Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wtf_man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2003, 02:14
Total Comments 2587 (Senior)
User ID 19499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Cancellation Causes Double Fine Layoffs
11. Re: Game Cancellation Causes Double Fine Layoffs Nov 22, 2014, 21:20 wtf_man

Was Tim one of them?

No?

Ah well.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered
34. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered Nov 22, 2014, 13:59 wtf_man

I'll just put it this way...

I kicked in $20 or so for Star Citizen. I really only did it for Squadron 42, and couldn't care less about the online game. I have not bought any ships or anything. If Squadron 42 can't be played offline... I'd want my money back... regardless if I beta tested it a bit or not.

Other than full fledged MMOs that *I* intend to play online only... I do not buy games with on-line requirements. Period.

/shrug

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 18, 2014, 15:27 wtf_man

InBlack wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 10:09:
This game needs to be released on the PC NOW!

Well... you might be able to get your fix this way: link

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 14, 2014, 11:10 wtf_man

Things IT people never say

"Let me pull a magic wand out of my ass and fix that for you!"

(Lord knows how many times that phrase has crossed my mind, though )

News Comments > System Shock 2 Community Patch
9. Re: System Shock 2 Community Patch Nov 11, 2014, 13:45 wtf_man

JayDeath wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 13:41:
I have this classic sitting in my Steam library and I've never played the game. Maybe now is the time.

Better not. You'll quickly find out how lacking modern games are (game-play-wise).

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 3, 2014, 09:34 wtf_man

I find it interesting that everyone said (pre-launch of both consoles) that graphics would be dumbed down to the lowest common denominator and you wouldn't have any advantage with PS4's processing power... then a good chunk of developers have instead decided to dumb down the xbone's resolution to make up for the lack of power.

...and yes... being able to attain native resolution on a display makes a noticeable difference. If you play on an older native 720P TV, your golden with an XBone.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
11. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 2, 2014, 00:27 wtf_man

Redmask wrote on Nov 1, 2014, 23:32:
HoSpanky wrote on Nov 1, 2014, 20:33:
Just don't understand all the incredible revulsion people have for the Xbone.

It shouldn't be difficult to understand. They shipped a weak system on purpose and tried to force people to use their gimmicky camera crap. Then they tried to charge a premium for it. They took a dump on customers with DRM and had to back peddle. Their entire strategy has been a series of missteps and shitty PR. At the same time Sony capitalized on their errors by taking opposition stances to pretty much everything Microsoft did. It should be no surprise that people don't like the system that tried to force unfavorable choices on them.

Microsoft has made some good decisions since then but they have a long way to go with customers before that trust is regained. They spent an entire generation building goodwill and pissed it all away in 3 months. It was a very impressive trainwreck.

QFT

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 31, 2014, 13:57 wtf_man

I was sort of interested in the Google-Free Fire phone (rather let Amazon data mine me since my wife and I do use a lot of their services)... but unfortunately it's the AT&T exclusive that kills it for us.

Not that I think Verizon is any better... however, in my case Verizon has much better coverage in our area, especially when we go motorcycle riding in outlying areas... so, yeah... "it's the Network" for me.

So, I'm guessing our next phones will be CyanogenMod versions of Android.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
28. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 30, 2014, 17:06 wtf_man

...so I'm, guessing they are going back to the old rainbow colored Apple Logo?  

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 29, 2014, 20:07 wtf_man

Jivaro wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 12:34:
wtf_man wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 10:45:
PS4 Finally Gets YouTube App

Not real happy with the fact that you have to sign in to PSN just to watch videos. The fricken datamining needs to stop!

Create a second Youtube account specifically for the PS4. Google/Youtube will know it's you if you use the same email address but PSN will only have access to the account you link.

There's no youtube account involved... it's just Sony making you sign in to PSN, and of course they are sharing info with Google... so it's both Sony and Google datamining you at the same time.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 29, 2014, 10:45 wtf_man

PS4 Finally Gets YouTube App

Not real happy with the fact that you have to sign in to PSN just to watch videos. The fricken datamining needs to stop!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2014, 10:41 wtf_man

Craigslist ad thing is pretty funny.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 25, 2014, 00:11 wtf_man

Creston wrote on Oct 25, 2014, 00:00:
Internet providers to U.S. senator: Here, have some money.

U.S. senator to himself: What was I saying again? I forgot. Time to buy another summer home.

Or...

"Keep your promises like we politicians keep ours... Wink wink nudge nudge knowwhutimean?"

News Comments > NCSOFT Layoffs; Carbine Reportedly Loses 60+
15. Re: NCSOFT Layoffs; Carbine Reportedly Loses 60+ Oct 24, 2014, 09:31 wtf_man

Still playing ESO and loving it. The weird thing is that it has lasted longer then GW2 did for me, and it's subscription based. I swore off of subscription based after GW2... I was wrong.  

News Comments > John Riccitiello New Unity CEO
5. Re: John Riccitiello New Unity CEO Oct 22, 2014, 15:42 wtf_man

John secretly didn't really leave EA... you will now need an Origin account in order to use the developer tools and access the asset store, for the Unity engine. Middlefinger  

News Comments > Metallica to Close BlizzCon
28. Re: Metallica to Close BlizzCon Oct 21, 2014, 20:40 wtf_man

With an exception of a few songs (and garage Inc, disc 2), pretty much everything past the black album is utter shit, IMO.... and everything before was gold.

That said, after the WoW gig, I guess they will be playing at weddings and birthday party's next.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2014, 09:54 wtf_man

I mostly research and shop online.
A majority of the things I purchase ships for free with Amazon Prime.

Of course, this all depends on the on the type of items and the cost savings.

I just bought an 8x10 shed from Amazon @ 51% off MSRP. Free Shipping with Prime (250 Lbs). It will be here next Monday. I bought as bunch of pavers, and some 2x4's from a local Lowes for the base. I wasn't going to save all that much doing that online, and I definitely needed the items before the shed arrived. I wouldn't exactly classify that as an "impulse buy", but more of a "immediate necessity buy". Also, while my local lowes had some nice sheds, they would have sold this exact one closer to MSRP.

As for "regular non-grocery shopping"... we pretty much do it all online. Most of the time, we can wait for the item to ship. And I don't do well (stress-wise) in crowded stores with long lines and jammed parking lots... especially during the holiday season.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM
37. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 20, 2014, 15:30 wtf_man

...to realistically bump-map Kevin Spacey

Well that visual made me cringe. Thanks, Blue!

News Comments > GOG.com Has 100 Linux Titles
2. Re: GOG.com Has 100 Linux Titles Oct 14, 2014, 09:31 wtf_man

Are these native ports? OR just preconfigured Dosbox / Wine emulated?  

News Comments > DICE: BF4 Launch "Absolutely" Damaged Player Trust
23. Re: DICE: BF4 Launch Oct 8, 2014, 13:26 wtf_man

PHJF wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 10:14:
I had zero issues with the BF4 launch.

But maybe that's because I refuse to use Origin and thus never tried to play it. Still, no issues.

Ditto.

2587 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo