Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CreamyBlood

Real Name CreamyBlood   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CreamyBlood
Email killjoy999@hotmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description Old, beer drinking gamer. I think my first game was the ASCII version of Star Trek on an IBM mainframe at my Dad's work. Second was probably Pong that he built out of parts from an 'Electronics Today' magazine on a black and white TV....
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 18, 2003, 04:15
Total Comments 1211 (Pro)
User ID 19418

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Tabula Rasa Collector's Edition Announced
22. Re: No subject Aug 20, 2007, 23:03 CreamyBlood

'Geared out the rear by a sugar daddy'. Makes sense now. It's bizarre how fast the English language evolves. I wonder how many sixteen year olds are using this term in the context of the game and don't realize what it means?

Regardless, it gave me an unexpected chuckle.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tabula Rasa Collector's Edition Announced
20. Re: No subject Aug 20, 2007, 20:39 CreamyBlood

I've never played WoW but:

Sounds like I might have to keep working on twinks in WoW once I'm really bored.

everyone and their dog has a twink Warlock

I hope it means something else in WoW but I always thought that 'twinks' were young gay men. You're statements just made me laugh beer all over my monitor.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Convert or Die Aug 8, 2007, 23:52 CreamyBlood

That sounds like a cool game. Except I want to play an Atheist and slowly twists the intestines out of fundamentalist Christians.

News Comments > id Games Get Steamy
62. Re: No subject Aug 6, 2007, 22:45 CreamyBlood

I actually went the extra mile.

I was trying to update my HL1 cd and then got HL2 as a bonus. Yes, it installed like 2GB of nothing, again, but once you get past that it's not so bad. Not sure what is more of a pain in the ass, paying for it or just playing it. Regardless, it was a pretty fun game, I thought.

So if you have problems with Steam, just give them a few bucks, then pirate it, it worked for me. I couldn't get the legit steam version working but the bittorrent version worked. Both took up way too much space on my harddrive but seriously where there's a will, there's a way.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: No subject Aug 5, 2007, 21:36 CreamyBlood

Even though I test all the time in opera, I didn't realize it was now free. Anyways, I'm used to the very few but useful plugins I use with firefox and don't feel a need to go elsewhere.

News Comments > Quake Zero Unveiled
26. Re: Milking that old cow Aug 5, 2007, 13:49 CreamyBlood

It's an 'experiment'. I like Q3, let's just wait and see how this turns out. If it's a flop, who cares? If it's fun then anyone that wants to play it wins.

News Comments > Rage Announced
38. Re: d3d Aug 5, 2007, 01:39 CreamyBlood

Actually my hackintosh running on an AMD sempron 3000+ is able to play Prey and the ET universal binary. I'm also able to run XP in a virtual machine for the sole purpose of testing web pages in IE7.

I'm experimenting and liking it as a development platform. I can run Q3 as well. So it's nice not having to reboot into Windows for a quick game of something.

Of course it's not 'worthy' for the bleeding edge, but the more choices, the better. The less booting into Windows, the better.

News Comments > id Games Get Steamy
47. Re: Valve > id Aug 4, 2007, 23:49 CreamyBlood

Why do people pay to play "back catalog" crap? Is it nostalgia? These games were good for their time but how can you go back after playing the latest and greatest? That's like de-evolving.

Because some people think that some of these are great games whether you do or not. I still play Q3 CTF stock maps once in awhile. I play ET all the time and get together and play RTCW with friends at times.

Maybe the graphics aren't up to your standards, but in a way the gameplay still blows away anything 'modern'. In my opinion. If you're not interested, don't buy em, but don't knock em.

Ahh, just thinking about how creepy 'Spear of Destiny' was makes me want to check it out again...

News Comments > Unreal Tournament 3 Movies
3. Re: No subject Jul 29, 2007, 22:40 CreamyBlood

I've never understood the importance that people put on the weapon models in FPS's as I really don't notice them. Okay, if it's really bad like that Jurassic youtube video someone posted awhile ago then I'd notice.

Normally I'm concentrating on tactics and hitting the guy in the head in front of me, not the design of my gun. But perhaps it does matter. I've also noticed in many mods for many games that never see the light of day that they focus on their wonderful new weapon models and nothing else. Then fade into obsurity.

News Comments > etc.
15. Re: Linux Gaming? Jul 29, 2007, 22:22 CreamyBlood

I haven't dabbled with Linux for awhile but my hackintosh plays Wolf:ET just fine. And what about Freespace 2? What kind of list was that?

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
6. Re: Cat's eye view Jul 29, 2007, 22:04 CreamyBlood

Cats rule. I live in front of a small park. Every morning while having coffee I watch dogs walk their bleary-eyed owners our to the park. They take a crap, the owner picks it up with a bag and puts it in an other bag.

Strangest ritual I've ever seen.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Directx Jul 29, 2007, 21:24 CreamyBlood

I think this is 9.c.version.gazillionandtwo

News Comments > Democracy 2 Announced
7. Re: No subject Jul 29, 2007, 21:07 CreamyBlood

I remember playing a similar game way back in the Atari ST days. Maybe it was called Diplomacy or something, I do remember enjoying it at the time. Not sure if it's my cup of tea anymore.

But at least this indie developer is making what look like unique PC games. Once in a while I go on a binge and slog my way through a truck load of low-budget indie games and sometimes find a gem or two if not a few hours of so-so entertainment. I haven't tried any of these yet, but give it a shot before slagging the thing.

News Comments > BioWare's MMO License
28. Re: Dumped Simutronics? Jul 19, 2007, 20:06 CreamyBlood

My point is that games have become more shallow.

Arguing about pirating by people that justify it to themselves wasn't what I was getting at, and I think you realize that.

I don't agree with a lot of Jericks thoughts, but I don't dismiss all of his ideas out of hand either.

24. Re: Dumped Simutronics? Jul 19, 2007, 17:04 CreamyBlood

I'd just like to say, that Baldurs Gate 2 is one of my all-time favorite games. It had a linear story and hard core tactics. In fact, the more you got into the more complex it became. To me, that was awesome, to others it probably bogged them down. Hence, the simplified KOTOR.

Although a great story with with a very deep engine, they 'nerfed' it to make gampley more 'accessible'.

22. Re: Dumped Simutronics? Jul 19, 2007, 16:44 CreamyBlood

Basically I feel like what Jerrik has reiterated a million times in the past. That the year is 2007 and we're getting 'pretty' games with no substance. Shallow shit.

I understand that we look on the 'golden years' with reverance and longing but to me I think that many games have sacrificed gameplay for dazzle. Not that that's a bad thing as I love technology and what not but games are getting more and more boring.

It's not particularly hard to define the reason for this. In 'the old days' gamers created the games, it was a passion, now it's a business. We all know this, look at this site, hard core PC gamers buy the Wii, people think that Gears of War is awesome. It doesn't matter. In fact we should rejoice in a way, that our hobby is getting the money and attention it deserves.

But it's like hollywood, it's been exploited to the lowest common demonitar. It's a money game and that's the way of the world. I was hoping for better but I get mediocrety.

And some games are good, like I said, KOTR isn't bad, it was fun and had a good story. In fact it had a huge game engine behind it but in the end it fell on itself. Basically it was very complex but it presented itself with a strong engine that was under utilised.

For the most part, that worked, I was able to enjoy the story line but eventually I felt that 'I couldn't lose'. Is that bad?

Perhaps not for most people and even me, I advanced the story without having to bother with the minutea of game mechanics. I lost interest. I suspect most people didn't and that the game was intentionally designed that way.

Can we blame Bioware? No, not really. They are gamers and actually built the engine, but they need to make money. There is a hard core gaming engine masked under simplicity of it. Look at NWN, then look at KOTR.

Same shit, different pile. NWN was flawed by a stupid yet simple story, underneath was a great engine. They took it to a new level with Knights of the Old Republic, focused on story but made the default brain dead easy.

Honeslty, I'm sure there's a setting in there somewhere that would have made the game more challenging. Did I find it? No, did I enjoy the game? Yes, although I haven't finished it.

I suppose I'm a client in a niche market, hard to please and not worth the bother. So forgive me if I expect to see a rather watered down MPOG from them. It will surely please the masses, I'm just not one of them.

20. Re: Dumped Simutronics? Jul 19, 2007, 16:10 CreamyBlood

Just the mention of 'MMOG' or whatever you want to call it makes me think of work

I'm not into grind. It was fun as a teenager way back when. It's like the difference between Enemy Territory and BF2, one is fun, the other is a stats grind.

I'm looking forward to Age of Conan as I love the universe, but games these days seem more and more like a chore instead of the escapism that I expect from them.

Perhaps I'm just getting old, but except for the NWN engine and the user made mods for it I didn't like any of their official content. Translate online+NWN= into boredom.

(Shrug)

13. Re: No subject Jul 19, 2007, 14:28 CreamyBlood

Well I liked KOTOR for the most part. Mostly because of the story, possibly even the linearity. It was/is pretty mindless but entertaining. I have to admit that I'm on the final planet and haven't been able to bring myself to finishing it. I really want to free up the hard drive space.

I guess it's an RPG 'lite' as I got more cash and items in my inventory than I know what to do with and I just slog through enemies clicking my mouse button without much fear. Despite losing interest in it I have say that it was pretty good fun while it lasted.

It was almost brilliant but somehow managed to bring itself down to something above mediocrity. Perhaps it was the dumbed down console roots, I don't know. I give it a thumbs up regardless.

News Comments > Gears of War PC?
36. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2007, 01:33 CreamyBlood

That's great because NWN was a dumbed down Baldur's Gate.

No doubt. I actually only played player made content and 'Hordes'. Like KOTR, I had a gazillion things in my inventory and it didn't seem to matter what I equipped or what stats I took, I could pretty much breeze through it. Baldurs Gate wasn't like that.

Seems like that's how games are these days. I played Prey and it was cool for the art style and environments and what not, but I never felt that I had to 'work' for anything. It's sort of like games are on 'autopilot' these days. I don't know.

At least when I play ETPro, I'm playing humans, they're tough and show no mercy. That's a twitch game with a bit of brains, but even that hasn't been done for years. Just looking forward to a single player or ANYTHING that is worth upgrading my computer for.

Consoles are not an option. For me. I just like to use my brain, if I want passivity I'll watch a movie.

News Comments > Gears of War PC?
33. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2007, 00:05 CreamyBlood

I agree with Jerryk, games seem to just suck these days. I've been meaning to buy an uber system since Doom 3, which we all know sucked. Then Oblivion, then Gothic 3, etc etc.

I basically am almost finished catching up on most games that I want to play that aren't 'new'.

I liked Knights of the Old Republic and that seemed like a dumbed down NWN game, but it was fun. I tried Halo, didn't get it. I don't know, it just seems that the tech has gotten better but the actual gameplay more shallow, or just broken.

Like this Shadowrun game, is actually crippled for PC users on purpose. Yeah, like I'm going to buy that.

How would you play Freespace 2 on a console? Seriously. Anyways, off to play some Wolf ET, at least the old games still work (except HL).

1211 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo