Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for TheBigVlad

Real Name TheBigVlad   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 25, 2003, 20:36
Total Comments 56 (Suspect)
User ID 19498

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Max Payne 3: Painful Memories
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Max Payne 3: Painful Memories Dec 5, 2012, 10:28 TheBigVlad

I know there's not a lot of love for this game here but I absolutely loved it. For me the issues with the frequent cutscenes and stylistic presentation were drowned out by how engaged I was in the story. I also admit I'm a little biased since the first two games were some of my favorites of all time, so getting to play as Max again really satisfied my nostalgia. Haven't touched multiplayer though.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale May 30, 2012, 01:24 TheBigVlad

Insane deals. I want to play Crusader Kings II but I know that if I buy it, I won't touch it until next year sometime. Diablo 3 is keeping me busy and after that, I still have several other games I need to get around to playing as well.

It's weird because I can't help but feel slightly guilty for not buying such awesome games at such great prices. Can you buy Amazon digital downloads as gifts for others? Maybe I'll do that so I can support the devs.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Ending Changes Planned
67. Re: Mass Effect 3 Ending Changes Planned Mar 21, 2012, 16:50 TheBigVlad

Verno wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 16:35:
TheBigVlad wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 16:31:
I would think the point would be to entertain. Many of the choices I made during the series did alter my gameplay experience enough that I felt like they mattered, but I never expected them to make any huge impact to the overall story. I'm not sure why anyone would, honestly.

Bioware has literally said that the game is all about building "your Shepard and telling your story". I get what you're saying about not expecting a totally personalized ending but its hard to argue that it wasn't sold that way. In fact Casey Hudson also said there would be individualized endings that were "too many to count" and claimed that there would not just be a simple three choice ending.

It's not totally about personalization either, a lot of people were very attached to their companions and wanted some explanation in that regard too. The ending should have worked on some level but it just doesn't really seem to satisfy most people no matter what you're into - lore, the characters, your protagonist, etc.

Alright, I understand that people had certain expectations based on BioWare statements and marketing. That makes sense. I guess it just didn't bother me as much as others because I stayed away from all ME3 related hype until release, because I had such little interest in the game other than seeing how the story ends (because I loved ME1). As I've said before, I had no expectations for the game other than it being utter crap. So, it's really hard for me to not be somewhat satisfied.

62. Re: Mass Effect 3 Ending Changes Planned Mar 21, 2012, 16:31 TheBigVlad

Creston wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 16:15:
TheBigVlad wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 16:06:
It's a story-driven action game. I wouldn't expect my choices to have mattered much, if at all.

It's clear you really understood the whole point about the entire Mass Effect series...

Creston

I would think the point would be to entertain. Many of the choices I made during the series did alter my gameplay experience enough that I felt like they mattered, but I never expected them to make any huge impact to the overall story. I'm not sure why anyone would, honestly.

46. Re: Mass Effect 3 Ending Changes Planned Mar 21, 2012, 16:06 TheBigVlad

Just finished the game 30 minutes ago. I was happy with the ending as is. If the problem people have is that the choices you make during the game(s) don't matter in the end... well, this isn't an RPG. It's a story-driven action game. I wouldn't expect my choices to have mattered much, if at all. I guess it's hard for me to not be satisfied though since I thought ME2 was a huge disappointment and I expected ME3 to be total shit, and it wasn't.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Challenge Weekend
4. Re: Mass Effect 3 Challenge Weekend Mar 17, 2012, 12:06 TheBigVlad

I haven't finished ME3 quite yet but I figure I'm about 80% done. So far I'd say ME3 > ME2. I loved ME1 but I didn't like ME2 very much because it didn't advance the story at all and it felt like a dumbed down shooter. ME3 is still a dumbed down shooter but at least it has a story. There is actually interesting stuff going on. Can't speak about the ending though.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
73. Re: GTA San Andreas in May 2005 for PC. Aug 18, 2004, 02:15 TheBigVlad

I have tried both of the previious versions on the PC, but they just seem like a mess of a game. Poor graphics, poor control, bizarre trigger points, broken AI, poor physics, etc.

ALL of these issues could be cleared up if only they ditched that sorry out-of-date tech called the PS2

It's funny because I agree with you completey about every one one of those issues... but I'm able to look past them all because the games are just so damn immersive and fun, despite them.

I've... never played Mafia

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: GTA San Andreas in May 2005 for PC. Aug 17, 2004, 11:44 TheBigVlad

Hell yeah I'll be all over it when it comes out. I just wish they'd have ditched the consoles and developed it PC only but there's no way that had any chance of happening. Not a big deal though... can't wait.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: No subject Aug 5, 2004, 06:56 TheBigVlad

Planescape: Torment had a commercial for Icewind Dale that you couldn't skip past, don't know if that's what you're referring to or not. VERY annoying!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Exactly Jul 23, 2004, 19:46 TheBigVlad

Well if that's what you buy a gun for, that's its purpose then.

But yeah, Mr. Hatch needs to fall off a bridge into a pit of molten lava or something.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Catwoman
20. Re: Catwoman Jul 23, 2004, 19:24 TheBigVlad

"Shits Ahoy" would have been more appropriate here Blue.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Benchmarks
42. Re: I don't beleive it Jul 22, 2004, 06:39 TheBigVlad

Does Doom 3 even support 16-bit color? I'm sure it would look godawful... I'd rather drop the res than play in 16-bit. I don't like playing anything below 1024 also, but I think I can deal with 800x600. No choice now as I don't plan on upgrading my ti4400 for another year at least.

Anyway I must say I'm rather pleased at the benchmarks. 30+ FPS works for me.

News Comments > Carmack Working Ahead
21. Re: Engines Jul 20, 2004, 18:17 TheBigVlad

There's still plenty of room for graphical enhancement in my opinion. One of the biggest things new things within the next few years will be real-time soft shadows for every object. This can really add a lot to the realism of a game, especially game's that rely on mood and atmoshpere (like Doom 3). That will take a hell of a lot of procession power though.

There are other neat little tricks and gimmicks in store but I WANT MY SOFT SHADOWS.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Press Release
64. Re: HDTV Surround Sound Jul 14, 2004, 17:13 TheBigVlad

I use these headphones from Grado Labs
http://www.gradolabs.com/product_pages/sr225.htm

They're not 5.1 DD or any of that jazz, but they work very very well. I've had them for about 5 years now. They cost about $200 at the time but you might be able to find them cheaper now. Not cordless though

This comment was edited on Jul 14, 17:16.

News Comments > Video Games & Obesity
7. Re: Cause and effect? Jul 1, 2004, 12:00 TheBigVlad

Forget missing meals. Missing sleep is what I am sure we all have experienced

I once stayed up for 3 1/2 days straight playing Diablo II non-stop. Got no rest, and very little food. Did the same thing with Asheron's call (2 days straight). What a terrible waste of man hours.

News Comments > Video Games & Obesity
4. Re: Cause and effect? Jul 1, 2004, 11:33 TheBigVlad

Well of course if you sit on your lazy ass all day playing games/watching tv you're gonna get fat. It's due to lack of exercise. Doesn't mean games are bad. TV is bad though, if only because there's never anything good on

News Comments > Game Movies
1. What?? May 28, 2004, 12:46 TheBigVlad

"The Unreal Tournament Website now features a movie showing off the"

The what??? Come on, the suspense is killing me! Oh well I guess I'll just have to click the link to find out!

News Comments > Unreal Engine Info
3. Re: *drool* May 14, 2004, 12:26 TheBigVlad

Lookin good. Did you all see the shakycam video of the engine in action? I can't remember where to find it but it looked pretty sweet. Makes me curious to see what engine id will come up with after Doom 3, though I'm sure that's a long ways off. I always preffered the Unreal engines though, since they seem more flexible (can handle big outdoor areas very well and so on).

News Comments > Morning Q&As
50. Re: Possibilities... May 13, 2004, 19:07 TheBigVlad

Your money, as always, is your loudest voice. But I'd imagine you'll still all buy the game. Those who have cancelled their order on the basis of id restating that they aren't going to do something they always said they weren't are just stupid.

Yea I can agree with that. I am dissapointed they aren't adding coop but someone will as a mod, as has been said. This isn't news anyway, we've known this for some time as you said. I'll still buy the game I'm sure. id may or may not be Microsoft's bitch, but I know I'm id's bitch.

BUT I still hope Microsoft's XBox/XBox 2 die horrible deaths. They've done too much harm to the PC games industry.

56 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo