeal.

Granted... we normally would start with fresh images... but if the upgrade works as smoothly as it did on my test laptop, and everything turns out to be compatible... rolling out an update through WSUS for existing machines, even ones on a shit connection in the middle of the sticks (using BITS), becomes a major plus. Since we replace machines that are 5 years old anyway, all machines would have a fresh image by the end of that rollout. But the major take-away is we could have the upgrade deployment done within months instead of years. (Staggering the rollouts, and re-imaging only problem machines)

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
5. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 1, 2014, 21:33 wtf_man

Wake me when it's Origin-Free, on GOG.  

8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 1, 2014, 21:14 wtf_man

Well... It's much better than 8 and 8.1

installed it on a non-domain laptop that had windows 7 on it... 4MB download... reboots... upon next logon to desktop, pops up windows update... 2.6GB update.... reboot... voila Win 7 -> win 10!!!

If they get that update real solid... that will convince a lot of enterprises to upgrade due to easy migration! (Imagine upgrading everyone through your WSUS servers)

I also took the full ISO and installed it on a VM from scratch, and joined it to the domain... RSAT tools are also already available!!!

MS did their fuckin' homework this time!

News Comments > RIFT: Nightmare Tide Open Beta Now; Launch Next Week
10. Re: RIFT: Nightmare Tide Open Beta Now; Launch Next Week Oct 1, 2014, 09:22 wtf_man

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 18:30:
2. I've been coming here for ..jesus, 2 decades? I have no idea how to reach Blue.

Try looking on the website - news, mailbag, and blue

8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 30, 2014, 18:48 wtf_man

Windows X: Puddy Tat

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Online Open Beta & Launch Next Month
14. Re: F.E.A.R. Online Open Beta & Launch Next Month Sep 30, 2014, 09:34 wtf_man

I never thought F.E.A.R. was all that great to begin with. Granted, I only played the first one. It was an enjoyable mediocre shooter at best, IMO... but this just screams FAIL.  

News Comments > Path of Exile Boasts 7M Players
18. Re: Path of Exile Boasts 7M Players Sep 26, 2014, 19:12 wtf_man

Played it a bit in beta... and it didn't float my boat, although I did find their skill system intriguing. (I can't really get into ARPGs like Diablo, where one constantly kills waves of mobs)

That said... I'm glad they are doing well, and wish them the best, especially over sell-outs like Blizzard.

News Comments > Gauntlet Released
10. Re: Gauntlet Released Sep 23, 2014, 22:31 wtf_man

BAH! Battlezone FTW! I could put a quarter in and rack up extra tanks for hours.  

News Comments > Tim Schaefer Addresses Spacebase DF-9 Questions
5. Re: Tim Schaefer Addresses Spacebase DF-9 Questions Sep 22, 2014, 09:45 wtf_man

nin wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 09:22:
Still doesn't look good, and I'll definitely think twice the next time they offer early access or a KS.

I won't give them a dime up front.

If they somehow had to KS the Grim Fandango Remake... I still wouldn't give them a dime up front. (And that is one of my favorites)

News Comments > Double Fine Taking Heat for Spacebase DF-9 Release Plans
12. Re: Double Fine Taking Heat for Spacebase DF-9 Release Plans Sep 20, 2014, 15:33 wtf_man

I'm still pissed about Broken Age... not playing it until the full game is released. But it is obvious that Schaffer and company don't know how to do things within budget... nor on time.

Schaffer may be brilliant and getting humor into adventure games... but he sucks at running a studio. (Which is not all that surprising... good game devs usually doesn't = good business running skills.

/shrug

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 14, 2014, 12:49 wtf_man

1. Cut the cord in 2007 (I'm an early adopter, I guess)
2. Never gave a shit about HBO, even when I had satellite
3. Wouldn't pay the equivalent or higher than Netflix for one fricken "channel", even if it includes their entire "previous library".
4. Between Netflix, my personal movie and TV collection, Amazon Prime (which pays for itself with all the stuff we get shipped for free), direct shows on the internet from our computers, and potentially getting an HD antenna for local channels... I have more content than I'd ever really need... especially between PC gaming, motorcycling, hot rodding, and other social activities with our friends that my wife and I enjoy.
5. I'm not giving my personal info to another media company that would sell it without an opt-out.

All this will potentially do is take the HBO stuff off other services... and again... I don't care.

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
23. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 10:14 wtf_man

Verno wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 10:00:
He can already retire many times over, Minecraft has made him a multi-millionaire though I'm sure becoming a billionaire is also pretty damned appealing. It's not really a question if its personally attractive to him because that kind of goes without saying. I'm more curious about why Microsoft would want to do this and whats going to happen to it afterward (nothing good).

I know he can already retire, financially. But he still is running his own business, so he has ties. If MS buys him out... it ain't his business anymore... so, no ties. More of a reason to retire.

If he misses making games so much... start a new company in a couple of years.

/shrug

2572 Comments. 129 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo