Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MacLeod

Real Name MacLeod   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MacLeod
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 23, 2003, 23:29
Total Comments 131 (Novice)
User ID 19484

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > World Wide Funder Refutes STALKER Apocalypse Collusion
24. Re: World Wide Funder Refutes STALKER Apocalypse Collusion Dec 19, 2014, 16:56 MacLeod

nin wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 16:41:
MacLeod wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 16:35:
Also, nin... you see the article on the verge about the 527GB torrent of 25 years of live NIN performances?

Yeah, but my bandwidth cap is 300 gig a month, not to mention space...

Says in the article, you can send the guy a drive and pay for return postage and he'll just copy it for you.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: World Wide Funder Refutes STALKER Apocalypse Collusion Dec 19, 2014, 16:35 MacLeod

nin wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 16:26:
MacLeod wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 16:08:
Funny... they also postponed their AMA they were going to do until noon on Christmas Day.

Oh, I want a front row seat on that one. The last one was a bloodbath.

If you can... I noticed you can't even VIEW comments on the project unless you sign up for the site.

Also, nin... you see the article on the verge about the 527GB torrent of 25 years of live NIN performances?

21. Re: World Wide Funder Refutes STALKER Apocalypse Collusion Dec 19, 2014, 16:34 MacLeod

It's funny that out of all the stuff they scrubbed of the site from that previous reddit link... they didn't remove all the Eugene Kim user accounts that predate the domain even being purchased.

Also looking at other earlier users... the first active user account created on that account is #6 on 8/20.

The account that was originally "Admin" that changed to Nick and had an Areal project at one point is #7 and created 8/20 as well.

The first Eugene account is user #8, and created on 8/26.

then theres the Eugene Kim accounts that start at 18 and have some other ones in the 20s. Again, all dating before the domain was purchased.

Honestly, whoever backs this crap deserves to have their money taken at this point.

17. Re: World Wide Funder Refutes STALKER Apocalypse Collusion Dec 19, 2014, 16:08 MacLeod

Even better... there's a reddit link from 25 days ago where there was apparently even more damning evidence that it was them doing it (an admin account that had a project for areal before the domain was even registered for example.)

It seems most of the links don't work anymore, but it's a pretty interesting read:

Reddit Link

Funny... they also postponed their AMA they were going to do until noon on Christmas Day.

This comment was edited on Dec 19, 2014, 16:17.

9. Re: World Wide Funder Refutes STALKER Apocalypse Collusion Dec 19, 2014, 12:48 MacLeod

yes this statement makes it all seem so legit now!

* someone from your site just happened to know west games.
* the site only came into existence in September
* EVERY other project on the site has crappy, shady info and almost no donations (Except one other campaign which apparently was also removed from Kickstarter)

Yup. Yup. gonna go right there and donate!

Anyone actually sift through the load of crap on the project site and see if they have an explanation of why, after so vehemently claiming the AAA game could be made on $50,000, no ifs ands or buts, they are now asking for over 10x the amount?

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
46. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 14:31 MacLeod

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 12:06:
ForgedReality wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 11:58:
It's 2014.

WHY IN THE FUCK ARE THERE STILL PEOPLE WHO EXIST THAT CANNOT TELL THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE BETWEEN "YOUR" AND "YOU'RE"?! Holy fucking shit. It's not hard.

Or that "You" is a word whilst "u" is a vowel.

Too busy jerking it to how awesome they are after telling someone "QQ NOOB" I imagine.

Don't get me started on the expotential rise of "Loose" being used in place of "lose" for the past 2 years. Ugh.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Dec 4, 2014, 19:46 MacLeod

I wish we could have just had trailers for this movie without the "time changed" reveal. It would have actually been interesting to see the Kyle Reese scenes that were staged like the first movie play out without realizing the timeline changed initially.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Free Content
2. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Free Content Nov 20, 2014, 20:45 MacLeod

Unlike Assassin's Creed, it is not too difficult to turn an Orc Assassin into a female model.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Nov 12, 2014, 12:09 MacLeod

Throw out our monthly story patches like we said we'd have.

Throw out any holiday content that we were working on.

Day before WoW expansion launch - Oh make sure we have content for that.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 7, 2014, 09:41 MacLeod

Bioware Asking "What You'd Like" in a Mass Effect Trilogy Re-Release.

Come on now... that's just asking for comments about the ending again. Tongue

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 4, 2014, 11:59 MacLeod

I don't argue that we don't pay a lot more for internet... but something seems off in this article.

The first section says:
Downloading a high-definition movie takes about seven seconds in Seoul, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Zurich, Bucharest and Paris, and people pay as little as $30 a month for that connection. In Los Angeles, New York and Washington, downloading the same movie takes 1.4 minutes for people with the fastest Internet available, and they pay $300 a month for the privilege

But the chart is for 25 mbps, which is a 2 hour movie in ~13 minutes, and Hong Kong is at $52/month, only 3 dollars below New York. Of the cities that are referenced above that are on the list, only Seoul is below $30, and again, that's for 25 mbps.

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials - Watch Dogs Sells 9M
17. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Watch Dogs Sells 9M Oct 31, 2014, 09:52 MacLeod

I didn't even get very far in the game... I decided I wasn't going to enjoy it when I failed the pursuit mission (really bad driving controls - at least to me) after my nephew's birthday, only to start over and realize my car wasn't there any more. If they can't bother to track where you're leaving your vehicle... it didn't bode well for the rest of the game to me.  

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Oct 31, 2014, 09:46 MacLeod

jdreyer wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 20:58:
Anyone play Vanishing of Ethan Carter? How many hours of game play? I enjoyed Gone Home, and this seems similar, but these games are single play through so gotta factor bang for the buck.

I played it and enjoyed it a lot. The graphics are absolutely breathtaking. That said, the game is pretty short. I took my time through it and found that I still finished it in, I think, two sittings. Maybe 8 hours. Unlike most people, I didn't have an issue with backtracking... I actually uncovered the puzzles in the areas as I found them.

I also felt the ending of the game was telegraphed way too much. I knew it was going to happen pretty much from the get-go. It didn't diminish the rest of the game too much, but it was a bit disappointing that I saw it coming that early.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Lord of the Hunt Announced
5. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Lord of the Hunt Announced Oct 30, 2014, 15:00 MacLeod

Honestly, I'm glad they're doing DLC so I can continue my fun after finishing everything else... but I really wish they wouldn't waste their time with the epic runes. If they're like the last DLC runes, they're so grossly overpowered, that it's pretty much cheating to use them. (take 50% less damage, focus lasts 2x as long, and poison doesn't affect you).

DrSquick:
The last two boss fights are pretty horrible. First amounts to sneaking up to the guy three times, then a quick time event at end. The last fight is 5 quicktime buttons. Other than that, the rest of the game is actually really enjoyable. First game in a while (Wolfenstein: New Order) that was fun enough for me to actually keep playing to unlock everything with.

News Comments > Free & Paid Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC
5. Re: Free & Paid Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC Oct 21, 2014, 21:39 MacLeod

I'm confused about their "test of" DLC... I just noticed that the season pass gives you all of the "tests"... but the game says that the test of power challenge weekend and the test of speed challenge weekend are over. Are you seriously telling me that DLC is only available for a weekend of play? WTF.  

News Comments > Gabriel Knight 20th Anniversary Edition Released
4. Re: Gabriel Knight 20th Anniversary Edition Released Oct 15, 2014, 14:39 MacLeod

It's a shame they had to re-record all the dialog... no Tim Curry, Michael Dorn, Leah Remini or Mark Hamill.

As Gabriel Knight was one of my favorite games, I will certainly be purchasing it however. GK2 is still one of the only "FMV video" adventures I actually enjoyed.

I still remember thinking it was funny in the new Sleepy Hollow show when they referred to the Hessians as a secret society known as the Schattenjägers. Expected Gabriel Knight to show up. :p

News Comments > Game Reviews
18. Re: Game Reviews Oct 15, 2014, 08:16 MacLeod

jdreyer wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 12:36:
Verno wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 10:12:
HorrorScope, did you read it? The text of that review is so over the top I can't take it seriously:

What belies progression is that nothing is what it seems, and if it seems, it will soon unseam. The whole game is riddles wrapped in crimson, jiggly flesh ripe for pink misty explosion. In the first 10-minutes of Mikami’s magnum opus Detective Sebastian Castellanos will find himself as a hunk of meat waiting to be cleaved. He’ll slide into a vat of thick, coagulated blood soup with bobbing chunks of flesh. The walls will bleed and things that should be dead, aren’t. Booby-traps lace your escape routes and you’ll slip and slide on the rotting corpses of those who came before. Light only quickens your heart but fire, fire is your friend. Burn away the enemy; burn away the memories.

Hahaha what the fuck?

Wow, I admit that I laughed while reading that. Obviously someone fancies themselves the next Hunter S. Thompson.

Wow... now you have me reading that whole thing in Johnny Depp's Thompson voice... It is immensely better. lolol.

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Oct 14, 2014, 20:31 MacLeod

"Ocrs Must Die! Unchained Closed Beta Patch 1.6, October 14, 2014."

I HATE that on my scanner. Never works right!! IT MUST DIE!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2014, 13:39 MacLeod

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 10:09:
Any series/show/movie that gets a continuation 20+ years later = absolutely terrible, this is a Universal Constant.

Except there are factors that it could be good. It's a limited run series. Frost and Lynch are writing the episodes. Lynch is directing them.

And let's not forget, in the original series, the Laura Palmer in the Black Lodge tells Cooper she's see him again in 25 years. Which would have been 2016 based on the end of the series. So it actually lines up with perfectly telling the story where it needed to continue from.

(though one wonders how they're going to be able to continue without Frank Silva... the guy who played BOB in the series. That's a big recast.)

News Comments > etc.
67. Re: etc. Oct 3, 2014, 01:21 MacLeod

Jensen wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 00:33:
The very first video on her youtube channel is a quite negative critique of Dollhouse. I would hope that Whedon would have tweeted what he did even if he had seen that video.

It seems like a lot of people are making a leap from "Sarkeesian points out tropes" to "Sarkeesian says that all the developers and players of these games are misogynists"

To be fair... when you're series is "Tropes vs. Women"... that is kind of what you're saying.

If you read my whole post, you'll see my issue with Whedon's tweets aren't that he's supporting the idea of there being an issue in gaming. That's something I agree with. My issue is the comments that basically enforce the idea that anyone who doesn't agree with 100% of Sarkeesian's view is a misogynistic pig with their eyes shut, as opposed to people like me who question the delivery and way her videos are formatted.

And if her negative critique of Dollhouse is an "Against women" one, that's just furthering my point about not taking in the whole context of a work before hammering your point about one thing. But as I haven't seen the Dollhouse video, I don't want to comment too deeply based on assumptions from her other videos.

131 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo