Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2597 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 16, 2014, 10:20 wtf_man

I try to protect my privacy from marketers as much as possible... running Firefox without keeping history / cookies / LSA's, Ghostery, Random Agent Spoofer with random IPs, Adblock Plus, No Script, etc. etc.

However, I don't really have a huge concern that the government might be monitoring my Amazon searches.

/shrug

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sullied Areal Returns as STALKER Apocalypse
14. Re: Sullied Areal Returns as STALKER Apocalypse Dec 12, 2014, 15:56 wtf_man

Putin gave me an assload of cash, and I'm donating every dime to these "clearly professional developers" that are going to make an awesome STALKER game!  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 9, 2014, 10:21 wtf_man

I'll never rent my OS. Nor will I live with it constantly wanting me to use / pay for cloud services. My shit stays on my devices... Period. Nor am I willing to be constantly data-mined with Bing interconnected to everything in the OS.

So, even though I like the Windows 10 Preview way more than Windows 8/8.1... it looks like I'll be passing on it too, and Windows 7 will truly be my last MS OS at home.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 8, 2014, 00:20 wtf_man

Pete wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 22:24:
I still don't have Skyrim

Well, a maybe sandbox RPGs aren't your thing.

I don't buy ARPGs nor RTS's... They just don't float my boat. To each their own.
/shrug

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 6, 2014, 13:18 wtf_man

Uh.. Google and/or the NSA already beat him to it.  

News Comments > Broken Age Part Two Next Year
10. Re: Broken Age Part Two Next Year Nov 30, 2014, 19:01 wtf_man

Sepharo wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 17:31:
wtf_man wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 14:56:
It is real apparent that Tim can't run a company.

To echo what Kajetan said, a company doesn't last 14 years as a fluke. So it is apparent that Tim can run a company. That's a hell of a lot longer than the average developer lasts.

Just because he can barely keep the studio afloat for 14 years doesn't make him a good business man. He definitely has difficulty managing money for his projects. We've seen that more than once.

News Comments > Broken Age Part Two Next Year
4. Re: Broken Age Part Two Next Year Nov 30, 2014, 14:56 wtf_man

Sho wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 14:31:
Unless they get lucky on something I think they'll at the very least continue to downsize, and maybe not survive 2015.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings. It is real apparent that Tim can't run a company. The more I think about it... there have been many great developers that have tried... and they just don't have the business sense. Pretty much, creative types don't have what is necessary to run a business, especially since most mis-manage finances on "Big Dreams". Not saying that some aren't successful... but most aren't.

Tim and company would be better off working for Disney as a Neo Lucas Arts, IMO. Maybe they'll get lucky if the Grim Fandango remake does well, and Disney buys them out.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 30, 2014, 12:32 wtf_man

It died for me back in 2007.

I don't miss it at all.

/shrug

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
58. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 26, 2014, 21:19 wtf_man

Did ubi ever fix the mouse / keyboard and driving in Watch Dogs?  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 24, 2014, 20:10 wtf_man

NSA Privacy Director says fears of government spying are unwarranted.

Yes, we know they spy on us without warrants. THAT'S THE FSCHKING PROBLEM!

News Comments > Game Cancellation Causes Double Fine Layoffs
11. Re: Game Cancellation Causes Double Fine Layoffs Nov 22, 2014, 21:20 wtf_man

Was Tim one of them?

No?

Ah well.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered
34. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered Nov 22, 2014, 13:59 wtf_man

I'll just put it this way...

I kicked in $20 or so for Star Citizen. I really only did it for Squadron 42, and couldn't care less about the online game. I have not bought any ships or anything. If Squadron 42 can't be played offline... I'd want my money back... regardless if I beta tested it a bit or not.

Other than full fledged MMOs that *I* intend to play online only... I do not buy games with on-line requirements. Period.

/shrug

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 18, 2014, 15:27 wtf_man

InBlack wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 10:09:
This game needs to be released on the PC NOW!

Well... you might be able to get your fix this way: link

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 14, 2014, 11:10 wtf_man

Things IT people never say

"Let me pull a magic wand out of my ass and fix that for you!"

(Lord knows how many times that phrase has crossed my mind, though )

News Comments > System Shock 2 Community Patch
9. Re: System Shock 2 Community Patch Nov 11, 2014, 13:45 wtf_man

JayDeath wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 13:41:
I have this classic sitting in my Steam library and I've never played the game. Maybe now is the time.

Better not. You'll quickly find out how lacking modern games are (game-play-wise).

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 3, 2014, 09:34 wtf_man

I find it interesting that everyone said (pre-launch of both consoles) that graphics would be dumbed down to the lowest common denominator and you wouldn't have any advantage with PS4's processing power... then a good chunk of developers have instead decided to dumb down the xbone's resolution to make up for the lack of power.

...and yes... being able to attain native resolution on a display makes a noticeable difference. If you play on an older native 720P TV, your golden with an XBone.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
11. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 2, 2014, 00:27 wtf_man

Redmask wrote on Nov 1, 2014, 23:32:
HoSpanky wrote on Nov 1, 2014, 20:33:
Just don't understand all the incredible revulsion people have for the Xbone.

It shouldn't be difficult to understand. They shipped a weak system on purpose and tried to force people to use their gimmicky camera crap. Then they tried to charge a premium for it. They took a dump on customers with DRM and had to back peddle. Their entire strategy has been a series of missteps and shitty PR. At the same time Sony capitalized on their errors by taking opposition stances to pretty much everything Microsoft did. It should be no surprise that people don't like the system that tried to force unfavorable choices on them.

Microsoft has made some good decisions since then but they have a long way to go with customers before that trust is regained. They spent an entire generation building goodwill and pissed it all away in 3 months. It was a very impressive trainwreck.

QFT

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 31, 2014, 13:57 wtf_man

I was sort of interested in the Google-Free Fire phone (rather let Amazon data mine me since my wife and I do use a lot of their services)... but unfortunately it's the AT&T exclusive that kills it for us.

Not that I think Verizon is any better... however, in my case Verizon has much better coverage in our area, especially when we go motorcycle riding in outlying areas... so, yeah... "it's the Network" for me.

So, I'm guessing our next phones will be CyanogenMod versions of Android.

28. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 30, 2014, 17:06 wtf_man

...so I'm, guessing they are going back to the old rainbow colored Apple Logo?  

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 29, 2014, 20:07 wtf_man

Jivaro wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 12:34:
wtf_man wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 10:45:
PS4 Finally Gets YouTube App

Not real happy with the fact that you have to sign in to PSN just to watch videos. The fricken datamining needs to stop!

Create a second Youtube account specifically for the PS4. Google/Youtube will know it's you if you use the same email address but PSN will only have access to the account you link.

There's no youtube account involved... it's just Sony making you sign in to PSN, and of course they are sharing info with Google... so it's both Sony and Google datamining you at the same time.

2597 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo