Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MacLeod

Real Name MacLeod   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MacLeod
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 23, 2003, 23:29
Total Comments 178 (Novice)
User ID 19484

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Resident Evil 2 HD Hints
3. Re: Resident Evil 2 HD Hints Aug 2, 2015, 18:51 MacLeod

It seems like this would be a lot more work than the RE HD version, which had the Gamecube version to work from. Pretty sure RE2 was just released in basically it's original format with no remaster version on anything previously.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 30, 2015, 20:12 MacLeod

The thing that annoyed me about AT&T rate throttling, is that their throttling was so bad, it basically made it impossible to use the internet, so the "Unlimited" is kind of BS. You can say "well, the customer can still use it, we didn't turn them off." but when you're throttling down to .14Mbps (actual speed on my speedtest when I was throttled), it pretty much prevents any page from loading in a reasonable amount of time... it's not like we have low-data WAP versions of the sites like we used to.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jul 25, 2015, 19:37 MacLeod

Another day, another Del Toro project that will evaporate into the ether like 95% of his projects. (Speaking about all projects including movies, not just gaming.)  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2015, 11:02 MacLeod

WOODHOUSE! NOOOOOOO!  

News Comments > Tabletop Simulator & Superfight DLC Released
4. Re: Tabletop Simulator & Superfight DLC Released Jun 7, 2015, 11:10 MacLeod

I just watched a 20 minute tutorial video for the Tabletop Simulator software, and I have to admit, it is tempting to buy to get a game running with some old friends that are no longer local.

I will say, this type of software is probably the one of the few cases I wish there was paid addons in the workshop. Going through them, there are a lot of games already built... Warhammer Quest, Warhammer 40k, Settlers of Catan, Arkham Horror to name a few... but I can't help but feeling that downloading them would be stealing from the company who made the game, since people are literally scanning their work and reproducing it to play without purchasing the game. If there were paid addons, the companies could actually sell their games for this and have official support. I can see, especially now that it's "officially" released a lot of game companies getting these addons pulled. Especially Games Workshop, who have always been sharks when it comes to attacking anything that even seemingly threatens their trademarks.

News Comments > Skyforge Video
8. Re: Skyforge Video Jun 6, 2015, 07:31 MacLeod

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 6, 2015, 05:29:
It seemed pretty obvious to me where they switched from standard gameplay animations to something specifically orchestrated for this video (or maybe an in-game cutscene, whatever). The dead giveaway is the guy backing up against the rock.

Though that did make me think that creating an animation if the walking backwards key is pressed and you come up against a solid object would be cool. hehe.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
5. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 31, 2015, 02:12 MacLeod

Silicon Avatar wrote on May 30, 2015, 20:55:
I'd back a Kojima / Del Toro survival horror on KS.

I wouldn't.

Sorry... but since the first Solid, with the exception of three, which I've heard was good, but I still couldn't get into, the Metal Gear games have been long-winded crap. Crap I've tried to love, but haven't been able to. Kojima has been coasting by on his name for a LONG time now.

As for Del Toro. I think he's probably the most over rated hack director in a long time. Other than the Hellboy films, which were okay as mindless fun movies, I don't think I've actually enjoyed any of his movies. Even his most critically acclaimed movies, The Devil's Backbone and Pan's Labyrinth left me with a "Meh" feeling when done. Not to mention the guy can't settle on a single project ever. If you ever look at his production slate, the guy has like 30 projects going at once, and 99% of them don't ever get off the ground. So I definitely wouldn't be giving him money to do something before it was completed.

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews May 16, 2015, 20:17 MacLeod

NKD wrote on May 16, 2015, 19:24:
Yeah. 64-bit KSP was not updated to 1.0. It never worked properly in Windows, particularly when modded. A fresh install of 1.0 will only have a 32-bit executable. The 64-bit Windows version of the engine they use (Unity) is notoriously shit and they can't do anything about it until Unity releases a version that isn't ass.

But the 32-bit version is absolutely fine unless you're installing tons of huge texture packs.

Ah. Good to know. Maybe I'll go back to it at some point. But the second tutorial level not working correctly still left a bad taste in my mouth.

2. Re: Game Reviews May 16, 2015, 15:29 MacLeod

purchased Kerbal the other day... went through the first tutorial okay. Got to the second tutorial (launch), and when I got to orbit, it told me to bring my map up to plot a path or some such. My map is completely blank except for starfield. Apparently this is a known bug. Then I read, while looking that up, that if I wanted to play the campaign, I'd have to run the 32-bit version, because it doesn't work in the 64-bit executable. Quit the game and never went back.  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. May 8, 2015, 21:09 MacLeod

Fion wrote on May 8, 2015, 13:26:
Anet does a good job keeping out cheaters, botters and gold sellers. You see someone selling gold in chat and report it, an Arenanet employee is there within seconds to ban their account. They've all but removed gold spam from the game.

LOLOLOLOL

Yea... Okay.

That's why I've gotten spammed for about 2 hours by the same gold seller. Or why people have been reporting the same cheaters in WvW for months without them getting banned. Come on man...

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
8. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood May 5, 2015, 22:16 MacLeod

Man... It's weird. I played the crap out of The New Order, but yet, I'm having trouble with this one on the first section after you escape capture and you have to get past all the super soldiers connected to the power lines.

This comment was edited on May 5, 2015, 22:25.

1. Re: Game Reviews May 3, 2015, 09:25 MacLeod

Kitty Powers' Matchmaker... Christ Centered Gamer... That's an odd one.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Preloads
5. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Preloads May 2, 2015, 20:08 MacLeod

DangerDog wrote on May 2, 2015, 19:17:
that would ruffle feathers for sure, they don't even use the swastika in these games anymore.

That's actually inaccurate. Unless you're in a region (like Germany) that prevents it, New Order did have Nazi references along with Swastikas on their armbands, vehicles and buildings.

Oddly, the character model viewer in the game however only showed the geolocked censored version of the models.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup May 1, 2015, 20:31 MacLeod

Honestly don't really see this one working.

Not to mention only one USB port makes it worthless if you can't have both your mouse and keyboard on the anti-cheat pipeline.

And built on open-source platform to make it easier to figure out how to circumvent.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer
9. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer Apr 27, 2015, 20:23 MacLeod

nin wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 14:52:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 14:49:
nin wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 14:18:
siapnar wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 13:43:
Still not huge on tanks in a Batman game, though :p

Yeah, I'm not wild about that, either. Hopefully it's a smaller part.

IIRC there's a tank in the trailer for the new Batman v Superman movie?

I would expect that, as they're borrowing from TDKR...

Rubber bullets... Honest.

News Comments > Kerbal Space Program Version 1.0 Launches
5. Re: Kerbal Space Program Version 1.0 Launches Apr 27, 2015, 20:21 MacLeod

ViRGE wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 20:05:
Today: Kerbal Space Program Version 1.0 Launches

Tomorrow: Kerbal Space Program Version 1.0 Crashes Due To Lack Of Thrust to Reach Escape Velocity

hmmm... I think you managed to win this comment thread.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 27, 2015, 11:27 MacLeod

nin wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 09:28:
Way to fuck it up, konami!!!! Kill those golden geese...

While I know it really doesn't have anything to do with him, I blame Guillermo Del Toro. That guy says he's doing so many projects all the time, and 95% of them don't get made. :p

News Comments > Skyrim Free Weekend
62. Re: Skyrim Free Weekend Apr 25, 2015, 10:06 MacLeod

Yep... if anyone thought this was a good idea that's "good for the mod community", they can piss off when crap like this happens within a day of it going live:

In Game Pop-ups! Yay!

Also, not being able to even view the discussions on a paid mod unless you buy it?? Fuck you Gabe, fuck you Steam.

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2015, 10:40.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Apr 24, 2015, 13:11 MacLeod

I like the part where Chesko says that he specifically checked with Valve, and they said as long as the mod was separate and free, it could be used. Not saying that his comment is necessarily true, but if it is... wow... basically saying "yea, go ahead and steal someone elses work."  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 22, 2015, 09:32 MacLeod

My favorite part of this whole Sony hack thing is watching the hypocrisy of all the media outlets who ranted and raved about how the celebrity pictures hack was an invasion of those people's privacy and such, but then post every juicy tidbit of tawdry information from the private, internal corporate email accounts.

(and for the record, I actually thought both leak details shouldn't have been revealed, as they were private communications.)

178 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo