Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for FloorPie

Real Name FloorPie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description junk and like..stuff
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 22, 2003, 08:32
Total Comments 203 (Novice)
User ID 19464

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Takedown: Red Sabre
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Takedown: Red Sabre Sep 21, 2013, 17:28 FloorPie

Hmm, the steam forums are not a bastion of positivity. AI problems and networking issues apparently.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
67. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 19:24 FloorPie

Verno wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 11:11:
Their mistake was giving it any credence or attention in the first place IMO. All of the stupid shit they did afterward was just giving those people a major vehicle for their complaints, whether its in PAs "style" or not.

The lesson I've learned over the last ten years or so on issues like this is never apologize.

This is just the new cause of the week for the "causeheads".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOD1L5xXdvI

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Launches
17. Re: MechWarrior Online Launches Sep 18, 2013, 16:24 FloorPie

They need to make something like Battletech 3025 again. Pick a side to fight for and each battle has game world consequences. I think I played the beta for it for almost a year before they finally cancelled the game.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $19M - $21M Goal Revealed
33. Re: Star Citizen Hits $19M - $21M Goal Revealed Sep 17, 2013, 15:35 FloorPie

SlimRam wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 10:36:
well, when the new stretch goal is to become Space Station janitor, I'm all in. I figure I might as well excel at something I'm good at , & I can plunge a toilet like no other.

hey, a guy can dream!

Roger, Wilco. They call him, that.

http://www.gog.com/game/space_quest_1_2_3

News Comments > Valve Remains Bullish on Linux
5. Re: Valve Remains Bullish on Linux Sep 16, 2013, 20:35 FloorPie

Call me when Valve can patch their old games without knocking it out completely just for some linux beta.

HL:Source tried to patch itself this weekend and just froze on the download. Restarts or deleting the game did nothing. Steam just says there are no servers available etc. etc..

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 16, 2013, 03:55 FloorPie

Yosemite Sam wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 13:57:
Can't imagine how no Activision games made the list after their huge weekend sale... LOL.

Its a complete mystery I tell ya.

News Comments > Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be "Complicated" (By Activision?)
31. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 6, 2013, 15:11 FloorPie

Malachii wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 10:55:
Disagree.
I still like the auction house. Especially for alt leveling. It's great to be able to snag a lv60 weapon/armor with a reduced lv requirement of 14 to help with the last levels.

I know most older timers hated the auction house, but don't use it. Pretty simple. And no, I do not believe drops were "tuned" for AH.(prove me wrong.. PROOF , not conjecture or twisting words) We can get into the specifics of the item system being busted, but we've done that a million times already. Point is, the chances of an item dropping that beats what you have by the time you are para 100 is probably worse than lottery odds...So the AH fills this void nicely as well.
D2 players would buy/sell/trade all the time at this point, still not sure why the disdain? cause of the RMAH? If it was just gold would you all be LESS butthurt?

To clarify, I am done with D3 at this point in time having sucked a ton of time out of it but eagerly await the expansion next year. Will I pick up on console? Nah. Been there done that.

Proof? Seriously? It became obvious once you got past level 15-20 that you would have to end up on the AH unless you really did want a ironman loot type challenge as there was rarely good gear drops, unless you got something for an alt.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Total War: ROME II
26. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Total War: ROME II Sep 3, 2013, 19:19 FloorPie

Bah no demo. I need a demo for these types of games.  

News Comments > Diablo III 2.0 Details
28. Re: Diablo III 2.0 Details Aug 29, 2013, 19:07 FloorPie

PropheT wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 18:54:
My problem with the game was never the game systems, it was the context you do it in. The story and everything you interact with is bad enough that I don't care why I'm playing, so I never got invested in it and was bored. My first playthrough was fun because we did it 4-player co-op right on through, but nobody wanted to play it again after that.

I don't think that's even something that can really be fixed with an expansion, not that it seems like they even recognize it as being a problem in the first place.

It is definately a factor. I think for many it is just not a big one compared to loot, drm, RMAH/GAH etc.. I didn't pay to much attention to the storyline other than, "this seems pretty lame". I liked the game's atmosphere/overall look. For me TL2 has the far better loot/skill system but the world design just turned me off most of the time.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced
53. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Aug 21, 2013, 15:40 FloorPie

My worst buy and biggest regret of 2012.

Can't say more than whats already been said. I made the mistake of reading a few supporter comments on sites that carried this news. The blind love is always amazing. You're peeing in their cornflakes just pointing out the obvious. Error 37 never happened apparently.

As always, the D3 story in 3 minutes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcJ_XT3oWtY

Curse your butterfly magics!

News Comments > Diablo Tease
9. Re: Diablo Tease Aug 14, 2013, 13:46 FloorPie

Bah, there is more variety in wow's simplified talent/skill trees (since cata/mop) than D3.

As always, D3 in 3 minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcJ_XT3oWtY

"I have succumbed to your vile butterfly magics"

News Comments > WoW Plans Microtransaction-fuelled XP Boosts?
17. Re: WoW Plans Microtransaction-fuelled XP Boosts? Jul 5, 2013, 15:56 FloorPie

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 5, 2013, 15:15:
kamodius wrote on Jul 5, 2013, 14:27:

Sure.. if unending grinds for resist gear and soul-wrenchingly tedious attunement quests (over and over and over for new members) and having 15 useless people out of 40 were your idea of fun.

Sure. How're those rose-colored glasses fitting?

/backs away slowly
Farming resist gear war hard? I guess you didn't have any good guild alliances didja? And if anything, the attunement quests were useful for ensuring that those "15 people" weren't useless.

So...I guess that would be a guild problem wouldn't it? We had an exceptionally low overturn rate, because we had a main raiding section and a backup section for those who couldn't raid full time. Worked out well.

Worked out well, until your guild imploded over drama or enough people quit. After awhle Kara attunments and SSC stuff turned me off off raiding. They brought back the attunement requirement for the TOES raid this xpac. It was old school blizz, because the required kill of the bug queen in Heart of Fear, which is the worst instance of the xpac so far. So bad that the Garalon fight is repeatedly beaten by a bug (pun intended) instead of fought normally and Blizz has done nothing about it. Its funny because new folks to HoF have balked at trying it for fear of being banned. These days no one bothers because of LFR and enough people can get into TOES who want to.

Your guild example from what I saw in game was rare. My guild has survived six years by being casual with some serious raiders off and on. Yet, the main reason it has survived has been the leadership and overall quality of the members who wanted to make things work.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
49. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2013, 21:08 FloorPie

Beamer wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 19:16:
FloorPie wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 18:22:
NegaDeath wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 16:18:
Cutter wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 16:00:
Society needs it cultural norms and traditions. We're tribalistic creatures and to move from one tribe to another means some sacrifice. With people like you shitting on tradition it's no wonder most kids grow up fatherless and problems for society.

And if having a hyphenated name is a tradition in her family?

Then she's likely from high class/nobility (they're the ones who usually hyphenated in the past for political/business reasons) and probably even more of a stuck up bitch than your standard whiny feminist.

Look, a woman who won't take my name, is not worthy of marriage to me, especially not in our current legal environment. If some folks are ok with it, thats fine with me, its not my marriage. I've seen it work just fine for some marriages, usually "blended" family situations and in DINK situations its usually a harbinger of eventual divorce and financial ruin for one or both parties.

So, personally I won't marry a woman who refuses to take my name, at least legally. Otherwise, what is the point of the marriage contract? Its already watered down to nothing due to divorce laws. Will my kids have my name or some hypenated wannabe nobility nonsense?

This is a giant bucket of "waaaah." A marriage has no point unless she takes your name. Jesus. So the entire purpose of a marriage is to put your last name on some "stuck up bitch?"

You're a classy man. I'm sure they were fighting for someone with your progressive views.

No, the entire point is to create a family. Unity might be a good thing there. A woman who won't take a man's name is signaling that she quite possibly will put her career first over him and their (if any) kids. Its like marrying a guy you know can't keep his dick in his pants and then actually expecting him to be faithful once he says "I do".

Tell me, what does a man get from marrying a woman these days? The state sees to it that she's going to be financially compensated should the contract fail (most of the time), what does the guy get out of it? His kids are legit? That hardly matters anymore among "progressives". Why bother with the whole ceremony? Just shack up? Of course this doesn't benefit the state much, so many governments are going back to common law marriage type setups. Sire a kid and live with the mother for a year? You're married even if you didn't get the state approved license. All legal requirements are in effect regarding divorce laws and child support.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
44. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2013, 18:22 FloorPie

NegaDeath wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 16:18:
Cutter wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 16:00:
Society needs it cultural norms and traditions. We're tribalistic creatures and to move from one tribe to another means some sacrifice. With people like you shitting on tradition it's no wonder most kids grow up fatherless and problems for society.

And if having a hyphenated name is a tradition in her family?

Then she's likely from high class/nobility (they're the ones who usually hyphenated in the past for political/business reasons) and probably even more of a stuck up bitch than your standard whiny feminist.

Look, a woman who won't take my name, is not worthy of marriage to me, especially not in our current legal environment. If some folks are ok with it, thats fine with me, its not my marriage. I've seen it work just fine for some marriages, usually "blended" family situations and in DINK situations its usually a harbinger of eventual divorce and financial ruin for one or both parties.

So, personally I won't marry a woman who refuses to take my name, at least legally. Otherwise, what is the point of the marriage contract? Its already watered down to nothing due to divorce laws. Will my kids have my name or some hypenated wannabe nobility nonsense?

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 2013, 18:28.

News Comments > Game Demos vs. Sales, Part Two
17. Re: Game Demos vs. Sales, Part Two Jun 28, 2013, 16:20 FloorPie

jdreyer wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 13:51:
Do people even play demos anymore? I used to always play them, but haven't in 10 years. A trusted review/Blue's comments are what I use now to assess a game.

Yes, through steam or otherwise. If I had my 360 online or played games on the wii I'd probably try demos there too.

I tried the crusader kings 2 demo via steam when I saw it on sale awhile back. Nice game but not for me.

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Global Launch Begins
34. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Global Launch Begins Jun 26, 2013, 00:40 FloorPie

While I've had little experience with CoH1, I wasn't that impressed by the open beta. It ran fairly well on my machine (Radeon 5850 vid card, AMD quad 3.2ghz, 16gb ram) but it didn't strike me as worth $60.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
42. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 12, 2013, 21:24 FloorPie

Creston wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 16:14:
Also, anyone who believes that Microsoft, EA and their ilk will start marking down prices a la Steam within 6 weeks of a title going on sale is sadly, sadly mistaken.

"Creating value" in Microsoft's eyes means "keep the $60 retail price on a title for 5 years."

Creston

Yeah, thats the thing that gets me the most about the anti-used games folks. Anything is possible, but I don't see the console market going the way of steam anytime soon.

TotalBiscuit, 28 mins of him whinging about used games and the evilness of stores like Gamestop:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G_f8YBy39M

Long story short, he's got mostly an emotional argument for the devs deserving more money than eeeebil gamestop. Yet why does gamestop et. al. do so well in used game market? Because the customers want to trade in games for new ones. Anyone know what the margins are for retailers of console games?

I don't play console games much. My Wii is used for netflix as I like the UI best, the 360 is practically unused, most games being bought new but on sale. Most folks I've talked to in my WoW gaming group that still play consoles say they buy new or on sale and trade away games they've played. That and they want to be able to bring their game over to a friends house to play together.

Also, I just got a note the other day on the Wii from Nintendo. They're shutting down the weather, news "channels", and some others at the end of the month on the Wii. How long will MS keep the XB-One's services active when the next gen hits?

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $10MM in Funding
17. Re: Star Citizen Passes $10MM in Funding Jun 11, 2013, 14:41 FloorPie

My vibe at the time of the kickstarter was, "Looks good in theory, I'll buy it when I see a demo/real reviews of players".

If he'd been able to buy the freespace IP and used that storyline, I might be more optimistic and interested. Time will tell.

News Comments > Stronghold Crusader 2 Announced
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2013, 16:29 FloorPie

Eh Stronghold 2 wasn't that bad but definately a beauty over brains deal. I don't think I've ever played the Crusader variants. I suppose someday I should install them all again since I have the collection DVD they put out awhile back. Definately worth the $10-15. All the bad reviews of #3 kept me from buying it, even on steam sales. Maybe once its sub $5.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Trailers
6. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Trailers May 22, 2013, 00:31 FloorPie

Dude. Fish AI is small time. Lean. All new lean tech!  

203 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo