Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MacLeod

Real Name MacLeod   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MacLeod
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 23, 2003, 23:29
Total Comments 100 (Novice)
User ID 19484

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners
53. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 15:11 MacLeod

Shineyguy wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 09:36:
[and got some garbage like Ricochet,

Garbage? It's Tron's Deadly Discs man! That's at least worth the load up once.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
99. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 19:17 MacLeod

NegaDeath wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 11:44:
Creston wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 11:42:
You will. And the 46 million dollar stretch goal is a beach volleyball game between two teams of two pilots, also in your hangar, with Top Gun music blaring.

I call Goose!

Take him... Goose is just dead weight anyway.

What? too soon?

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
25. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 11:32 MacLeod

The question is will I be able to:

1) Have a fancy towel snapping animation where I can snap another pilot's butt with said towel.
2) Will I have a towel flipping animation where I put said towel on my head?

I am shaking my head at this game at this point, but I will say a Towel reward for a goal of "42" is pretty funny.

News Comments > Gauntlet Remake This Summer
2. Re: Gauntlet Remake This Summer Mar 17, 2014, 10:02 MacLeod

I love Gauntlet... I always wanted an actual arcade machine. But I'll explain my problem with actually playing Gauntlet on any home system (including an of the newer 3D ones). Without the balance of using actual money to continue or add health, the game doesn't really work. If I can continue an unlimited amount of times, without having to worry about running out of quarters, the danger of the game is gone. I find that you just start barreling through monsters, where in the arcade you actually take your time and try to avoid being hit.  

News Comments > The 7th Guest 3 Announced
5. Re: The 7th Guest 3 Announced Oct 31, 2013, 16:04 MacLeod

All I can say is....

Damn microscope puzzle.

News Comments > Camelot Unchained Funded
1. Re: Camelot Unchained Funded May 1, 2013, 21:31 MacLeod

I'm curious how when I looked at this this morning, they needed probably about 200k of their 2 million goal, and had approximately 11,000 backers... and somehow in the course of the business day, they gained 300k and nearly 2000 backers. Percentage-wise, I don't think I've seen a Kickstarter hit those numbers at the end of the campaign.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch on PTR; To Include MOBA?
10. Re: World of Warcraft Patch on PTR; To Include MOBA? Jan 3, 2013, 16:20 MacLeod

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 14:37:
First, 2921 days is more than a decade.

Err... 2921 / 365 = ~8 years (even factoring in leap years)

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Infinity Lands... Sep 12, 2012, 15:08 MacLeod

Wow... What's up with that description:

"Infinity Lands is a fashionable cellphone game recently. I am a business man and rarely play games. But its title always gives me something mystical. Several times when I was ready to play it, there was always something delaying me.
Today, I was sent an anonymous mail. When I clicked the link within, the world blurs in front of my eyes.
When I woke up and opened my eyes again, I found myself a new king in the Infinity Lands. A file of stern troops standing before me, I am so excited that I clenched my fist, ‘Now I will lead you and conquer the entire land!’
Of course, I am not alone. My allies are besides me, fighting with me, and exploring with me the Infinity Lands."

News Comments > The Secret World Lead Laid Off
13. Re: The Secret World Lead Laid Off Sep 11, 2012, 12:18 MacLeod

Hellbinder wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 12:01:
this is completely their own fault. You don't advertize a game as "the most amazing FTP game ever made" and how its going to "take over and revolutionize the FTP space" as i saw in many an early interview. Then crap all over your fan base by changing it to a full price game, with a monthly fee and a cash shop and expect to stay in business.

Secret World was NEVER advertised as a F2P game. There was speculation, but that's all it was. In their reports, they specifically mentioned The Secret World separately from the F2P stuff they were developing.

I'm all for going over what they did wrong, but that wasn't one of them.

News Comments > The Secret World Lead Laid Off
4. Re: The Secret World Lead Laid Off Sep 11, 2012, 10:56 MacLeod

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 10:47:
What about the monthly updates?

Last update was that the update that was pushed back until today is actually going to come tomorrow and that the plan is still to have monthly updates, with the next one still coming out at the time it was supposed to before issue 2 got pushed back.

Whether this will actually happen is another story, but time will tell.

News Comments > City of Heroes to End; Paragon Studios Closed
1. Re: City of Heroes to End; Paragon Studios Closed Aug 31, 2012, 15:10 MacLeod

The highlander fan in me must say... "It's Macleod!"

I'm still amazed... it came out of nowhere it seems. Like they just released a power set, they were talking about the development on their new issue and then: Bam! We're closing the studio.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Launches
21. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launches Aug 28, 2012, 11:07 MacLeod

I'm enjoying the game (as I did the beta)... the only thing I can say that concerns me, in regards to looking at the future, is that 95% of the pop-up events aren't going to be doable when the lower level populations taper out a couple years down the road. There won't be enough of a horde of players to take out... say that troll in Queensdale for example. And since the game scales you down to the level of the area you're in, you won't be able to come back and do it for fun at a higher level.

Granted, this isn't a problem they're going to have to deal with for quite a while, but at some point, it will become one.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Head Start Begins
43. Re: Guild Wars 2 Head Start Begins Aug 26, 2012, 09:59 MacLeod

Yifes wrote on Aug 26, 2012, 00:25:
An easy work around is to regroup at one of the capital cities. Any instance you enter as a group from then on should be the same, and you shouldn't have any problems as long as everyone sticks together.

Except that doesn't work either... I know because my wife and I zoned out of the city and we were in different instances. Pretty much the headstart has been worthless for us, because until we can play together, we're not playing.

News Comments > Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles
9. Re: Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles Aug 8, 2012, 13:41 MacLeod

El Pit wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 13:38:
Hmmm... Can I have Adobe Creative Suite for 75% off @ Summer/Winter Sale?

LOL. Seriously.

I'm still on CS3, and have to upgrade to CS6 before the next version, since my copy won't be eligible for CS7 upgrade pricing and I'm stalling because I'm dreading dropping that much money on the software.

News Comments > THQ Results: InSane Cancelled
35. Re: THQ Results: InSane Cancelled Aug 7, 2012, 08:59 MacLeod

Honestly, ignoring the games industry side of it, it doesn't suprise me that a collaboration with Guillermo del Toro got cancelled... that guy announces so many projects that never get to production, I've just started ignoring anything with his name until I see a full trailer.  

News Comments > Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Announced
52. Re: Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Announced Jul 13, 2012, 08:50 MacLeod

Ultima 9... I still have that box somewhere. It was huge. It was the one game I can remember that was so bug-filled at release that the company actually had to manually ship patch CDs to everyone because they couldn't patch it. (along with a free copy of Ultima Online)  

News Comments > Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Announced
29. Re: Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Announced Jul 12, 2012, 14:04 MacLeod

Verno wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 13:13:
"I mean, I'm aware that Battleship Potemkin defined modern cinema, but it's not a great view. You watch it and go, 'it's black and white and a bit crap, I'd rather watch something else.' And that's basically the problem we've been faced with, is how to reimagine and reboot a classic and make it so that there's a new generation that can have an Ultima."

I'm more astounded by the quote right before that...
"It's like when someone tells you to read Chaucer," Barnett commented. "I know it's supposed to be brilliant, but it's incomprehensible!"

Really?! The Creative Director is slagging someone who may be one of the greatest poets of all time. That says a lot to me on their creative department.

News Comments > Silver Age Batman Game Plans?
1. Re: Silver Age Batman Game Plans? Jul 11, 2012, 10:55 MacLeod

Kind of disappointed in this actually... First because it doesn't continue the threads of Arkham City, and secondly, it just seems like a cheap way to bring back the Joker. And will they get Mark Hamill to do the voice again anyway? I remember him saying that Arkham City would be the last time he'd voice the character... though I'm guessing if you throw enough money his way, he'll do it.  

News Comments > The Secret World Content Plans
14. Re: The Secret World Content Plans Jul 11, 2012, 10:21 MacLeod

Asmodai wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 10:02:
Actually deciphering fast morse code is one of the early quests in the very first zone.

There's an app for that. Literally. I grabbed an app for my phone so I didn't have to screenshot the sound waves (the beeping was too fast for me). Held my phone up to the speaker and instant Morse Code translation. lol.

News Comments > The Secret World Content Plans
12. Re: The Secret World Content Plans Jul 11, 2012, 09:56 MacLeod

wtf_man wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 07:28:
Why does this announcement scream to me: "We are Funcom, We launch MMOs with major content gaps and bugs... more content coming... we promise!".

Can't win with some people. People who complain about the monthly subscription fee invariable bitch that they're waiting for F2P because there's not enough content to warrant a monthly fee. Then, the first state of the game post is made, and they reference that they're going to be adding quests every month, new zones, and pretty much showing they are committed to bringing content to the game on a regular basis (which is what everyone kept saying they were waiting for), and they still get insulted.

I'm having fun with the game. Are there frustrating things about it sometimes, yes, but overall the questing is fun and there's enough missions presented in a different fashion than normal MMOs that I'm enjoying it.

Combat is similar to most MMOs, though the skill system does seem to have some depth to it with linked passive and active abilities to trigger effects, but I haven't really started to really delve too deeply into that.

I will say the two things that are bothering me:
1) There are dialog options that aren't quest related on NPCs. Some NPCs have 5 or 6 different dialog options. You have to click each of those options about 4 or 5 times to hear the whole topic. There is no way to advance the line of dialog forward, so you have to sit there waiting for the voiceover to finish. Kind of a killer when trying to listen to the backstory with a limited time to play, or if you're adventuring with someone... say your wife ... who just prefers to watch the quest dialog/cut-scenes.
2)Getting to Blue Mountain was a bit of a WTF moment. It's like someone went happy with the mob paintbrush and dropped way too many enemies in all the areas. Coupled with the mountain ridges, it's a pain in the ass to navigate, and the bug mobs (ak'ab) don't seem to leash correctly, so you'll run halfway across the zone and one will still be following you. But I'll give them one bad designed zone... seems every MMO has it, and hopefully they'll eventually fix the problem.

100 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo