Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MacLeod

Real Name MacLeod   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MacLeod
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 23, 2003, 23:29
Total Comments 161 (Novice)
User ID 19484

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Skyrim Free Weekend
62. Re: Skyrim Free Weekend Apr 25, 2015, 10:06 MacLeod

Yep... if anyone thought this was a good idea that's "good for the mod community", they can piss off when crap like this happens within a day of it going live:

In Game Pop-ups! Yay!

Also, not being able to even view the discussions on a paid mod unless you buy it?? Fuck you Gabe, fuck you Steam.

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2015, 10:40.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Apr 24, 2015, 13:11 MacLeod

I like the part where Chesko says that he specifically checked with Valve, and they said as long as the mod was separate and free, it could be used. Not saying that his comment is necessarily true, but if it is... wow... basically saying "yea, go ahead and steal someone elses work."  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 22, 2015, 09:32 MacLeod

My favorite part of this whole Sony hack thing is watching the hypocrisy of all the media outlets who ranted and raved about how the celebrity pictures hack was an invasion of those people's privacy and such, but then post every juicy tidbit of tawdry information from the private, internal corporate email accounts.

(and for the record, I actually thought both leak details shouldn't have been revealed, as they were private communications.)

News Comments > Alan Wake 2 Prototype Video
2. Re: Alan Wake 2 Prototype Video Apr 20, 2015, 20:51 MacLeod

I actually really loved the first game. I was sad when it underperformed and clearly wasn't going to get a sequel. Its ambiance and story were top notch.

The evolution of the pages changing reality into a puzzle mechanic is a really good idea that I would have enjoyed.

News Comments > WildStar Off AU Shelves; F2P Coming?
20. Re: WildStar Off AU Shelves; F2P Coming? Apr 15, 2015, 20:38 MacLeod

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 19:16:
That's because people are fucking stupid.
They should have made the top end raid gear at 60 on par with the normal raid gear at 70.

Yes, they should have let you go straight into raiding for top gear 70 loot because you have 60 loot. Thereby skipping everything else they added into the game. Then you'd be complaining that there was nothing to do even quicker. This is the perfect example of the "give me my stuff now" mentality that infects modern gaming. Your top gear was top for level 60. It made you significantly better at dealing with content in that level range and raiding those end bosses. Once you passed that you had to actually gear up in the new levels like everyone else to be ready to raid for level 70.

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 19:16:
That's because people are fucking stupid.

Apparently.

News Comments > WildStar Off AU Shelves; F2P Coming?
11. Re: WildStar Off AU Shelves; F2P Coming? Apr 15, 2015, 11:58 MacLeod

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 10:41:
This comes about five days after a massive layoff occurred at NCsoft's Austin location. Almost all of it in game support for, you guessed it, Wildstar and, to a smaller extent, Guild Wars 2.

I actually don't think it affected GW2 at all, as ArenaNet has their own customer support I believe.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2015, 11:14 MacLeod

Blue wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 11:05:
Because according to the hard science of Groundhog Day, the "long" version of winter is six more weeks, so it still should have been spring two weeks ago.

Well, it's not his fault that our feeble human minds are not advanced enough to interpret his full prediction and we just use some generic 6 weeks. :p

(And the prediction was for 6 more weeks of winter... which there were. There just happen to be another 2 after the 6. Should have had him look at his shadow again. lol)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2015, 11:03 MacLeod

What was wrong with Punxsutawney Phil's prediction. He predicted a long winter.

You're not supposed to listen to any other groundhogs. :p

(Full Disclosure: Phil's only been right 39% of the time, so you probably shouldn't listen to him any way. Just got lucky this year.)

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Update Released
5. Re: Half-Life 2: Update Released Mar 27, 2015, 23:35 MacLeod

If it wasn't for the fact I just started playing HL2 again and already up to Ravenholme, I might have tried this. hehe.  

News Comments > Valve's HTC Vive Free for Developers
3. Re: Valve's HTC Vive Free for Developers Mar 27, 2015, 11:39 MacLeod

Frijoles wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 11:36:
Palmer has said the same thing. If Oculus fails and another company succeeds, that's fine. So long as it takes off this time.

Yea, of course he's okay with that now... he sold it to facebook for 2 billion. I can bet he wouldn't be saying that if he was still just an independent kickstarter company funding himself.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 27, 2015, 11:37 MacLeod

I don't know why she bothered to sue. She should have just responded to the review with all the stuff she said to the interviewer, and most people would have probably dismissed the negative review anyway. (Told in advance about the mixed class, that there would be an option sectioned off section for smaller dogs, signed contract for no refund, and tried multiple ways to resolve situation, including credit for another class.)  

News Comments > Valve's HTC Vive Free for Developers
1. Re: Valve's HTC Vive Free for Developers Mar 27, 2015, 11:33 MacLeod

I really think Oculus shot themselves in the foot by taking so long to release. Now you have people like Valve/HTC and Razer releasing in 2015, with still no firm commitment to ship from Oculus.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 27, 2015, 11:14 MacLeod

Really? We're funding now to buy some guy a laptop so he can mod a game? REALLY??  

News Comments > New METAL GEAR SOLID Game Plans
4. Re: New METAL GEAR SOLID Game Plans Mar 20, 2015, 10:00 MacLeod

I haven't been able to play any past the first solid game, which I loved. (Also loved the original NES game)

MGS2 started getting very long-winded, and I quit about halfway through. MGS3 I skipped all together, because of MGS2 and the fact it seemed like it was suffering with "add more stuff!" syndrome with all the extra management stuff you had to contend with. Got MGS4 when it came out, and couldn't make it past the beginning sequences. (Not too hard, just tedious with random cut scenes and such.)

News Comments > Atari and Llamasoft Spar Over Tempest Game
2. Re: Atari and Llamasoft Spar Over Tempest Game Mar 19, 2015, 11:20 MacLeod

Honestly... what did he think was going to happen? Tempest is their property, even if he programmed the T2000 version for them. TxK is literally Tempest. Not even any effort to try and disguise it. Everything looks exactly the same. I mean, even your name TxK is T2K with an "x" for the number.

News Comments > BAFTA Winners
6. Re: BAFTA Winners Mar 13, 2015, 12:12 MacLeod

siapnar wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 10:03:
Vanishing of Ethan Carter is in a genre all it's own. Not many games like it.

I thought visually, Vanishing of Ethan Carter was amazing. But gameplay and story were a bit lacking overall. You could see the plot twist coming from pretty much the beginning of the story, and its just a click the glowy items to progress the story... there's very little actual puzzle solving. I think the only real part of it that really came through as a "puzzle" was the house with the spell on it that made it bigger inside than out.

I still enjoyed it mind you, but the story and gameplay definitely brought the title down a lot.

Monument Valley was a game that I thought started out well, with thought to some of the solutions, then about halfway thought turned into a "this is obviously what you have to do with no other real options to even get wrong" type game. Again, still enjoyable, but lost something halfway through.

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 8, 2015, 21:35 MacLeod

nin wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 11:49:
Good start, but it needs more to do. Also, hitting its goal seems questionable, at this point.

Yea... kind of odd, you're going to basically make sci-fi Oregon Trail, but then make the "hunting" part of it a stretch goal.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Announced
16. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Announced Mar 4, 2015, 16:42 MacLeod

Hmmm... this is a bit odd to me.

W:TNO was a sequel to "Wolfenstein", which in turn was a sequel to "Return to Castle Wolfenstein".

The description of the two parts of this game almost sound like the plot to RtCW. But I think they're messing their timeline up.

W:TNO starts in July 1946. It's supposed to be 3 years after the events in Wolfenstein. RtCW starts in 1943, and Wolfenstein was supposed to be 1944, so they were already a little off on their timetable... but now we're shifting those events from 3 years prior to 4 months?

Seems odd that after going out of your way to incorporate stuff that happened and characters from the other games, you'd throw out the continuity.

News Comments > Source Engine 2 Announced
52. Re: Source Engine 2 Announced Mar 4, 2015, 10:02 MacLeod

InBlack wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 09:40:
I lost interest in HL when they went episodic. I got the Orange Box for TF2 (when it used to NOT be free) and for kicks installed episode 1 and 2 just to check them out. Lost interest about half way through...

Well, considering that Valve apparently lost interest 66% of the way through on Episodes (Episode 3 never came out), you weren't that far behind them.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
33. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 16, 2015, 16:47 MacLeod

Trevellian wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 11:37:
MacLeod wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 11:29:
It's like that time a friend and I got invited to a test screening of a movie. It was free, so we were like "Cool. let's go." Then I realized... "Wait... isn't this movie coming out Tomorrow??" It was. They were literally getting a test audience reaction the day before the release date. That movie? "Phantoms".

Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms.

You can't possibly understand how much funnier that line was given our experience with that test screening.

161 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo