Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CreamyBlood

Real Name CreamyBlood   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CreamyBlood
Email killjoy999@hotmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description Old, beer drinking gamer. I think my first game was the ASCII version of Star Trek on an IBM mainframe at my Dad's work. Second was probably Pong that he built out of parts from an 'Electronics Today' magazine on a black and white TV....
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 18, 2003, 04:15
Total Comments 1211 (Pro)
User ID 19418

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars
33. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2007, 00:05 CreamyBlood

I kind of expected that on a site like blues news a rather complex, team based objective oriented game would get a few nods of approval.

But maybe I'm getting old and there aren't many gamers around still alive that like a bit of depth and intelligence in their multiplayer frag-fests...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Three "Confirmé"
18. Re: !! Oct 2, 2007, 23:48 CreamyBlood

Holy crap! Ray just insulted somebody, I'm not sure if I've seen that before. I suppose it's happened in the past, but he seemed like such a nice guy. I think I might have to ban him.

As an aside, I still keep getting confused and thinking we're about to play episode 3 as I played HL2 w/E1 like last year.

I was going to buy the Orange box but it was a toss up between that, Enemy Territory and tickets to Rob Zombie. The Orange Box lost... I'll buy the Ultimate Half Life in 2009.

News Comments > Euro Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Ships, Linux Server Released
10. Re: No subject Sep 30, 2007, 23:58 CreamyBlood

It's got its flaws and rough edges but overall I'm finding it's giving me the same adrenaline rush that ETPro gives when the right server is starting to 'gel'. But whatever, these types of games aren't for everyone.

News Comments > Euro Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Ships, Linux Server Released
3. Re: Damn Sep 29, 2007, 00:10 CreamyBlood

No doubt. We should get our American brothers to nuke the fuck out of you stupid European bastards!!!!

News Comments > Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Patch
29. Re: morons Sep 28, 2007, 23:18 CreamyBlood

I understand what you're thinking, or hoping. But in software development, a true program is never finished. Most of us will keep tweaking and polishing a chunk of code until the cows come home if we could. Fortunately if it's 99.9% functional our managers call it a wrap.

Anyways, id Software and Splash Damage respect their customers. Like I said, they'll keep patching this thing for several more years. Some will be bugs, some will be balancing issues, new features and some will be patches to fix the patches. At least you know you're not going to be left high and dry.

Last year they patched all of they're Q3 based games, how many years after initial release? Some companies shut down their servers after a year.

13. Re: morons Sep 28, 2007, 00:53 CreamyBlood

Yes, I expect TF2 to be more basic, but it sounds like it's fun. In fact TFx are the spiritual predecessors to Wolfenstein, WET and ETQW. Even splash damage say so and are playing TF2.

Sometimes I like my more 'serious' hardcore gaming and sometimes I like what I call my 'fun, retard servers'. Until now that's been Wolf ET and BF1942 respectively. Looks like I finally get two modern equivalents now.

But yes, on Tuesday I'll be getting my ass kicked in all kinds of maps. Might have to tell the boss I'll be late on Wednesday.

11. Re: morons Sep 28, 2007, 00:33 CreamyBlood

I didn't realize it was coming out already. It's a definite buy for me. I almost bought the Orange Box online last night but decided to wait for a demo of TF2 as that sounds like something I'd really like. Does anyone know if/when the TF2 demo is coming out?

As to patching before it comes out? How old are you? Developers always find bugs after they've pressed the gold. Then once the masses get it installed they find a bunch more. Plus Splash Damage/id software will be supporting this game for years to come. No sale for you? Whatever.

Anyways, this game has grown on me and I don't seem to play WET anymore. I'll probably by the damned Orange Box too as it sounds like TF2 is a blast.

News Comments > Boxed Orange Box Pre-Purchase & TF2 Beta Access
76. Re: Zombie Tour Sep 28, 2007, 00:06 CreamyBlood

Yipeee! I got tickets, only 35 bucks. And it's in a venue that only holds 1000 people so it'll be up close and personal. It's gonna be a freak show I tell ya!

News Comments > Boxed Orange Box Pre-Purchase & TF2 Beta Access
71. Re: ... Sep 26, 2007, 21:19 CreamyBlood

Zombie's coming to town here in less than a month. Just found out and hope I can still get tickets. Bet it's a good freak show.

News Comments > Preorder The Orange Box, Test TF2
164. Lineage Sep 17, 2007, 18:32 CreamyBlood

My mind is fuzzy but I know I played TF for Quake 2 quite a bit I believe. Unfortunately at the time I was more into Head Hunters, you know the one where as you keep adding skulls to your belt it leaves a bigger and longer blood trail behind you?

The question is, how does the spiritual ancestor history go for online classes with objective based warfare?

Team Fortress->Tribes->Wolf->Enemy Territory->Quake Wars?

Something like that?

I'm sure it's out of order and I've missed about a gazillion games and that will be sacrilege, but I'm really, really enjoying Quake Wars and think that I'll have to get the Orange Box if TF2 is anything close to the same type of fun.

And yes, I do like twitch, arcadey shoot'em ups with a bit of depth.

News Comments > Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Demo Released
98. Re: ETQW Sep 16, 2007, 20:56 CreamyBlood

I haven't played ETQW yet since I'm in Aruba finishing some useless internship (those 2 words go so well together) but reading all those comments I came to the conclusion that this game has no reason - at all! - to have the name "Enemy Territory" in it, nor "Quake".

So, you haven't played the game yet you've come to the conclusion that it has nothing to do with Enemy Territory.

I've played ET almost daily for I don't know how many years now and think differently than 'Fansite Slippery Jim'.

Perhaps you should go play the game yourself and come up with your own unique opinion.

As a hardcore ETPro veteran (and all the Quakes et al), I'm quite happy with it. Others don't agree. But at least they've played the fucking thing before forming an opion.

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 20:59.

News Comments > Crysis DirectX 9 & 10 MP Performance
24. Features Sep 14, 2007, 00:56 CreamyBlood

For one, I thought this was published by EA, not Microsoft. So unless there's some conspiracy theory about DX10 I'm not understanding the connection here.

But I'd rather here from a programmer that has coded for both DX9 and 10 and hear their opinions. It's quite possible that it's easier to program physics and day/night cycles in DX10 than DX9, but I'm not sure. Perhaps their using the extra GPU power of the 8800 cards to process physics, I don't know.

I'd like to hear some cold hard facts on the matter before jumping to the conclusion that it's all just collusion between Crytek and MS trying to force us all to buy better hardware and newer operating systems.

News Comments > Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Demo Released
76. Re: we need the ..... Sep 11, 2007, 02:10 CreamyBlood

I'm having fun with it. I didn't have any problems with the UI, but I've been using computers all of my life.

It actually runs decent at low settings on my crap computer. The hitscan is dead on and smooth and there seems to be a lot of depth to the gameplay. So I get my 'twitch fix' plus a deep and intelligent game. There seems to be a lot to do and the different classes allow for a lot of different play styles.

I do agree that some of the vehicles are lacking some sort of 'kinetic feel' or whatever and many of the sounds just don't have the same sort of 'oomph' that even Wolf: Enemy Territory has.

But all in all I'm liking the gameplay. I'll have to really put some serious hours into it to decide for sure but I think I'll be buying this and playing it a lot.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: This should be on there. Sep 9, 2007, 17:01 CreamyBlood

I feel like saying, "Don't resurrect the past for fear of destroying fond memories", or something like that.

But I installed Oblivion with all the mods that supposedly make it a half decent game at the same time as the original Fallout a month or so ago and find that Oblivion is a chore. I'm actually enjoying reliving life in the Wasteland.

So currently for online play, it's BF42 and ETPro, for RPG it's Fallout (I think Oblivion is getting uninstalled again, I give up) and for Adventure I was trying to get through 'Dead Reefs' but it's just petered out for me.

Perhaps I'll dig up The Dig.

I've wanted to do an uber hardware upgrade since Doom 3 but need to justify it by my software needs. I really hope Quake Wars equals or exceeds ETPro or else I'm going to keep on playing what I'm playing now.

News Comments > TF2 Announcement Next Week
68. Re: @Dagok Sep 9, 2007, 16:45 CreamyBlood

My eyes are starting to glaze over. Again.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: This should be on there. Sep 9, 2007, 14:01 CreamyBlood

Yeah, I remember The Dig. My Dad bought it on a whim but it was too tough for him, he thought it was shit as he didn't 'get' the whole adventure thing.

I think I finished it but am not sure, that was back before the web days when our only cheating resources consisted of BBS's and usenet. I might still have it on diskette somewhere. You seem to recall more than I can but my memories of it amount to: great story, frustrating game.

63. Re: No subject Sep 9, 2007, 13:49 CreamyBlood

In spite of this, HL2DM is still the best online FPS out there.

Wrong. ETPro is the best online FPS game out there. Of course, that's just my opinion.

62. Re: No subject Sep 9, 2007, 13:48 CreamyBlood

What are you people on this board, like 5??

Grow up, TF2 will be a cool game, it comes out when it comes out. jesus fucking christ, get real.

Valve makes kick-ass games if you ask me, every one of their releases have been fuckin amazing, end of discussion.

WTF. Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Valve actually only made like two games in the last decade? I mean in their entire history? Half Life 1 back in the Quake 2 days and more recently, Half Life 2?

Am I missing something? I really enjoyed both of them, including the add-on, Episode 1 (for some reason I thought I'd played Ep1 and 2 last year but I guess not). Despite the hype and 'announcements' they churn out it doesn't seem like they are much of a game developing company.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Dell Sep 8, 2007, 22:58 CreamyBlood

Isn't the E6750 much better value right now? At this very moment?

44. Re: No subject Sep 8, 2007, 22:34 CreamyBlood

I saw some dude a several years ago on the street (LA actually, okay, could have been SanFran) with a sign that was 'announcing' the end of the world.

I think we need some other guy to wake up before him in the morning 'announcing' that the guy repeatedly advertising the End of the World is going to make an announcement.

I don't know if there are any parallels here, but the world hasn't ended yet, so I'm not sure what all of these announcements add up to anymore.

1211 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo