Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CreamyBlood

Real Name CreamyBlood   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CreamyBlood
Email killjoy999@hotmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description Old, beer drinking gamer. I think my first game was the ASCII version of Star Trek on an IBM mainframe at my Dad's work. Second was probably Pong that he built out of parts from an 'Electronics Today' magazine on a black and white TV....
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 18, 2003, 04:15
Total Comments 1211 (Pro)
User ID 19418

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > America's Army Backlash
51. Re:Charlie_Six Sep 6, 2007, 02:28 CreamyBlood

And regarding the video game, who cares what the military uses. People that sign up get influenced to do so for many reasons. Posters, pamphlets, campus recruiting. That's old hat. It's a volunteer army.

I still believe you should be able to produce, market and sell whatever movies or games you want, let the adults decide what is good or not.

Look at Manhunt 2. As far as I can tell the distributors decided not to carry it, not the government or the consumers. A bad thing? Perhaps. Running with sicsors makes the Postal games. Not my cup of tea, but I have to admit I really liked GTA3. Anyways, artists should make what they want. Including the American military. Fundamentalist religions have games from both Christian and Islamic perspectives.

And that's fine. I don't really care. The Jews and the Nazis and the Christians and the Taoissts and Bhudists and Muslims and Hindus and Mennanites and Mormons and Jehovahs and all those freaks can go make all the violent anti-whomever video games that they want. As long as they're fun, I'll play them.

I'm not really concerned about turning into a moron because of it. Just please leave religion out of our education system and let parents train their kids to be little killers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > America's Army Backlash
50. Re:Charlie_Six Sep 6, 2007, 02:17 CreamyBlood

This is so awesome, an American War thread on Blues News. Don't think I've seen one for a couple of years, at least that's when I gave up on them.

Still very entertaining though.

My two cents are about the same as they were several years ago. I wish the Americans had attacked the Taliban (you know, the terrists) in Afgahnistan, instead of pre-emptivly invading Iraq. But what's done is done.

I think it would be stupid for NATO to pull out of Afhganistan (like us Canadians are considering) at this point and even worse for the Yanks to abandon Iraq after causing this shitstorm.

I mean, 130,000 Americans fighting the Taliban would probably make more sense than 'securing Iraq'. Or would have. But not much you can do about it now. Spreading it thin over two different wars kind of hurts us all.

Anyways, continue on, great entertainments from the conspiracy guys to the lefties and righties.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Free, Too
13. Re: No subject Sep 3, 2007, 19:18 CreamyBlood

Well, free is free, I'm all for it. Being an id fanboy I never played the Ghost Recon genre, is it worth it? Graphics don't matter to much to me as I'm into gameplay. (Just finished kicking ass in ET, yet again).

I like shooting people in the head.

PS Farcry kicks ass.

This comment was edited on Sep 3, 19:19.

News Comments > Gold - Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars
95. Re: meh... Sep 3, 2007, 13:11 CreamyBlood

IS THAT POSSIBLE??

Well, yeah, I was being kind of a dick. Don't take it to heart and enjoy your games, whatever the platform you play on.

Cheers

News Comments > Gold - Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars
93. Re: meh... Sep 3, 2007, 02:20 CreamyBlood

BF literally invented the type of gameplay that ETQW is imitating so if anything is rehashed garbage its the latter.

Bizzaro, you are obviously a moron. Anyways...

I haven't played beta 2 yet, but I think threads like this do a good job of weening out the pussies from the players.

Thank God we have forums like this to get rid of the pathetic shits that can't learn how to use a mouse or their brain. Natural Selection rocks.

I'm buying a new computer for this. Later dumb fucks. Go back to your consoles. I still play ET several times a week. It's not for the faint hearted. Please leave, and, oh. Seriously, Just, Fuck off and go noodle your little controller thingie.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Dutch Court Opens Door... Aug 31, 2007, 10:03 CreamyBlood

"The current law is based on the principle that every adult is considered capable of deciding for himself which games he wants to play, unless it contains illegal material."

Sounds like a civilised country.

News Comments > Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts Beta
8. Re: No subject Aug 31, 2007, 00:43 CreamyBlood

Who is with me?

I was with you six or seven years ago, whenever it was that Gamespy and Fileplanet took a dive and turned into total shit. Seems to just get worse all the time although some people like it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Teen SC answer Aug 27, 2007, 13:50 CreamyBlood

OMG. Of course it's a freakin' unlabeled map. What kind of geography test would give you a map with all of the countries listed on it? Duh.

News Comments > Project RPB Unveiled
15. Re: No subject Aug 27, 2007, 00:07 CreamyBlood

Have you played the Fallouts, Planescape: Torment, the Baldur's Gates, Arcanum, Vampire: The Masquerade, Anachronox, Divine Divinity?

Played them all except for Vampire and Divine Divinity. I actually have Vampire, just haven't figured out which of the two main fan patches I want to use.

Anywyas, it sounds like the technical issues have been ironed out so I think I'll take a gamble and pick it up some time. I really like G2 and it can't be worse than Oblivion. Can it?

News Comments > BioShock Activation Not Permanent
119. Re: No subject Aug 26, 2007, 01:03 CreamyBlood

The way I look at it is that developing software is long, hard and time consuming and those that create it should be paid for it.

If you want the game then buy it, like everything else. If it fucks up your system or you're afraid it will fuck up your system, then buy it anyways and install the pirated version for convenience.

If you use a product, then pay for it, regardless of your political/developer/publisher opinions we live in a capatilist society, most up us create and consume, others are thieves. If you're a thief, fine, just don't whine about it. Most people don't go around breaking into the Ford factory, stealing cars, trying them all out then saying their pieces of shit (even if they are) and that they're not going to buy one. Okay, cars are bad analogies.

118. Re: No subject Aug 26, 2007, 00:34 CreamyBlood

They seemed to have mucked up the control options for the PC.

It boggles my mind that in the year 2007 so many games don't let you configure controls as you want them. It isn't rocket science. id software have let you change whatever the fug you want (through ini files at least) for how many years? Just get a jr interface coder guy from highschool on it for a couple of weeks and be done with it.

116. Re: No subject Aug 26, 2007, 00:14 CreamyBlood

Yeah I realize I have an OS from 1999, and there are prolly about 5 other W2K gamers out there

(put up hand) Six!

115. Re: BioShock wallpaper Aug 26, 2007, 00:09 CreamyBlood

but the thing actually looks good, and it's heavy -if you really threw it at a wall, you'd probably punch through the drywall on both sides which is one of the measures of good art. It has a kind of a Heavy Metal Magazine appeal to it.

Kind of like my keyboards, if you can't bash someones head into a bloody pulp with it, it ain't worth typing on. I've also collected HM since about 25 years ago.

News Comments > Saturday Hardware Reviews
2. Quattro 850W & 1000W Aug 25, 2007, 23:36 CreamyBlood

I'm wondering about this 3dGameMan video review. Did he just read the specs from the brochure? I didn't notice any oscilloscopes or power meters or stress tests.

I'm peicing together a system (8800, Intel Core 2 Duo 6750) with three or four hard drives and expect a 450-500 watt power supply to do the trick. As opposed to the 500-700 recommended for hard core gamers.

I don't remember enough of my physics to work out the numbers and am thinking of sending this off to Dans Data to let him do the dirty work. I'd ask Enahs but I think he's a chemist.

News Comments > Project RPB Unveiled
3. Re: No subject Aug 25, 2007, 23:11 CreamyBlood

I so wish that I'd hadn't already played Gothic 2: Night of the Raven just so I could play it again.

I'm really trying to get into Oblivion with a bunch of mods, but it still seems like a chore. Unfortunately it sounded like Gothic 3 was a disaster and will never be fixed.

If anyone who enjoyed G2 and has played G3 please let me know if it's worth picking up. Or even if it's better than Oblivion. Not sure what else to play on the RPG front right now.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Age of Conan wins GC Best Online Gam Aug 25, 2007, 22:50 CreamyBlood

I almost forgot I was looking forward to this game, another good excuse to upgrade my hardware. I just hope they don't fuck it up and water it down for the masses.

I haven't read anything lately but it looks like they were trying to stick close to Howards vision, meaning, dark, gritty and violent. (Please make it 'Adult').

Wonder if kids can even read the original Conan's in school libraries anymore or if it would burn their ears off.

News Comments > BioShock Activations Upped, Widescreen Patch Planned
141. Re: ... Aug 25, 2007, 22:29 CreamyBlood

No doubt. Seems like a new, leaner and meaner Riley, I'm not sure if he actually used swear words but he seems to be a little bit more aggressive.

Kind of hard to figure out if he's a smart kid (in ways) that is passing puberty now, or a young adult that has learned a little bit about argumentative essays in English 101 and is just arguing semantics.

Or, if he went from little blue pills to a lighter shade that don't quite keep him in check.

I sometimes wonder if he has about a gazillion firefox windows open tracking all of his threads from dusk till dawn. There could be all kinds of forums out there of which we know nothing about with him consistently monitoring and updating with great dedication.

It's interesting how people spend their time in this information age. Like me, I just read 139 posts.

135. Re: So... Aug 25, 2007, 00:13 CreamyBlood

My point is that he simply should not buy the game if he doesn't agree with the DRM in it because doing so rewards the publisher/developer and encourages more use of the DRM. I didn't say he should pirate it.

Sofware development is hard work. Long and often tedious, difficult work. I believe all developers should get paid for their effort. I don't like DRM but generally it doesn't screw up my system. In fact right now I have some SecureRom drivers on my system that I haven't bothered to get rid of and don't really care about.

I'm technically adept enough to fix my system if the DRM screws it. It's just in one case (Starforce) it disabled my CVD player and it took me a couple of hours to get it working again. Nothing else has given me a problem, but I generally don't like low-level device drivers sitting next to my kernal if they're not needed. That's why I think twice about trying a demo that is DRM'd, because the potential hassle isn't worth the clean up time.

Luckily, at the moment we have choices, we have alternatives to installing heavily layered DRM'ed software like Windows Media Player, Quicktime, games, etc. Generally I pick the non-DRM'd route.

But I still think the developer deserves his fair share, so I buy the game. Sure I'm supporting DRM in a way, but I want to play this game, so I pay the piper. I'm not sure what you do, never play the game and write them an email telling them that they lost a sale because of securerom?

38. Re: So... Aug 24, 2007, 01:17 CreamyBlood

Well, I have to agree that it looks like they're listening and plan to fix some problems even if they haven't done that this very instant. Kudos to them.

That's so unlike some other unamed (starts with a B) developer that deletes negative posts/links and leaves it up to the community to fix their games' problems.

At least these guys are admitting their mistakes and are offering solutions. It might not be the solution YOU want to hear but at least an acknowlegement that there IS a problem is nice in this day and age.

As to the DRM thing, I don't know why they bother anymore. As you can tell, they have to hire more people, coordinate with SecureRom, deal with massive tech issues and support those issues. It's a hassle to the average Joe and it looks like it's a hassle for them.

I believe in buying a product and using it as I please. Software vendors don't have a right to 'call home', in my opinion. Especially for a single player game. I don't care if Q3 calls the master server, checks my cd-key and gives me a list of servers. I DO care about software that wants to call some server whenever it wants, or arbitrarily decide that I'm a thief and deactivate something that I've already given them money for.

I learned a few years ago it's less hassle to just start the bittorent, go to Futureshop and buy the game. If they deserve your money, you'll feel better (assuming you have any morals). I still have an unwrapped HL2 box as I never felt like playing it online. Maybe one day I'll check out CS.

I can tell you right now I'll do the same with Bioshock. I'll probably upgrade my computer next week and buy the game at future shop. But I'll WITHOUT DOUBT have the DRM free version burned to DVD long before that.

Just not into trouble-shooting intentional issues anymore, nor jumping through hoops for a fifty dollar game.

News Comments > BioShock Q&A
15. Re: I like Ken Aug 23, 2007, 01:59 CreamyBlood

Well, to each their own I always say. It sounds like they've made a setting appealing to the average console gamer while still impressing the hardcore PC gamers. I haven't played the demo or game but am thinking of upgrading my computer in the next week or so, mostly for ET but party because of this game.

Sometimes I want to run and gun, other times I want to play a deep, challenging complex game. Right now I'm trying to play Oblivion again with Obscuros Oblivion Overhaul but it still seems, uggg. Mindlessly boring. I'm wanting to get absorbed with it but it seems like a chore.

The problem with all of these so called 'dumbed-down' console games is that is the standard that the masses expect and want. They don't know any better. Hopefully when graphics reach a critical mass and hardware is cheap and plentifull, the focus on gameplay, story and immersion will become more important to devlopers and players giving all gamers (whatever the platform) more choices and expectations in the games they we play.

Besides the technical gripes people have about Bioshock, it sounds like Levine was able to make this game because it's what he wanted to make and wasn't hampered by what the publishers wanted. From the interview it sounded to me like they were able to make what they wanted to, as opposed to what they were told to create.

Anyways, I expect that by the next generation or two of video cards and consoles we're going to see a major swing back to quality games with depth, story, atmosphere, etc as that will be the only thing differenciating games.

I'm hoping. I've found the last several years rather grim for games in general but am looking forward to some good stuff in a few years. Hope some of that makes sense.

1211 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo