Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for FloorPie

Real Name FloorPie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description junk and like..stuff
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 22, 2003, 08:32
Total Comments 211 (Novice)
User ID 19464

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion New Frontiers Edition
6. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion New Frontiers Edition Jul 25, 2014, 13:07 FloorPie

Rebellion is worth it for the Star Trek Armada 3 mod alone and there is a decent Star Wars one (Galactic War I think?). Just get it on a steam sale.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer
5. Re: Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer Jul 4, 2014, 13:21 FloorPie

Wow. $130. Well, at least you get a "Statue of Pagan Min".

Wake me when its on a steam sale for sub $20.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Trailer; Screenshots
7. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Trailer; Screenshots Jun 9, 2014, 14:27 FloorPie

"PC, MAC and Linux" Good news.

The orbital layer stuff aka space battles could be interesting.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed
70. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 29, 2014, 13:46 FloorPie

Wake me up when Chris Roberts assaults a coke machine and brags about owning a bmw.  

News Comments > Op Ed
40. Re: Op Ed May 22, 2014, 17:25 FloorPie

Beamer wrote on May 22, 2014, 13:23:
I'm going to bow out, as no one really cares what I have to say, I'll just continue to point out how weird I find it that people get so defensive when an improvement is brought up that involves something not exactly what they are.

Just ask yourselves if something is an improvement. You don't need to be defensive. Just ask yourself if things can be improved. If yes, why do you get so angry when people suggest these improvements?

You find it weird that people get defensive when in our modern western culture its become the norm to toss out the race card or victim card for every real or perceived slight? Where a president that has been elected twice still says that people don't like him mostly because of his skin tone? Bavarian please.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer
11. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer May 22, 2014, 03:17 FloorPie

Cutter wrote on May 21, 2014, 20:47:
Rocksteady + Kevin Conroy = Hells yeah! If they could get the Hamster to return for a guest spot I'd go berserk!

Ditto. Its just not Batman without Kevin Conroy's voice.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Specs
22. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Specs May 2, 2014, 13:24 FloorPie

deqer wrote on May 2, 2014, 09:49:
4GB of ram? wtf? Windows 7 can't even run properly with only 4GB of ram. It becomes sluggish quite quickly after you install everything like updates, drivers, software, and more.

I think you mean 2GB. That or what the heck are you running in the background all the time?

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $43 Million
51. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million Apr 29, 2014, 16:11 FloorPie

Task wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 13:58:
Will this thread approach critical mass?

I'm waiting for the milestone that offers free hookers and blow... in game at least.

"New stretch goal! Wanna be a space pimp? Go from being mild mannered Roger Wilco, space janitor to Star Citizen Space Pimp. Custom Pimp-mobile available for $150. Pussy Wagon is $250. Buy now!"

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 10, 2014, 15:43 FloorPie

Its the same with their browser only they're making it more like Chrome.  

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor Alpha Testing
3. Re: Warlords of Draenor Alpha Testing Apr 4, 2014, 17:06 FloorPie

Brazor wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 13:54:
Perhaps they're using Vanilla's life span as the standard for slow.

Hah, quite possible.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance
11. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Apr 3, 2014, 15:36 FloorPie

While I'm not a huge fan of WH40k, this is just sad.

Totalbiscuit's amusing take on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGXsOorkgpg

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans
52. Re: Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans Apr 1, 2014, 08:02 FloorPie

At $43million he'll hire Derek Smart to do the ground combat module.  

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2: The Western Front Armies Announced
5. Re: Company of Heroes 2: The Western Front Armies Announced Mar 29, 2014, 21:24 FloorPie

Interesting. I'll bite when the whole western armies bit is less than the $13 I paid for the full game six months after release via steam sale.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll
29. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 26, 2014, 18:14 FloorPie

I want a pony, a my little space pony. Please Chairman Roberts, please.  

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling
27. Re: Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling Feb 26, 2014, 07:55 FloorPie

briktal wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 00:24:
Blackhawk wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 23:51:
For some people, yes. 1-90 is the point and the pleasure of the game. It is for me. For others, though, it is the end-game. They want the level 90 character for raiding, for heroics, for PvP.

As to 'pay to win', forget it. Someone who levels from 1 to 90 will have a huge advantage over someone who starts at 90 and has to learn dozens of skills and abilities, their interactions and rare utility from scratch.

1) Leveling isn't so bad the first time. It's not so fun the 4th or 10th time through the same content.

2) You don't use most of your abilities while leveling, you'll rarely fight a single target for more than 10-15 seconds to even get a chance to use the best rotation, and even when you do you'll probably be missing a core ability in that rotation until level 80+.

Heh, I learned awhile back they don't even give druids their mark of the wild buff until level 50-60 now.

The grind isn't so bad these days due to XP boosting gear that is account bound and can be sent across servers now too. That said, its not that much fun to me anymore unless I want just mindless grind action/distraction game time (aka diablo like).

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Requires 64-Bit OS
4. Re: Titanfall Beta Requires 64-Bit OS Feb 4, 2014, 20:00 FloorPie

Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 19:55:
ChaosEngine wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 19:09:
To the surprise of absolutely no-one...

I just wish the physical copies would start coming on blue-rays.

Bah, they should be on SD cards/flash drives. I'd also say most PC gamers let alone users don't have a blu ray drive. I've only just now been tempted to get one for my main PC since they're under $100.

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Jan 21, 2014, 18:03 FloorPie

"In other words, this is the last two weeks to get the game at 50% off (ending January 28). If you want to wait until launch on Steam, you can get it for 25% off if you buy it during the first week (ending February 4). Otherwise, the game will be full price at $16 forever after that.

Anyone feel burned by that plan?"

I wish him well in his crazy experiment. Its like the old line from real estate, "buy now or be priced out forever!"

Gamers haven't been screwed over by all the game sales unless they're dumb enough to buy games they don't play and regret it (guilty as charged there). Gamers have been screwed over by DRM schemes, half baked games, day one DLC and yearly retread cash in games like CoD, Madden NFL/NBA etc..

News Comments > On Sale
25. Re: On Sale Jan 2, 2014, 04:47 FloorPie

Suppa7 wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 23:15:

Sadly that is what is going to keep it sucking. The whole planet smashing bit turned out to be complicated and it's obvious that the game looks nothing like their pitch video. It looks like a more toony supcom.

I don't trust the team behind PA unfortunately to do anything new with the RTS genre, they don't understand where RTS games are lacking currently.

Not great news there. It does look cartoony. I've been very tempted to pick it up, the sale price doesn't help but I held off to wait for finished product/reviews. I did pick up SC2 yesterday though for $6 or so. It seems far better than SC1 though I really only played it and FA earlier this year after letting SC1 sit in a box for years unopened.

News Comments > NSA's Game Spying
123. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 9, 2013, 16:12 FloorPie

This is news? There have been reports of this for years with the "gov" spying on WoW "Terrorists" (gold farmers?). Probably listening in to all the sexting going on in the Ironforge tramways.

9/11 is almost irrelevent in terms of conspiracy theories at this point. There is plenty of in your face evidence out there to not trust any government agency.

News Comments > Windows/Xbox Convergence Coming?
96. Re: Windows/Xbox Convergence Coming? Dec 6, 2013, 16:10 FloorPie

Win8 is the Metro OS. If they'd called it Metro OS instead of Windows8, they could maybe get away with their arrogant, "like it or leave it" attitude. Well, I finally forked over the $500 for a mac mini to play around with OSX two months ago. Might as well go with the walled garden experts if thats the future. We'll see what happens with windows "9" etc. but I'm not enthusiastic and I'm trying to make time to learn more of various linux OS's (several of which are quite ready for prime time compared to win8).

My first experience with win8 embarrassed me because I had to figure out what went wrong with my sisters new laptop last Christmas. I foolishly also tried to make sure her AV was updated and any other potention security risks. Long story short, Metro had me have to sit down at the kitchen table with a mouse plugged in and 30 minutes later I gave up. It took me five to figure out how to get out of the metro screen, find the control panel etc.. She eventually did a system restore and got IE back to normal. For some reason it stopped using java properly. Chrome would work fine... but not IE. I couldn't even get McAfee to update properly (or figure out how to easily uninstall it). Metro was made for effing touchscreens, without it they are a PITA.

I did finally buy a cheap laptop with win8 on it to mess with the damn thing and try 8.1. I've not been real motivated though.

211 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo