Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MacLeod

Real Name MacLeod   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MacLeod
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 23, 2003, 23:29
Total Comments 232 (Novice)
User ID 19484

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Quantum Break PC Plans; Xbox Players Unhappy
12. Re: Quantum Break PC Plans; Xbox Players Unhappy Feb 12, 2016, 11:09 MacLeod

I'm confused. What exactly are people complaining about? The game was originally Xbox One only, then they announced they'll release a PC version (with cross save compatibility no less), and giving it to every preorder for free... What is there to complain about??  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Black Desert Online Name Reservations, Beta Details
4. Re: Black Desert Online Name Reservations, Beta Details Feb 9, 2016, 16:37 MacLeod

Kxmode wrote on Feb 9, 2016, 12:42:
I don't know about the game but the website appears to be a Guild Wars 2 ripoff.

As someone who plays GW2 and goes to their website regularly... I'm baffled at how you think that blackdesertonline.com looks anything like guildwars2.com...

News Comments > H1Z1 Becomes Two Games
4. Re: H1Z1 Becomes Two Games Feb 5, 2016, 17:02 MacLeod

Daybreak Game Company LLC today announced that charging for beta access to an early access Free-to-Play game was clearly a retarded decision. As such, we've decided to split the game into two separate games, neither of which will be free to play now.

The first will be H1Z1: King of the Kill™, the game that takes all the functioning parts of the game we developed and puts them into something we can charge for. Because seriously... we needed to get something out. Like for real. ASAP. To get that console money.

The second will be H1Z1: Just Survive™, which will also be in early access through the end of the year at least. So we can keep taking your money for it. Then we'll just probably quietly let it die, since all the stuff in there didn't really work right anyway. But we'll still have your money so we don't care.

Please feel free to come to our forums and discuss this, because fostering lasting communities is our bedrock. But only say good things. Because our ghengis-khan tactics using*, "us vs. them" mentality douche of a community manager will delete any negative posts no matter how valid they are, and most likely ban you. This can also apply if you complain on other forums.

We look forward to taking your money for broken, unfinished products for years to come. If H1Z1 isn't enough for you, please try our other everlasting beta with a cash shop, Landmark."

Fixed their press release.

* RadarX is hosting a panel at the Game Developer's Conference that talks about toxic behaviour and how to combat it, examining the principles of Ghengis Khan. No... I'm not making that up. Probably the worst community manager in gaming is going to tell other developers how to deal with their communities.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 3, 2016, 10:29 MacLeod

woo hoo! Del Toro can announce 5 new games and 30 movie projects based on said games that will never get off the ground.

News Comments > Try Star Citizen for Free
39. Re: Try Star Citizen for Free Jan 30, 2016, 13:44 MacLeod

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 30, 2016, 12:34:
To those with actual feedback on the state of the game, thanks. How big is the download?

27gb

News Comments > Try Star Citizen for Free
37. Re: Try Star Citizen for Free Jan 30, 2016, 12:14 MacLeod

So I downloaded this to be silly... Admittedly, the graphics are pretty sweet... but just some thoughts. I think on a whole, it was a bad idea to release this free fly thing with the state the game seems to be in.

You just seemingly get thrown into a world with no tutorial or explanation. Found a way to get to a ship, launched, and then flew around in space doing nothing for a while. Is there some sort of "instant action" thing we can use to get to dogfighting? Maybe? But the game doesn't really tell you. Again, I got that this is "alpha", but if your confident enough to release, you should at least have some sort of tutorial mechanics in play to direct where to go.

Then I went to explore the hanger, and proceeded to watch the ship there float off to the side and sink into the ground. No worries though, because when I jumped, the ship itself (which I wasn't in) bounced back up on top of the floor too.

Again, got it. "Alpha". But releasing something like this isn't going to get people into the game when it seems like a clusterfuck.

News Comments > FNaF World Creator Apologizes for Rushed Release
13. Re: FNaF World Creator Apologizes for Rushed Release Jan 25, 2016, 20:53 MacLeod

Cutter wrote on Jan 25, 2016, 20:25:
That's just compensation for releasing a shoddy product to begin with. Christ, you people really think consumers just deserve to be fucked over any which way they can, don't you?

Seriously man... The guy admitted he released too soon. Offers refunds to anyone who bought it. Then says, I fucked it up, I'm just going to release the whole thing for free to everyone... how the fuck is the consumer getting fucked over?

News Comments > FNaF World Creator Apologizes for Rushed Release
4. Re: FNaF World Creator Apologizes for Rushed Release Jan 25, 2016, 13:07 MacLeod

While the FNAF games were never my cup of tea, When watching videos of playthroughs, I thought the gameplay evolved enough in each game (save maybe 1 to 2) to make each one unique enough. The FNAF4 mechanics of relying on audio for the most part was interesting.

This game is not FNAF5, its just an RPG using the characters. Hence, his no FNAF5 comment.

Also, as for the earlier comment about unfinished cash-grab... while I agree that many games in 17 months is pretty damn quick, I've never seen any real outcry that the previous games were "unfinished".

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2016, 09:53 MacLeod

One of the funnier inaccuracies in that Blizzard rant.

Diablo is a copy of Baldur's Gate.

That's pretty impressive... Diablo came out 2 years before BG.

And I'm facinated that he rambles on about time travel without science when 1) Magic has been used to time travel in fantasy literature as well and 2) Warcraft always had a wacky "it's fantasy but we have tech equivilant" thing anyway.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 21, 2016, 22:40 MacLeod

So... stupid question... anyone tell me how I'm supposed to download Witcher 2 on the Xbox One? Because if I search the store, it says bundle only, and then there are no bundles with it.

EDIT: never mind. I ended up going to the marketplace in my browser, getting it there, so that it would show up on my games list. the XB1 interface is bizarre... Don't understand why I can't just buy it from the store there.

This comment was edited on Jan 21, 2016, 22:46.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
8. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 18, 2016, 15:54 MacLeod

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 18, 2016, 11:53:
The key here is that although the page was 'quickly' removed, it still got at least $810 dollars worth of contributions from random idiots.

Ah, the internet. When will you ever stop fleecing suckers?

But yet, Tila Tequila's fundraiser so she could buy furniture for her house is still up. Which is about as f'ing stupid. And yet people have donated over $5000 to her.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 10, 2016, 13:30 MacLeod

The people who actually do speedruns and participate in that community disagree. Glitch-free speedruns are often boring as shit because the ideal no-glitch strategy has been figured out for years if not decades. There's no room to improve on a lot of titles.

They aren't running 3rd party tools or using a fucking Game Genie. If the game lets you glitch around by doing weird shit or having characters named certain things, then it's fair game.

Except they are. They're using Arbitrary Code Execution to insert their own code into the game, which is what is causing the glitching. It's done with the character name field in some way, which is why they're using that specific disk version of the game.

So They're literally hacking the game. Complete cheating. I might as well load a save up where I'm in the last dungeon as the arrow is hitting Gannon and say I managed to "speedrun" it in 2 seconds.

Here's the link to the guy who originally did it:
http://www.twitch.tv/sockfolder/c/6773664

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2016, 13:34 MacLeod

seriously... these speedrun videos are getting completely retarded.
First it was like game glitches/exploits to speed up... now this video, right at the beginning, goes "it uses arbitrary code execution, which lets you access the memory of the game and write your own code in." That's not a fucking "speedrun". That's you literally reprogramming the game to do what you want.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday
4. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday Jan 4, 2016, 16:16 MacLeod

But let's still not tell you when the actual release date is or the price yet. Seems extremely odd to hold back your pricing until the thing goes live.  

28. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2015, 08:59 MacLeod

InBlack wrote on Dec 29, 2015, 07:06:
although none were as bad as (super secret text):

Answers in super secret text as well.

1. How come the First Order is so powerful, vastly more powerful than a ragtag bunch calling themselves "the Resistance" (instead of what? the Rebels?) despite being on the losing side 30 years ago. What the Republic decided it doesn't need a standing army or Fleet? Yeah smart move there...
2. That horribly stupid R2D2 deux ex machina move at the end: Im awake now, here is the map to Skywalker, yeah I had it all along and for no reason decided to wake up right now cos...script!, yeah all of you can all suck my metallic dong asswipes....

1) From what I've read from on wookiepedia, from the books leading up to the movie, it sounds like while the Republic took control over certain parts of the galaxy, the Moffs of certain areas refused to give up, and merged to form the first order. Leia realizing this was a threat, wanted to deal with it, but the republic wanted to remain neutral politically, so they let her create the "resistance" which directly fights the first order, with unofficial support from the republic. (or something to that effect)
2) Yea, the R2 waking up thing was kind of silly. Even JJ Abrams said that was kind of just a plot contrivance to move the story along at that point.

News Comments > The Witcher III Graphics Mod
10. Re: The Witcher III Graphics Mod Dec 25, 2015, 22:32 MacLeod

Is it me, or is that the worst youtube video quality, even at 1080p ever? Everything keeps getting blurry every 5-10 seconds, and I barely even notice a difference, because I can't really compare. (I'm assuming its just the video, since I've let the entire video load and its still doing it.)  

35. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2015, 16:24 MacLeod

Actual box office is in... Star Wars actually made $247 million domestically.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2015, 23:54 MacLeod

Honestly, I'd take everything Tarantino says with a grain of salt. The guy likes to blow his own horn so much, and make it seem like he's in the right on everything. I read the article yesterday that had the quotes from him on Stern...

First he said "Star Wars was supposed to play in the dome for 2 weeks, then my movie was coming out on Christmas." ... That would mean Star Wars was only playing there one week. So already he sounds like he's just exaggerating what actually happened.

Second, he claims he just found out the day before that it wasn't happening. We've known since August at least that Disney booked every IMAX screen in North America for 4 full weeks... and that's when the public heard about it. Considering advanced ticket sales and such, I can't possibly see that their release plan would include pulling the movie from a theater after one week.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 15, 2015, 13:29 MacLeod

Indiegogo... where projects go when they can't actually raise the money they wanted on kickstarter. Just lower your goal to approximately what you raised in kickstarter, then profit cause you get to keep the money even if you don't meet the goal. (because notice, they always take the "flexible funding" option).

Yep... nothing shady as fuck going on there.

"It will cost us $550,000 to create a pitch presentation for a studio."

"Know what, lets cancel that. It will not cost of $250,000 to do what we said earlier would cost almost double. And we'll take your money even if we don't reach that..."

(because that's what the kickstarter/indiegogo campaign is for... not that an actual movie will come out.)

News Comments > Modded Star Wars Battlefront 4K Footage
18. Re: Modded Star Wars Battlefront 4K Footage Dec 11, 2015, 12:08 MacLeod

Everytime I see games with SweetFX shaders on (it's popular in Guild Wars 2), all I see is screwed up visuals with crushed black levels, and saturation pushed past what is normal. Drives me crazy.  

232 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo