Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2556 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Tim Schaefer Addresses Spacebase DF-9 Questions
5. Re: Tim Schaefer Addresses Spacebase DF-9 Questions Sep 22, 2014, 09:45 wtf_man

nin wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 09:22:
Still doesn't look good, and I'll definitely think twice the next time they offer early access or a KS.

I won't give them a dime up front.

If they somehow had to KS the Grim Fandango Remake... I still wouldn't give them a dime up front. (And that is one of my favorites)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Double Fine Taking Heat for Spacebase DF-9 Release Plans
12. Re: Double Fine Taking Heat for Spacebase DF-9 Release Plans Sep 20, 2014, 15:33 wtf_man

I'm still pissed about Broken Age... not playing it until the full game is released. But it is obvious that Schaffer and company don't know how to do things within budget... nor on time.

Schaffer may be brilliant and getting humor into adventure games... but he sucks at running a studio. (Which is not all that surprising... good game devs usually doesn't = good business running skills.

/shrug

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 14, 2014, 12:49 wtf_man

1. Cut the cord in 2007 (I'm an early adopter, I guess)
2. Never gave a shit about HBO, even when I had satellite
3. Wouldn't pay the equivalent or higher than Netflix for one fricken "channel", even if it includes their entire "previous library".
4. Between Netflix, my personal movie and TV collection, Amazon Prime (which pays for itself with all the stuff we get shipped for free), direct shows on the internet from our computers, and potentially getting an HD antenna for local channels... I have more content than I'd ever really need... especially between PC gaming, motorcycling, hot rodding, and other social activities with our friends that my wife and I enjoy.
5. I'm not giving my personal info to another media company that would sell it without an opt-out.

All this will potentially do is take the HBO stuff off other services... and again... I don't care.

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
23. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 10:14 wtf_man

Verno wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 10:00:
He can already retire many times over, Minecraft has made him a multi-millionaire though I'm sure becoming a billionaire is also pretty damned appealing. It's not really a question if its personally attractive to him because that kind of goes without saying. I'm more curious about why Microsoft would want to do this and whats going to happen to it afterward (nothing good).

I know he can already retire, financially. But he still is running his own business, so he has ties. If MS buys him out... it ain't his business anymore... so, no ties. More of a reason to retire.

If he misses making games so much... start a new company in a couple of years.

/shrug

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
15. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 09:56 wtf_man

He'd be pretty stupid not to take the offer, and immediately retire.

Sellout Hypocrisy is pretty irrelevant at that point.

If he's dumb enough to stay on after the sale... well... that's his call, I guess.

News Comments > PopCap Founder Pops Out
24. Re: PopCap Founder Pops Out Sep 6, 2014, 22:14 wtf_man

jdreyer wrote on Sep 6, 2014, 18:10:
10 years ago the case of the EA Spouse, that was true. That was settled and changes were made. They're voted by employees as one of the best companies to work for in the Bay area, as well as desgnated as having some of the best office equality by Human Rights Campaign.

Those new whips EA bought are certainly working.

News Comments > Camelot Unchained Testing Delayed
2. Re: Camelot Unchained Testing Delayed Sep 5, 2014, 21:01 wtf_man

/snicker  

News Comments > Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed
7. Re: Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed Sep 4, 2014, 10:55 wtf_man

I'm not sure how this is enforceable.

Valve is not an Australian company... and even if they do have offices there, it would be easy to shut them down. Australians would still be buying games from Steam, even if they had to use a proxy to do so. In fact they'd probably be more apt to buy non-censored versions of the games through proxy.

Don't get me wrong... I hate that I can't get refunds on games either... but I can't see how the Aussies can enforce this, nor why Valve wouldn't just flip them the bird.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month
1. Re: Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month Sep 3, 2014, 13:20 wtf_man

Did they fix the mouse and keyboard driving yet?

Not buying this game until that is fixed.

On another note... I'm ordering a XIM4, for my PS4 soon... if that doesn't prove how anti-gamepad-contoller I am, I don't know what will.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
11. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Aug 31, 2014, 23:09 wtf_man

32 years old and retiring comfortably well off??? Yeah, I'm envious.

I wish him the best. It's still one of the better tech sites.

News Comments > Win8 Age of Empires: Castle Siege Announced
2. Re: Win8 Age of Empires: Castle Siege Announced Aug 25, 2014, 20:31 wtf_man

Thptptptptptptptptpt!  

News Comments > Hack Your Fiends in Watch Dogs
3. Re: Hack Your Fiends in Watch Dogs Aug 22, 2014, 09:21 wtf_man

Did they fix the driving for mouse and keyboard users yet?  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month
13. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 13, 2014, 23:01 wtf_man

I play casually with a friend. Only VR3 and have been playing since early access. I'm in no rush to get to VR12. Just enjoying the journey.

I think if you play it too heavily to "get to level cap"... yeah you'll burn out on the PvE because it's pretty much the same shit as the other two factions.

In smaller doses... it's not bad at all. sort of like firing up skyrim for an hour every few days.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month
2. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 13, 2014, 18:54 wtf_man

Just fine, thanks!  

News Comments > John Romero's New Shooter Plans
53. Re: John Romero's New Shooter Plans Aug 12, 2014, 09:38 wtf_man

Flatline wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 00:40:
His ego helped kill off Looking Glass Studios.

Huh? WTF did he ever have to do with Looking Glass?
Other than Recruit Warren Spector for Deus Ex after Looking Glass already imploded?

News Comments > John Romero's New Shooter Plans
27. Re: John Romero's New Shooter Plans Aug 11, 2014, 20:40 wtf_man

Ehh.... on the one hand, beating him up for Daikatana nowadays is a bit dumb... he's more than paid the price for that "masterpiece". Freak

On the other hand, he really hasn't done anything of notice in the game industry since, and deserves all the skepticism that is being thrown at him.

That said... I hope he makes something decent.

/shrug

News Comments > 4A Games on Metro Redux Upgrades
17. Re: 4A Games on Metro Redux Upgrades Aug 10, 2014, 19:45 wtf_man

Bought Metro 2033 on a Steam sale a few months ago... still haven't gotten around to playing it.

After watching the comparison video... not sure if I really give a shit about a minor graphics upgrade. Yeah, the redux version is nicer, especially the lighting... but I don't think the original version looks all that bad either.

/shrug

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
6. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 9, 2014, 23:28 wtf_man

DangerDog wrote on Aug 9, 2014, 20:44:
It's too expensive, might as well just buy a convertible laptop. And if you just want a tablet to e-read and consume video on there are much cheaper options.

Windows RT was a huge mistake as well, guess they didn't learn anything from the failure of Windows NT for RISC systems.

This.

For the same money, I'd rather have a real ultrabook, or a better laptop with better battery life, than a tablet that comes with a shit detachable keyboard.

For quick internet surfing / youtubing... my 3 year old iPad does fine... and was much cheaper. (the irony of that is kind of funny since everyone likes to squawk about Apple's prices)

News Comments > Boss Key Looking to Re-earn Trust
17. Re: Boss Key Looking to Re-earn Trust Aug 9, 2014, 20:58 wtf_man

Haven't bought an Epic game since UT2003.

Other than the original Unreal and Unreal Tournament... I can't think of a game they made that was worth a shit.

So, regardless of Cliffy's douchebag PC comments from the past... he's got a lot more to prove than just changing his rhetoric.

/shrug

News Comments > Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs
29. Re: Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs Aug 6, 2014, 09:21 wtf_man

I never cared for it. Was bored to death by level 10... trudged through level 40 something hoping it would get better, quit and never looked back.

That said... I'm still having a blast in ESO. I guess I'm a "niche" MMO player instead of a "for the masses" one.

2556 Comments. 128 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo