Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2670 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Age of Conan Turns Seven
15. Re: Age of Conan Turns Seven May 20, 2015, 22:47 wtf_man

1-20 was the best, yes... but after 20 wasn't THAT bad... base gameplay-wise... it just wasn't voice-overed and you no longer could to "personal story private quests restricted to night time" like you could at 1-20.

Where AoC really failed after level 20 was content level gaps (had to grind a few levels to get back to the questing), and buggy-ass broken quests that you couldn't complete. I had a buttful by about level 45 and quit.

I imagine that all would be fixed by now, though.
One would just have to still put up with no more voice overs after level 20, and no instanced private story.

The combat was interesting for Melee, but if I recall, magic users weren't too happy. Not sure if they fixed that or not.

It wasn't a horrible game, IMO... but not great... and definitely not finished.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse May 20, 2015, 16:22 wtf_man

YouTube Kids Accused Of Running Beer Ads, Crotch-Grabbing Lessons, Wine-Tasting Tips

Well... kids need to know these things, you know... how else are they going to get edumacated?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization May 18, 2015, 20:56 wtf_man

Now now... I was just poking a little fun. Not trying to be nasty.  

1. Re: Morning Mobilization May 18, 2015, 15:08 wtf_man

My Cutter impression:

"Apple doesn't need to improve Apple Watch's security because anyone that owns one is a douche, and theives aren't THAT douche-y."

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
9. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 16, 2015, 20:54 wtf_man

Well... I'm not actually poo-pooing the OS, itself. I actually like the latest builds, and the Dark theme looks much better than the fugly pastel windows of 8.0/8.1.

That said... make no mistake... YOU are the product, just like with Facebook, Google, etc. etc.

I intend to block / disable / uninstall all that stuff. Fortunately you can still make a local account... you can make search not use the internet, disable cortana, disable one drive, all through local policy editing... and uninstall most of the modern apps with powershell.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 16, 2015, 12:57 wtf_man

"Windows as a service" just means that we'll continuously keep it up to date. datamine you and sell your info through Practically forced Microsoft Live Logons, One Drive, Bing Search, Cortana and anything else that phones home... we will also monetize you with "modern apps" that all search results will list first. There is no ongoing fee."

Fixed.

This comment was edited on May 16, 2015, 13:02.

4. Re: Morning Metaverse May 14, 2015, 20:21 wtf_man

Kajetan wrote on May 14, 2015, 18:19:
wtf_man wrote on May 14, 2015, 15:08:
I don't suppose "F**k You BBC As We laugh all the way to the bank" would be an appropriate title?
Maybe, but no money in the world can heal his hurt pride. He still has a big ego and getting fired from his own hugely successful show about someting he probably considers a small, unimportant "thing" ...

I don't think so... he's had several run ins with the BBC and he probably had just as much of a buttfull of them as they had with him.

Seriously... with others willing to pick him up, and May and Hammond sticking by his side... I don't think he could care less about the BBC firing him.

... and yes, I agree he does have a big ego.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse May 14, 2015, 15:08 wtf_man

I don't suppose "F**k You BBC As We laugh all the way to the bank" would be an appropriate title?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 13, 2015, 20:15 wtf_man

You have to say the computer belongs to a company in order to make a local account (on initial install). Doesn't have to join a domain through.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift in Q1 2016
8. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 09:45 wtf_man

Meh. Still a gimmick. Great for racing games/flying sims/rollercoaster tech demos, but I'll keep waiting for holodeck/brain implants.

This.

Pretty much a niche market, IMO. Like 3D TV, but a little bigger.

I love gaming, but I have zero interest strapping something to my skull.

/shrug

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
5. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood May 5, 2015, 15:39 wtf_man

Well, I'm certainly not going to buy a game that takes me longer to download than play.  

News Comments > EverQuest Emulator Legal
9. Re: EverQuest Emulator Legal May 5, 2015, 15:27 wtf_man

descender wrote on May 5, 2015, 14:58:
EQ was the best MMO for exactly the reason you just described. Consequence and danger. It was extremely easy to get in over your head and die in EQ, and that fear of death and corpse recovery kept things extremely exciting during group play in dungeons.

IMO, there still isn't an MMO that touches the goodness that is/was EQ. There are merely fisher price rip-offs of it.

They are releasing Velious in August, Kunark -> Vellious was the golden age of EQ IMO so if anyone was on the fence about checking this out now is the time.

Well... since you are obviously a masochist... You can jump on Brad's latest train wreck: Crapeon: Rise of the Spawn Campers

News Comments > DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley
41. Re: DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley May 1, 2015, 15:30 wtf_man

I pretty much stopped caring about more photo-realism in games around early DX9.

Too much photo-realism is actually anti-immersive to me.

Don't get me wrong... I'm all for API improvements for better performance and some better effects... but I want to play a game... not an interactive movie.

1. Re: Morning Mobilization May 1, 2015, 10:05 wtf_man

My iPad is 3 years old and shows no signs of being obsolete. It doesn't take a lot of horsepower to just surf the Net and do a few small tasks (Coming from someone that doesn't buy a ton of apps).

Also, since I don't have a ton of apps... I'm not locked into IOS.

The point is... the tablet market was going to plateau eventually... and it pretty much has.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Preloads; Specs
7. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Preloads; Specs Apr 30, 2015, 10:17 wtf_man

Darks wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 10:10:
Are they putting in the original game in this release too? The original game was 40 GB. that's a lot of data for a supposed add-on.

It's not an add-on... it's a standalone prequel game.

I never played New Order because something about Nazi's in the 1960's just didn't jive with me.... but I may pick this up.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Clue?
5. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Clue? Apr 30, 2015, 09:51 wtf_man

nin wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 09:14:
Hope they fix the cars this time.

I can't imagine why they haven't patched a fix by now.

News Comments > Broken Age: Act 2 Release Plans
10. Re: Broken Age: Act 2 Release Plans Apr 27, 2015, 15:26 wtf_man

Suckage wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 10:40:
wtf_man wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 10:21:
I never downloaded part 1. I wonder if there is a way to stitch them together so you don't have to launch 2 separate games.

On Steam Act 2 is patched into the game. There are no separate executables.

Cool... I registered my copy on Steam when part 1 came out... just never installed it.

Thanks.

News Comments > Broken Age: Act 2 Release Plans
4. Re: Broken Age: Act 2 Release Plans Apr 27, 2015, 10:21 wtf_man

I never downloaded part 1. I wonder if there is a way to stitch them together so you don't have to launch 2 separate games.  

News Comments > Skyrim Free Weekend
9. Re: Skyrim Free Weekend Apr 24, 2015, 11:05 wtf_man

Well... if a majority of the revenue collected is going to one or both companies... then yes, I concede, this is fucked up.  

News Comments > Skyrim Free Weekend
4. Re: Skyrim Free Weekend Apr 24, 2015, 10:36 wtf_man

Uh... this is so mod makers can make some money through steam workshop.

The money doesn't appear go to Bethesda, but probably some would go to Steam.

You can still use free mods from the Nexus and Steam.

So, I'm not sure how Bethesda screwed up?

2670 Comments. 134 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo