Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CreamyBlood

Real Name CreamyBlood   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CreamyBlood
Email killjoy999@hotmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description Old, beer drinking gamer. I think my first game was the ASCII version of Star Trek on an IBM mainframe at my Dad's work. Second was probably Pong that he built out of parts from an 'Electronics Today' magazine on a black and white TV....
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 18, 2003, 04:15
Total Comments 1211 (Pro)
User ID 19418

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Crysis Patch Delay
33. Re: ... Dec 23, 2007, 04:59 CreamyBlood

I quite enjoy the game during the parts where there AREN'T ANY HELICOPTERS.

I can't play Crysis but will eventually. But I can say that that one level in FarCry where you're on a bunker hilltop and the helicopter comes swooping up really sucked. It took me a couple of days, I don't know how many hours, to get past that. Couldn't get through the door until you killed the helicopter. Pissed me right off.

Maybe that same sadistic level designer did that to you in Crysis?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Q&A
54. Re: No subject Dec 23, 2007, 04:42 CreamyBlood

I wish I could have a job for 10 years and have nothing to show for it.

No... you really don't.

Finally, something of substance. Sage advice.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Teaser Video
170. Re: Heavy Dec 23, 2007, 04:39 CreamyBlood

What in God's name is the point of releasing a "teaser" video after 11 years of development?

I like how it brings all of the rodents out of the woodwork and gives us 168 posts of variable entertainment.

Couldn't give a shit about Duke myself.

20. Re: ... Dec 22, 2007, 04:59 CreamyBlood

So what's the concensus, should I upgrade to an uber CPU with an 8800 and enjoy either a 4 hour scripted game with great graphics or an 6 hour bouncing off the walls game with great graphics?

Nevermind, I already know the answer. I'll catch up to this wonderful gameplay next year when I can afford it.

News Comments > Free Gore SE
1. Chronic Kings Dec 22, 2007, 01:08 CreamyBlood

4D Ruler. Fancy name for a clock?

News Comments > Amphibian Man Announced
2. Re: Holy crap Dec 22, 2007, 00:58 CreamyBlood

They'll never top Frogger.

News Comments > NVIDIA Vista Drivers
14. Re: my only Vista problem... Dec 22, 2007, 00:55 CreamyBlood

I believe that icon issue has happened since time immemorial. I use 'icon saver' or 'desktop saver' or something like that. Try and find a Vista version though as I doubt hacks like that will work without having to hit 'Yes' a million times.

17. Re: ... Dec 22, 2007, 00:42 CreamyBlood

Too much stuff worth playing right now and Crysis is at the low end of that list.

Just out of curiosity, what would that 'stuff worth playing right now' be? I'm not being facetious, but Crysis is out of my computers league right now. I'm considering Bioshock and Stalker for now then eventually the Orange Box. Just wondering what else is working for you.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: No subject Dec 22, 2007, 00:31 CreamyBlood

I never read the comic but I liked the movie. Probably reminded me of Wolfenstien with all that Nazi occult stuff going on.

News Comments > ETQW Patch Delay
4. Re: No subject Dec 22, 2007, 00:16 CreamyBlood

I've been a big fan of Qtracker for years. But who knows what's up with any of this. Right now it's showing:

Servers 1185 (active: 1182) Active players: 779 Player slots: 26370

In-Game Browser (limited, doesn't tally players):

Servers: 928

No-Bots/Pure: 895

No-Bots/Pure/Not Empty: 231

GameSpy
http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/

ServerSpy:
http://www.serverspy.net/site/stats/

Who knows what to make of all this?

Perhaps the best way to decide is to play the free demo yourself:

http://community.enemyterritory.com/index.php?q=node/130

While doing that watch the training videos:

GDF Valley Training
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/12591.html

Strogg Valley Training
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/12592.html

Read the Valley Map Guide:
http://community.enemyterritory.com/index.php?q=node/91

When learning new maps I like to be a medic and follow around a competent looking engineer (???) or whoever has the current map objective in mind and keep them alive. That way you're doing something useful while learning the important objectives at the same time (this applies to Wolf:ET as well as many other games). Of course, feel free to do whatever you want.

Anyways, remember to ignore stats as they are for wienies and have fun, or get frustrated or whatever.

YOU are the decider.

3. Re: No subject Dec 21, 2007, 22:28 CreamyBlood

I'm not sure, I haven't thought about it too much, but off the top of my head I'd say that it's a niche market game.

Steep learning curve.

It's taking Wolf:ET, and extending the complexity in many directions, including classes, vehicles and even asymmetrical teams. There's a lot to learn.

It's not free like Wolf:ET.

It's not World War 2.

People didn't like the beta, graphics, animations, 'feel', etc.

It can be 'twitch based' and fast, although there's something for everyone. I like the hit-scan. Doesn't make you feel burned.

It isn't BF2.

Didn't come with Voice Chat out of the box.

Like you said, a bunch of great FPS's decided to release at the same time.

All kinds of reasons really, but I never did and don't expect this to become mass market. It's too much work for people to really get the hang of it (I certainly haven't yet, that will take months). But I find FPS's with this kind of depth rewarding in the long run although, sadly, I think most people don't. I like a good mindless game of BF42 or Q3 once in awhile too, depending on my mood. I'm still waiting for a TF2 demo but I'm sure I'll be buying and enjoying that game soon enough as well.

I suspect I'll be playing Quake Wars for a long time as well as many others but not with massive amounts of players. And as we get used to the game and learn it more it'll get even harder for the new players to get into it.

And that's not a bad thing. One thing I always liked about ETPro is you could always (well, usually) find a server with somewhat mature players that knew what they were doing and most of those matches, even after years, were still quite a rush. (I still play that too, never fails to get the adrenaline going).

As long as I can find Friendly Fire, no-bot servers with a couple of half-assed teams having a good time it doesn't really matter if there's 20 servers or 2000.

I'm sure there's more to it than that, but it simply isn't for everyone, like Gal-Civ isn't everyone's cup of tea, or Anno 1701, or Space Rangers, etc.

I think it'll definitely have longevity, just not mass market appeal. Which might be good for the players but not Splash Damage. Who knows really?

Just a few of my guesses.

1. No subject Dec 21, 2007, 20:18 CreamyBlood

...and they are at work getting everything cleared up prior to release.

It's okay if you take some time off for Christmas, I don't think anyone minds. I don't have any problem waiting another week or so...

News Comments > The Witcher Patch
30. Re: lol Dec 21, 2007, 03:59 CreamyBlood

I think he said 'raid0 raptors'. 10k rpm compared to 7200rpm. I'm sure 15k scsi drives wouldn't double the average 7200 HD, but I think it would be faster. Like anything, it's going to depend on the hardware and application but I don't see how performance could be worse.

Personally I'd go with raid1 just for the peace of mind over the perhaps negligible amount of performance gain. But there's nothing wrong with being on the bleeding edge.

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 04:03.

3. Re: No subject Dec 21, 2007, 03:24 CreamyBlood

The car thief looked back and saw a Flash ad?

I always click a bunch of news items/links with my middle mouse button and open them into new tabs, then read them at my leisure.

One of those tabs had that screensaver add and I was like what the hell? Are those fuckers somehow circumnavigating my uber security and opening ads in new tabs now?

About half an hour later I got around to reading this tab with your explanation, so all is well. Must be Blue trying to get a couple extra Christmas bucks.

(Just kidding)

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: No subject Dec 21, 2007, 02:57 CreamyBlood

I believe DNF will come out long before IE is ever close to being standards compliant. And I agree that it won't matter for a long time anyways unless they officially kill off 6 and 7.

Bad enough coding to spec then hacking for IE6 and now finding out you have to hack for 7 as well. Pain in the ass.

7. Re: No subject Dec 21, 2007, 01:42 CreamyBlood

Well enjoy.

I played it through first on minimal graphics and loved it, which means that gameplay and 'fun factor' existed besides the eye candy.

Then I played it again on a better, but not spectacular machine and still enjoyed it. I think it succeeded on more levels than just being a graphical tech demo.

4. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2007, 09:49 CreamyBlood

I can't believe it. I am amazed. I don't remember hardly any of the game, so this is a really treat....way before it's time.

Yeah, one of the few shooters I've played through twice. Although many don't agree, I didn't mind the mutant alien things at all. Especially liked that tree-top level...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: free firewall Dec 18, 2007, 01:50 CreamyBlood

I'm using Kerio (v4.2.2) as well but it was discontinued, or rather, bought out by Sunbelt quite awhile ago.

And Sunbelts firewall failed rather miserably in a leak test as well as ZoneAlarm Free (although Pro did well). Perhaps outgoing traffic isn't a concern to you but it's important to me.

I used to be a big fan of ZoneAlarm several years ago but it started getting buggy and resource intensive. I settled upon Kerio but it's getting pretty long in the tooth so next I'm going to try Comodo and Online Armor (not at the same time of course).

I obviously can't recommend either of them as I haven't even installed them yet, but they are the top two contenders for my next evaluation.

Comodo Firewall Pro (Free)
http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/

Online Armor (Free and Pay)
http://www.tallemu.com/comparisons.html

Sunbelt Personal Firewall (a.k.a. Kerio) (Free and Pay)
http://www.sunbelt-software.com/Home-Home-Office/Sunbelt-Personal-Firewall/

Leak Test Review (a little dated and perhaps contrversial)
http://www.matousec.com/projects/windows-personal-firewall-analysis/leak-tests-results.php

News Comments > Gothic 3 Community Patch
7. Re: Copy Protection Dec 15, 2007, 06:32 CreamyBlood

They actually have the balls to repackage it and sell it in some 'Universe' pack. Pathetic.

I was looking at their homepage and thought, "That Agatha Christie point and click might be cool".

Oh, it's Jowood. Not even worth downloading the free, full 'evaluation' version.

Basically, putting out G3 in the state it was, was a kick in the balls, a sucker punch, a 'fuck you'.

They put out one patch that did nothing for the technical problems. Now it's a year later and apparantly most of the gameplay bugs are down to a dull roar.

I just spent almost a week tweeking my copy of the game and it's playable. It's actually fun and I like it so far.

But from a standpoint of consumer beware, be aware. You need to be a techie and have a lot of patience even a year later to make it run acceptably. I'm finding it's worth it but I doubt most people will have the stomache for dealing with the technical mess.

Jowood should be shot for re-releasing this and trying to scam money. Fucking assholes.

News Comments > EQ2 Transfer Controversy
15. Re: No subject Dec 15, 2007, 06:23 CreamyBlood

Doesn't this remind you of EVE Online. God. Glad I burnt out on these types of games before they invented GUI's.

1211 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo